PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts build idea.

Metahuman1
2013-05-02, 09:02 AM
Ok, so, a though recently occurred to me.

The Tashlorana or what ever feat it was that makes monk stack with the psionic classes. What if we used swordsage instead of monk on that feat with either Arden or Psi-Warrior?

If so, what would it advance on both sides? And what would be worth while add on's?

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-05-02, 09:47 AM
Uh... it works in the meaning that the build is legit. Your prequisites don't require monk levels, and unarmed swordsage is supposed to advance their unarmed damage like a monk. Using swordsage, even the unarmed version, is probably not as good, though, because you will not gain later maneuvers, the best part of swordsage. Plus, 2 levels of monk gains you 2 bonus feats, evasion, decisive strike or flurry, and high saves. 2 levels of swordsage gains you maneuvers, which strikes can't be used with many powers, and only some good boosts. The stance is nice, but most can be duplicated.

Metahuman1
2013-05-02, 09:13 PM
What if we inverted it? Psi-Warrior 2 and Swordsage 18?

I'd lose some Psi-warrior bonus feats but I'd still come out with 19th lvl martial initiator ability right? And I'd also get all my Psionic Manifesting at the same time, correct?