PDA

View Full Version : HellBugs : Defiance lets create them!

DrkMagusX
2013-04-30, 11:30 PM
I looking to challenge the community to bring to life the Hellbugs from Scfi's Defiance show and their FPSMMO . I think they would be a interesting encounter the the D&D world.

AWiz_Abroad
2013-05-01, 04:39 AM
So. . . What defines a hell bug?

Scent clearly (pheromones plus no eyes.)
Blindsense, they probably have to know where things like walls are
Earthglide? It's not really specified how they get up into defiance
Spiderclimb at will

The one outside the Castie house didn't seem to use the legs as stabbing weapons, so I think you only need a bite weapon.

Also lots of NA for he Chitin which is why the lightsaber was so effective (brilliant energy ignored the majority of AC

I almost wonder about talking a base creature such as that damn crab and modifying it as per above

thethird
2013-05-01, 04:43 AM
Could anyone describe the hellbugs abilities/skills/attacks etcetera for those that aren't familiar with it?

Asrrin
2013-05-01, 12:27 PM
Could anyone describe the hellbugs abilities/skills/attacks etcetera for those that aren't familiar with it?

A swarm of small-medium (large dog sized), seemingly hive minded, quadruped insectiods with a circular shaped mouth with razor sharp teeth. The swarm is mindless and attacks based on pheromones excreted by the Queen/Mother hellbug, a Huge/Gargantuan sized hellbug that seemed to have eyes or other sensory organ.

They can burrow rapidly through ground, climb walls and ceilings with ease, and only seem to bite, not stab.

lunar2
2013-05-01, 04:02 PM
it's also mentioned that their saliva is very acidic, allowing them to bite through just about anything.

so they need acid damage on the bite, and a note that their bite ignores hardness.

some hellbugs fly, too.

killing the queen leaves the other bugs in the hive docile.

the queen should be huge, not gargantuan. i doubt she was even as big as a large elephant.