PDA

View Full Version : Building a bad guy

questionmark693
2013-05-02, 01:22 PM
So this is half thought exercise, half me building an end game boss for a group I DM. He's a gestalt character that so far looks like this:

Beguiler/Wizard
Factotum/Wizard
Factotum/Wizard
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/Ultimate Magus
Factotum/
Factotum/
Factotum/
Factotum/
Factotum/
Factotum/
Factotum/

Factotum is so high because I wanted the ability to emulate class features. Is taking a hit to spell casting like this going to be worth it though? Thoughts? Ideas?

Deaxsa
2013-05-02, 02:59 PM
there's this (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/rTKEivnsYuZrh94H1Sn.html), which might be useful to you. it might not though. as a personal pet peeve, i must ask: is the party gestalt? because if they are not that is pretty cheesy (imho).

edit: also, the more information the better. right now all we know is that it's a 20'th level character who is supposed to be a boss. that is a HUUUUGE category, narrow it down for us please.

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-05-02, 03:52 PM
After Ultimate Magus, you have the option of going into chameleon. That would really make him versatile. You want him to have 9th level wizard casting for annoyance, so go chameleon 3 or something.

questionmark693
2013-05-02, 04:41 PM
That party is not gestalt, but I kind if want this guy to be a pseudo god in comparison to them. And honestly, all that's for sure right now is I want him powerful, and I like magic. A lot. Any books are ok though.