PDA

View Full Version : Variant for Sorcerers

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-11-24, 02:57 AM
Variant: Metamagician
Give up: The ability to summon a familiar.
Gain: You gain the innate ability to use metamagic spells to a higher effect. When casting a spell using a metamagic feat you may expend a spell and in doing so may take as many levels higher than the metamagic spell requires minus 1, The spell slot can never be below one above the normal spell level. For example; Hennet wants to cast a widened fireball. So he can expend a third level spell to make his widened fireball only one level above normal. Thus using a 3rd and 4th level spell slot. You can't make a spell higher than 9th level and you can only drop one other spell to apply a feat to the main spell.

--

Kinda just thought of it. I've a feeling it's a bit overpowered, so, your thoughts?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-11-25, 03:13 PM
Bump. No one?

Jack_Simth
2006-11-25, 05:04 PM
So, for two 9th level spell slots, I can Heighten a spell to 17th? Resist THIS

An Empowered Spell Turning for an 8th level and 2nd level spell slots?

A Maximized Delayed Blast Fireball for an 8th and 3rd level spell slot?

Oh, empowered, split, and Maximized Disintigrate for a 9th, 3rd, 4th, and 2nd level spell slot.....

Umm....

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-11-26, 02:21 AM
So, for two 9th level spell slots, I can Heighten a spell to 17th? Resist THIS

An Empowered Spell Turning for an 8th level and 2nd level spell slots?

A Maximized Delayed Blast Fireball for an 8th and 3rd level spell slot?

Oh, empowered, split, and Maximized Disintigrate for a 9th, 3rd, 4th, and 2nd level spell slot.....

Umm....
Okay, maybe I should write this down, but I guess I thought it was a given and was wrong. You can't make a spell higher than 9th level and you can only drop one other spell to apply a feat to the main spell.