PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Cleric Domain question & advice sought

Tsriel
2013-04-30, 11:33 AM
I just hit 8th level with my cleric and I'm really excited about it, eventhough the level is a tainted one (we had a PC death in the last encounter). The question I have involves the Protection domain, specifically Aura of Protection. It's benefit isn't the question. How it's activated, is a different matter since it's not openly stated with the ability.

We're a small group with a party size of only three people, all of us are melee types. :smallannoyed: Every action I do is so precious and vital in such a small group. We're playing the Legacy of Fire campaign line. Since we're often so vunerable to ranged attacks, I like the aura for the AC and resists it gives. I can't help but notice that enemy TAB's are getting increasingly higher at an alarming rate (they were hitting me with a 9 on the die).

With all my gear as of right now, I've got a 26 AC. I qualify to prestige into Holy Vindicator and can do so with my new level. With my current resources available, I can get a suit of full plate (non-magical) if I prestige giving me 2 more AC plus 4 more from Vindicator's Shield boosting me to a 32 AC. Obviously this is far better than the aura from a personal survivability standpoint. I just don't get any new spells this level.

Still, is the aura even worth it action cost wise? It's my last domain bonus that I will get eventually, I'm just not sure if I should get it now on top of new more spells from going cleric 8 and wait to PrC at level 9.

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-04-30, 04:06 PM
Activating Supernatural Abilities are standard actions if not stated, I believe.

If you want to survive more effectively, and if enemies are hitting that much, I suggest you look into the world of cheese; concealment will effectively give you a +4 AC, and total concealment even more fun. DR and fast healing also seem to work better.