PDA

View Full Version : Wild Mage: What should my Gear Be?

zoobob9
2013-05-01, 07:44 PM
I'm playing a Sorcerer 5/Wild Mage 10/X 1

Yes, I didn't go wizard, but I didn't want to optimize. This character is not meant to be effective, he is meant to be a wild card.

As far as my spells are concerned, I'm just doing whatever the wackiest thing I can find in the PH1. No spell compendium because that's too much bookkeeping.

But I digress

My question: What gear should I have?

As of right now, I'm not near my stuff, but I recall having an Orb of Wonder (Rod of wonder in an orb form,) a Bag of Tricks, a Bag of Holding, the Marble Elephant, a Horn of Valor, A portable Hole, some con boosting stuff, armor...and I'm not sure if I had much else.

I'm considering getting a bag of mice. Like twenty of them. Why? Random Deflector!

Pretty much, any ranged attack that hits me would instead be deflected to someone within 20 feet. That includes me and my allies. And my twenty mice.

What else should I get? I want a staff of something, but what, I'm not certain. I also want to enchant my hat, but I'm not sure what to enchant it with. Any ideas?

Long story short: Wacky and Wackier Items.

Also, I have like over 400k to spend, so they can be expensive.

koboldish
2013-05-01, 08:09 PM
Hat of occasional and incredibly irrated bunny rabbits.
Boots of running really fast occasionaly.
Occasionaly flaming sword.
Etc.

I figure your DM will give you a discount if your items work at random times. If you have enough of them, you will always have something to do. Mabye, like, a 30% chance of working for each one or so?

NeoPhoenix0
2013-05-01, 08:44 PM
maybe get an item to let you fly. wings of flying is a good choice.
if you fly over your enemies they will have a hard time not shooting you and they become a target for your magic deflector.