PDA

View Full Version : Help with the Great and Powerful Oz!

TenguTengu
2013-05-02, 12:44 AM
Hey all! Thanks for taking time to help me out. First time poster!
I just recently went to theaters to see Oz the Great and Powerful. A terrible movie in my humble opinion, but nonetheless got me thinking. How far could one play a character traipsing about as a spell caster without any spell casting ability?

First and foremost, I am working this out in Pathfinder, though if you think of any 3.5 ideas let me know!

So far I have a rogue (carnivalist archetype) which allows me to train a number of tiny animals and allows them to utilize my sneak attacks, slight of hand, etc. as well as bardic fascinate and distract, who deliver my alchemical regents under stealth and circumstance. Special, tricky non-magical items, like boots with spring loaded explosives in the heels, or bracers with bottle rockets, add to the appearance of spell casting. Any crunchy ideas?

Again, thanks for your help.

Sith_Happens
2013-05-02, 03:46 AM
Dragon #335 has a PrC called the Charlatan that's based around using Bluff to pretend to be a caster. So basically, it's "Oz, the PrC."

The Trickster
2013-05-02, 11:50 AM
Off topic...there was a part in the movie where Oz says something along the lines of "We can use some slight of hand! With a little prestidigitation, anything is possible!". I immediately though of D&D.