PDA

View Full Version : Axeling (undead creature + artifact 3.5 PEACH)

inuyasha
2013-05-01, 06:11 PM
Axeling
Size/Type: Tiny Undead
Hit Dice: 2d12 (13 hp)
Initiative: +8
Speed: 30ft. Climb 20ft. Burrow 10ft.
Armor Class: 20, touch 16, flat-footed 16 (+2 size, +4 dex, +4 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-7
Attack: Claw +3 (1d3)
Full Attack: 2 claws +3 (1d3), bite -2 (1d4)
Space/Reach: 2½ ft./0 ft.
Special Qualities: DR 5/silver
Saves: Fort 0, Ref +4, Will +3
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 18, Con —, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 15
Skills: Spot +5 Listen +5
Feats: Improved initiative
Enviroment: Any
Organization: Solitary or swarm (10-100)
Challange Rating: 2
Treasure: none
Alignment: chaotic evil
Advancement: 2-4 HD tiny 5-6 HD small
Level Adjustment: —
These horrid undead creatures are found in great numbers, anywhere they can be, they are. Axelings were created when the dreaded axe of Dorcathelur
was shattered (see below) and they go around and are constantly trying to look for pieces to recreate the axe. Rumor has it that when all the pieces of the axe are found, Dorcathelur will be reborn and spread his tyrrany and darkness around the world. Axelings appear as small, vaguely humanoid skeletal beings with large bony ears, claws, and sharp teeth.

Combat:
Axelings attack whatever gets in their way, not stopping until they or their opponent is dead, often a swarm of axelings will reduce a single target to a pile of bones.

The axe of Dorcathelur
This +6 human dread unholy power greataxe is the legendary weapon of the now dead Dorcathelur. It was used to do horrible things, and is rumored to have killed over 1000 innocents, and countless more soldiers from the wars that Dorcathelur fought. Once per month it can create an effect equal to a gate spell to the nine hells. And once per day it can fire a blast of utter evil, doing 40D6 damage to any one target within 120 feet (a fortitude save DC 36 halves the damage). And finally, any one creature killed by the axe may be raised as a paragon zombie (the resulting creature cannod have more than 48 hit dice) to serve the wielder, the only exception is that the zombie has an intelligence of 10. Currently the axe is splintered into 30 pieces, 12 have been found by foul cults using axelings as their minions

JoshuaZ
2013-05-01, 08:22 PM
resulting creature cannod.

I'm a little confused on how the creatures and axe are connected. How are the axeling created? Is there a fixed number of them? Are new ones somehow created by pieces of the axe? Also, as given the axelings don't seem to do much and just seem to be very low level generic undead. Maybe giving them something special might make them more interesting, possibly connected to what happened to the axe? Maybe axelings get stronger when there are more of each other around?

Debihuman
2013-05-03, 09:52 AM
Instead of improved initiative, you probably should have given them weapon finesse so their attacks would be worthwhile. These are way weaker than CR 2. I bet CR 1/2 is more in line. They have no special attacks and their only special quality is DR 5/silver, which should really be DR 2/silver because these are only 2 HD monsters.

Debby

00dlez
2013-05-03, 10:21 AM
Instead of improved initiative, you probably should have given them weapon finesse so their attacks would be worthwhile. These are way weaker than CR 2. I bet CR 1/2 is more in line. They have no special attacks and their only special quality is DR 5/silver, which should really be DR 2/silver because these are only 2 HD monsters.

Debby

A good AC and DR... I dunno... I can see a low level party struggling a bit but I suppose you are right - these would only be useful en masse and then one good AoE spell and they are all down.

inuyasha
2013-05-03, 05:17 PM
Woah...sorry bout this. I had a good idea in mind but I was really tired when I posted it (MSP week at school...the test of hell) I am sorry XD