PDA

View Full Version : Looking for non combat/skill feats...

Kerilstrasz
2013-04-29, 02:59 PM
Hey there..

I'm looking for 3,5 Feats that DO NOT (immediately) add in a PCs combat power..

Feats like leadership, scribe scroll, craft X, track etc etc...

Feats that give skills new usage are acceptable.

(Any 3,5 source except homebrew and mags)

PS: Lets keep it simple, name the feat, provide book and page. :)

THNX ALL

HurinTheCursed
2013-04-29, 04:33 PM
Well, I don't see how to help without checking every single book unless you are a bit more specific about what you're looking for. Some metamagic feats could apply depending on your definition, underwhelming feats such as toughness could, creation feats would, all skill related feats would but it doesn't help.
Could you narrow your criteria or tell us what is your intend so that we focus ?

Kerilstrasz
2013-04-29, 06:05 PM
ok.. lets see...
I am not looking for feats that will increase your dmg output..
I am not looking for feats that will boost you hp, ac , res etcetc..
I am not looking for feats that will give numeric bonuses to skills..
I am looking for feats that rarely will be used in combat..
Feats that can and should help PCs on every other aspect of the game...
for example , creation feats, leadership, track, (some feats that give you 1/day cantrips)..

I am looking for feats that you would pick if you didnt want to engage in combat like never, and you wanted to have fun and leave the combat spotlight for the rest of the group.

Kerilstrasz
2013-04-30, 01:11 AM
noone? really?

Gwazi Magnum
2013-04-30, 01:15 AM
I know there's the Investigation feat.

Also you could look at skill tricks.

Each one costs 2 skill points and gives you new uses for your skills.

Matticussama
2013-04-30, 01:23 AM
This is an extremely broad topic, and giving an exact page number for every non-combat feat would be fairly tedious. So instead, I'll also give some broad categories:

Any of the feats that give bonuses to skill usage (Agile, Animal Affinity, Deft ?Hands, etc) would count in this category. The DMG 1 is full of these, but there are others spread throughout the various books. Many of the Faerunian regional feats would also apply here, since they give various minor bonuses to skills or other minor abilities.

There are tons of skill tricks in Complete Scoundrel that add new non-combat options, although there are some that also offer combat bonuses. These aren't feats, but fit under the option of "giving skills new use" criteria.

Improved Familiar, Wild Cohort, Leadership, etc all give new pets/allies that can help in non-combat situations in addition to combat. I'm particularly fond of Wild Cohort, since animals can get all sorts of nifty abilities which can be used quite creatively out of combat. Taking all of these gives you a veritable army which can accomplish virtually any task; especially in a game where time is important, you can accomplish many more goals than you would otherwise.

Devils_Advocate
2013-05-08, 05:49 PM
This is just the sort of thing that the Consolidated Lists Archive (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/lists) is useful for. Look through the list of all feats (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/lists/feats) and see what appeals to you. You may find it helpful to sort by Source and/or to search the page with Ctrl+F.