PDA

View Full Version : Outsider Templates?

Deaxsa
2013-05-02, 08:57 AM
Edit: please ignore this thread, another template thread s going around, and i'm just going to look through that one

Noticed that most common templates are restricted to humanoids, giant, animals, and magical beasts (and maybe vermin too).

1. Are there any outsider templates?

2. Could a humanoid-ish outsider (such as an aasimar) take a humanoid template by RAW? Or would this require dm fiat?

inuyasha
2013-05-02, 09:16 AM
the only ones I can think of are from 3rd party sources (but balanced and cool ones at that)

check out goodmans book of templates, and ronins advanced bestiary. Almost all of those templates can be added to outsiders.

Deaxsa
2013-05-02, 09:31 AM
the only ones I can think of are from 3rd party sources (but balanced and cool ones at that)

check out goodmans book of templates, and ronins advanced bestiary. Almost all of those templates can be added to outsiders.

I'll look it up, thanks.

Talya
2013-05-02, 09:42 AM
you just want templates that can be applied to outsiders? does it matter if they can be applied to almost anything?

"Half-celestial" is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal creature with an Intelligence score of 4 or higher and nonevil alignment (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Deaxsa
2013-05-02, 09:53 AM
you just want templates that can be applied to outsiders? does it matter if they can be applied to almost anything?

it does not.however, acquired templates are what I'm really looking for here.