PDA

View Full Version : Trouble calculating flurry of blows

John Joe Johnso
2013-05-02, 03:16 PM
Sup guys, this is John Joe Johnso and welcome to my first post! Anyway, here's the question.

What is the full attack for a level 5 Fighter/level 2 Monk with a Kama? Flurry of blows confuses me, but if I had to guess it'd be +4/+4/-1.

Also, what is the full attack for a level 5 Fighter/level 2 Monk using Two-Weapon Fighting with two kamas (with TWF feat?) My guess is +2/+2(flurry'd kama)/+2(offhand)/-3

Edit: I just realized that this belongs in a different section of the forums.

Devils_Advocate
2013-05-08, 07:22 PM
What is the full attack for a level 5 Fighter/level 2 Monk with a Kama? Flurry of blows confuses me, but if I had to guess it'd be +4/+4/-1.
Yep. One step at a time: +6/+1 from BAB; -2 from flurrying gives +4/-1; extra attack from flurrying gives +4/+4/-1.

Also, what is the full attack for a level 5 Fighter/level 2 Monk using Two-Weapon Fighting with two kamas (with TWF feat?) My guess is +2/+2(flurry'd kama)/+2(offhand)/-3
Yep. One step at a time: Flurrying gives +4/+4/-1, as described above; -2 from TWFing gives +2/+2/-3; extra attack from TWFing gives +2/+2/+2/-3.

ericgrau
2013-05-08, 09:43 PM
Devil's advocate is correct. I'll add that when dealing damage you won't have so many actual hits thanks to the lowered attack bonus. But your strategy works great with kamas used to trip instead, because tripping is a touch attack. Then the foe will have -4 AC and you'll get some decent damage too. Improved trip helps of course, as do potions of enlarge person. Sorry if that was your plan all along.