PDA

View Full Version : Flash games not recognizing keys

Razanir
2013-04-30, 01:55 PM
My problem's stated in the title. Adobe Flash won't recognize certain keys on my keyboard. I know of A, W, Z, X, C, V and L. Notably NOT D. The thing is, it's not a hardware problem. I switch keyboards to one where A is mapped to the D-key, and all of a sudden that key doesn't work instead. Any thoughts or advice?

Razanir
2013-04-30, 02:36 PM
Oh, and it goes the other way as well. The T key works and the L key doesn't, but on the layout where T is mapped to L, it suddenly works

KillianHawkeye
2013-04-30, 08:55 PM
Is this specifically a problem with Flash games? Do your keys work with all your other software applications? Is it all Flash games, or only certain ones? What about Flash that isn't a game? What version of Flash are you running? What operating system? Does the problem persist after you restart your computer?

We can't help you without more information.

Razanir
2013-04-30, 10:47 PM
Is this specifically a problem with Flash games? Do your keys work with all your other software applications? Is it all Flash games, or only certain ones? What about Flash that isn't a game? What version of Flash are you running? What operating system? Does the problem persist after you restart your computer?

We can't help you without more information.

1) They work in other applications
2) Not sure about all v certain ones. Not every game needs every key
3) There exists Flash apps that aren't games?! Nah, I know it's not just for gaming; I just only ever notice it then
4) ... the latest version?
5) Windows 7
6) ... I should restart my computer. I'm lazy and tend to let it hibernate overnight.
7) Other relevant info– the problem persists across browsers and into Unity

Razanir
2013-04-30, 10:56 PM
Okay. Lesson learned. Don't put system updates off for multiple days. It messes with Flash.

Mods may close this now