PDA

View Full Version : Quick Item Help

pbdr
2013-04-29, 12:48 PM
So, I want to create a weapon made of "coherent water" (think of it as water that holds it's shape like the flow metal from Terminator II, but not ice).

What base weapon would work with this? My first thought is flail. Maybe whip too, but that is exotic.

The weapon will also serve as the holy symbol for a water genasi cleric.

Also, what does a MW holy symbol do?

eggynack
2013-04-29, 12:58 PM
You should try just flavoring a morphing weapon as being made of water. It's a +1 enchantment from Underdark that lets you change a weapon to any weapon of the same size. That seems about what you're looking for in terms of a weapon.

Neo Tin Robo
2013-04-29, 01:00 PM
How bout an aspergillum (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergillum) that dispenses itself as Holy Water? :smallbiggrin:

Also, what does a MW holy symbol do?

One would have hoped it would add +2 to Turning checks like MW tools, but unfortunately it does nothing.

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-04-29, 01:12 PM
Complete Champion actually has rules for holy symbols depending on gods. Each holy symbol gives you special abilities related to divine focused spells. For example, some might increase the effective caster level of a chaos spell or something.

Jigokuro
2013-04-29, 01:18 PM
Do you have homebrew stats for the material already? If not you could use riverine from stormwrack; it is highly dense water in a sheath of force. It has no special characteristics as a weapon beyond being force (so hits ghosts) but it looks like swirling water in weapon form, which it is.
Give that the morphing property for ultimate flavor. :smallcool:

eggynack
2013-04-29, 01:20 PM
Do you have homebrew stats for the material already? If not you could use riverine from stormwrack; it is highly dense water in a sheath of force. It has no special characteristics as a weapon beyond being force (so hits ghosts) but it looks like swirling water in weapon form, which it is.
That seems like just about the ideal combination flavor-wise. As a bonus, riverine is super awesome. It's basically indestructible by my understanding. My solution only worked for the changing aspect of the weapon, so this seems perfect for the part where it's made of water.

Gildedragon
2013-04-29, 01:51 PM
Make your weapon Sanctified to make it a holy symbol. Though it says only armor and shield putting it on a weapon for 50gp isn't bad at all

pbdr
2013-04-29, 01:54 PM

This is a good idea. I think I will go with it.

Darrin
2013-04-29, 03:05 PM
Another idea would be to take shapesand (from Sandstorm), refluff it as "shapewater", and call it a day.