PDA

View Full Version : little bit of template assistance

fatenori
2013-04-29, 09:04 PM
For some background, our regular dnd gm has been playing advanced dungeons and dragons for ages and has recently had me gm. Well, for something different I had them roll pathfinder characters. Long story short our regular gm likes pathfinder and wants to convert from adnd to pathfinder. This is where it gets wierd. In our adnd game I have a paladin who equipped black plate mail dropped from an enemy without identifying it and the armor fuses with the wearer and is a dust bunny generator that turns its wearer slowly into dustbunnies. Due to this I have a seventh level paladin with no true corporeal shape and bonded to armor. For the purpose of pathfinder I think the metal-clad creature and worm that walks are the most fitting templates but the character is not evil and the templates would probably make him overpowered, 15/- DR is a pretty big boon after all. Any suggestions from people actually experienced in pathfinder would be greatly appreciated.

Chaosvii7
2013-04-29, 11:00 PM
The aptly named Dust Form (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/spells/dustForm.html#_dust-form) spell suits this situation perfectly - the armor can constantly have this spell active, which can in turn confer the bonuses of being incorporeal to you without making you hideously overpowered. You will, however, need Ghost Touch weapons and armor to be able to use fight effectively while incorporeal.

This is all relative to your starting power level - I assume that you're not only mid level(8-12), but that it's a perfect conversion, not a reboot, so this is the best bet. Though there's nothing wrong with having an item slightly out of the regular power range for something like level 6.

fatenori
2013-04-30, 07:58 AM
Thank you for the response, this would then give me the benefit of incorporeality without turning the armor incorporeal, yes? The armor is him just as the dust bunnies, but the armor isnt made out of dust, it is solid black plate +2. I didnt even consider looking at spells for a cursed item...

KillianHawkeye
2013-04-30, 08:06 AM
You're going to find that not everything that exists in one edition of D&D has been replicated in another. Some things, the DM is just going to have to make up on his own.