PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions of NeverWinter

CyberThread
2013-04-30, 04:01 PM
God damn.....

I forgot how much I missed DDO

6 races, 5 classes, huge back story selection , Ha vent...started the game yet, but I am giddy

Second input : Okay ...starting from a shipwreck, just like DDO ... interesting but okay... Graphics are okay, am playing on the lowest setting , and instead of making everything low rez, it just makes them fuzzy. Chracters speak well, some bugs still on how characters interact with NPCs.

Suggestion: Don't keep clicking with your mouse, use your number keys to make selections.

third input : Good lord laptop getting hot already after 7 mins of play, laggy but first day, as to be expected. Character dimension dooring all over the place due to lag XD

Suggestion: If it says to use the F key to grab something, use the damn F key, double clicking with your mouth seems to take it longer to get what you want.

Fourth Input: Wow, Loving this dimension door, ooo yeah what am I? I am a female dwarf cleric of kelmvor ((whatever his name is spelled like)), So it seems the attack system is simplified from the old wow piano keyboard syndrome, and we have QWE and then left and right mouse click .

Suggestion: Your going to be jumping about allot, walk around some to get the server to get you to the spot you want, and press F sometimes takes a few tries for a NPC or quest to recognize you are near.

5th input : Wow, they are really using lore and not just abusing a D&D IP........yay!

6th input: Lagggy..llagggy..laggggy , but still enjoying it does this make me a fanboy?

7th input : The combat is not like wow, where you hold still and press buttons, you can dodge ranged and spell attacks have lil red outlines that show up, so gives you a chance to get out of the area. No clue how that interacts with PVP , but PVE combat is good and solid.

As playing as a cleric, I did not feel like just a heal bot, I was throwing bolts and thinking I was ZEUS, once I got to the bridge section of combat, I was jumping around and dodging ranged attacks while avoiding zombies , and summoning an angel to bring the smack down on the big brutes and the boss warlock.

Suggestoin: While jumping makes me feel better on dodging, I know it really does nothing.

BREAK TIME!!!

huttj509
2013-04-30, 04:19 PM
Heh, the lag SHOULD get better...even on the "stress test and get a pirate hat" beta day it wasn't that bad. First day jitters always suck for server load. Do you get server power you'll never use half of after the first day, or do you try to ride out the spike? (or is it some firewall error someone screwed up on one of the servers which I've heard suggested)

At one point, in the same zone (level 25), I was fine, and my brother was getting lag-jittered off of a bridge. Then it swapped which of us was getting affected later.

IMO, it's ABSOLUTELY worth checking out for free. I dropped $60, because I was in alpha and beta, and knew I liked it, and wanted to start a few days early (and get an xp boost on the first 20 levels I had already played through 3 times due to char resets). I haven't been using the Astral Diamonds I got, because I honestly want to see how things go playing "free" (outside the mount and companion I got, were big boons for the first 20 levels that I had, again, already done repeatedly).

I'm personally hooked on the Control Wizard. I do less damage in non aoe situations, but I can take a big enemy and just say "you're not moving, just stay there," which can help a lot in groups, and against solo dungeon bosses (group bosses tend to be immune, but they have minions).

Sajiri
2013-04-30, 06:04 PM
I've been seriously thinking of this game. I wanted to play sooner but since I had no internet for a while, there was no point in me trying to get in the beta.

I'm considering if I'd want to buy one of those founder packs, just cause I want a horse and a dire wolf >_<

CyberThread
2013-04-30, 09:01 PM
will be playing more tongiht

Hullabaloo
2013-05-01, 09:07 AM
Downloaded and tried last night.

First though: ouch a queue? OUCH, number just went from 7k to 163k. Oh all better 15K. Argh now 87K? I went and did a few things aroudn the house and about an hour later got in. Thats to be expected with a F2P launch, tons of interest, but server budget based on a leveling out player base.

I laughed at starting after a shipwreck (as a former DDO addict :p)

Lore is great!

Follows 4e for better (basically is a cardgame MMO) and worse (lack of multiclassing)

No Lag for me running on my 4+ year old desk top. Same as DDO, GW2 and WoW. I dont have the high end graphics going, but am looking for an updated computer soon, just cant junk this as it still runs really well.

Do they allow repeated of names? I got both Professor Chaos (halfling Guard) and Doctor Chaos (Dwarf Cleric), which I was pumped about.

Dont love the rooted in place for casting, but got used to it more with GW2. Would have been hard coming directly from DDO. Pretty good movement in combat though, requires more then just spamming attacks while running.

Hawriel
2013-05-01, 09:58 AM
So far I was only able to make a character.

I looked OK but I was not impressed. Well more than that. It made me apprehensiveness about the rest of the game. From what I am getting from character creation is that the clothing/armor of the game is the same old WOW/warhammer fantasy artwork. Big obnoxious clothing that makes no practical sense.

After playing Star Trek and Champions it was rather disappointing on the limited character creation. It's not just about the lack of customized clothing/armor. I am given a pigeon hold class with a dumb 3rd ed prestige class name like arcane trick thief, or shadow tears whisper wizard, or lamented I watched way to much anime played to many JRPGs word salad fighter. /name rant.

Then again Perfect World did not make those two games. They bought them, then turned them into a free to play. Which gives you a false hope for character detail in the game.

Just let me be a thief, fighter, cleric, or ranger. Oh no rangers, druids, paladins. Any way, let my choices in skills, alignment, and deity be tools in how I portray my character. Oh no skills and only good deities, no alignment.

So this is using 4th ed as its bases for D&D. Well they finally put the video game rules they printed a few years ago then sold as a P&P table game, and actually made it the video game that it always was. A generic fantasy game.

Still waiting to get into a the game. 4000+ people ahead of me. I'll just play MWO/STO, have not finished Evoland yet. Hmmm update for Towns. Oh hold it it's May 1st. Farcry3 Blood Dragon is being released today!

Oh not for another three hours.

Ah hell Im just going to read my Garrett PI novel. Left it at work.
DAMN IT :smallfurious:

I understand it is a release day and the servers are going to be way over taxed. That's cool I'll check back in a day or two. I should not need to that is BS but I'll live with it.

I was impressed with the number of starting locations and the three background choices you could pick for each of them. The devs payed attention to the lore. That is awesome.

Unfortunately the character creator made the game look even more generic than Warhammer Online. I grew to hate that game for the every one looks exactly the same crap it had. The same with STOR, WOW, and most other games that just want to be WOW.

Hopefully the game play is good. I'll find out later.

Mando Knight
2013-05-01, 11:19 AM
5th input : Wow, they are really using lore and not just abusing a D&D IP........yay!

After playing Star Trek and Champions it was rather disappointing on the limited character creation. It's not just about the lack of customized clothing/armor.
From what I've heard from the STO devs talking about Neverwinter (same company, same building... some of the STO devs even tweeted about the Neverwinter mimic-cake (https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/327482357072412673/photo/1)), apparently WotC is even stricter about what can go into Neverwinter than CBS is about STO.

huttj509
2013-05-01, 01:17 PM
As to the queue...well, I think they might have fixed the known display bug where the number kept cycling without representing actual position. I went from 2000 to 3000 to 10361 last night...then it was down to 3000, then 10361 again...but I got in, only took like 10-15 minutes.

As to class names? It's similar to the 4E build options. You might not just be a rogue in 4E, but a Brutal Scoundrel Rogue, which affects what abilities you have. Control Wizard, Great Weapon Fighter, Guardian Fighter, Trickster Rogue, and Divine Cleric. This leaves open future options to add things like a melee cleric.

That said...I dislike the outfit appearance. GW2 did things nicely with options (had both practical and non), but in terms of normal gear, up to 30, Neverwinter doesn't have much in the way of choices for alternate gear looks. And as female armor gets stronger, more pieces come off.

TedEBearNC
2013-05-01, 04:47 PM
Do they allow repeated of names? I got both Professor Chaos (halfling Guard) and Doctor Chaos (Dwarf Cleric), which I was pumped about.

Just like CO and, I'm assuming, STO multiple people can have the same character name. This is because your PW ID is actually part of the name. So if you PW ID is Hullabaloo then it would actually be Doctor Chaos@Hullabaloo. That's the name you use when you whisper someone and how the game tracks you. In-game only the character name shows, except for chat (where it can be hidden, I believe), your friends list, or if you right-click on a name or portrait.

CyberThread
2013-05-02, 05:30 PM
From the folks am hearing from, on a more forgotten realms focused forum.

They hate it, but they are playing it because they are addicted to it, and they don't know why.

Eldan
2013-05-02, 06:11 PM
I'll ask the same question I ask for every MMO:

What kind of a lasting impact can a player have on the world? Any at all? Because in most MMOs I've tried, you can't, which makes them boring.

Mando Knight
2013-05-02, 08:03 PM
I'll ask the same question I ask for every MMO:

What kind of a lasting impact can a player have on the world? Any at all? Because in most MMOs I've tried, you can't, which makes them boring.

Most MMOs don't because writing strong procedural content to automatically adapt to each single player among thousands is nearly impossible. Bonus quests and whatnot for achieving a particular goal, guild/player housing, and such are all possible, though I don't know how many of these are implemented in Neverwinter.

Part of what Neverwinter is hinging on is the Foundry, which allows players to generate their own quests.

Eldan
2013-05-02, 08:13 PM
Eh. I don't even really mean that way. But I played MUDs for years. I've been elected Senator by my fellow players, I've been a general in a major war that destroyed a nation and removed an entire class from the playable list of the game, I've been in poetry contests and founded a family.

My problem is this. What is the point of being in a game with hundreds thousands of players if the game isn't doing anything with that. Most MMOs I've tried use the playerbase as a pool to select your between one and five party members from, nothing else. For that, I could just use a server with a player list and a chat tool, the MMO component is unnecessary.

If a game is an MMO, it should use that. Give the players tools to interact on a massive scale.

EVE does it. I haven't seen another modern MMO that does.

huttj509
2013-05-02, 08:58 PM
Eh. I don't even really mean that way. But I played MUDs for years. I've been elected Senator by my fellow players, I've been a general in a major war that destroyed a nation and removed an entire class from the playable list of the game, I've been in poetry contests and founded a family.

My problem is this. What is the point of being in a game with hundreds thousands of players if the game isn't doing anything with that. Most MMOs I've tried use the playerbase as a pool to select your between one and five party members from, nothing else. For that, I could just use a server with a player list and a chat tool, the MMO component is unnecessary.

If a game is an MMO, it should use that. Give the players tools to interact on a massive scale.

EVE does it. I haven't seen another modern MMO that does.

EVE is kinda a fluke. Generally, when games try to assume the playerbase will bring the plot and goals, it doesn't work well. At best it flutters along for a few months and dies. EVE, however, took off wonderfully.

What did they do that others didn't? A lot of people are trying to figure that out, because nobody really knows.

Given that it's viewed as so risky and difficult to manage, most games don't try. I mean, if it's the game you want to make, and you're able to take the risk, go for it, but if it's not the base game design you want, it's kinda silly to try to fit it in (the upcoming new Ultima Online game will have in game housing and such, might be a good base for that sort of thing. And Gariott even coined the term MMORPG to describe UO).

Someone starting EVE now is joining a very different game than someone who started when it did. Sometimes you want players to get similar experiences.

Personally, I want loads of sandbox MMOs out there for people who like that. I also want loads of theme park MMOs for people who like that. I want loads of single player experiences for people who like that. If X comes out, evaluate it as X, don't complain because it's not Y (unless it's touted as being Y, which AFAIK Neverwinter never was).

huttj509
2013-05-02, 09:05 PM
BTW, if people have mechanics questions and such, feel free to ask. I was in the alpha, seen a lot of changes over the last few months, and I've STILL asked a lot of stupid questions the past couple days (generally of my brother, who had asked similar stupid questions, but a day sooner so he became the sage advice-giver).

Main FAQ I can think of?

Founder pack stuff is mailed after the Rags to Riches quest, or obtained from the Founder vendor by the Rags to Riches reward chest.

Postal Courier (where you pick up mailed items) is between the Bazaar and the Trading Post, on the West side of the central area.

Rogues get stealth at level 10.

Companions are given by a quest at level 15-16.

Mounts are obtained from a quest at level 20.

Professions are active at level 10...hit N. Profession vendor is in the bazaar.

And that covers about half of zone chat in the main hub at any given time.

Psyren
2013-05-02, 10:42 PM
It's out? Yay!

...It's an MMO? Ugh.

psilontech
2013-05-02, 11:44 PM
After a cursory glance at the title and the intro video on the main page...

The following terms were used: Trickster Rogue, Control Wizard
>4e
nope.jpg

Mando Knight
2013-05-03, 12:06 AM
>4e
nope.jpg
You think that WotC would greenlight development of a new 3.5 based Neverwinter after 2008?

Psyren
2013-05-03, 12:47 AM
I'm fine with it being 4e - 4e's design always seemed to me that a CRPG was a really good fit. Especially a party-based one, what with its tank/dps/healer defender/striker/leader roles. Automating the combat would help with the pacing issues 4e has immensely, with things like combat advantage, skill challenges and bloodied status being handled on the fly.

But I was hoping for another NWN-style single-player RPG with MP modes, not a full-blown MMO. Silly me I guess...

I'll give this a shot all the same.

WitchSlayer
2013-05-03, 03:43 AM
Let me just tell you this. The cleric? It's amazing. First off you throw holy javelins like Zeus but that's not the best part.

Your dodge move?

It's the Holy Electric Slide.

IT'S THE HOLY ELECTRIC SLIDE.

YOU WILL NEVER GET TIRED OF DOING IT.

Sith_Happens
2013-05-03, 03:47 AM
And as female armor gets stronger, more pieces come off.

Huh, I didn't realize they updated Gloryborn armor to 4e.:smalltongue:

But I was hoping for another NWN-style single-player RPG with MP modes, not a full-blown MMO. Silly me I guess...

IIRC, the game was originally going to use super-heavy instancing like in GW1, but they switched to shared zones after Perfect World bought them and gave them more development time.

Maxymiuk
2013-05-03, 04:31 AM
I played it for several hours yesterday.

Today, I find I have no desire to log back in again.

Apologies to anyone who likes the game, but I can't help to disfavorably compare it to GW2 -- and small wander, since it attempted to copy so much from the latter, only to implement it poorly.

Small selection of attacks and special skills tied to your class/weapon? Check. Except that while in GW you could switch between a number of weapons and utility skills, here your character only ever gets to use one weapon and a predetermined number of skills (yeah, yeah, paragon paths, how many levels do you have to earn before you can actually unlock them again?), severly limiting your tactical and gamestyle options. Probably my single biggest complaint -- I could maybe overlook all the other faults if this one didn't make the entire game so unbearably dull.

Dodge mechanic coupled with AoE or heavily telegraphed enemy attacks? Check. No real major complaint here, other than the general stiffness of animation that plagues all of Neverwinter's combat and that there is a visible delay between the Guardian Warrior's block animation and the game actually registering it as a block.

Renown and Event system that gets rid of quest NPC's and the pointless drudgery of walking back and fo- haha, nope! It's quest givers as far as the eye can see. If there was anything the game should've borrowed from GW2, it's this.

I could go on, but the point is that I find the game dull and uninteresting. I know it's "only" a beta and for all I know things may improve later on, but I doubt whether I'll be coming back to it, seeing as my problems lie with the core mechanics that are unlikely to change.

Final rating: 5/10. Strictly mediocre and not very interesting MMO, whose only claim to originality is borrowing mechanics from GW2 rather than WoW.

Eldan
2013-05-03, 05:29 AM
So, any interesting pieces of Lore to explore, then? What are your options out of combat?

Psyren
2013-05-03, 05:42 AM
Let me just tell you this. The cleric? It's amazing. First off you throw holy javelins like Zeus but that's not the best part.

Your dodge move?

It's the Holy Electric Slide.

IT'S THE HOLY ELECTRIC SLIDE.

YOU WILL NEVER GET TIRED OF DOING IT.

Do you mean the mini-beamdash thing? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNAdHSHy8hE#t=3m48s)

I like it but I wouldn't go crazy over it :smalltongue:

Corlindale
2013-05-03, 05:54 AM
Tried it out this morning, with a control wizard.

I really like the fast-paced, diablo-ish feel of combat. It's quite a nice change from the more slow-paced MMOs.
The at-will, encounter and daily power system also seems like a good fit for an MMO - I enjoy that you have to think about when to unleash your daily, and the fact that daily powers (because of this system) can be so blatantly overpowered compared to everything else.

I'm a little worried that the seemingly rather limited number of different abilities could make the game boring after a while, but I haven't played long enough to really make a judgment. ON the plus side my wizard powers already seem to have some interesting interactions with eachother, though not to the extent that GW 2 offered even very early in the game.

GungHo
2013-05-03, 07:59 AM
From what I've heard from the STO devs talking about Neverwinter (same company, same building... some of the STO devs even tweeted about the Neverwinter mimic-cake (https://twitter.com/CaptainGeko/status/327482357072412673/photo/1)), apparently WotC is even stricter about what can go into Neverwinter than CBS is about STO.

Hasbro, and by extension WotC, are control freaks over their licensed materials. CBS wants a check.

Badgerish
2013-05-03, 08:42 AM
I got in the last closed beta weekend and was disappointed. I have tried to update the client for open beta to see if anything has changed, but it didn't work. I'll try again though.

I'm a big 4ed fan, it's my fav. version of D&D and I was always surprised that it didn't get a "Baldur's Gate" or "Neverwinter Nights" computer game; the combat are robust, they wouldn't need to limit/remove the same number of game-breaking abilities as 3rd (flight, charm etc) and while the skill-challenge system requires plenty of "yes, and..." or "yes, but..." from the GM, it's standardised enough to write lots of options for.

So when Neverwinter got announced, I was interested! Unfortunately so little of 4ed has been used in Neverwinter, pretty much just names and class-types.

But everything is so locked down: If you are Guardian Fighter you use Plate armour, Longsword and Shield, that's it. Find some nice Scale armour and want to use it? Nope, that's for great-weapon fighters. No ranged weapon, no melee-weapon choices. :(

Not sure how to assign a line between an RPG and a Diablo-clone, but IMHO, Neverwinter is totally a Diablo-clone with a multiplayer lobby.

I'm sticking with Guild Wars2, I feel like my choices (tactical, strategic and personal) are much more relevant there.

fake edit: best voice acting thus far "I've got a gruuuuesome task for you!"

huttj509
2013-05-03, 12:33 PM

Phylactery quest in Neverdeath wins.

NeoVid
2013-05-03, 05:13 PM
Honestly, I've just been wondering why there's a second D&D MMO at all. D&D competing with itself seems like a bad idea.

Sith_Happens
2013-05-03, 07:51 PM

"You need to shut down ALL the beacons!"

...Wait, wrong Cryptic game.:smalltongue:

CyberThread
2013-05-03, 09:51 PM
Well I just got done with my first instance,

slay all the monsters type, defend the city from a chosen of ghaundaur, lots of undead, and big brutes. Most the folk in my party never got much need for healing * I was the healer * was a random pug .

So my impressions, was nice to fight with others. No one chatted, but then again no one played stupid. I was a cleric, and the zombie horde was about... 10 or so mins with short wait times, I think were meant for regrouping, small time healing and the like.

It did exposure me to the mechanics a lil better for a cleric. Neverwinter, does not have mana as a mechanic, only cooldowns and counter points.

In this fight I had a healing/damage burst, which works nice for a horde, and a strong ray attack for single targets, when am not spamming my zeus spear for auto attacking. A new mechanic for this though ((I had just leveled up before the fight)) was my heals, which heals my target and myself, over time. I can spam to a max of three times, and I get new" points " to spend every 20 seconds. Meaning I can do light healing to keep someone up, or press the button multiple times and spread the love, but then have nothing to spend until the timer goes up and I get more tokens.

It was a nice change of pace, and just short enough to enjoy , with the lore on the quest actually kind of being awesome, as I never really hear about Ghaundaur that much.

Voice acting in this , I think will be a endearing draw, I like that it is horrible and memorable, with both groans and laughs, instead of being average and just a shrug.

Aron Times
2013-05-04, 11:09 PM
Hello, I'm currently playing as Victor Gardener@arontimes, a dwarf control wizard on the Dragon shard. I'm currently level 19, and I was thinking of perhaps forming a guild for GitP members. Maybe we can call ourselves the Order of the Stick, the Linear Guild, or some other GitP-related name.

The purpose of this guild would be to have someone to play and RP with, as well as participate in events that grant cool rewards.

Anyone interested?

huttj509
2013-05-04, 11:22 PM
Hello, I'm currently playing as Victor Gardener@arontimes, a dwarf control wizard on the Dragon shard. I'm currently level 19, and I was thinking of perhaps forming a guild for GitP members. Maybe we can call ourselves the Order of the Stick, the Linear Guild, or some other GitP-related name.

The purpose of this guild would be to have someone to play and RP with, as well as participate in events that grant cool rewards.

Anyone interested?

I'd be game. @huttj on Dragon. I'm up to level 40 at present.

The New Bruceski
2013-05-05, 03:36 AM
A tip for Clerics. When you get Forgemaster's Flame (level 30 I think) USE IT. When you burn a charge of Divinity it heals nearby allies and it is a relatively HUGE heal, about 600 a tick when Sunburst heals for 400.

Emmerask
2013-05-06, 12:39 PM
Its a good game, the characters handling is very good, its relatively bug free (one of the best mmo starts to be sure), the fights are fun and all classes seem to be nicely done. Oh and the player created content (and editor) are extremely good!

The downsides would be that there is nothing mind blowing to be found and that character development lagz a bit of depth and variety (just a tad bit imo).

Overall its good and its free :smallsmile:

Mando Knight
2013-05-06, 05:39 PM
And as female armor gets stronger, more pieces come off.

Not true for heavy armor, I've found, which gets more pieces as it gets stronger.

Oddly, the shirt and pants slots are the most easily discarded at mid levels (before you can find any Uncommon or better versions)... when the shirt is giving you +0.1% damage resistance, it's not really worth paying attention to.

Badgerish
2013-05-07, 07:30 AM
My interest in this game perplexes me. I've got plenty of complaints about the game and the company's practices with AD and Zen... but it's pressing my 'minor addiction' button pretty hard.

I guess I'll be here until I run out of content or they nerf ZOMG-Rogues!.

Got a Guardian Fighter as my second character, which is nice for soloing, but I'm unsure of how to improve in groups; I'm (almost) unkillable but can only hold aggro for a little while.

Mando Knight
2013-05-07, 10:26 AM
This (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?176972-Rokuthy-s-Hybrid-Tanking-Build-%28GF%29-for-End-Game-PvE-%28and-PvP%29-content) looks like a useful build for that. Important notes (from experience as tank in other Cryptic games):

DPS = Threat. If your buddies are hitting weak points for massive damage, the enemies will ignore your steel-plated rear to smash them instead. Increase your DPS as much as possible to reduce the threat disparity.
Threat = Threat. If something says "generates threat" or "increases threat generated" on your power or feat list, get it. A 5% threat increase means that you generate as much threat with 1000 damage as a Rogue does with 1050. The savvy ally will find ways to reduce their generated threat as well, to help you close the gap (the Rogue would rather that you with your huge damage reduction and massive HP pool would take all the hits instead of her in her skimpy leather outfit and 12 Con).
AoE = Threat. Some threat is generated by just being in combat, so if your buddies are getting attacked by something they're not attacking, a quick AoE attack will usually draw the enemies back to you.

huttj509
2013-05-07, 02:48 PM
What I've found with Guardian Warriors is that once they get the abilities, they can hold a boss or big guy REALLY well. They can hold a group of guys...somewhat.

The main times guys come off the GW is in a group situation where a number of them trot over to the Cleric, or a number of them trot over to the Wizard.

As a control wizard, I tend to pick a big guy and lock him down so he doesn't eat the Cleric. As a control Wizard, if I time stuff right, I can keep a guy locked down about 80% of the time...he occasionally gets an attack off, but no biggie. I also do a lot of AoE damage, pulling guys together for more AOE (favoriute sight? Big melee running to the cleric and not moving as he gets pulled backwards into the black hole I dropped), and mowing down the small guys so we just have the larger ones to worry about. Tank generally picks up 1-2, and the dps controls/finishes off what's left.

For boss fights, I find it most useful if the tank stays on the boss, rather than trying to pick up all the adds (By all means throw out an aoe taunt from time to time, but don't worry bout em), the DPS should be rounding them up andf killing them when they show up (rogues tend to get greedy and don't switch targets, since their single target dps is awesome...this is how I end up kiting 4 guys around the map, unable to control them well because I can't afford to sit still...and it happens more often to the clerics).

Aron Times
2013-05-09, 02:07 AM
I just discovered that there are class and race quests. With my dwarf control wizard, I got a quest to help the local dwarves kill orcs, and I also got a quest to recover pre-Spellplague magic. With my drow guardian fighter, I got a quest to help Braegan D'aerthe or however you spell Jarlaxle's group. It involved ganking a spy working for a Menzoberrenzan house. He also got a quest which involved checking battlefield fortifications and reinforcing them.
There are also some really nice story-driven Foundry quests and even campaigns. It is entirely possible to reach level 60 by playing only Foundry missions and campaigns.

Also, once you reach level 10, you gain access to professions. This is Neverwinter's crafting system, and it involves hiring assets to work for you. For example, my dwarf mage has Leadership and Tailoring. Leadership let's you run what is essentially an adventurer's guild, and you can assign your minions to perform a wide variety of tasks, including martial training, participating in a tournament, working for a local merchant, etc. After assigning a task and letting it run in the background, you get a reward of either character XP, profession XP, treasure, or money in the form of coin or astral diamonds. Higher-level tasks provide better rewards, but take much longer to finish.

It is possible to reach the max level by simply managing your professions, but it is a slow path.

My drow, on the other hand, focused on platesmithing. He has a single asset who gathers resources and crafts armor for him. Oh, and my dwarf also has assets in tailoring. It gives him access to clothing, that is, armor for control wizards.

The fun part is that you can manage your professions through the Neverwinter Gateway, which is handy for keeping your assets busy without having to log into the actual game.

huttj509
2013-05-09, 03:44 AM
The fun part is that you can manage your professions through the Neverwinter Gateway, which is handy for keeping your assets busy without having to log into the actual game.

The annoying part is "I need to make HOW many pants to hit crafting level 13?"

Freaking expanding exp curve grumble...sorry, started slow and been desperately trying to be able to make things for my level...the good news is that in 8 levels I'll stop outpacing my Tailoring growth, since I'll be 60.

Mando Knight
2013-05-09, 08:55 AM
The annoying part is "I need to make HOW many pants to hit crafting level 13?"

Pants, and magic pants... though the main armor slot (i.e. robes for tailoring) is probably better for XP (uses more resources, but gives you more XP per unit of resource spent).

Aron Times
2013-05-09, 04:14 PM
Alright, I've done some digging around, and I've figured out how the Profession system works.

Leatherworking lets you craft trickster rogue armor, Mailsmithing lets you craft devoted cleric and great weapon fighter armor, Platesmithing lets you craft guardian fighter armor and shields, and Tailoring lets you craft control wizard armor. Most tasks provide profession XP, and they take around 10 to 30 minutes to complete.

Leadership is unique in that it doesn't craft specific items but instead gives you character XP in addition to profession XP, as well as coin, astral diamonds, and treasure. Only Leadership grants these rewards; the other Professions only let you craft specific items. The main downside of Leadership is that its tasks take hours to complete compared to the half hour or so for the other Professions.

Apparently, there are titles you can earn for reaching specific Profession levels. I currently have Leadership at level 5, and I earned the Sergeant title by reaching it.

Mando Knight
2013-05-09, 04:25 PM
Leadership is unique in that it doesn't craft specific items but instead gives you character XP in addition to profession XP, as well as coin, astral diamonds, and treasure. Only Leadership grants these rewards; the other Professions only let you craft specific items. The main downside of Leadership is that its tasks take hours to complete compared to the half hour or so for the other Professions.
It also doesn't cost many materials to run its tasks, so you can repeat them easily, even while not logged in and ready to run over to the professions vendor. (Profession tasks are one of the things you can manage at the Gateway (https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/#/characterselect))

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-10, 03:54 AM
I haven't played very far yet (just level 9), but so far I'm really liking my Tiefling Rogue. He doesn't even have Stealth yet, but playing him still makes me feel like a badass ninja: teleport behind an unwitting enemy and stab him in the back, teleport into the air and strike two enemies from above, dazing them for a while, dash around the battlefield wildly hacking at the helpless enemies and finish off with a spinning blade strike that makes a huge spectral sword appear out of nowhere. The graphics are very nice and I like the feel of the gameplay... perhaps my favorite little detail is the evil laugh my character makes when activating his Daily Power.

We'll see how it progresses as I get further: the small amount of powers worried me at first but so far I'm more than content with my limited yet cool arsenal.

Badgerish
2013-05-10, 05:26 AM
random tips:

How to transfer AD to another character on the same account:
go to the "Zen Exchange" (third button from left on the top-bar), and pay AD to make a bid for Zen.
Swap characters, go back to the "Zen Exchange" and cancel the bid.

How to transfer gold to another character on the same account:
You can't do this, apart from via a trusted 3rd party. You can post items to yourself though, so buy things your other char wants and post them. (use "@accountname" to post things to yourself)

Important levels:
10th - special class feature (stealth, attacking while guarding, etc)
11th - Invoke ability at campfires/altars
16th - easy quest to get a free companion
20th - ability to use a mount, easy quest to get 3x 6-hour horse-tokens, socketed items start to drop

If you can, merge runestones before selling them.

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-10, 05:33 AM
What exactly are AD and Zen? AFAIK, they're the game's "freemium" system, but that's just about it. What's the difference between them and what can you get with them? Not like I'd actually buy them, but just so I know what I'm missing out on :smalltongue:

How does the Foundry system work? Is it free to use, does it have a level requirement etc. Because my whole IRL party is playing this game and it might be fun to run some sort of one-shot campaign :smallbiggrin:

Sorry for somewhat silly questions, but at this point I've found it a little hard to get coherent, up-to-date information about the game.

Norin
2013-05-10, 06:48 AM
This looks fun. I'm not really into mmorpg's at all but i tested this last night a bit as a tiefling control wiz. The rl group i play D&D with are playing too so i figured id give it a shot.

Ill make a rogue i think and play a few hours today too. Rogues look fun in this game. :smallbiggrin:

So far i like what i see, but i have yet to even complete the tutorial, and i have no real experience in mmo's so i can not benchmark it. :smalltongue:

Mando Knight
2013-05-10, 10:06 AM
What exactly are AD and Zen? AFAIK, they're the game's "freemium" system, but that's just about it. What's the difference between them and what can you get with them? Not like I'd actually buy them, but just so I know what I'm missing out on :smalltongue:
Zen (https://billing.perfectworld.com/whatiszen) is Perfect World's cash shop currency, currently purchased at a rate of 1 USD = 100 Zen (or 1 Zen is 1 US cent)... though I'm not sure what the conversion rate is for Euros to Zen, since I don't live in Europe. They are used mostly to purchase cosmetic and primarily-cosmetic premium items (such as special mounts and companions that have the training upgrades), as well as lockbox keys (though fortunately, lockboxes were recently updated to allow you to trash them or sell them for a couple copper, in case you don't want to try opening them).

Astral Diamonds (AD) are an in-game currency that's awarded for playing most repeatable content (Foundry missions, skirmishes, dungeon delves, etc.) and is used to buy almost everything that's available in-game, including mount and companion upgrades, stuff in the auction house, respecs, more identify scrolls, and even recovering a socketed enhancement on an item (you can't simply sacrifice the old enhancement to put a new one in, either, you need to recover it...). You can also trade between Zen and AD using the player-run exchange, but don't think it will replace your day job: a day's worth of refined AD will usually net you around 60 Zen. If you have a lot of really good items that you don't need and aren't bound, though, you might be able to make a couple bucks...

...And yes, some of the costs may be truly ridiculous. Perfect World seems to think that "micro" transactions are anything up to and including $50.

How does the Foundry system work? Is it free to use, does it have a level requirement etc. Because my whole IRL party is playing this game and it might be fun to run some sort of one-shot campaign :smallbiggrin:
It's free, and you'll even receive an e-mail notification about it as you level.

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-11, 01:10 PM
So, anyone on the Beholder shard?

I and my friends have put together a party of five, each player a different class and race. We were delighted to find out that you can keep all the stat boosts from your armor while running around half-naked in "Fashion Mode" or whatever you call it. We staged quite a hot dance party in the middle of Protector's Enclave :smallbiggrin:

I managed to get a dog, which I named Mephisto since I thought it fit my tiefling. Does anyone have any idea how many levels it will take for the dog to grow?

The extremely limited number of powers you can have available at once is starting to show, though. I got the neat power that has you leap away and place an aggro-drawing decoy, and I'd really like to use it, but to do so would be to ruin my holy trinity of "mobility, crowd control and damage". I assume one never gets any new Encounter slots beyond the first three? I don't really have a problem with the number of Daily powers, though: I have that awesome evil-laugh-teleport-spam for crowds and a perma-stealth damage boost (aka "Ninja Mode") for bosses. Having only two "class features" (passive abilities) available at once seems really unnecessary (after all, you're spending points you could use on actual powers) looks like it might be annoying at some point, but isn't really a problem quite yet.

Sorry for using weird explanations instead of actual names, I'm away-from-game right now and I though some people might read this thread in order to learn about the game before playing.

Mando Knight
2013-05-11, 01:48 PM
I managed to get a dog, which I named Mephisto since I thought it fit my tiefling. Does anyone have any idea how many levels it will take for the dog to grow?Companions gain XP as you do, but need to be sent off for training to benefit from the levels gained. There are some UI indicators for when you need to send them off. (there's an audio cue, the companion's XP bar empties, and when you view them on your companion list there's a button that says "Needs training." Click on that to send them off to train) There will be (but currently are not) companion training manuals to lift their level cap (which, trust me, will start to get annoying around level 30), and special/rare companions (such as the phoenix from the lockbox) should have a higher native level cap.

The extremely limited number of powers you can have available at once is starting to show, though. I got the neat power that has you leap away and place an aggro-drawing decoy, and I'd really like to use it, but to do so would be to ruin my holy trinity of "mobility, crowd control and damage". I assume one never gets any new Encounter slots beyond the first three? I don't really have a problem with the number of Daily powers, though: I have that awesome evil-laugh-teleport-spam for crowds and a perma-stealth damage boost (aka "Ninja Mode") for bosses. Having only two "class features" (passive abilities) available at once seems really unnecessary (after all, you're spending points you could use on actual powers) looks like it might be annoying at some point, but isn't really a problem quite yet.
The limited number of active powers and passives is to prevent the high-level piano-playing that most MMOs are prone to, since they want you to be more mobile, and choose your set of active abilities to match your current situation. (STO is a particularly bad offender of MMO-piano-mode... most top-tier ships have 12 bridge officer powers, 6 player powers that you'd expect to use, 2-4 devices, set bonus powers, two "panic" powers that no one really uses anyway and one panic power that's really cool when it works but has a 15 minute cooldown... and then Carriers add in pets that you'll need to boss around and frequently redeploy to keep at maximum effectiveness...)

Norin
2013-05-11, 02:04 PM
So... did it just crash now? Was doing a nice little skirmish and it all just started lagging and i could not interact with anything any more and all my friends disconnected. Not able to get back on.

Does this happen alot?

huttj509
2013-05-11, 03:41 PM
They've had some issues today. In my experience it's not been a common occurrence.

Mando Knight
2013-05-11, 03:52 PM
Cryptic's server hamsters have gotten tired from trying to keep three MMOs running, especially with both Neverwinter and STO's Legacy of Romulus expansion being in Open Beta at the same time...

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-12, 02:38 PM
Companions gain XP as you do, but need to be sent off for training to benefit from the levels gained. There are some UI indicators for when you need to send them off. (there's an audio cue, the companion's XP bar empties, and when you view them on your companion list there's a button that says "Needs training." Click on that to send them off to train) There will be (but currently are not) companion training manuals to lift their level cap (which, trust me, will start to get annoying around level 30), and special/rare companions (such as the phoenix from the lockbox) should have a higher native level cap.

I think my question was a little unclearly phrased. I know how companion training works; what I meant was the physical changes they undergo, or the dog at least. In the companion menu it has different skins listed, like "Puppy, Juvenile Dog, Adult Dog" etc. and apparently unlocks them as it gains ranks. I meant to ask about at which levels they are unlocked.

huttj509
2013-05-12, 08:24 PM
I think my question was a little unclearly phrased. I know how companion training works; what I meant was the physical changes they undergo, or the dog at least. In the companion menu it has different skins listed, like "Puppy, Juvenile Dog, Adult Dog" etc. and apparently unlocks them as it gains ranks. I meant to ask about at which levels they are unlocked.

0 10 20 30

Zen Master
2013-05-14, 08:56 AM
So I'm ... Lysandra, maybe?! On Mindflayer shard .... maybe?! I really should check, but by the look of it, no one plays on the same server anyways. Heh =)

I feel like I wanna make a bar brawl adventure if I ever start using the foundry. That'd be fun, I think.

Oh, and I just ran the Cloak Tower. Seemed ... fairly easy. I did take an incredible amount of aggro, but that could be because I've no clue how to manage my threat =D

Norin
2013-05-14, 02:02 PM
I'm @Ishrahl on the dragon shard. Playing either my wiz or rogue trying to learn this whole mmorpg... thingy. :smallwink:

Kesnit
2013-05-14, 08:56 PM
I've got a Rogue (Darron), a Wizard (Ravenborne), and a GF (Morrigan) on Beholder. The Rogue is the highest level, and he's only 13.

I really think I will need to level the Wizard through PvP and Skirmishes. Trying to solo with him is a pain. I can take on 2, sometimes 3 minor enemies at a time. But once a tougher enemy comes along, I start getting squished. The Daily is great - when I can activate it.

The Rogue is fun. I haven't played enough of the GF to make a decision. (She only just got to Neverwinter. Haven't even gone after the Crown yet.)

Ashen Lilies
2013-05-14, 09:18 PM
I find the Wizard is awesome at soloing. It's all about kiting with your blink and controlling enemies with your freezes and stuns. You should be untouchable.

I have a level 21 Control Wizard (Lanthil Blackthorne) and a level 11 Guardian/Shield dude (Sir Percival Grey). Both on Dragon.

Kesnit
2013-05-15, 05:02 AM
I find the Wizard is awesome at soloing. It's all about kiting with your blink and controlling enemies with your freezes and stuns.

I can kite at the beginning of a battle, but don't have enough Stamina to keep it up all the way through. The freeze takes so long and is only single target. I can freeze one, but 2 more will come and start hitting me. Same with the power that lifts an enemy in the air; almost as soon as they are up, they are back down.

Zen Master
2013-05-15, 06:05 AM
So does anyone have a feeling for the various gear values yet?

Crit chance
Power
Defense
Deflection
Armor pen
And so on
And so on

How do they work, how do they interact, how should you prioritize?!

Mando Knight
2013-05-15, 06:05 PM
I don't know the exact numbers (and I have a strong suspicion that several of these scale inversely to your level, so you need more to get the same percentile effect), but here's a basic chart:
{table=head]Score|Score type|Stat
Power|Offense|Damage/Healing
Critical Strike|Offense|Critical Hit chance
Life Steal|Defense|Life Steal
Defense|Defense|Damage Reduction
Armor Class|Defense|Damage Reduction
Armor Penetration|Offense|Enemy DR ignored
Regeneration|Defense|Passive heal over time
Recovery|Offense|Power refresh speed
Movement|Utility|Movement Speed
Deflection|Defense|Deflection chance[/table]
Life Steal returns a small percentage of your damage dealt as healing for you, and Recovery speeds up how quickly both Encounter powers refresh and Action Points are gained (the latter being the effective refresh rate on Dailies).

...Also, one of your mid/late Paragon contacts is a Halfling sky pirate.

Reynard
2013-05-15, 10:28 PM
Got a level 36 Rogue and a level 8-ish GWF on Behold shard, and the Rogue is running out of Soloing power.

The clone power is amazingly helpful, especially now that either of my companions are able to take enough of a beating from even common mobs for me to kill them quick enough to save my ally. The tricky thing is deciding if I use it to prolong my stealth time or to avert the beatdown my companion gets.

Current Power-array thing has been Dazing Strike, GIANT KNIFE, and Clone for a long time, with my Dailies being the Power boosting AoE thing and either the one you start with, or the SuperStealth one. I had been looking forward to Gloaming Strike, but so far it's been utterly disappointing. So disappointing that I actually remember it's name.

Anyway, even in my 36 levels of play, I still have a couple of questions:

Is it possible to buy cosmetics with Gold? Like all FtP MMOs, Gold doesn't seem to have a purpose beyond buying the worst possible mount*, so I've built up about 10 full Gold coins, with some change.
*and additional Companions, but's that's Neverwinter specific.

Is it worth caring about Seals? In the time it took me to build up enough to actually buy anything, I'd out leveled even the best items in the Lion shop.

huttj509
2013-05-15, 11:55 PM
Got a level 36 Rogue and a level 8-ish GWF on Behold shard, and the Rogue is running out of Soloing power.

The clone power is amazingly helpful, especially now that either of my companions are able to take enough of a beating from even common mobs for me to kill them quick enough to save my ally. The tricky thing is deciding if I use it to prolong my stealth time or to avert the beatdown my companion gets.

Current Power-array thing has been Dazing Strike, GIANT KNIFE, and Clone for a long time, with my Dailies being the Power boosting AoE thing and either the one you start with, or the SuperStealth one. I had been looking forward to Gloaming Strike, but so far it's been utterly disappointing. So disappointing that I actually remember it's name.

Is it possible to buy cosmetics with Gold? Like all FtP MMOs, Gold doesn't seem to have a purpose beyond buying the worst possible mount*, so I've built up about 10 full Gold coins, with some change.

Is it worth caring about Seals? In the time it took me to build up enough to actually buy anything, I'd out leveled even the best items in the Lion shop.

At 60 your gold will disappear. Potions and injury kits nom a lot of gold at a time.

Other than that? Yeah, not really useful.

Seals? Really only useful if you're dungeon-grinding.

Mando Knight
2013-05-16, 12:29 AM
Gold is also useful for some Professions resources, though that's usually only relevant if you want to try to get shirts and pants that will actually mean more than a hundredth of a percent of one of your stats by endgame.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-16, 11:37 AM

Solid choices. At 50, Shocking Execution and Smoke bomb make an appearance, and are both great. I use Smoke instead of Decoy most of the time(combine with Arcane Singularity for TONS OF CC), and Shocking Execution instead of the spin for bosses (does better damage when they're below about 20%, on the order of 50k crits). I strongly recommend Duelist's Flurry/Cloud of Steel, even with the slower startup animation, Flurry is surprisingly usable most of the time. On heavies, GIANT SWORD, Wicked Reminder, or Shadow Strike (super bad damage, don't put more than a point in, really) are all good. For trash, Blitz is great (and doubles as a dodge) and Path of the Blade is kind of a hybrid (wrecks single mobs, okay against groups, long CD and cast time though). Dazing Strike is almost always a good idea.

Gold is good for potions and kits. People at 60 need potions and kits, so are willing to pay for gold. You can often trade gold for keys, which can be traded for AD or used (usually ~30g/key, gets as low as 20 sometimes). Glory is also quite valuable, incidentally.

All seals below Unicorn/Drake are pretty much trash. If you ran a lot of dungeons, you might get something okay for your level (otherwise, you don't get enough), but higher level greens rapidly outpace them. Unicorn and drake get you T1/T2 pieces with no set bonuses, weapons, belts, necklaces, and rings (and a companion). I got my weapons with Glory, since it was fastest, and am now working on getting better armor (pref Swashbuckler's T2). Probably replace a ring or two with Unicorn Seals or whatever, aim for set bonuses in armor.

Remember to combine your enchantments, and when going for T7 (maybe t6), get the safety wards. For lategame special enchants, always use Coalescent Wards, because shards are too damn expensive.

Also I'm probably going to need to respec and take some points out of Speed Swindle. Great for PvP, but Deadly Momentum is also really goood. Oh well. Not enough of a difference to really matter.

Also, lategame professions are actually a huge deal. You can get shirt and pants with RUNE SLOTS (but you need Mithril tools). And I think they're offense. That's potentially 380 power, crit, arpen.

Togath
2013-05-19, 01:16 AM
Is there a way to use an mmo style action bar, with a normal cursor instead of the weird mouse-based setup this uses?
And did I accidentally hit some "turn on unskippable cutscenes" button?(being unable to skip them is getting frustrating)

And, before I invest to much time into the game; do mob kills ever grant xp? and does the game ever get better graphics? At this point it seems to be using a weird style for graphics(they look all fuzzy)..

It's also sort of weird that it seems to be using the Forgotten Realms pantheon from dnd, instead of the Greyhawk/Vanilla one.
edit: wait, is it set in the forgotten realms? I'd assumed greyhawk or ebberon, but just realized that might not be the case

Celesyne
2013-05-19, 02:55 AM
The city of neverwinter is from the Forgotten Realms setting. The game is firmly within Faerun.

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-19, 03:56 AM
Is there a way to use an mmo style action bar, with a normal cursor instead of the weird mouse-based setup this uses?
And did I accidentally hit some "turn on unskippable cutscenes" button?(being unable to skip them is getting frustrating)

And, before I invest to much time into the game; do mob kills ever grant xp? and does the game ever get better graphics? At this point it seems to be using a weird style for graphics(they look all fuzzy)..

It's also sort of weird that it seems to be using the Forgotten Realms pantheon from dnd, instead of the Greyhawk/Vanilla one.
edit: wait, is it set in the forgotten realms? I'd assumed greyhawk or ebberon, but just realized that might not be the case
Well, only your At-Will abilities are on the mouse anyway, and those are more like "attack + other attack" than actual special powers.
There are barely any cutscenes in the game, so that shouldn't be a problem...
You do get EXP for all mob kills.
If your graphics are fuzzy, check your settings. A small change on the Render slider can have a huge change on that specific problem.
And yes, as mentioned, this is set in the Forgotten Realms.

Morph Bark
2013-05-19, 01:29 PM
Things are going well for me on the Beholder shard so far. Beat the green dragon for the first time with four people (the Rogue DC'd and when he got back he was at the spawn point), with two Guardian Fighters, a Cleric and me being the Control Wizard. I love how easily I can oversee the whole battlefield and am a master of CC (I enjoy playing CC-heavy characters).

Name: @righteousmorph
Character: Belga Asmodai, Tiefling Control Wizard

If there's anyone else on Beholder, hit me up. I want to get a guild started, if you wish to join up for that. Tried to start one with the five people we beat the green dragon with (the Rogue was so adorable as our cheerleader), but the server went down for maintenance right at the very moment I was typing out the guild name. Got a few friends from the Playground on there on my Friends list, but not enough for starting a guild. :P

I play relatively often, but mostly casually. One of my friends is a little more hardcore and used to lead raids in WoW, but not since years. He told me the higher level dungeons apparently are a lot like such raids, just with less people. (Companions are so handy!)

Arbitrarity
2013-05-19, 04:46 PM
Lul, economy just exploded. Apparently you could bid negative amounts through the Gateway, resulting in billions of AD entering the economy. Strongly suspect the banhammer and possibly giant rollbacks are about to happen.

Curse Epic Mad Dragon. I need a hat to complete my T1 set (Master Duelist's, gives -1s CD on encounters every 4 at-will hits), and they're INCREDIBLY hard to get. Once I had that, I could just sell off pretty much every other armor piece I found, except maybe Swashbuckler's.

Mando Knight
2013-05-19, 04:58 PM
Lul, economy just exploded. Apparently you could bid negative amounts through the Gateway, resulting in billions of AD entering the economy. Strongly suspect the banhammer and possibly giant rollbacks are about to happen.

That's what the downtime is for...

Arbitrarity
2013-05-19, 05:32 PM
That's what the downtime is for...

Indeed. Just no one had posted about it yet in this thread. And server-wide rollbacks haven't actually been confirmed yet.

Mando Knight
2013-05-19, 06:29 PM
Indeed. Just no one had posted about it yet in this thread. And server-wide rollbacks haven't actually been confirmed yet.

They're "taking action" (https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/336218166248218624) but have not yet confirmed shard-wide rollbacks. A recent exploit in STO that had similar results (but completely unrelated otherwise) ended in the offenders having their Dilithium (STO's Astral Diamond-analogue currency) wiped if they weren't banned outright. Allegedly, some of the exploiters had capped their unrefined Dilithium, which would have set them up for the next year or so.

Togath
2013-05-20, 12:52 AM
after fixing the fuzzy graphics, and realizing that 4th level was probably too low to get a good idea of the game.. I think I will stay around and give it a go.. once it's up again anyway.

Also; is the foundry thingy up yet?, what's it like if it is?(I've always liked making dungeons in games[mainly modified houses back in eq2, and clockwork{well, redstone} ones in smp minecraft], even if there aren't rewards for running them)

Badgerish
2013-05-20, 04:50 AM
get any character to lvl 15 and you will get a real-email and ingame-mail about unlocking the foundry.

You can go on foundry missions after the tutorial (press 'k' then check the various tabs)

Morph Bark
2013-05-20, 05:12 AM
Some of them are crappy, but relatively easy (except for one that is impossible if you don't have knockback powers), but a lot are really great. A great number of them have a nice story to them, often epic and/or humorous.

Kaustic
2013-05-20, 09:44 AM
I'm on the Dragon Shard, and I've found for the Foundry Daily(Dailies) quest you get from Rhix, that The Hidden Blade, is relatively easy. I can finish it within 10-15 minutes.

One thing that intrigues me now, is if the Foundry quests are all three Shard wide or if they are Shard specific...

If you happen to wander over to the Dragon Shard you can find me on either "Talib Quickstar@thebotulism" my DC or "Snarling Anklebiter@thebotulism" my TR. I love having the ability to use spaces in my character names!!!

Togath
2013-05-20, 11:53 PM
servers are back up.. any tips for a good soloing class?
I've been using wizard, but at 8th(that's high, correct?, Or did they switch it from the usual dnd 20 levels to a larger number?) level I'm now starting to get worried about being too squishy

Mando Knight
2013-05-20, 11:58 PM
To fit with more "normal" MMO level scaling, they stretched out the tiers. Divide your level by 3, and that's more-or-less where you are in terms of 4e level (Paragon starts at 30, Epic at 60, but in 4e, you start Paragon and Epic at 11 and 21, respectively). You don't even have your Tab power yet, scroll down on your Power list to see how far you have to go yet.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-22, 11:41 AM
servers are back up.. any tips for a good soloing class?
I've been using wizard, but at 8th(that's high, correct?, Or did they switch it from the usual dnd 20 levels to a larger number?) level I'm now starting to get worried about being too squishy

Wizards are great solos, as are Rogues (Rogues kinda need a cleric to sustain, or they have to spend a ton on potions). Not sure about GWFs. Clerics and Guardian Fighters do too little damage to solo well, though Clerics have a pretty easy time getting parties.

As a Wizard, I recommend Chill Strike in Spell Mastery, Arcane Singularity for daily, and encounters to taste. Opening with Conduit of Ice -> Chill Strike will one-shot (in a giant AOE) level-appropriate trash mobs up to around 30 (at least), and for tougher mobs, you still have a couple of encounter powers of CC left. This makes soloing incredibly easy until things start surviving, at which point you can break out the Arcane Singularity and throw down the AOE again. Also, the warrior companion is remarkably good at getting threat off of you.

Togath
2013-05-22, 01:29 PM
Wizards are great solos, as are Rogues (Rogues kinda need a cleric to sustain, or they have to spend a ton on potions). Not sure about GWFs. Clerics and Guardian Fighters do too little damage to solo well, though Clerics have a pretty easy time getting parties.

As a Wizard, I recommend Chill Strike in Spell Mastery, Arcane Singularity for daily, and encounters to taste. Opening with Conduit of Ice -> Chill Strike will one-shot (in a giant AOE) level-appropriate trash mobs up to around 30 (at least), and for tougher mobs, you still have a couple of encounter powers of CC left. This makes soloing incredibly easy until things start surviving, at which point you can break out the Arcane Singularity and throw down the AOE again. Also, the warrior companion is remarkably good at getting threat off of you.

I may try a rogue then.
Can they disable/teleport past traps?

Norin
2013-05-22, 03:26 PM
Auto detect them (with a fail chance) and interact to disarm, yes indeed sir.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-22, 03:44 PM
I may try a rogue then.
Can they disable/teleport past traps?

Disable. They also get a hint (sparkly interact) that there is a trap. Some traps can be dodged through, ofc.
It's less useful than you might expect, but not useless.

As a rogue, your solo consists of cutting down things while in stealth, dodging, and dazing larger enemies. Against CC immune bosses, you just pop Lurker's Assault and go to town. Against trash, you hope you have a CW to group enemies up, or you pull out Blitz/Path of Blades/Smoke bomb.

Smoke bomb is SO GOOD AGH. It's a 4ish second giant AOE daze, and is really good for keeping adds out of your team's hair.

Morph Bark
2013-05-23, 04:35 AM
Smoke bomb is SO GOOD AGH. It's a 4ish second giant AOE daze, and is really good for keeping adds out of your team's hair.

That explains a lot about PvP encounters I've had. Are Rogues capable of becoming immune to CC, btw? I've fought some who apparently were.

Togath
2013-05-23, 04:41 AM
Auto detect them (with a fail chance) and interact to disarm, yes indeed sir.

I'll probably give one a go, as detecting/disarming traps sounds fun(and I always enjoyed playing artificers/rogues back in DDO)

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-23, 06:52 AM
I'll probably give one a go, as detecting/disarming traps sounds fun(and I always enjoyed playing artificers/rogues back in DDO)
It's a pretty small part of their gameplay, though... and other classes can see the traps too, they just don't have the sparkles to make it easier and they can't disarm them, but most can just be bypassed by, well, not stepping on the trigger. I have to admit though, walking in front of the party and yelling "STOP!" dramatically over microphone feels sort of cool when I get to do it.

Antonok
2013-05-23, 09:55 AM
Auction House is supposed to be coming back after this mait. Though there is another exploit which makes farming t2 pieces really easy so its going to be flooded with them.

And I'm not sure, but I THINK a new class or 2 is close to releasing. From speculation it'll be warlock and/or ranger. Heres the tweet that started it 'Who's ready for some invocation once #Neverwinter maintenance is complete?' and the pic here. (https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/337387371572101122/photo/1)

Edit: They said the new classes aren't out today, and not quite ready to be released. And mait is done =)

Kaustic
2013-05-23, 10:04 AM
This build is set to go live at 7am PDT on May 23, 2013.

Auction House
•The Auction House is once again available, both in game and via the Gateway.
•If a player outbids him or herself, or buys out an auction where he or she holds the highest bid, the auction no longer eats half of the transaction (either the returned Astral Diamonds from the "outbid" or the item from the won auction).
•Auctions no longer go into "negative time" based on the number of bids they receive.
•Some auctions with a negative value for Time Remaining may stick around until they naturally expire.

Gateway
•Error messages when logging in now display in a more visible location.
•Internet Explorer 8 once again properly handles Gateway.
•Links now display correctly on iOS.
•Number entry fields in the Auction House now properly take only positive integers.

Icespire Peak: The Frozen Heart
•Players may no longer activate the campfire after Grast without defeating him first.

Rothe Valley: Temple of the Spider
•Players may no longer sneak past the final boss' gate in Temple of the Spider via clever use of collision.
•Players may no longer lure the boss of Temple of the Spider into instant-kill areas.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-23, 10:10 AM
That explains a lot about PvP encounters I've had. Are Rogues capable of becoming immune to CC, btw? I've fought some who apparently were.

Affirmative. Impossible To Catch breaks you out of any CC and causes you to deflect all attacks (so you take 25% damage) for about 4s. If used from Stealth, it's full damage immunity (on a roughly 20s CD). This also blocks most knockbacks, knockups, etc (though certain non-CC "pushes" from dragons turning still affect you). Additionally, the last 2s of Duelist's Flurry are CC immune and track through most movement (i.e. you track up into Arcane Singularity, follow certain dashes). Impossible to Catch is very useful for boss fights with lots of AOE CC effects (MAD DRAGONNN) and fairly good in PVP, depending on what you're fighting and how (Stealth->Lashing Blade->Shocking Execution doesn't need any help to kill things)

If you get Smoke Bombed, get out of the AOE. It only works while you're standing in it. It has a fairly long (~20s) cooldown as well.

Togath
2013-05-23, 09:28 PM
It's a pretty small part of their gameplay, though... and other classes can see the traps too, they just don't have the sparkles to make it easier and they can't disarm them, but most can just be bypassed by, well, not stepping on the trigger. I have to admit though, walking in front of the party and yelling "STOP!" dramatically over microphone feels sort of cool when I get to do it.

I'll probably keep playing a wizard then(had misunderstood and thought only rogues or fighters could detect traps)

Morph Bark
2013-05-24, 01:42 AM
The best thing about playing a wizard is when you find a ledge and an enemy to knockback off it. So much love.

Antonok
2013-05-24, 10:47 AM
So I was playing around with the Foundry for the last day and finally published a small quest. Its called Investigate the Bleak Barrows if anyone wants to run it and review.

Its going to be a multiple part thing and its a pretty hard challenge. I made it for a party of 3-5. So if anyone's feeling like digging the around to find it I'd appreciate a review.

Mando Knight
2013-05-24, 11:24 AM
I'll probably keep playing a wizard then(had misunderstood and thought only rogues or fighters could detect traps)

Rogues are the only ones with the "detect and disable traps" special ability. However, anyone can spot the raised blocks or rows of retracted spikes on the floor, and in case you step on one, it should light up with a red circle to remind you afterward in case you need to double back or something.

Togath
2013-05-24, 11:33 AM
I'll stick with wizard and fighter for now then.

sort of related; how valuable are Nightmare Lock boxes?
I just found one as a mob drop and was trying to decide between taking a chance and opening it, or selling it.

Antonok
2013-05-24, 11:39 AM
sort of related; how valuable are Nightmare Lock boxes?
I just found one as a mob drop and was trying to decide between taking a chance and opening it, or selling it.

They're pretty common to find. I've got 8 of em just from dungeon runs. On Dragon shard AH they're like 30 AD buyout. If you have the zen/keys for em you can get some decent stuff luck willing.

Mando Knight
2013-05-24, 01:34 PM
The boxes themselves have minimal value. It's the keys that are valuable.

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-24, 01:41 PM
So, how are things going with that guild, Morph? I'd probably be interested in joining :smallbiggrin:
I already invited you as a friend.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-24, 02:39 PM
The boxes themselves have minimal value. It's the keys that are valuable.

Some people report that in prior PWE games, initial lockbox type eventually stops dropping, so they may be rarer sometime.

But yeah, keys. Cost ~50k on the AH, cost 45k to buy from zen store at current exchange rate, 40k if you get 10 at once. There's presently a tiny arbitrage opportunity if you have about 400-500k AD or 1125 zen.

Keys and gold are used as impromptu currency. Keys are ~50k AD, while 1 gold is ~2k AD.

I've finally hit late enough game that prices no longer cause me undue pain. Resets at 150k AD? I can do that. It hurts, but I can do it. Profession tools at 200k? Okay, I can work that (though I need a bit more capital, TBH, before I can actually break into the market: you need at least 1 Mithral tool, preferably 2, to have a shot at getting Rank 3 results. That's just under 2m AD, which would take some time to save up). Probably take me a few weeks.

Very few arbitrage opportunities in the AH: sometimes you get people who will trade things individually at VERY good rates though. I got a lesser Plague Fire enchant for 10 gold and a key, (60k). The enchant requires a Coalescent ward (~120k) and 4 shards (probably ~80k?). Also got a Greater Bag of Holding for 8 keys (buyer proceeded to get Nightmare mount on first key, lol), which is about 100k below current price. I also snapped up a rare ring that normally sells for ~120k for 40k because I happened to be looking at the AH when it was posted. Now I'm running out of gold, but have lots of AD. Will need to sell a key or something.

Finally got my Ioun Stone. Thing was expensive, and will take a bit to level, but the stats are DELICIOUS. Hnnnngh. It's 3 items and 2 slots of offensive stats, multiplied by however good a Eldritch runestone you can get. It's actually better to use your best items/enchants on the Stone, since it multiplies their effect. Doesn't add to your GS though. For 9.2k GS, I'm probably going to need runed pants/shirt, which I'll try to craft myself. Other than that, upgrading enchants, and getting better tiered items will have to do (I needs my Swashbuckler's sometime, though we'll have to see what the new item set is like).

Togath
2013-05-24, 02:55 PM
are mimics usable as enemies in foundry maps?(just reached level 15, and decided to take a look, but am having trouble adding creatures)

Mando Knight
2013-05-24, 05:16 PM
Some people report that in prior PWE games, initial lockbox type eventually stops dropping, so they may be rarer sometime.

STO does lockbox reruns occasionally (usually at the end of a lockbox's run, running up until they start a new one). Their first lockbox only recently got to be worth anything at all, but without a key to open the box, it still has no real intrinsic value.

Despite seeing "Somebody you don't care about won a Heavy Inferno Nightmare!" messages every minute or two, the drop rate for the grand prize is generally about one in every two hundred boxes, and those messages are only so frequent due to the volume of opened boxes.

Antonok
2013-05-24, 05:22 PM
are mimics usable as enemies in foundry maps?(just reached level 15, and decided to take a look, but am having trouble adding creatures)

You might be able to re-skin a single encounter monster into one, but I don't think there's a preset mimic encounter.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-25, 12:43 AM
Despite seeing "Somebody you don't care about won a Heavy Inferno Nightmare!" messages every minute or two, the drop rate for the grand prize is generally about one in every two hundred boxes, and those messages are only so frequent due to the volume of opened boxes.

Part of THAT is due to the Zen/AD exchange creating arbitrage opportunities for sellers, incentivising buying keys. Apparently this market is somewhat competitive though. We'll see how tight we end up cutting it. Almost certainly not make a loss though.

Morph Bark
2013-05-25, 01:13 AM
So, how are things going with that guild, Morph? I'd probably be interested in joining :smallbiggrin:
I already invited you as a friend.

Sounds good! There were a handful of others interested, but I haven't seen them on anymore, so it's currently at me and two of my friends (who are also Playgrounders, though one mostly lurks). That means we need one more person and we can hit it off. I think there was another Playgrounder here who seemed interested (hobbitkniver), and I got another on my friendlist due through the GitP Facebook group (Helgraz), but I dunno if he's interested.

We're also in the same timezone as you, so that's perfect. :smallbiggrin:

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-25, 01:55 AM
A friend of mine might be interested as well.
There was a 4e version of the Order of the Stick in the book "Snips, Snail and Dragon Tales", right? Does anyone remember if they had their own name? That might be pretty fitting as a guild title. :smallwink:

EDIT: "Invaders from the Fourth Dimension" is a little long, I think... if it is, how about "Edition Warband", "Edition Warriors" or just plain "Linear Guild" or "Order of the Stick"?
EDIT-EDIT: My friend's idea is "Giant in the Neverwinter", which doesn't sound bad at all. :smallbiggrin:

Togath
2013-05-25, 03:29 PM
You might be able to re-skin a single encounter monster into one, but I don't think there's a preset mimic encounter.

I'm starting to get the hang of that sort of thing.
is there any way to create a teleport portal that only appears once a certain objective has been met?

Antonok
2013-05-25, 06:16 PM
I'm starting to get the hang of that sort of thing.
is there any way to create a teleport portal that only appears once a certain objective has been met?

Yep. You have to click on the object you placed and there'll be a drop down box that lets you select when something spawns. You might have to play around a bit and figure out how to link it to the objective but it shouldn't be too hard.

Togath
2013-05-25, 07:36 PM
Yep. You have to click on the object you placed and there'll be a drop down box that lets you select when something spawns. You might have to play around a bit and figure out how to link it to the objective but it shouldn't be too hard.

Aye, I'd planned to have it spawn when an npc was talked to, with a portal back(in addition to first two-way one) spawning when another was talked to(at the end of the maze).

Any tips for good creatures to use?
I'd considered undead, or possibly a mix, since fighting undead for the length of a labyrinth(which is longer than expected.. since I didn't realize how big "crypt" set-pieces were until I'd already built the maze) might get boring

Published it just now, Under "Decon's Challenge: Maze of Dread".. it may still be a bit buggy, but I figured I should see what people think,so I could refine it more.

Antonok
2013-05-25, 10:23 PM
Any tips for good creatures to use?
I'd considered undead, or possibly a mix, since fighting undead for the length of a labyrinth(which is longer than expected.. since I didn't realize how big "crypt" set-pieces were until I'd already built the maze) might get boring
ran into a bit of a problem just now.. can't go over 190 hostile npcs.. out of 500?

I'd try to use monsters of the same types. Like Illithids/daurgar, Drow/spiders, etc or you might run into issues where the mobs start fighting each other. The one I made I tried to add in some kobolds as filler along with the illithids and duargar so not to dilute the map but they ended up trying to kill each other so I had to scrap it.

Also had the problem of the monsters attacking the NPCs the players were sopposed to rescue. Had to go in and register the NPCs as dead to get keep them from being attacked.

Here's (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?289471-Elite-amp-Solo-Mobs-Handy-List) a good list of solo mobs that's good for bosses.

Extra note: The ID code for the one I published is NW-DOFGLGI6Z. Its soloable but most of the fights you get swarmed on, and I need to redo a few parts of it and another part to it (its only 13 min average run time). If you make a map with a min run time of 20 minutes and have at least 20 people run it it could be eligible for the daily foundry quest.

Togath
2013-05-25, 10:25 PM
I may need to adjust the creatures then(it has zombies, wights, skeletons, werewolves, wererats, orcs, ogres, and abolethics)

Antonok
2013-05-25, 10:39 PM
You can jump into your maps and test it out. I had to do it frequently in my cave just to see if I placed everything in right.

Togath
2013-05-25, 11:35 PM
aye, I'd been doing that as well(hadn't realized I could set myself immortal or untargetable though).
Looks like nothing attacks each other.. though if I make another map, I'll likely make it a bit smaller(in the sense of not using crypt pieces)

Morph Bark
2013-05-26, 12:59 PM
A friend of mine might be interested as well.
There was a 4e version of the Order of the Stick in the book "Snips, Snail and Dragon Tales", right? Does anyone remember if they had their own name? That might be pretty fitting as a guild title. :smallwink:

EDIT: "Invaders from the Fourth Dimension" is a little long, I think... if it is, how about "Edition Warband", "Edition Warriors" or just plain "Linear Guild" or "Order of the Stick"?
EDIT-EDIT: My friend's idea is "Giant in the Neverwinter", which doesn't sound bad at all. :smallbiggrin:

Originally, we had settled on using our usual guildname idea with a twist, like "The [bladibla] of the Netherlegion" (two of us RP as tiefling siblings, too, when we do dungeons). That was before I brought up the idea of bringing in other Playgrounders though.

Giant in the Neverwinter sounds pretty good. I thought "Neverwinter Giants" might be a better roll off the tongue, but with the former you got a name that people who know GitP will recognize for what it is. We can discuss it amongst each other when we're all on. :smallsmile:

Is your friend also a Neverwinter-playing Playgrounder? If so, we definitely have plenty numbers to get started! :smallbiggrin:

Togath
2013-05-26, 08:56 PM
after experimenting with the foundry a bit more.. I'm getting better at actually sizing adventures right.
One thing I had wondered; how well lit should I make areas?
I'd considered trying to make my second map(which I'll probably keep in place of the first, since the first is frankly very poorly put together.) dimly lit, since the setting is an abandoned mansion, but had been worried about people having trouble navigating it.

Antonok
2013-05-26, 09:08 PM
after experimenting with the foundry a bit more.. I'm getting better at actually sizing adventures right.
One thing I had wondered; how well lit should I make areas?
I'd considered trying to make my second map(which I'll probably keep in place of the first, since the first is frankly very poorly put together.) dimly lit, since the setting is an abandoned mansion, but had been worried about people having trouble navigating it.

You can change the lighting the room naturally has. I keep mine pretty lit. Hate when I can't see due to areas being too dark.

On other news, I think my first quest is completely finished! Added an extra map and more detail on the story. Its going to be a multiple part, and the first part with the 3rd map is probably around 30 minutes. Had to go in and make a complete custom map for it but that only took most of the day.

I'm about to run thru it on my 25 GF to see how it goes. I know a couple fights will be hard solo, but I like a challange. Even tuned the fights down some to be easier.

Anyhow, for those who're interested in trying it the short code is NW-DTKI8F3F8. I could use some reviews and playtesters to find any errors I might of missed.

Edit: Wow, ok. mind flayers are tough little buggers O_o

Togath
2013-05-26, 09:09 PM
I'll give it a go tonight or tomorrow:smallsmile:

also, encounter question; what sounds like a better final boss encounter for a dungeon that's an undead infested manor?
10 skeleton archers, two deathlock mages, two zombie hulks, and a battle wight captain
or
10 rotter zombies, 10 imps, two hellfire warlocks, and a shocktrooper devil?

Antonok
2013-05-27, 10:53 AM
I'll give it a go tonight or tomorrow:smallsmile:

also, encounter question; what sounds like a better final boss encounter for a dungeon that's an undead infested manor?
10 skeleton archers, two deathlock mages, two zombie hulks, and a battle wight captain
or
10 rotter zombies, 10 imps, two hellfire warlocks, and a shocktrooper devil?

Neither nor :smalleek:.

That's a bit of overkill, especially for someone trying to solo it. I had to go back last night and tone down my encounter's due to my GF/Cleric Comp getting completely owned by a hard+easy (8 total mobs) encounter.

The mobs scale to your level, so you have to imagine a lvl 60 trying to solo that has to contend with all those, at his level, with just one little companion. Its not near as easy as it would lead you to believe since a lot of the monsters get knockdowns/stuns/summon minions, and add in getting swarmed by 10+ mobs while stunned... yea...

Side Note: Official Thread (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?299522-Tragedy-at-the-Bleak-Barrens) for my adventure, with a couple screenshots included!

Arbitrarity
2013-05-27, 01:56 PM
You can change the lighting the room naturally has. I keep mine pretty lit. Hate when I can't see due to areas being too dark.

On other news, I think my first quest is completely finished! Added an extra map and more detail on the story. Its going to be a multiple part, and the first part with the 3rd map is probably around 30 minutes. Had to go in and make a complete custom map for it but that only took most of the day.

I'm about to run thru it on my 25 GF to see how it goes. I know a couple fights will be hard solo, but I like a challange. Even tuned the fights down some to be easier.

Anyhow, for those who're interested in trying it the short code is NW-DTKI8F3F8. I could use some reviews and playtesters to find any errors I might of missed.

Edit: Wow, ok. mind flayers are tough little buggers O_o

Missed the review proper, sorry. I was going to tip you because I don't have the "tip max amount" achievement ;)

Fights felt fairly well balanced, nothing too hard (60 TR with about 11k effective GS soloing). Only had to use about 2 potions. Should be fine for most, except in the 50-55 range where it sucks.

Several typos or incorrect words, I can track those if you'd like. Felt like quest locations were rather far away, though I really need a faster horse. Giving exact location of clues, in order, via quest marker felt odd, try using the area or multiple objective markers. Kobolds felt a bit out of place.

Several enemies in the Fire/Earth/Wind/Water section spawned as friendly/inactive, disappeared after disrupting ritual. Whatever his face in the last area remains as a targettable friendly NPC after summoning Cthulhu, so will take aggro if you let him (probably want to make him disappear or be hostile)

Antonok
2013-05-27, 06:05 PM
Missed the review proper, sorry. I was going to tip you because I don't have the "tip max amount" achievement ;)

No problem. Didn't expect much from the first one (even reviews). More of a learning tool then anything.

Fights felt fairly well balanced, nothing too hard (60 TR with about 11k effective GS soloing). Only had to use about 2 potions. Should be fine for most, except in the 50-55 range where it sucks.

Should of seen it before the massive nerfing. My 25 GF couldn't get out of the first map with dying lol.

Felt like quest locations were rather far away, though I really need a faster horse. Giving exact location of clues, in order, via quest marker felt odd, try using the area or multiple objective markers. Kobolds felt a bit out of place.

The first map I need to completely redo. I wanted it bigger with more detail, and the exact line to the objective is because I have the clues as 3 separate quests instead of one quest with multiple objectives. (it was the first map I made; kept it largely untouched outside tweaking the fights)

The third map is long and there's not much I can do about it. Its a custom map and between the hassle of trying to connect the hallways together with the room, and trying to get it around the middle room (which takes up a lot of space) that was about as small as it was getting.

Several enemies in the Fire/Earth/Wind/Water section spawned as friendly/inactive, disappeared after disrupting ritual.

The NPCs you see around the objective are doing a ritual, and despawn/become hostile when you interrupt it. I really don't like just having them stand around like that. Might go back in and make them interactive. Have them chant some faux latin or something.

I do have a question on this part, how easy was it to tell what element each room was supposed to represent?

Whatever his face in the last area remains as a targettable friendly NPC after summoning Cthulhu, so will take aggro if you let him (probably want to make him disappear or be hostile)

Thought I had fixed that >_< I'll go scold him again for not knowing what exit stage left means.

Thank you much for the review though. Very much appreciated.

Edit: Ok, did a little more work on it.

~Got a few of the spelling/grammar errors fixed.

~NPC before the final boss has been sent back to acting classes and should now despawn properly.

~Shortened the last map as much as I could.

~NPCs at the objectives for the Earth/Fire/Wind/Water now can be talked to and *chant* latin (via google translate so it might not all be correct).

~Hopefully fixed the floating braziers in the last room of the 3rd map (something I noticed on inspection of the room).

Togath
2013-05-27, 08:04 PM
Neither nor :smalleek:.

That's a bit of overkill, especially for someone trying to solo it. I had to go back last night and tone down my encounter's due to my GF/Cleric Comp getting completely owned by a hard+easy (8 total mobs) encounter.

The mobs scale to your level, so you have to imagine a lvl 60 trying to solo that has to contend with all those, at his level, with just one little companion. Its not near as easy as it would lead you to believe since a lot of the monsters get knockdowns/stuns/summon minions, and add in getting swarmed by 10+ mobs while stunned... yea...

Side Note: Official Thread (http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?299522-Tragedy-at-the-Bleak-Barrens) for my adventure, with a couple screenshots included!

I'll tone it down a bit then..
Would a shocktrooper devil by itself(or at least as close to by itself as you can make one) be a better final boss?(The plot line being the undead have swarmed this maze-like mansion due to fiendish influences raising the dead)

Antonok
2013-05-27, 08:20 PM
I'll tone it down a bit then..
Would a shocktrooper devil by itself(or at least as close to by itself as you can make one) be a better final boss?(The plot line being the undead have swarmed this maze-like mansion due to fiendish influences raising the dead)

That sounds good. Might even be able to throw in a couple easy ranged mobs for consistent minor damage, just space them out a bit.

Another thing you could try, that will take a bit of work, is set the fight in stages.

Example:

Phase 1: Fight starts, you weaken devil and kill mobs (set behavior to fight to submissive).

Phase 2: Enter speech yada yada whatever while player heals, devil shields himself, summons more minions for player to defeat.

Phase 3: Repeat until satisfied.

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-28, 11:36 AM
Originally, we had settled on using our usual guildname idea with a twist, like "The [bladibla] of the Netherlegion" (two of us RP as tiefling siblings, too, when we do dungeons). That was before I brought up the idea of bringing in other Playgrounders though.

Giant in the Neverwinter sounds pretty good. I thought "Neverwinter Giants" might be a better roll off the tongue, but with the former you got a name that people who know GitP will recognize for what it is. We can discuss it amongst each other when we're all on. :smallsmile:

Is your friend also a Neverwinter-playing Playgrounder? If so, we definitely have plenty numbers to get started! :smallbiggrin:
Yup, my friend is a level 30-ish Great Weapon Fighter (BTW, I've heard people say the class is UP? Any opinions?). I've got two characters: a level 48 Rogue and a level 24 Cleric (which I made in order to play with my lower-level friends).

Antonok
2013-05-28, 11:39 AM
Yup, my friend is a level 30-ish Great Weapon Fighter (BTW, I've heard people say the class is UP? Any opinions?). I've got two characters: a level 48 Rogue and a level 24 Cleric (which I made in order to play with my lower-level friends).

The general consensus is both GWF and GF are UP. Can't speak for the GWF but I do dread doing anything with my GF.

Edit: The GF reminds me a lot of a fighter in D&D. Charge a monster and they completely ignore you and go right after the guy in the back...

Togath
2013-05-28, 04:28 PM
Ok, foundry map is up
Short code:NW-DFME3J5VO
Name:Skittering in the Catacombs
Premise;
After answering a notice, you've found yourself in a large manor-home in the mountains east of Neverwinter.
The notice was asking for “heroes” to help investigate a strange skittering going on in the man’s—a rather portly halfling by the name of Pogbo—mansion.. though you didn’t expect anything like this.
Upon arrival, you found out another had answered the notice, a very short goblin named Hugo..
Inside you found utter ruin, the basement filled with unmentionable substances, and undead roaming free.
Still.. Pogbo did offer good pay, and it’s only a few zombies.. right?,
And Hugo seems to know a thing or two about sneaking around.

Antonok
2013-05-28, 11:03 PM
Ok, foundry map is up
Short code:NW-DFME3J5VO
Name:Skittering in the Catacombs
Premise;
After answering a notice, you've found yourself in a large manor-home in the mountains east of Neverwinter.
The notice was asking for “heroes” to help investigate a strange skittering going on in the man’s—a rather portly halfling by the name of Pogbo—mansion.. though you didn’t expect anything like this.
Upon arrival, you found out another had answered the notice, a very short goblin named Hugo..
Inside you found utter ruin, the basement filled with unmentionable substances, and undead roaming free.
Still.. Pogbo did offer good pay, and it’s only a few zombies.. right?,
And Hugo seems to know a thing or two about sneaking around.

Not bad. Had to make use of the map a bit. Found a few spelling errors/typos but nothing completely out of place. The trap room was a good concept.

Could use a bit more story and decor.

Togath
2013-05-28, 11:06 PM
I do plan to add some more decor, once I have a few more ideas(currently there's mostly just spell plague cracks.. which I realized show up different on the map menu than in game..)
and thank you for the compliment :smallsmile:

Story-wise.. I'm honestly drawing a blank. I'd considered making Hugo more involved in it, as well as perhaps some fluff/lore items scattered around?

Arbitrarity
2013-05-28, 11:24 PM
The general consensus is both GWF and GF are UP. Can't speak for the GWF but I do dread doing anything with my GF.

Edit: The GF reminds me a lot of a fighter in D&D. Charge a monster and they completely ignore you and go right after the guy in the back...

I haven't tried either to any high level, but this is also my understanding. CW have an absurdly easy time soloing, TRs have a fairly easy time, DCs have a relatively hard time (but are in huge demand for parties etc). GF's don't have enough damage to solo MANY quests, and GWFs deal subpar damage compared to TRs or CWs, even in tight AOE.

Generally the present "optimal" party comp is 1-2 DC, TR, and CW. Double Cleric for Astral Shield stack and tanking nasty adds, double CW when your CW doesn't have enough recovery to throw everything off ledges all the time, double rogue for more boss DPS. Rogue is where the gear competition gets stiffest, and there are also too damn many of them. Clerics need to throw down AS/Hallowed Ground and survive, Wizards Singularity everything and optimally chuck it off a cliff, both of which are pretty gear-independent.

Testing following a respec shows Wicked Reminder is a 4% armor debuff per stack, and some interesting things about listed damage values. It seems abilities have seperate Power and Damage ratios, meaning some abilities scale better with power than others. For Rogues, it looks like at-wills (and shocking execution) have similar scaling in both, while it varies significantly for many other powers (notably, Shadow Strike scales 3x better with power than damage, Whirlwind of Blades doesn't scale at all with power).

Must... farm.... Swashbuckler's....

Togath
2013-05-28, 11:28 PM
I do plan to add some more decor, once I have a few more ideas(currently there's mostly just spell plague cracks.. which I realized show up different on the map menu than in game..)
and thank you for the compliment :smallsmile:

Story-wise.. I'm honestly drawing a blank. I'd considered making Hugo more involved in it, as well as perhaps some fluff/lore items scattered around?

Just now noticed I still haven't managed to get rid of a random curtain hanging in the middle of one of the rooms..
On the plus side, I do have a few ideas for for fluff items and decor(after running it myself, since I hadn't had a chance since i did the re-skinning).

Character related: I may switch out my fighter for a rogue.. since the fighter's problems are starting to show for him.
I was somewhat wary, in case the ranger class came out before I got extra slots.. but i figure it might be worth it anyway.
Is there a way to transfer a title from one character to another?(so I don;t have to lose my warrior's "Caturday" title)

Morph Bark
2013-05-29, 11:30 AM

I don't know if it's UP. It is one of the classes with the fewest people playing it, though. Rogues are largest in number, as with any MMO that has PvP. Clerics are a little more common than healers in other MMOs, because the cleric can do pretty decent at tanking and DPS as well if they spec correctly.

One of my non-Playgrounder friends used to play a Great Weapon Fighter, but he quit early. I guess he didn't really feel like getting into it, especially since we'd played LotRO for a while before that and he was the highest level there. Another friend, who played a Rogue, can't play anymore for unknown reasons having to deal with his computer BSODing when he tries to start up the game.

SilverLeaf167
2013-05-30, 07:47 AM
I don't know if it's UP. It is one of the classes with the fewest people playing it, though. Rogues are largest in number, as with any MMO that has PvP. Clerics are a little more common than healers in other MMOs, because the cleric can do pretty decent at tanking and DPS as well if they spec correctly.

One of my non-Playgrounder friends used to play a Great Weapon Fighter, but he quit early. I guess he didn't really feel like getting into it, especially since we'd played LotRO for a while before that and he was the highest level there. Another friend, who played a Rogue, can't play anymore for unknown reasons having to deal with his computer BSODing when he tries to start up the game.
I picked a Rogue simply because every other class was already taken in our "party" (though we hardly play together) and they seemed cool too. I don't care much about the PvP, but based on how much other people ask for help in the chat, apparently I'm having an unusually easy time soloing. Go figure. Based on my experiences so far, Clerics are also pretty great at soloing as long you get at least some damage powers, which shouldn't be too much to ask.

I agree that "Giant in the Neverwinter" sounds sort of awkward, but what about "Giant in the Enclave"? It goes together better and might actually be even more fitting. :smallbiggrin:

Totally unrelated, probably exaggerated gripe that sprung to my head earlier: I know that MMOs can't really have very much player agency, since a single player obviously can't change the game for others, but somehow that issue seems especially bad here. Since the majority of quests are done in common areas, all of the bosses killed, structures destroyed and people saved in those areas have to respawn within half a minute at most, making it likely that the player is still there to see all his influence on the world stripped away. That is still understandable, but... why does every single NPC have to remind you that the quest you just completed is meaningless? That's not just a limitation with the medium, that's just bitchy writing.

Another minor gripe: how long is that Sergeant Knox going to keep bossing me around? After soloing my way through thousands of enemies and saving half of Neverwinter (or not, since even beating the bosses doesn't affect anything) I don't really like taking commands from a guy who I've never seen or heard do anything... It's not like his rank is even that high. I mean, anyone with a few ranks in Leadership is technically a "Sergeant".

Morph Bark
2013-05-30, 08:46 AM
Sergeant Knox's presence hasn't bothered me much yet. In a way it's kind of nice to have a central NPC that connects you to all the storyline quests, which isn't so weird when it all takes place around a relatively small area of a very large world. I do very much agree that it's weird that this happens with a mere Sergeant though, and the affirmation from a lot of NPCs that you don't have much impact is all the more grating in Neverwinter due to its smaller scale. I mean, in WoW it would be pretty obvious why: the world is huge and already filled with epic-level, world-rending heroes. Even in LotRO, Perfect World and others that goes. I think only DDO had similar scale out of the ones I've played, and that one is also a DnD MMO. Curious, ainnit?

I very much love playing my wizard still. I giggle, chuckle and laugh maniacally every time I go through a dungeon and see ledges. They practically beg me to knock enemies off them! I wish the boss fight to the Wolves Den dungeon (level 41) had ledges. Have done the dungeon twice now, boss fight several times, but never beaten it. I'm still at level 43, so still a right level for it to queue for it. I really want to beat that female-werewolf-word.

EDIT: Shard's coming down in 15 minutes for maintenance for 1.5 hours. Sooo... 17:30 it will be back up. Darn, that's when dinner is. Perhaps we could see if we can meet up with a group afterwards and get things started?

huttj509
2013-05-30, 10:06 AM
Another minor gripe: how long is that Sergeant Knox going to keep bossing me around? After soloing my way through thousands of enemies and saving half of Neverwinter (or not, since even beating the bosses doesn't affect anything) I don't really like taking commands from a guy who I've never seen or heard do anything... It's not like his rank is even that high. I mean, anyone with a few ranks in Leadership is technically a "Sergeant".

Look at it from his perspective. "Yeah, you solved that crisis, or at least heavily ameliorated it. That's awesome. I've got the bossman yelling at me about the other #%^ going on, and you seem strong enough to make a dent in it."

He might be a bit terse.

Arbitrarity
2013-05-30, 10:35 AM
Look at it from his perspective. "Yeah, you solved that crisis, or at least heavily ameliorated it. That's awesome. I've got the bossman yelling at me about the other #%^ going on, and you seem strong enough to make a dent in it."

He might be a bit terse.

I always think of him as more "suggesting" than bossing. "Hey, you solved or mostly fixed that crisis. Great! We have other stuff going on, if you'd like to give us some more help."

Of course, that he pays you basically nothing is kinda disappoint, but eh. Also, I really like how he doesn't actually have much "on the ground" info, and just directs you to the adventure zone.

Agh, getting profession skills maxed out takes a long time. Once you hit 15ish, you get a lot more xp for non-Leadership skills, but they also get more expensive. And the amount of xp required doubling every 2 levels makes it a steep curve. Just tough enough that it isn't trivial, though. Similarly, the expense of getting assets is just huge enough that getting into the higher level stuff (in, again, non-leadership professions) is a lot of work, thus preserving the value of those items (and rewarding them for their investment). The relative rarity of Dragon Eggs is also a huge factor, of course.

Presently working on getting a Vorpal enchant, rank 7 enchants, and Swash, starting a cleric, and levelling my CW. Entire thing will probably be about 8m cost, most of that in enchants, but hopefully DD's will be kind to me.

Morph Bark
2013-05-30, 10:43 AM
At what rank do professions other than Leadership start granting you worthwhile rewards?

huttj509
2013-05-30, 12:19 PM
At what rank do professions other than Leadership start granting you worthwhile rewards?

Shirts and pants.

Besides that? Um, never really, the stuff you make at 20 is obsoleted by the set bonuses on delve stuff.

Togath
2013-05-30, 01:17 PM
repeating my earlier question; can titles be transferred between characters on the same account?

Antonok
2013-05-30, 01:25 PM
repeating my earlier question; can titles be transferred between characters on the same account?

Don't think so. My rogue doesn't have my slayer titles that my GF does.

Morph Bark
2013-05-30, 02:01 PM
Don't you get the Caturday title from an item though? Maybe see if you can transfer it? Even if not, you can still have it on your other character.

Mando Knight
2013-05-30, 02:13 PM
The Caturday title is bestowed by opening the Caturday pack, which is bound to character on pickup.

Togath
2013-05-30, 02:29 PM
Ah.
Worth losing the title on one of my two characters to get a character who can actually solo?
Or do you think they're likely to fix the problems with class balance in the next week?(seems unlikely, but might as well see if I missed an announcement somewhere about them doing so)

if I did replace my GWF with another class. should I go rogue or cleric?

Morph Bark
2013-05-31, 03:36 AM
Cleric probably has the easier solo experience. Rogue is the best at PvP out of all the classes. If you do dungeons and skirmishes a lot though, go Cleric, as DPS characters are the most common in any MMO.

Whenever I play an MMO where there are more roles than tank-healer-dps (such as CC master), I tend to pick that one. Well, excepting LotRO, where I played a Champion, but didn't go on long with that due to it constantly asking for payments within the game itself.

I'll be gone until Monday due to an event, as well as my two playing friends.

Lord Ensifer
2013-06-01, 02:26 PM
Is it worth it for me to level up my non-leadership professions? I've got two slots at the moment, so I could make some leather shoes while I leadership, or I could just farm the XP and gold. Are there super-nice items you can make later on, or should I focus entirely on leadership?

Norin
2013-06-02, 12:57 AM
Well you can make your own shirt\pants combo with bonus to things. I made a shirt\pants combo with a little boost to my power\crit on my TR. The beauty of it is that you get bonuses from slots you would normaly get more or less nothing from.

That, or you can buy those items off the AH too.

I'm not sure it's really worth it in the long run, but if you like to tinker with it, it's a few rewards to be had i guess, yeah.

Arbitrarity
2013-06-02, 02:47 AM
Leatherworking or whatever is worthwhile if you're going to get the funds to really use it. Problem is, that's 4-5 million AD for Mithril tools. Then you can craft slotted blues/purples, which sell for ~400k or more each.

But yeah, the several million for tools part is painful. Only way to get that is probably Castle Never farming. Which I'm probably going to start tomorrow, as it turns out I'm actually overgeared for it.

Norin
2013-06-11, 06:43 AM
Dinged 60 on my TR last night.

Oh my what an anticlimax that was. :smallfrown:

Now i just want to play a new char with a different storyline. :smalltongue:

I guess it's time to get some good equipment and run some dungeons now?

Arbitrarity
2013-06-11, 07:19 AM
Essentially. Easiest equipment to get tends to be the PvP sets, though I believe most T1 sets are VERY cheap atm, since all the demand is for T2. Your best bet for stats is to mix a couple of T1 sets, or go straight Shadewalker to start. Full set will run you... about 80k on Dragon atm, if you buy it, most of that being the helmet. Alternatively, get a PvP helmet and chest, Shadewalker's boots and bracers, which is much cheaper.

Also, Neck/ring slots. Usually you can get someone to sell you items from the Drake seal shop for pretty cheap, as a TR, you want arpen, power, crit, some recovery. You may also be able to get good weapons this way, though PvP weapons are also among the strongest cheap options.

Get used to the Dungeon Delves times, and consider finding a guild. It's hard to get groups together otherwise, and the loot isn't nearly as good.

It's also quite feasible to just go level alts. Personally, I've done a lot of farming on my TR, because there are some nice account-wide benefits you can purchase (faster mount for all characters, character slots, etc) that require a ton of AD (converted to zen via the exchange). And you really don't make AD efficiently until you're farming CN or T2 DD. But having a faster mount and a decent horde of Drake Seals and AD makes transitioning to level 60 a lot easier.

There are also a few remaining questlines, depending on where you finished the main story, that you can still do a bit of. I found it interesting to finish off those, so I had a better feel for the storylines of some of the later dungeons (dread vault especially).

Also, June 20'th is the next big balance/content patch, as well as end of beta, where we get Gauntlgrym and stuff. Also some dungeon exploit patching (finally, prices on Ancient weapons will spring back to an okay level), some GWF and GF buffs, TR nerfs (oh lawd Deadly Momentum bug, no one knew about you), DC nerfs (mostly about stacking), and CW nerfs (though not huge ones), and healing threat fix. http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=907501

Togath
2013-06-11, 12:45 PM
I will be interested to see if they keep going as they have been with GWFs, at the moment they seem to be becoming a support/control role.
Though I have to admit it would definitely add a fun to quirk to the game if the best CC'er turned out to be the big burly sword wielder class:smalltongue:

Norin
2013-06-11, 01:18 PM
Hmm, i hope and think the new class they are planning is a bow wielding ranger or some sort. :smallbiggrin:

Any thoughts?

Morph Bark
2013-06-12, 10:02 AM
From several reports, it seems the Ranger and Warlock have been confirmed to at least be in production.

Hullabaloo
2013-06-12, 02:21 PM
Some warlock gear has dropped, there are pictures around. But the dev hinted that the next class released would be of a '"ranged" type.

Huge balancing coming soon, so dont worry what is UP or OP. Its easy to balance a few classes, considering such basic build structures. Pick the class that has the play style you want, and go for it.

Just hit 60 a few days ago, and already really tired of the PUG scene. Talent is not that much different then you would expect, but it just seems that I can keep a party of 5 all the way though the end boss. One wipe and someone quits, or someone needs on something that another person wants and they quit.

Gonna run with my guild as much as possible, but I have always had a thick skin for PUGs, but so far NW seems to be the biggest pain. This is not to mention the crazy queue time Ive seen as a Cleric.

Norin
2013-06-13, 07:40 AM
Some warlock gear has dropped, there are pictures around. But the dev hinted that the next class released would be of a '"ranged" type.

Ive yet to find a class that has nature as skill, so that's why i assumed Ranger. But yeah, might be warlock too.

Just hit 60 a few days ago, and already really tired of the PUG scene. Talent is not that much different then you would expect, but it just seems that I can keep a party of 5 all the way though the end boss. One wipe and someone quits, or someone needs on something that another person wants and they quit.

Gonna run with my guild as much as possible, but I have always had a thick skin for PUGs, but so far NW seems to be the biggest pain. This is not to mention the crazy queue time Ive seen as a Cleric.

What's PUG?

The things you describe here, in dungeon party runs, ive encountered alot too. People just give up for nothing when i'm still up for trying 10 more times. This is my first MMO so this could be something that i should have been used to from other games, but it kind of caught me off guard how touchy people are in NW.

One minor setback and they just quit. :smallconfused: Odd.

Ive encountered some serious rage issues over the party looting too. In the middle of a chaotic boss fight a blue(?) GWF sword dropped, and i hit "need" (i'm TR) by mistake. I tried to explain, but people just went mental over it.

Of course, i offered the item free of charge to the GWF in the party at once, but the rage still persisted. Strange. :smallconfused:

So i tend to solo as much as possible to avoid all the crazy people i seem to run into. :smallbiggrin:

Hullabaloo
2013-06-13, 08:45 AM
What's PUG?Pick Up Group. Pretty much any group that is not a group with people you know, random shouting (60 Cleric LF Tier I, or the Queue system)

Patch Notes
Neverwinter Patch Notes – NW.3.20130529d.6

General

Multiple sources of DSP can now play at the same time (such as two overlapping Daze effects).
Players with certain low-end video cards should no longer see solid pink textures on certain characters and objects.
Another fix for the OUT_OF_MEMORY crash has been made.
A large batch of voiceover in non-English languages has been added to the game.

Combat

Control Wizard
Arcane Singularity now displays the correct icon in character creation.
Chill stacks are now removed when Freeze is feather_of_sun'ed, instead of when it is applied.
Chill may now stack on control-immune NPCs, but does not snare or freeze them.
Chilling Cloud: The first two hits of the combo now refresh Chill stacks.
Conduit of Ice: The primary effect of this power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
Entangling Force: This power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
Ray of Enfeeblement: This power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
Ray of Enfeeblement: The benefits from ranking up this power have been decreased.
Ray of Enfeeblement: The debuff applied by this power is now less powerful.
Ray of Enfeeblement: The Spell Mastery version of the debuff now displays stacks on the target.
Ray of Enfeeblement: Two Control Wizards can no longer apply two separate stacks of the debuff on a single target if one uses the Spell Mastery version and one does not. The DoT is still applied by each Wizard individually, however.
Repel: The tooltip now correctly states that Repel briefly stuns its target(s).
Shard of the Endless Avalanche: The Shard can no longer be destroyed by certain attacks.
Shard of the Endless Avalanche: This power now consistently deals Arcane damage.
Shard of the Endless Avalanche: The rank-up text of this power no longer incorrectly states that its cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds per rank.
Shard of the Endless Avalanche: Queuing another power while casting no longer puts the power on cooldown without creating the Shard.
Steal Time: The Movement buff granted by this power no longer stacks with other Movement buffs.
Steal Time: This power now grants one Arcane Mastery stack per cast, regardless of the number of enemies hit.
Storm Pillar: The damage radius of the normal cast has been slightly increased.
Storm Pillar: The damage dealt by the summoned pillar has been slightly reduced.
Storm Pillar: Ranking up this power now increases the time the summoned pillar lasts.
Sudden Storm: This power no longer deals 10 Physical damage in addition to normal damage.
Sudden Storm: The DoT now deals more damage.
Sudden Storm: The Spell Mastery version of this power is now considered a DoT for damage calculation.
Feat: Chaos Magic: Chaotic Growth now heals for less, but affects maximum health rather than current health.
Feat: Destructive Wizardry: This power now requires Storm Pillar to be charged at least halfway to activate.
Feat: Masterful Arcane Theft: The damage bonus from this feat has been reduced.
Feat: Prestidigitation: This feat now also increases movement speed.
Feat: Reaper's Touch: This feat's effectiveness has been reduced.
Feat: Snap Freeze: This feat no longer increases the damage of Lightning-based powers. It now correctly only affects Cold powers.
Devoted Cleric
Astral Seal: The healing from this power no longer tapers off more quickly than expected.
Astral Shield: Players may now only be affected by one instance of Astral Shield at a time.
Astral Shield: The healing from the Divine version of this power is now considered a Heal over Time for healing calculations.
Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly increases in duration with higher ranks.
Astral Shield: The shield circle will no longer sometimes disappear when projectiles pass over the center.
Bastion of Health: This power no longer affects targets through walls.
Break the Spirit: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snares.
Divine Armor: Players may now only be affected by one instance of Divine Armor at a time.
Divine Armor: This power will now consistently affect all party members and the caster's own summoned Companion.
Divine Armor: This power no longer affects targets through walls.
Divine Glow: Now has separate target limits for allies and enemies, rather than a shared total.
Divine Glow: The visual effects no longer scale up quite as much on larger enemies.
Flamestrike and Guardian of Faith can no longer be cast simultaneously.
Guardian of Faith: This power now properly heals players when the target is killed.
Hallowed Ground: This power no longer affects targets through walls.
Prophectic Action: Now correctly reduces its cooldown by 10 seconds per rank.
Hammer of Fate: The control immunity aspect of this power now lasts a consistent length of time.
Prophecy of Doom: Adding ranks to this power no longer causes the Divine version to increase the target’s defense rather than reduce it.
Punishing Light: The damage from this power now scales based on player level.
Sooth: Fixed issue where 2nd and 3rd ranks were tied to Holy Fervor rather than Sooth.
Soothing Light: The healing from this power now scales based on player level.
Feat: Cleanse: The cleanse effect now has a 20-second cooldown whenever it removes a debuff.
Feat: Cleanse: When a player cleanses other targets, the player also now cleanses himself or herself.
Feat: Cleanse: The cleanse effect now only removes one debuff at a time.
Feat: Cleanse: The cleanse effect no longer removes the "recently died" debuff.
Feat: Ethereal Boon: This feat no longer gives twice the Divine Power as expected.
Feat: Focused Poise: The damage increase from this power has been improved.
Feat: Focused Poise: This feat now also increases Divine Power generated by Lance of Faith.
Feat: Healing Action: The description of this feat has been clarified.
Feat: Linked Spirit: The description of this feat now properly states that players must be using Channel Divinity to benefit from this feat.
Feat: Power of Oppression: This feat's effect can no longer stack several times.
Feat: Second Sight: This power now correctly heals party members for 5% of the damage dealt per rank, up from 2%.

Great Weapon Fighter
Avalanche of Steel no longer removes DoTs and CC effects applied before leaping offscreen.
Battle Fury: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
Come and Get It: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
Crescendo: The estimated damage of this power is now more accurate.
Daring Shout: This power no longer sometimes grants more defense than expected.
Mighty Leap: The jump distance of this power has increased.
Mighty Leap: While jumping, the player is now considered dodging for hit detection.
Not So Fast: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
Not So Fast: The damage dealt by this power has been increased, particularly so when it hits a single target.
Restoring Strike: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
Roar: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
Savage Advance: Players can no longer rarely knock enemies back without spending Action Points.
Spinning Strike: While this power is active, the user is now immune to Control powers.
Spinning Strike: While this power is active, attacks are now guaranteed to be deflected.
Steadfast Determination: Ranks 2 and 3 now properly improve this power.
Sure Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
Takedown: The cooldown of this power has been decreased.
Takedown: The range of this power has been increased.
Takedown: The user of this power now shifts forward slightly when attacking.
Unstoppable: This power now grants temporary health based on how much Determination the player had when activating it.
Unstoppable: This power no longer removes certain Movement buffs.
Wicked Strike: The damage from this power has been increased.
Feat: Deep Gash: The damage from this feat is now considered a DoT.
Feat: Defiance: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
Feat: Focused Destroyer: This feat no longer allows the player to build stacks when no target is hit.
Feat: Grudge Style: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
Feat: Grudge Style: The extra threat generation from this power no longer requires a critical hit to activate.
Feat: Intimidation: This feat now properly increases threat generation.
Feat: Intimidation: The damage bonus from Power has been increased.
Guardian Fighter
Addressed an issue in which the client and server disagreed on the cooldown of Block, resulting in Blocking sometimes not being effective after releasing and re-pressing Block.
Several Block misprediction issues have been addressed. These had resulted in the client thinking it was using the Block ability when the server did not.
Aggravating Strike: Damage from this power now properly scales with player level.
Enforced Threat: Iron Warrior no longer reduces Guard recovery of Enforced Threat.
Ferocious Reaction: This power no longer grants far more Defense than intended.
Guard mitigation on high-damage attacks has been increased by 20%.
Into the Fray no longer stacks with other versions of itself.
The Movement buff no longer stacks with other Movement buffs.
Knight's Valor: This power now consistently applies to all members of the party.
Knight's Valor: This power is no longer cancelled by knockbacks or interrupts.
Knight's Valor: Multiple Guardian Fighters using this power no longer end up protecting each other in a loop.
Knight's Valor: When multiple Guardian Fighters use this power, the ending of the first effect will no longer end the second.
Mark: Visual effects no longer scale up quite as much on larger enemies.
Shield Slam: Damage from this power now properly scales with player level.
The amount of damage the Guardian Fighter can block before breaking guard has been increased by 10%.
Threat generation on all abilities has been increased by 35%.
Threatening Rush: The third rank of this power no longer requires 40 points spent.
Tide of Iron: The duration of the debuff is now consistent.
Villain's Menace: This power no longer prevents Movement buffs from affecting the player while active.
Feat: Shield Defense: All ranks of this feat now properly increase Armor Class.
Feat: Wrathful Warrior: The damage buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.

Trickster Rogue
Encounter and Daily powers now benefit more from the Power stat.
Blitz: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
Deft Strike: This power no longer places the Rogue in front of certain dragons.
Duelist's Flurry: Credit for the bleed damage is now properly attributed if multiple Rogues apply stacks.
Duelist's Flurry: Up to 10 stacks of the bleed effect can be applied to a single enemy regardless of how many Rogues applied them.
Duelist's Flurry: The bleed now ticks more slowly.
Duelist's Flurry: The bleed effect now properly reapplies after reaching ten stacks.
Impossible to Catch: The Stealthed version no longer removes DoT effects when activated, but does prevent them from being applied while active.
Shocking Execution: The base damage of this power has been reduced by 60%.
Smoke Bomb: The snare from this power no longer stacks with other snare effects.
Feat: Catspaw Style: This feat now properly reduces the target's defense.
Feat: Deadly Momentum: The Critical Severity buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.
Feat: Ruthless Efficiency: The Armor Penetration buff from this feat has been reduced to match the tooltip.

Misc.
Half Elf: Dilettante now has a more accurate and informative description.
Threat from Healing is now spread across enemies in an encounter, generating less for each enemy in the encounter.
Control Wizards can no longer swap powers on cooldown into or out of the Arcane Mastery slot.
Targeting splats now move along with the caster when the caster is pushed.
The Toughness feat for all classes now updates maximum health immediately, rather than when relogging or changing zones.

Companions

Companions now deal much greater damage to enemies with significantly higher level than their Rank, but a close level to their owner.
Companion training time is no longer consistently offset, which tended to result in negative "time until training completes" values.
Respawning in PvP no longer reminds players that their Companions cannot be summoned.
Runestones: Eldritch Runestones now properly stack if you have multiple of the same rank slotted into your Companion's Defense Slots.
Wayward Wizard: Now has new VO upon summoning him.

Quests and Environments

General
Daily quests no longer deactivate temporarily about once every two weeks.
Daily quests from Rhix have had their text improved and cleaned up.
The Daily Foundry quest now has a return map, which tells you to go back to Protector's Enclave when you're not there.
NPCs are now less talkative.
Skill nodes near the beginnings of many instances have been removed.
Deadly pits and falls no longer sometimes let players fall through them.
Optimization and visual improvement passes have been made to many objects and environments across the game.
Overworld map doors now allow multiple players to interact simultaneously.
Several stability improvements have been implemented.
Protector's Enclave
Graphical performance has been significantly improved in Protector's Enclave.
Important quest NPCs are now more visible and accessible.
The Grand Emporium now has a Phoera and Galeb Duhr on display.
The Reward Claims Agent now has a unique icon over his head.
The Guild Registrar no longer has a guild bank, but has a new friend to handle those responsibilities.
The Town Cryer has cheered up. He is now the Town Crier.
A fancy platform has been constructed leading off the stairs, facing toward the Neverember statue by the Marketplace.
Ambient NPCs have been added to the VIP area in the Moonstone Mask.
The swirling blue effect on the platform to the north of the Moonstone Mask teleporter has been removed. The related Foundry interact has been moved to the teleporter.

Tutorial
Neverwinter Fields: Private Wilfred's voice has changed.
Neverwinter Fields: The Great Weapon Fighter's encounter power tip now fits within its box.
Sleeping Dragon Bridge: Dying to the Deathlock Wight no longer blocks progress.
Sleeping Dragon Bridge: The audio balance on the bridge has been improved.
Sleeping Dragon Bridge: The ending sequence has been smoothed out.
Sleeping Dragon Bridge: The Harbinger now properly leashes.
Sleeping Dragon Bridge: Valindra's teleport animation and effect has been improved.
Theft of the Crown: There is no longer a floating tomb in one of the side wings.
Blacklake District
Close to the Crown: When candles disappear due to video settings, they no longer leave glowing light behind.
Close to the Crown: Ambient audio no longer drops out in a specific room.
Players no longer have to submerge themselves in sludge to collect the lake sample.
Tower District
The reverb in the Orc Barracks has been toned down.
Castle Never: A blade trap that could not be disarmed has been removed.
Castle Never: A permeable wall near the entrance has been reinforced.

Spellplague
Plague Tower: Performance has significantly improved on this map.
Plague Tower: The statues no longer pop when they rotate.
Blackdagger Ruins
The repeatable version of Bloodying the Bandits has been removed.
A few typos of the name "Cragmire" have been addressed.
The travel gate can now be used by multiple players at once.
There are now landmark icons over the travel gate, the feather_of_sun'ed Crown Inn, and the dungeon door on the map.
The travel gate now has a smaller clickable object.
Hidden Cove: There is no longer a rogue green line on the loading screen.
Grimstorm Keep: Jareth Grim is no longer immune to Control powers.
Cragmire Crypts: Boss cutscenes no longer repeat for each party member.
Cragmire Crypts: Characters and objects no longer flicker in and out in certain spots.
Cragmire Crypts: Trickster Rogues can no longer use Deft Strike through the gates.
Cragmire Crypts: Several traps that couldn't be disarmed have been fixed.
Storming the Keep: Malus Blackdagger now has the appropriate amount of health.
Neverdeath Graveyard
A few areas that previously allowed players outside the gameplay area have been addressed.
Dragon Attack: Players no longer get stuck in combat next to a treasure chest.
History Lessons: The items collected in this quest can now be discarded.
History Lessons: Players must now collect all of the pages required before being able to enter the crypt.
Helm's Hold
The Sanatorium: A trap that couldn't be disarmed has been fixed.
The zone map is no longer offset; the minimap is now accurate.
Lair of the Mad Dragon: The boss now spawns fewer adds in Normal Mode.
Lair of the Mad Dragon: The boss no longer spawns a Shocktroop Devil. It now summons an Erinyes.
Ebon Downs
Barrows: A trap that could get Companions stuck has been removed.
Objects inside the tavern now only sparkle if the player has an objective to click them.
The Barrow Lords now properly grant progress for the "Ebon Downs: Maps" achievement.
Vellosk
The zone map is no longer offset; the minimap is now accurate.
Gray Wolf Den: Enemies and objects no longer flicker in one of the chasm rooms.
Gray Wolf Den: Ethraniev Marrowslake is now less difficult. Her control powers are less harsh and she summons fewer adds at a time.
Pirates' Skyhold
Lair of the Pirate King: The non-Epic version of this dungeon now properly grants an achievement.
The travel gate can now be used by multiple players at once.
The travel gate now has a landmark icon on the map.
Icespire Peak
Icespire's Heart: The transparent floors no longer sometimes render as black, but are now opaque for better rendering of attack warnings.
Icespire's Heart: A few more adjustments have been made to the environment to address content that could be bypassed.
The Chasm
Spellplague Caverns: The Epic version of this dungeon now properly grants an achievement.
Spellplague Caverns: Leaving this dungeon now puts the player where he or she was before leaving.
Spellplague Caverns: The deadly falls now kill players much more consistently.
Rothe Valley
Defend the Village: The exit is no longer blocked by an invisible wall.
Temple of the Spider: A trap hidden beneath the floor has now been properly exposed.
Temple of the Spider: A few more adjustments have been made to the environment to address content that could be bypassed.
Mount Hotenow
Primordial Temple: A couple lava flows with hard cutoffs have been smoothed out.
The bloom on the lava has been toned down a bit.
The map art now shows some gameplay areas that were previously shown as inaccessible.
The caldera of Mount Hotenow is no longer blocked by a giant rock. Questing in this area is now much, much more possible.
Caverns of Karrundax: The final boss' health has been reduced. It should now be more in line with the health of other dragons.
Caverns of Karrundax: The final boss fight's add waves now happen less frequently.
The rocks blocking the third major quest area are now gone.
Whispering Caverns
A Dish Best Served Cold: This quest now has a waypoint and a Quest Path.
Doors that were previously blocked by collision are now properly interactive.
The Dread Vault: Leaving through the entrance door now properly returns the player to where he or she was before entering the dungeon.
The Dread Vault: Yalghoor now summons fewer thralls.
Xorlarrin Outpost: It should now be more difficult to get out of the gameplay area.
The boss of the Wrathforge can no longer be kited.
PvP
Rivenscar Ruins: The map art is now much clearer about gameplay space and pathing.
Rivenscar Ruins: Smoothed out visual popping on some environment pieces.

Foundry

Audio now works properly after projects are published.
Foundry quests will be republished in stages starting with Featured quests, then top rated, then all other remaining quests.
This is so our team can take care of this matter without requiring authors to do it on their own.
This process may take up to a day to complete so please bear with us in the meantime.
Deleting items no longer potentially causes a crash.
Many Illusionary objects have been added to the Foundry.
Inspect Object objectives are now available on Cryptic maps.
Interact Text and Interact Animation tasks now take the author to the correct editor.
More Behaviors have been added for NPCs, generally dealing in non-combat behavior.
Projects with room doors set to "This Component Complete" as a hide condition have been fixed up so they no longer have that condition.
The buttons on the project dashboard now link properly to the listed sites.
The Review popup after completing a Foundry quest is now more difficult to accidentally close.
The "Sneak Peek" reviewer achievement now properly unlocks.
Well-Informed contacts now properly show the correct estimated playtime of Foundry quests.
Several stability improvements to the Foundry have been implemented.
Previous projects that were working, then stopped working due to budget problems, should be working again. Lights were accidentally costing too much in the Foundry budget.
A case where components could get into a weird state between placed and unplaced has been addressed.
Logging out while saving (whether manually or via auto-save) no longer crashes the client.
The Refill HP button is once again working.

Gateway

An error message now properly shows if the player attempts to rush a Profession task without enough Astral Diamonds to cover it.
Character previews now properly load all textures before being generated.
The best asset for a given Profession task is now automatically slotted into the Required Asset slot. It can still be switched out manually.
When leveling to 30 or 60 via Professions in Gateway, the level 30 or 60 task slot now properly unlocks.
Account Guard for IE 10 now remembers the browser between sessions.
The Auction House for Gateway now properly limits the number of auctions a player may run at a time.
Players can now put crafting resources up for sale in the auction house.
The auction house now shows the real "current bid" rather than the "minimum allowed bid."
If a player is winning an auction, "You're Winning" now appears on the Auction House browse page.
Professions: Filter and Sort preferences are now saved between sessions.
When a player clicks the "Start Task" button, the player is now taken to the most recently viewed task list.
The profession task list no longer becomes "cut off" at the bottom with no way to page through them.
The mobile layout has been updated to reduce some scrolling, improve usability for the Auction House, add a missing back buttons in some confirmation dialogs, and increase the size of some input fields.
Tooltips for set items now display properly.
Login error messages now display in a less intrusive location.
News and emergency alerts now show up more quickly once they're changed.
The Character Sheet now calculates Health correctly.

Items / Rewards

Enchantments
Silvery Enchantments now properly stack their Glory Boost if multiple of the same rank are slotted in Utility slots.
Radiant Enchantments now properly stack their Gold Boost if multiple of the same rank are slotted in Utility slots.
Azure Enchantments now properly stack their XP Boost if multiple of the same rank are slotted in Utility slots.
Many hostile enchantments no longer proc on allied players when certain buffs or heals are cast.
Frost Weapon: This enchantment now correctly reduces the struck player's Recovery.
Frostburn Armor: This enchantment now correctly reduces the attacking player's Recovery.
Plague Fire: The Defense debuff now properly works against players.
Plague Fire: The Defense debuff portion of the enchantment's proc no longer stacks when applied by multiple players.
Plague Fire: The Defense debuff no longer reduces the target's overall Damage
Plague Fire: The Defense debuff now properly stacks to 3.
Resistance, but instead properly reduces the Defense stat. The debuff is less powerful as a result.

Item Sets
Control Wizard: Shadow Weaver Set: The tooltip now specifies that the set bonus only triggers with Encounter powers, and only stacks up to 3 times.
Control Wizard: Shadow Weaver Set: The set bonus now stacks up to 3 times.
Control Wizard: Gladiator Mage Set: The set bonus now properly reduces the cooldown of Spell Mastery powers.
Control Wizard: High Vizier's Set no longer increases NPC defense and lowers the player's. The set bonus can now affect control-based Daily powers, too.
Devoted Cleric: Divine Emissary Set: The set bonus now correctly gives its buff to nearby allies.
Devoted Cleric: Greaves of the Divine Emissary: This item is now Bind on Equip instead of Bind on Pickup.
Devoted Cleric: Greaves of the Sacred Hand: This item is now Bind on Equip instead of Bind on Pickup.
Devoted Cleric: High Prophet Set: The set bonus no longer debuffs allies when healed.
Devoted Cleric: High Prophet Set: This tooltip now properly indicates that the set bonus stacks 3 times for 4 seconds, instead of 4 times for 3 seconds.
Devoted Cleric: High Prophet Set: The set bonus now correctly affects players.
Great Weapon Fighter: Berserker Set: This set bonus no longer fully resets cooldowns when using Spinning Strike or Crescendo.
Great Weapon Fighter: Bladestorm Set: The tooltip now properly shows the chance for the set bonus to activate (35%).
Great Weapon Fight: Bladestorm Set: This set bonus no longer stacks with itself, resulting in targets becoming slowed more than expected.
Great Weapon Fighter: The Head and Feet slot items of the PvP set now look correct.
Guardian Fighter: Valiant Warrior Set: Now correctly procs 25% of the time, down from 75%.
Guardian Fighter: Knight Captain's Set no longer drops with minimum levels below 60. Any existing Knight Captain's gear that has a minimum level below 60 will still keep their lower minimum level.
Knight Captain's set: Apostrophes have been added to the tooltip as appropriate.
Knight Captain's set: This set bonus can now only refresh its own version of the buff.
Trickster Rogue: Master Duelist's Long Dagger may no longer be equipped in the off hand. Players with it equipped will have it dropped into the Overflow Bag on the next map change after logging in.
Tricker Rogue: Master Assassin's set: The set bonus now gives the expected amount of Power after using a Daily.
Trickster Rogue: Previously untextured armor now properly has textures.
Bound versions of items given via the Adventurer's Reward box now have a different icon.
Buff potions now have minimum levels to use, based on their tier.
Enchantment slots on many quest rewards have been updated to match gear of their type.
Invocation: The Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation now gives rewards consistent with the tooltip.
Invocation: Seal packs in the Invocation store now look like bags instead of seals.
Jeweled Idols now more accurately describe in their tooltips where to turn them in.
Many quest items have had some visual changes to improve aesthetic variety.
Medium Waterdeep Horses are now available at the Wondrous Bazaar, in the Special Items tab.
Most mounts now play a "poof" sound when dismounting.
Nightmare Shield can no longer replace the art of Primary Slot weapons.
Party Poppers and Fireworks once again work.
The Coffer of Wondrous Augmentation no longer has a typo in its name.
Tier 2 Seal stores have had their duplicate, differently-priced items removed.
Objects created by the Dust of Creation item now have sparkles surrounding them.
Players with consumables, mounts, etc. that were seemingly unusable now should be properly able to use those items.
Potion icons have been updated to better differentiate orange, red, and pink contents.
Potion names and levels have been updated to be consistent across tiers and types of potions.
Potion of Fortification now properly has an icon.
Profession resources may now be purchased in stacks of up to 100.
Sash of the Thief can now be worn by players.
Skill Kits now show the correct success rate in their flavor text.
Stats on many quest rewards have been improved.
Waterdeep Horses are now available at Mount Vendors for gold.
Waverider Mace now appears when equipped.
Worg and Storm Raider mount / dismount sounds are once again appropriate to the mounts.
Whispering Caverns: Off-hand quest rewards now give the proper stats.
Nightmare Lockbox: The tooltip more accurately names the items inside.
Nightmare Lockbox: Gloomwrought weapons now display their effective level in their flavor text.
Zen Market: The Companion Idle Slot information now correctly states that it can be purchased up to 10 times, up from 6.
Zen Market: The Stormraider Clydesdale now shows the correct title.

Localization

The layout of many portions of the UI has been adjusted to better accommodate localized content.
The "Outbid" message for the Auction House has been updated.
Queues have updated localization passes to match recent messaging changes.
French and German text has been updated.

Monsters / NPCs

Certain treasure chests no longer reveal their secrets when players are in combat nearby.
Dragons' maximum health has been reduced.
Mind Flayers' Enslave buff has been reduced in efficacy.
Nothic Plaguegazers' gaze beam power now has audio.
Several bosses have had their hit react volumes lowered.
Thoon Hulk melee attacks now have audio.
War cry audio has been added and improved for many monsters of the Aberrant, Dragon, Mind Flayer, and Winterforge families.
Wolves now have a smoother knockback animation.

Professions

All Rare +2 Helms and Gloves now properly give Helms and Gloves instead of Boots as their second tier rewards.
The best asset for a given task is now automatically slotted into the Required Asset slot. It can still be switched out manually.
The "Level 60" Task slot now properly opens at level 60 instead of 50. Players who got the level 50 unlock will still have that slot unlocked.
Platesmithing: The Gather Mithral Ore task has had its rewards corrected.
Leadership: The Rank 9 task, Chart Region, now properly gives a District Map instead of a Bill of Sale.
Leadership: Mercenaries have had their icons updated.

PvP

Finished PvP maps no longer stand a chance of sometimes stranding players without a Leave button.
Players may no longer be kicked from PvP maps unless they are disconnected.
Players must now participate in a PvP match to qualify for its rewards.
Players no longer get points for Assists if they do not deal damage to the target player.
We are aware that this puts healers at a point disadvantage; we are looking into solutions for a future update.
PvP matches that go by much more quickly than expected now give fewer rewards.
The "Match Start" countdown now properly waits until the match is about to begin to start counting down.
The minimap zoom boundaries in both PvP maps have been improved; players should be able to zoom out more.
The rewards for losing a PvP match have been lowered.
While waiting for more players to join a PvP match, the UI now displays that it's waiting for players.
Points are no longer awarded for assists if the player didn't actually assist for a given kill.

Queues

Error messages have been improved for queues that cannot be joined.
Queues once again attempt to refill parties after a party member has dropped.
The Queue UI now has sortable columns for level and gear score requirements.
When joining an existing party, players now spawn at the farthest-forward respawn point activated by that party.
When refilling parties with dropped members, the Queue system refills the party using the role(s) of the player(s) who had dropped.
When rejoining a queue that one has previously left, there is no longer a chance of being placed back into the same instance in a seemingly feather_of_sun'ed state.
When some party members accept and some party members decline a queue offer, the whole party is properly removed from the queue.

UI

Alterer
The Alterer UI now scales to fill the entire screen.
Appearance Change
The item dropdown menu now supports longer item names.
The preview of your character wearing an item in the Appearance Change window has been restored.
Astral Diamond Exchange
The Transfer window now displays the proper values when the window first appears.
Auction House
Clicking on a grayed out item category no longer triggers the search cooldown.
Item counts are now displayed in the "My Bids" tab.
New sorting methods have been added for "Bid price per unit" and "Buyout price per unit."
Sorting as a whole now works more intuitively.
The Browse tab now shows the player's own auctions in a Disabled (grayed out) state.
The item selection dropdown menu is now wider to better support long item names.
The item selection dropdown now closes when closing the Auction House window.
The item selection dropdown now properly handles Enchantment slots on the icon.
The item selection dropdown now shows quality colors.
The minimum required bid is now properly displayed on the High Bid tooltip in the "Browse" and "My Bids" screens.
The mail sent when an auction is successfully sold now includes the item name, posting fee, and item quantity.
If an auction has expired, its entry in the "Expires In" tab is now properly "Expired."
If an auction has expired, the Bid, Buyout, and Cancel Auction buttons are now properly grayed out.
When searching other criteria than the Category, the Category is now also properly taken into account.

Bank
The Guild Bank no longer immediately closes when being accessed via the Guild Registrar.
Character Creation
Racial descriptions have been improved to better explain stat choices and racial powers.
The "Begin Adventure" button no longer overlaps the Biography text area.
The detail window in class selection is a little wider to better support longer power names.
The Northdark background now has a fitting image.
Character Select / Login
A Credits button has been added to the Login screen.
Character Sheet
A "History" tab has been added for easy reference of the Background, Biography, Deity, and Origin entered at character creation, as well as the title the player has selected. This matches the Inspect window.
Equipping an item from the dropdown list next to an item slot now properly works when the player's main inventory bag is full.
The Character Sheet now shows race and gender.
The "Edit Profile" button has been removed from the Character Sheet and replaced by the History tab.
The Gear Score stat now has a tooltip.
The Gear Score stat now displays correctly when the player character is dead.
When equipping items through the dropdown menu next to an item slot, the listed items no longer always show as "Recommended."
When inspecting other players, the Gear Score listed now properly shows the other player's Gear Score instead of yours.
Chat
Attempting to drag a chat tab into the power tray no longer breaks tooltips.
Linked items now properly handle multi-byte UTF-8 characters, which addresses the item links having some incorrectly colored characters.
Right-clicking on a player name in chat now consistently opens up the same context menu as when interacting with the player in the world.
The Autocomplete menu now matches the appearance of other dropdown menus.
Commands
/perks is now a valid command to open the Achievements panel.
Companions
Double-clicking to unequip items now works as expected.
Dragging items in the Companions tab now shows the correct icon.
Runestones now show the correct icon when attempting to drag them out of a slot.
The Companions UI no longer allows empty slots to be selected.
The Rename Companion window now scales based on its contents.
Contact Dialog
The contact dialog now looks different when a party member interacts with the contact.
Contact dialogs now scroll if the text is too long for the window.
Death
The Death / Near-Death screen now properly shows item quality on the scrolls shown inside.
Feats
A warning dialog now appears when attempting to leave the Feat Window with spent but uncommitted Feat Points.
The branched feat trees no longer have tooltips on their titles.
The "Commit Feats" button now flashes when there are spent but uncommitted Feat Points.
Fusion
Fusing Enchantments and Runestones now takes 1.5 seconds total per fusion, down from 5.
The "Fuse" button no longer gets stuck in a grayed out state if the player exits the Fuse window before the fusion completes.
HUD Menu
The Zen Market button on the top bar now glows when there are new products in the Zen Market.
General
Popup lists (e.g. context menus) no longer have their first item selected by default.
Inspect Player
The Inspect window now closes if the player being inspected logs off.
Instance Transfer
The cooldown warning tooltip on the Instance Transfer button now shows your current map name and instance number.
Inventory
An error message now properly displays if a player attempts to interact with an in-use Profession Asset.
Items now properly go into empty inventory slots before choosing the Overflow Bag.
Items now properly stack with others of their type when the bag the stack is in is full.
Items that cannot be discarded now state as such in their tooltips.
Items with a maximum level now show their max level in tooltips.
The "Inspect Lockbox" entry in the right-click menu now works without a key.
The "More Slots" button in the Companions tab now defaults to the 8-slot purchase.
The Sell button in the right-click menu is now disabled in vendors without a Sell tab.
When comparing items with multiple equip slots, such as Rings, both items now show in the Item Comparison tooltip.
Invocation
The maximum number of Celestial Coins now displays on the Invocation UI.
If a player has seven Celestial Coins, a confirmation dialog pops up when the player tries to Invoke.
The Vault of Piety may once again be accessed at any time.

Journal
Quest flavor text now properly has a scrollbar when it overflows the Journal UI.
Landing Page (Welcome screen)
The "Neverwinter News" section is now being updated!
Login
The message that shows up when attempting to log in during shard maintenance has been updated.
Mail
The "Message Sent!" line no longer appears when mail fails to send.
In-game mail ignore and reporting functionality has been improved.
The Send button is no longer clickable if the To: field is blank.
The mail icon on the HUD no longer glows at unexpected times, including when players have unread mail from other Cryptic games.
Mail from NPCs no longer sometimes show garbled characters in the @handle.
Read/Unread and Attachment columns have been added to the Mail List.
Known Issue: The Read Email icon may currently be a white square.
The bold font for unread email should look a bit better.
By default, mail now sorts by date, with newest ones at the top.
A confirmation window pops up when a player attempts to delete mail with items in it.
Main Menu
The ESC menu now has a Change Character button.
Menu Bar
The Character and Professions buttons now glow more strongly when players have Power Points / Feats / Attribute Points to spend or completed Professions tasks.
Minimap
Event icons no longer jitter when sliding the Event Panel into / out of the Minimap.
Notifications
Players no longer see "Your XP was set to <amount>" notifications in the Tutorial.
Options
"Always Show Map Transfer" have been removed.
Overworld Map
A new mouseover tooltip now shows on locations that are much higher level than the player.
Locations that are much higher level than the player now use orange text instead of red.
Markers pointing to Overworld Map icons are now clickable to head to their target locations.
Players may now see quests at their current location.
The "You Are Here" indicator now shows as a different icon border and text color instead of an indicator above the icon.
Powers
All characters now have a free respec. This respec can be used in the Powers screen, via a button in the lower left. This respec will not stack with future free respecs granted in this way.
If a power is not slotted, there is now an indicator on the Power Information frame telling the player to drag it down to the Power Tray if s/he wishes to use it.
Paragon Paths now have new crest art.
The Stealth tooltip in Character Creation now displays the proper text.
When interrupted by certain powers, players no longer have their cooldowns either reset or set to an unexpected time.

Power Tray
Powers are now always shown in full color in the Power Tray while in Cursor Mode.
Professions
Asset icons now have right-click behavior.
The Asset menu can no longer overflow the window.
The notification sent when tasks complete now has more noticeable audio.
Rearrange HUD
The chat window has been removed from the Rearrange HUD feature, as it's movable and resizable already.
Rewards
Fashion items now display properly in end-of-quest chests.
The "Need" button is now disabled for items your class cannot use.
The rewards from end-of-dungeon chests now properly display in the chest UI.
Quest Tracker
The "Dungeon Chest Unlocked" notification no longer persists after leaving a dungeon when the player has no other quests.
Scoreboard
The PvP Scoreboard now shows bonus Glory earned for top placement.
The PvP Scoreboard no longer claims to the losing team that they won.
The "From blue to red" capture progress icon is no longer a white square.

Settings
The "Recommended" pointer on the graphics quality slider now properly indicates the default graphics quality.
Social Menu
The "Notes" column has been removed from the "Ignored" tab.
Targeting
Untargetable companions, such as Ioun Stones, no longer show an extra circle beneath them when their owner is in combat.
The player will now see his/her own title and guild overhead when "Show Name" is active.
The player's overhead health bar no longer looks like an enemy health bar when shown.
Tickets
The link to view existing tickets has been replaced by a button.
Vendors
Double-clicking an item if the store doesn't purchase items now shows an error message.
In multi-currency stores, each currency now has a box around it.
The Buy and Sell tabs now show icons instead of words.
The "Buy Multiple" slider can now show at least three digits.
The former Founders Agent has been promoted to a Reward Claims Agent.
The Reward Claims Agent now properly shows a "Claim" button instead of a Buy button.
The vendor UI now immediately displays changes such as eligibility for items when buying or selling.
Window Behavior
If a player is in cursor mode when windows pop up and take focus (e.g. the Friend Request notification), keypresses are eaten until the next click. This addresses window popups causing players to accidentally close a window while typing in it.
Zen Market
New items now have a new "New" indicator.
The "Close" button is now hidden while the player is viewing a large preview image.
The "New" indicator now shows on categories in the Zen Market that have new items in them.

Voice Chat

Players are now properly logged out of voice chat when returning to the Login Screen.

huttj509
2013-06-13, 09:22 AM
a) do we know how DoT damage works differently from how CW spells were working before?

b) No more "The chest is chomping and clacking being a mimic since you're in combat near it?" Awwwww. Was always fun to see that obvious, then see someone run over to open it when combat ended.

Mando Knight
2013-06-13, 11:49 AM
My expectations for the next classes:

1.) Ranger is obvious. Most definitely the archer Ranger for now, though I'll expect a Two-Blade Ranger to come up soon enough.
2.) Warlock will be Fey Pact, not Infernal Pact, at first.
3.) This is because it will coincide with the launch of their Feywild expansion.