PDA

View Full Version : Help Refining Small Adventuring Party

EmperorSarda
2013-05-02, 03:00 PM
Hello, I would like some help refining one of the characters (because I only have one done at the moment) I am developing for a couple friends' evil campaign. Essentially the characters I am making are facing off against a lich, some uber-Barbarian dude (I don't know the build, I only know the barbarian character can get 200 damage off an attack maybe once a day), a Shadow dragon and a fang dragon. Plus assorted unintelligent undead fodder and maybe some intelligent undead minions. The four characters are to be 14th level, with a free +1 LA for templates/races. (His words, a level adjustment buydown of one). So they actually can be 15th ECL each.

It's actually going to be a 5 character party, someone else is making a half dragon mage slayer. So the main tank is taken care of.

Cleric:

Class: Cleric 6/Radiant Servant Pelor 8
Race: Aasimar
HP: 65
Stats (28 point buy):
Strength: 10
Dex: 10
Con: 10
Wisdom: 27 (Periapt of wisdom +4)
Charisma: 12

Fortitude: +14 (Cloak of Resistance +4)
Reflex: +9
Will: +25

AC: 24. (+4 Deathward full plate armor(For total of +12), buckler +1, Dex +1)
Skills:
Concentration: 17 Ranks
Heal: 5 ranks
Knowledge Religion: 9 ranks
Spellcraft: 3 ranks

Domains: Good, Sun and Glory
Feats:
Extra Turning
Quicken Spell
Divine Metamagic(Heighten spell) (Comp Div 80)
Domain Spontaneity(Good) (Comp Div 80)
Unquenchable flame of faith

Though... I am hesitant on the Divine Metamagic spell. Thinking I could make it Quicken Turning or Divine Energy Focus.

Also, what are some other good AC enhancing, negative energy protection, anti-dragon stuff that would be good to have? Are there any items that have a stoneskin enhancement on them? Or a mass stoneskin spell?

Deaxsa
2013-05-02, 03:38 PM
wait... how are the saves so astronomical when you have such mediocre stats and only +4? are there items you are not telling us about? spells? or is it from class abilities?

EmperorSarda
2013-05-02, 04:21 PM
wait... how are the saves so astronomical when you have such mediocre stats and only +4? are there items you are not telling us about? spells? or is it from class abilities?

Whoops, the reflext save should be +9, not +19. Sorry. Thanks for catching that.

Barsoom
2013-05-02, 04:32 PM
AC can be easily 26, without magic items and without trying too hard. +8 Full Plate, +2 shield, +3 Magic Vestment on the armor, +3 Magic Vestment on the shield. Those things last all day...

I'd give him Highten Turning and Divine Spell Power. He can now cast several key spells per day at Caster Level +4.

EmperorSarda
2013-05-03, 06:25 PM
I'd give him Highten Turning and Divine Spell Power. He can now cast several key spells per day at Caster Level +4.

Wow. 1d20 + 14 (cleric spell level) + 5(character's turn bonus) to increase the caster level of spells. Just on a roll of one that increases the caster level by 4. Goodness, this makes Holy Word that much more powerful. Crazy.