PDA

View Full Version : Spells that can be used to boost undead or groups of undead.

kiryoku
2013-04-29, 06:57 PM
Literally any spells you can think of and maybe for the heck of it feats as well. I know about corpsecrafter and its chain of feats so don't say those. I am also a cleric so tell me what ones are divine and what ones are arcane please. Also include book and page number. The full name not PHB type out players hand book if thats where its from. So any spells, feats, or tricks to boost your undeads power. I want a small elite force not a massive army. As I am only aloud two undead helping me in battle at once.

Callin
2013-04-29, 07:02 PM
Necrotic Skull Bomb

kiryoku
2013-04-29, 07:03 PM
Book and page number please?

Spuddles
2013-04-29, 07:23 PM
Dude, you're not paying us. Just google the suggestions. Not that hard. Append "d&d" to your search terms. Should have dndtools as your top hit.

kiryoku
2013-04-29, 07:29 PM
Thats why I said please. I was asking. Not telling you to do it. I ment no offence. I just was wondering if you would tell me and save me a few mins of searching if you knew.

Edit: NIce spell a few extra hit points could help at low level. Though I don't have a spell slot for it yet.

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-04-29, 07:49 PM
Sigh... Well, let's get started.
Note: Don't go True Necro.

Spell:Desecrate, a staple, from Player's handbook. pg 218. +2 hp, more undead.
Class:Pale master. pg 47. You probably have the Libris Mortis.
WHEE:Spawning techniques. Get unholy arrows, kill human with it, tie it down, rebuke.
Spell:Undead Lieutenant. Spell Compedium.
Spell:General of Undeath. Spell Compedium.
WHEE:Deathbound domain.
Feat: Master of Undeath. Complete Magic.
Feat: Fell Animate.
Class: Bone Knight. Five Nations.
Item: Black Sand. Sandstorm. Infinite healings.

kiryoku
2013-04-29, 07:52 PM
Thank you that helped me a good deal on healing the sand trick I forgot about. The others I really only need a few because I can't use alot of undead. It would slow the game down to a crawl. So I am only aloud two. I should probably add that to the top.

gorfnab
2013-04-29, 09:14 PM
Feat: Lord of the Uttercold - Complete Arcane
Feat: Mastery of the Dead - Players Guide to Eberron
Spell: Awaken Undead - Spell Compendium
Item: Deadwalker's Ring - Complete Mage
Item: Azun-Gund - Sunless Citadel
Animate options: Skeleton and Zombie Dragon - Draconomicon

Handbooks:
K's Revised Necromancer Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=9488ls1ogds04rl823oa8veku4&topic=2733)

kiryoku
2013-04-29, 10:59 PM
I feel like everyone is somewhat missing the point of my post. >.< I am looking for undead POWER UPS not ways to make/make more of them. I have plenty of ways to make them. I want ways to empower them. Make them stronger. Not make massive hoards of them. o-o I have all the good feats from corpsecrafter. but I was hopping their was something else. A spell I missed or something. I do like a few of the Items said don't get me wrong. But the vast majority of it all is just more undead not better undead. Thats what I want better undead. Not just MOAR UNDEAD lol. XD sorry couldn't help it.

Talothorn
2013-04-30, 09:35 AM
Bone spikes. 2nd level spell, instant duration. Corporeal undead only. Causes 1 undead to grow spikes much like armor spikes. Causes additional 1d6 damage on natural attacks or when grappling. AFB, but I believe it is from Gar'uduks guide to necromatic arts. I'll double check when I get home. Works well with deadly chill and magic weapon.

for feats, look here. (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/3.5e_Necromantic_Feats)

Gerrtt
2013-04-30, 10:19 AM
Stone bones from Magic of Faerun can give your skeletons +3 natural armor.

kiryoku
2013-04-30, 04:06 PM
Some of those feats look okay the price for using them is kinda steep though. added hit die that don't really add hit die. some of them are kinda iffy. if its high enough level I could use some of them its also most likely out of my range to control.

They have a Iron bones as well I think it adds a bit more but its spell level makes it not that attractive.

as for the bone spikes... I can't seem to find them in google.

Menzath
2013-04-30, 04:20 PM
Tomb-Tainted Soul, Lib Mort P.31 Negative energy heals you as if you were undead. Positive harms as if undead.

Lord of the Utter-cold Complete Arcane P.80 Your cold spells are now half negative energy and half cold. Meta-magic +0spell slot.

couple with a mass resist and you +minions now heal while everyone but undead is hurt. Or without the resist you just take....no damage.

kiryoku
2013-04-30, 04:40 PM
I think we are wondering again. those are nice healing the undead. But I want some power to. I do have a few ways of healing them black sand, uttercold, lots of negative energy spells. I have a good bit of it. I am more looking for feats, spells, abilitys, anything that increases their power. Like str, dex, hp, hd, saves, stuff like that even templates I can add to them. I know of spell stitched and evolved undead. I also know about a few variant undead I can use.

Edit: for classes PRCs that mesh well with a corpse crafting cleric.

dascarletm
2013-04-30, 04:47 PM
I think we are wondering again. those are nice healing the undead. But I want some power to. I do have a few ways of healing them black sand, uttercold, lots of negative energy spells. I have a good bit of it. I am more looking for feats, spells, abilitys, anything that increases their power. Like str, dex, hp, hd, saves, stuff like that even templates I can add to them. I know of spell stitched and evolved undead. I also know about a few variant undead I can use.

UA's necromancer variant lets you drop your bonus spells for +4str, +4dex, and 2HP/lvl to your undead. (stacks with corpsecrafter)

Than
2013-04-30, 11:39 PM
Magic of Eberron has an alchemical item called Brittle Bone. Used when creating a skeleton (not after) makes them explode when defeated and cause AOE damage to anything around them. It isn't a spell, but the PHB says you have to be a spellcaster to use Craft(alchemy).

The Viscount
2013-05-01, 12:28 AM
UA's necromancer variant lets you drop your bonus spells for +4str, +4dex, and 2HP/lvl to your undead. (stacks with corpsecrafter)
The hitpoints stack, but the strength bonus does not.

dascarletm
2013-05-01, 07:06 PM
The hitpoints stack, but the strength bonus does not.

Are not the bonus' untyped?

Edit: Cursed enchantment bonuses

Astral Avenger
2013-05-01, 07:11 PM
I'm going to go ahead and be the smarty-pants that says (Mass) Bull's Strength and (Mass) Cat's Grace. :smallbiggrin:

evil-frosty
2013-05-01, 07:18 PM
The normal buff spells out there can be applied to undead as well. So things like haste, bulls strength and cats grace, fly, mass fire shield. They are all good. To help bolster undead shade steel golems out of mm3 are a good combo with undead IIRC. So look for buffs that are good for PC's and throw them on your undead instead.

Fyermind
2013-05-02, 12:12 AM
Awaken undead from spell compendium. It let's them take feats and stuff. You want your undead to have feats.

If you can get them crafted by a necromancy effect of a dread necromancer 8 / necromancer 1 in a desecrated area with the corpsecrafter feats they gain +8 hp/HD. Props if you do this to a dry lich which only becomes a lich when it dies, so being killed by a necromancy spell should work.

Most ways of making undead better are spells that work on anyone, only make sense if you have a horde of undead archers to benefit from it, or just suck. I will be following this thread to see if more ideas to help my minion master necromancers come up.

Gotterdammerung
2013-05-02, 01:43 AM
Brilliant blade.

Put it on the enemy and it becomes an immortality buff for your undead, at least as far as weapon dmg is concerned.

Bonus points if you Divine metamagic Chainspell it on all your enemies.