PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Balthor
2006-11-24, 02:42 PM
Is anyone here on the Alleria server?

Beta
2006-11-24, 04:59 PM
Is anyone here on the Talnivar or Jaedenar server?

The Glyphstone
2006-11-24, 07:14 PM
Nope, Malfurion.

The Orange Zergling
2006-11-24, 09:28 PM
Steamwheedle Cartel FTW.

Reinforcements
2006-11-24, 11:22 PM
Steamwheedle Cartel, Alliance side! Represent!

Balthor
2006-11-25, 10:01 AM
Man. I've see some OOTS quotes flying around in LFG every once in a while, but the people who type them or state that they know they are from OOTS, are never board members.

Tormsskull
2006-11-28, 02:14 PM
....Bronzebeard, Horde Side. Daggerspine, Alliance side.

Balthor
2006-12-02, 11:46 AM
On alleria? or which server?

Tormsskull
2006-12-05, 02:08 PM
On alleria? or which server?

Bronzebeard & Daggerspine are the servers. On Bronzebeard I've got a level 41 Tauren Druid (recently got my mount, big Kodo trumping on through rules).

On Daggerspine I have a variety of characters, highest is 55 human Paladin.

Balthor
2006-12-05, 02:43 PM
ah ah.... heh... thought those were the toon names lol

The Orange Zergling
2006-12-05, 03:28 PM
I'm a naturally slow leveler, unfortunately, I have a 17 paladin on Steamwheedle Cartel, and a 9 gnome warlock on the same server, both in guilds.

If anyone could tell me what is the most effective for getting exp; grinding, questing, other, I'd be very happy.

Psychotic
2006-12-05, 04:39 PM
Shadowsong Horde here.

Tormsskull
2006-12-05, 04:43 PM
I'm a naturally slow leveler, unfortunately, I have a 17 paladin on Steamwheedle Cartel, and a 9 gnome warlock on the same server, both in guilds.

If anyone could tell me what is the most effective for getting exp; grinding, questing, other, I'd be very happy.

Well, make sure you have full rest experience before you are going to set out on long grinding periods. Kill-quests (Give me 9 boar meat f/e) are great for exp because you get the exp for killing the mobs and then for the turn in. I'd suggest getting quests that can be done in the same general area, go out with full rest exp, and then by the time you complete all of the quests and turn in you either have leveled or be very close to.

Paladin's are famous for being able to survive through most anything, but they are not known for dealing out lots of damage (course, there's always exceptions). That generally makes them slower solo levelers. Locks are awesome with the DoTs and so can usually take enemies down pretty quickly.

The Orange Zergling
2006-12-05, 07:00 PM
Well, make sure you have full rest experience before you are going to set out on long grinding periods. Kill-quests (Give me 9 boar meat f/e) are great for exp because you get the exp for killing the mobs and then for the turn in. I'd suggest getting quests that can be done in the same general area, go out with full rest exp, and then by the time you complete all of the quests and turn in you either have leveled or be very close to.

Paladin's are famous for being able to survive through most anything, but they are not known for dealing out lots of damage (course, there's always exceptions). That generally makes them slower solo levelers. Locks are awesome with the DoTs and so can usually take enemies down pretty quickly.

Thank you muchly. I'm trying to do quests in a localized area, but y'know... sometimes WSG calls... :smallsigh:

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-06, 07:59 AM
Boulderfist, Alliance, NE Druid, lvl 60. I also post on the Roleplay forums.

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2006-12-06, 04:46 PM
Feathermoon server. Warlock on the Alliance side.

Tormsskull
2006-12-06, 04:48 PM
Feathermoon server. Warlock on the Alliance side.

Feathermoon, the RP server. When I was doing a lot of Warsong Gulch in the 20-29 and 30-39 brackets I rank into 2 different full-twinked alliance groups. I was shocked seeing that they were on an RP server.

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2006-12-06, 05:50 PM
Yeah. Sad to say, but it happens everywhere. There are a few guilds Horde and Alliance side I know about where their entire purpose and goal is to rule the 10-19, 20-29, and sometimes 30-39 brackets by being completely twinked out in the best rare gear and end-game enchantments money can buy. I usually refer to them as "Playground Bosses". Not everyone on an RP server is there for RP.

Reinforcements
2006-12-07, 11:28 AM
Twinking is the only thing in WoW that really pisses me off. I honestly don't understand why they don't put a level limit on enchantments. No one under level 40 needs Crusader, Lifestealing, or Agility +15, and it would solve most of the twink problem.

Sornas
2006-12-07, 01:11 PM
Kokuun, level 40 priest on the Emerald Dream server. ^_^ Shadow pride!

Balthor
2006-12-07, 10:32 PM
Welll they already put a limit on the disenchanting of item...then they screwed the rest of the game up...the new honor system caters to twinking. you get no honor whatso ever from the BGS, and all those twinks that hand banked hundreds of marks of honor can now go buy awsomely over powered gear. the new LFG is crap too. now say you are playing an alt...maybe around say lvl 24.. and you want to keep an eye out for a group going to Mara. no way of seing that now. Except fot he new lookingforgroup chanell that the players have made and it is being used for such things. they really screwed things up with this patch, but I have it figured out. we are a live test for what they want to do with BC. They are expecting new customers with BC so lets throw this half baked patch out now and see if we can't get all the kinks worked out before the new stuff gets here.... Sorry. My little rant. I hate the new patch if you can't tell

magicmandy
2006-12-07, 11:17 PM
most people seem to hate the new patch from what I heard...

i just cancelled my account, I had multiple level 60's alliance side on silver hand....it was just time.

perhaps in a couple months i'll buy the expansion and look around, but i'm not sure i'll ever get back into it like I did. Life is just more fun than wow.

Beleriphon
2006-12-07, 11:31 PM
Welll they already put a limit on the disenchanting of item...then they screwed the rest of the game up...

Sucks but is good at the same time. You want to disenchant a level 60 item you bloody well better sink the time into getting good at it.

the new honor system caters to twinking. you get no honor whatso ever from the BGS, and all those twinks that hand banked hundreds of marks of honor can now go buy awsomely over powered gear.

Not any worse than those people that put in thousands of hours to get really good vs me who just want to occasionally give it a go. I gave up with PvP because I couldn't sink 8 hours a day into it. I also don't think you realise how the PvP honour system works. As you build honour, from killing stuff or winning BGs, you can buy items with the accumulated honour points. I think it works pretty dang well, and is way better than the previous system.

the new LFG is crap too. now say you are playing an alt...maybe around say lvl 24.. and you want to keep an eye out for a group going to Mara. no way of seing that now. Except fot he new lookingforgroup chanell that the players have made and it is being used for such things.

The new LFG thing is great. I've had at a couple of good PUGs with it. It works on the same principle as the grouping stones outside of instances. Now you can select what they of group you're looking for. From my understanding once you have a group you can begin to specify what classes you want and what levels. The game then automatically picks players based on those criteria who are looking for the same grouping as you are.

Leon
2006-12-08, 10:19 AM

3 Horde/2 Alliance on Bronzebeard
1 Alliance on SWC

Tallis
2006-12-08, 11:25 AM
Mostly I play on Stormrage (alliance), but also Dragonblight (horde), and Gnomeregan (gnomes). Just got my old toons back after I got hacked and am now trying to rebuild them.

Santanya
2006-12-08, 11:43 AM
*pokes about*

Thorium Brotherhood server anyone? Horde Side, or not?

Artanis
2006-12-08, 12:17 PM
I used to have a 60 Hunter on Mannoroth, but quit playing shortly before the Hunter talent-rework due to a variety of factors that stemmed from the game never actually having been able to run on my computer. When I finally got a new computer, I managed to resist giving up my very soul to the Dark God of Life-Consumption that is WoW, and am still "clean" :smallwink:

The Orange Zergling
2006-12-08, 01:38 PM
the new LFG is crap too.

I think otherwise. It's mostly empty, but thats because people havent figured it out yet. I've joined many a good Deadmines group with very little-to-no hassle since the new patch. At least it's better than a global LFG channel.......... :smallfurious:

SilverElf4
2006-12-09, 01:23 PM
Anvilmar, Alliance, Human Paladin 25

Sentinals, Horde, Troll Shaman 24

I don't think there is any such thing as casual PvP, and thats true anywhere in and out of WoW. If you wanna test your skills against the mob, you better let it all hang out.

Me, I'm a casual gamer, so I do very little PvP, and I have found the new patch to be worth the time it took to download it. Nobody has commented on the new graphics, the new talents and free rebuild, or the new pet upgrades. All good stuff IMHO

BC - can't believe it will be January before it hits...how do you miss Christmas like that? Yikes... But then again, we all know the only real reason that BC is dropping is so that Horde will finally have decent toons to look at, which will even out the "immature male playing scantily clad female elf" population FTW.

Cubey
2006-12-09, 01:57 PM
the new honor system caters to twinking. you get no honor whatso ever from the BGS, and all those twinks that hand banked hundreds of marks of honor can now go buy awsomely over powered gear.

Are you sure you know what you're talking about? You can't bank hundreds of marks of honor, they are soulbound and used to stack at 20 for each character before the patch. Now they are on 100/character. And even should a twink buy overpowered gear, they won't be able to use it - PvP items require level 60, aside from little things like potions, battle banners or +8 sta necklaces.

I LIKE the new honor system. I am what you'd call a casual player, so there'd be no chance I'd get anything better than a combat healing potion from PvP before the patch. Now I'm looking forward to getting the whole rare-quality PvP set. Of course it will take me a lot longer than for a hardcore PvPer to get that - but at least it's possible!

Don't know about the LFG system, didn't use it yet. But I think it will make it more hassle-free to find groups, it's annoying you can't go looking for non-elite quests (what? some of them are hard!) or grey quests/dungeons.

Like the new talents. Made my warrior a much more effective fighting machine. Can't wait for TBC, either.

Overall, I like the new patch. I consider those who whine about it to be ingrates who can't even appreciate Blizzard's work.

Oh, and I play on Argent Dawn. European though.

Balthor
2006-12-09, 03:54 PM
My problem with the new pvp system is that for those of us who ground out the honor it took to make sgt to get the cool cloak, all it takes now is 10 wins and 206 honor. that is so easy to get its not funny. Same for the cpls insignia. It just makes twinking that much easier, and you get more faction honor now too it seems. so you can buy facton specific pvp gear sooner too. I think its a shame that they turned the time people put into gaining rep into a joke. LFG is severly broke. The global LFG while hated by many was very usefull. you had an open chanel to the world for help. and If you type /join Lookingforgroup you will find that a great many other people miss it too.

Cubey
2006-12-09, 04:13 PM
Well, I was a Sergeant at mid 30s, so I really don't think the insignia and the cloak are so elite or hard to get.

Faction-specific PVP awards are changed as well. They require more than just reputation - marks and honor points, just like everything else. And still most of them require level 60.

The Orange Zergling
2006-12-09, 07:43 PM
I got Corporal at level 20 on my NE hunter. Never bothered with the PvP gear though, always turned in the marks for rep and exp...

Just so I'm clear- twinking means having gear/enchants that you normally shouldnt get at your level, right? Technically it's legal, but not possible without help from others, ya?

Beleriphon
2006-12-10, 12:34 AM
My problem with the new pvp system is that for those of us who ground out the honor it took to make sgt to get the cool cloak, all it takes now is 10 wins and 206 honor. that is so easy to get its not funny. Same for the cpls insignia

Which was lame. The only way that you could get any decent gear was to grind faction by spending more hours per week on PvP then I work at a job. Now it means that even a casual player eventually has a chance to get that stuff. As for sergeant I took me a PvP weekend and three wins.

neriana
2006-12-10, 12:49 AM
My problem with the new pvp system is that for those of us who ground out the honor it took to make sgt to get the cool cloak, all it takes now is 10 wins and 206 honor. that is so easy to get its not funny. Same for the cpls insignia. It just makes twinking that much easier, and you get more faction honor now too it seems. so you can buy facton specific pvp gear sooner too. I think its a shame that they turned the time people put into gaining rep into a joke. LFG is severly broke. The global LFG while hated by many was very usefull. you had an open chanel to the world for help. and If you type /join Lookingforgroup you will find that a great many other people miss it too.

It would be silly not to improve a system because other people suffered and beat the old system. By that logic, it's not "fair" that we get overtime and 8-hour days when our ancestors had to work in the coal mines 16 hours a day for a pittance.

I left the worldwide LFG channel. Actually, I don't know anyone in the game who didn't. It was completely broken, people just used it to chat, and always about the stupidest things, of course. It was like a worldwide Barrens or, worse, Goldshire chat.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-10, 06:02 AM
Barrens chat is worse than Goldshire chat. Goldshire is just a bunch of lvl 60 dueling, Barrens is of all levels talking about complete nonsense then insulting each other, stuff like that makes you proud to be Alliance. Until you meet Horde pvpers and you wished you had stayed Horde.

Logic
2006-12-10, 06:09 AM
While Barrens is the one downside to the Horde I have encountered, my image of the Alliance player coming straight from a mold has yet to be broken.
Thus far, all Alliance players I have met would give many barrens dwellers a run for their money in insulting and profanity.

neriana
2006-12-10, 11:36 AM
Barrens chat is worse than Goldshire chat. Goldshire is just a bunch of lvl 60 dueling, Barrens is of all levels talking about complete nonsense then insulting each other, stuff like that makes you proud to be Alliance. Until you meet Horde pvpers and you wished you had stayed Horde.

Uh, no. Goldshire chat is filled with people whining, arguing, whining some more, offering to dance naked for gold, and whining yet again. Barrens is just people being dumb, usually to tick other people off. Goldshire is a whole different level. Basically, do you prefer your idiots to be spoiled teenagers (Alliance) or rude dorks (Horde). We've all got idiots, but I'll take the rude dorks any day.

Plus, you can just /leave the general chat channel in the Barrens, and it's all good. In Goldshire, there's tremendous lag from characters of ALL levels dueling and the naked dancing.

I meet a lot of people irl who play this game, working in a video game store. Alliance does have some good people. But every really cool person I meet plays Horde. Ever single jerk I have talked to irl so far who plays the game, plays Alliance. And whines about... well, everything, really.

Tormsskull
2006-12-11, 08:44 AM
Well, I'm some-what of a hardcore PVPers on my Druid. I haven't done any BGs yet since the patch (level 44, I like to enter closer to the top of the bracket), and I am already 1/3rd of the way through the revered bar to Exalted (for Warsong). I was hoping to be Exalted @ level 40, but the only cool thing you got for it was an epic bracer.

If they made it easier to get rep &'ll be happy until I get Exalted, at which point I'll be made because everyone else will get to Exalted easier than I had too :smalltongue:.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-11, 09:29 AM
Well, I'm some-what of a hardcore PVPers on my Druid. I haven't done any BGs yet since the patch (level 44, I like to enter closer to the top of the bracket), and I am already 1/3rd of the way through the revered bar to Exalted (for Warsong). I was hoping to be Exalted @ level 40, but the only cool thing you got for it was an epic bracer.

If they made it easier to get rep &'ll be happy until I get Exalted, at which point I'll be made because everyone else will get to Exalted easier than I had too :smalltongue:. Druids are awesomely fun to play in the BGs. Especially Warsong Gulch. I played a warlock on the test realms a pew patches ago and that was pretty cool as well. But I like my druid.

SilverElf4
2006-12-12, 07:56 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I'll ask here.

I play in a group that includes myself, my brother, and a friend of ours. Due to recent events, I'm now 5 levels behind our friend (mage) and a level behind my bro (warrior). I'm a paladin and so responsible for healing our little trio most of the time.

But I need to significantly raise my DPS if I'm going to catch up with them in levels. I was specced out in Holy to up my healing, but I'm thinking that with the free re-spec from the patch, I may move to retribution for Seal of Command, the Judgement timer decrease and the extra 5% crit. Is that the best route for upping my DPS?

Secondarily, am I going to have to re-spec holy once I catch up to be able to heal effectively again, or is it a lost cause, ie, we basically are going to need a priest/druid at some point? Currently I'm 25, the War is 26 , and the Mage is 78 xp from 30. :smallmad:

Reinforcements
2006-12-12, 08:44 PM
SilverElf4 - Yes, the Retribution tree is the best route for getting DPS with a paladin. Not being Holy does damage your healing ability, though - you might get away with putting just 11 points in Ret to get Seal of Command and then going Holy, but it still won't be great. Paladin's are far worse healers than priests and druids, and honestly, with this patch's changes they finally make decent tanks. Also make sure you get Verigan's Fist ASAP if you haven't already (or if you've gotten something better, but at 25 I doubt it).

Balthor
2006-12-14, 01:28 PM
Verigins is a must for the pally at 20. Well... I got mine at 20, but I had help. A druid, a tank and a rogue some lvl as me willing to run vc to shreader , sfk to courtyard and such.

The Orange Zergling
2006-12-14, 05:25 PM
Well... the trailer for Burning Crusade is out and viewable (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/movies.html#), and looks awsome... [littlechildvoice]IwannitIwannitIwannitIwannit...[/voice]

Crazy_Uncle_Doug
2006-12-14, 06:12 PM
Uh, no. Goldshire chat is filled with people whining, arguing, whining some more, offering to dance naked for gold, and whining yet again. Barrens is just people being dumb, usually to tick other people off. Goldshire is a whole different level. Basically, do you prefer your idiots to be spoiled teenagers (Alliance) or rude dorks (Horde). We've all got idiots, but I'll take the rude dorks any day.

Plus, you can just /leave the general chat channel in the Barrens, and it's all good. In Goldshire, there's tremendous lag from characters of ALL levels dueling and the naked dancing.

Eh. At least Alliance-side, once you're done with Goldshire you need never return (unless you're an Enchanter). The Barrens quests last an awful long time. To me, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. I know great people Alliance side that are a positive force in the game, and total asshats in the Horde and vice versa. It's all a matter of perspective. Just remember one of CUD's Rules of Life: No matter where you go, you'll find idiots. If you can't learn to love 'em, at least learn to tolerate 'em.

neriana
2006-12-14, 11:05 PM
Eh. At least Alliance-side, once you're done with Goldshire you need never return (unless you're an Enchanter). The Barrens quests last an awful long time. To me, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. I know great people Alliance side that are a positive force in the game, and total asshats in the Horde and vice versa. It's all a matter of perspective. Just remember one of CUD's Rules of Life: No matter where you go, you'll find idiots. If you can't learn to love 'em, at least learn to tolerate 'em.

Yes, that is very true. I really have found a different quality to the idiots on each side, though. It's all personal taste; I can deal with people being intentionally obnoxious and stupid better than I can with people, oh, dancing naked for gold or otherwise being unintentionally obnoxious and stupid.

Of course, when the Hoard gets stuck with the Blood Elves, all bets are off.

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-16, 06:11 AM
I'm going to make a male blood elf when the expansion comes out just so I can do the dance :smallredface: They screwed up the model though :smallmad: and I hope they change it back :smallsigh: but I'll be making one anyway. The dance is too awesome in my opinion to not make one :smalltongue:

Sammo21
2006-12-16, 06:26 AM
I'm on Dalaran server (an east coast server) and I'm in clan Spartans.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-16, 09:10 AM
I'm going to make a male blood elf when the expansion comes out just so I can do the dance :smallredface: They screwed up the model though :smallmad: and I hope they change it back :smallsigh: but I'll be making one anyway. The dance is too awesome in my opinion to not make one :smalltongue:

Yay for Napolean Dynamite. Why does everyone say they messed up the model, I have not noticed a differance between them and the first screenshots.

Reinforcements
2006-12-16, 10:54 AM
Yay for Napolean Dynamite. Why does everyone say they messed up the model, I have not noticed a differance between them and the first screenshots.
They made the blood elf males bigger and more muscular. I'm someone who isn't happy about this, but I don't think it's really a big deal.

SilverElf4
2006-12-16, 11:06 AM
SilverElf4 - Yes, the Retribution tree is the best route for getting DPS with a paladin. Not being Holy does damage your healing ability, though - you might get away with putting just 11 points in Ret to get Seal of Command and then going Holy, but it still won't be great. Paladin's are far worse healers than priests and druids, and honestly, with this patch's changes they finally make decent tanks. Also make sure you get Verigan's Fist ASAP if you haven't already (or if you've gotten something better, but at 25 I doubt it).

Yeah we've discussed letting me tank and just worry about healing my self and the warrior and mage tag teaming on damage.

I haven't respecced yet though. I got my hands on a Brutal War Axe of the Eagle and suddenly I'm doing *alot* more damage.

But what's this Verigan's Fist?

I also have a druid at 21 but I really didn't like playing it. But I was doing the path to Moonkin and that wasn't working for me. Maybe if I went back and specced him Restoration I'd have a little more fun with it. Though that messes with our 2 up 1 back combat tactics.

ETA: Nevermind, figured out Verigan's Fist and have the quest...

DarkLightDragon
2006-12-17, 10:18 AM
They made the blood elf males bigger and more muscular. I'm someone who isn't happy about this, but I don't think it's really a big deal. But EVERY! SINGLE! OTHER! male race in the game is big and muscular... I don't find it fair that they did that to blood elves :smallmad:

SilverElf4
2006-12-17, 01:30 PM
But EVERY! SINGLE! OTHER! male race in the game is big and muscular... I don't find it fair that they did that to blood elves :smallmad:

Eh...gnomes are neither. And some are just big more so than muscular (Tauren, and Drenai it looks like will be that way as well). Besides, what fluff text said that blood elves were weak and emaciated? Just because they are dependent on magic doesn't make them Raistlin-eque wannabees.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-17, 05:10 PM
Well they had to have one or the other. I would prefer the characters like mages look too strong than classes like Warriors looking too weak.

neriana
2006-12-17, 06:14 PM
The other races' males don't look strong. They look like balloon animals. Grumpy, old and ugly balloon animals. Except for tauren and gnomes.

Mr._Wilson
2006-12-24, 12:22 AM
So, after fighting the temptation since MMORPGs came out, I had been waffling back and forth about joining the game. My cousin loves it and had been working me over since summer, and sensing my waffling at our weekly tabletop RPG session, bought me the game and a 2 month subscription for Xmas.

I've two characters now, both Troll Hunters (one for solo, one with my cousin), and I can see that this I'm going to have to be careful not to let myself get carried away with it. I can see how it earned the nickname, "Warcrack".

I'm not a huge fan of the grinding aspects, but I do enjoy the quests. Question though, are hunters generally less poweful builds than the other classes? It seemed as if I was quite below the power of his same level Troll Shaman while we were playing together.

Of course, I've only played for a grand total of 8 hours so far, so my impressions are just based on quick glances.

Reinforcements
2006-12-24, 12:41 AM
So, after fighting the temptation since MMORPGs came out, I had been waffling back and forth about joining the game. My cousin loves it and had been working me over since summer, and sensing my waffling at our weekly tabletop RPG session, bought me the game and a 2 month subscription for Xmas.

I've two characters now, both Troll Hunters (one for solo, one with my cousin), and I can see that this I'm going to have to be careful not to let myself get carried away with it. I can see how it earned the nickname, "Warcrack".

I'm not a huge fan of the grinding aspects, but I do enjoy the quests. Question though, are hunters generally less poweful builds than the other classes? It seemed as if I was quite below the power of his same level Troll Shaman while we were playing together.

Of course, I've only played for a grand total of 8 hours so far, so my impressions are just based on quick glances.
You really can't judge power level that low. Especially if you're under level 10 - hunters SUCK before they get their pets. Having something to keep enemies at arm's length so you can use your gun or bow is a must for hunters.

Poison_Fish
2006-12-24, 01:20 AM
I recently rejoined the game after leaving it many months ago.

Oh god did I seem to miss it. But I never played all to obsessively. It always gave me something to do while in waiting. I play on Cenerion Circle here, either horde or alliance, mostly since i have friends on both sides.

Cubey
2006-12-24, 06:25 AM

Don't worry, contrary to what critics say, you do not have to grind in WoW. Quests and drops from instance bosses give enough gold and gear, although I must warn you that SOME quests might require a bit of grinding, because of the abyssmal drop rate of quest items they require. I simply ignore them though - "So mr. Night Elf, the tablet you want me to get has a 3% drop rate from elite mobs? You know what - forget it." And I do not feel underpowered due to that choice.

Hunters are REALLY weak at low levels, because they do not have pets to keep aggro of them, and neither do they have Wing Clip to slow down an enemy if it comes too close. They get much stronger later on. Shamans - the other way around: they start off as strong, but are probably the weakest class at endgame.

Logic
2006-12-24, 06:47 AM
Shamans - the other way around: they start off as strong, but are probably the weakest class at endgame.
As of the current patch. However, this hasn't always been the case.

patricio
2006-12-24, 03:02 PM
Vek'Nelish server, 39 Shadow priest for the horde and 25 Shammy!

Lilivati
2006-12-25, 02:09 AM
Feathermoon, 60 night elf hunter, 60 night elf druid, various alts :)

ghost_warlock
2006-12-28, 11:14 AM
I only just started playing about a week ago and I haven't put too much time into it. I have a level 15 human rogue on Bladefist and a few other lower-level characters on the same server (highest second is a human warlock, 6th). I have a single gnome warlock (5th?) on Shadow Council. I don't have any characters on PvP servers and I generally ignore duel challenges.

Mr._Wilson
2006-12-29, 06:43 AM
Both my characters are on Bladefist, which I found out was an European Server this morning. I live in Ohio. But hey, that's where Blizzard suggested I play. Right now, level 16 Troll Hunter (main) and a level 8 Troll Hunter (alt I use with my cousin).

I'm gonna try out an Ally sooner or later. Just haven't decided what I want to be.

ghost_warlock
2006-12-29, 07:18 AM
Both my characters are on Bladefist, which I found out was an European Server this morning. I live in Ohio. But hey, that's where Blizzard suggested I play. Right now, level 16 Troll Hunter (main) and a level 8 Troll Hunter (alt I use with my cousin).

I'm gonna try out an Ally sooner or later. Just haven't decided what I want to be.
On Bladefist I've got a troll shaman and an orc warrior but I haven't played them much, I think the troll is 2nd or 3rd level and the orc is 4th. I really only made the orc as a bit of a holiday gag - his name is "Hogfather" and he's got a long, white beard! :smallbiggrin:

If you ever get around to making that Alliance character, look me up. I've got a Night Elf druid named Summergreen (haven't played much) and my primary character is a human rogue named Cyanblade. I've been working a lot on increasing my professions and skills lately so I hang around a lot in the Goldenshire area when I'm not otherwise grinding/questing in Westfall. My next goal is to increase my unarmed combat so I'm probably going to head to the vineyard South of the Abbey to pummel some Defias Brotherhood members. :smallsmile:

My only Ironforge character is on the Shadow Council server.

Blood
2007-01-06, 03:23 PM
I like the game, and I have fun playing it, but I find that running the same instances over and over and killing the same monsters continuously gets boring. And there really isn't another way to get exp and loot.

What I really love about WoW is how if you are in an argument with another person, whether or not you're winning, they'll attack you personally and insult everything about you, call you a "noob," and then claim that their side of the argument is correct.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-06, 03:29 PM
I tried the 10 day trial out a few weeks ago. Quite frankly, I wasn't too impressed. Yeah the graphics are nice. But the game is all hack and slash quests, and nothing more. On top of that, there is next to no roll playing at all, unless you are in a guild, and even then it's very few people who are actually playing in character.

Crazy Owl
2007-01-06, 03:50 PM
So? Ive tried nearly every MMO made by the big companies like Blizzard and no one roleplays on them, ever.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-06, 03:57 PM
my point is that if they're called rpg's but there's no roleplaying involved. What you do and say have no effect what so ever. Where as persistent worlds of NWN do indeed have role playing, and how you interact with the characters there does alter what happens in the game. Yes, crazy you are correct, but all that does is make them hack and slash games with really good graphics (and bad engines in the case of DDO).

Tengu
2007-01-06, 04:17 PM
1. Have you joined an RP server? Have you been past the first area? There's usually not much roleplaying on those, but more in, for example, the capitals.

2. What, apart from H&S quests, did you expect? What other MMORPGs have what you expected but didn't find in WoW?

I know that roleplaying and world interaction is much better in NWN 1&2, having played and loved them myself... but they are not MMORPGs.

Leon
2007-01-07, 12:04 AM
So? Ive tried nearly every MMO made by the big companies like Blizzard and no one roleplays on them, ever.

i disagree, i see a large amount of Roleplay on the RP servers - the other servers not so much but it is still there