PDA

View Full Version : More Archer Builds: Ultimate Arcane Archer

Piggy Knowles
2013-04-30, 06:58 PM
Hey, all,

So, as I continue to update my google doc full of archer builds, I thought I'd put this one up for refining.

(For previous builds posted, see my Song of the White Raven Archer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280628) and my Brilliant Energy Assassin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272942), which also uses Arcane Archer.)

This one is an attempt to combine my favorite archery prestige class (Chameleon) with the Arcane Archer. I've got a version of that already that uses the Races of Destiny variant to qualify as both an elf and a human, but I never liked that one. This is an attempt to do it without alternate rules or special tricks. I'd love some thoughts on how to tighten it up!

BUILD STUB: Half-Elf, Half-Elf Paragon 3/Martial Wizard 1/Cloistered Cleric (Trickery, Planning) 1/Fighter 2/Chameleon 10/Death Delver 1

PROGRESSION:
1. Half-Elf Paragon1- Human Heritage, Able Learner
2. Cloistered Cleric1- Knowledge Devotion, Extend Spell
3. Wizard1- Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
4. Fighter1- Rapid Shot
5. Fighter2- Weapon Focus (longbow)
6. Chameleon1- Persistent Spell
7. Chameleon2-
8. Chameleon3-
9. Chameleon4- Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell)
10. Arcane Archer1-
11. Arcane Archer2-
12. Chameleon5- Extra Turning
13. Chameleon6-
14. Chameleon7-
15. Chameleon8- Extra Turning
16. Chameleon9-
17. Chameleon10-
18. Death Delver1- Extra Turning
19. Half-Elf Paragon2-
20. Half-Elf Paragon3-

This should allow me to persist a ridiculous number of buffs - with five turning pools (cleric, death delver, mimic class feature x3), that's 75 + (5xCha) turn attempts before items. I'm wondering if it doesn't make sense to drop some extra turnings for things like Travel Devotion, for some extra mobility.

As for spells to imbue, the classic is AMF, of course. I can also pick up Control Weather off the shugenja list as a 6th-level spell, and that's a fun one to imbue. Guards and Wards is another.

Any thoughts? I couldn't really figure out what to fill in the last two levels with, which is why I just dumped in HEP (hey, there are worse things than a stat bump and a decent chassis).

Piggy Knowles
2013-05-01, 05:38 PM
Any thoughts?

Here is what I was thinking for a persistent buff list. I'm looking at having 12 spells consistently buffed:

Divine Power
Bite of the Wererat
Swift Haste
Greater Blink
Find the Gap
Inspired Aim
Recitation
Hunter's Eye
Arrow Mind
Cloud of Knives
Master Air
Divine Favor

Maybe replace Swift Haste with Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, although that would eat through my higher level divine spells...

Talionis
2013-05-01, 06:10 PM
You might try Alchemical Savant from Magic of Eberron. When you combine that with Alchemical Arrows, you can combine low level spells into your arrows. This can greatly increase your number of spells cast per round.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281344