PDA

View Full Version : A hard day. Death of a pet.

Alejandro
2013-05-02, 06:21 PM
My girlfriend and I have had a Siamese kitty since he was a kitten. Sadly, he developed lymphoma, and there was nothing more we could do for him, despite being only 5. We took him to be put to sleep, but in one last act of defiance, he decided to go into heart failure before they could even fit the catheter, dying on his own terms. But, we got to say goodbye.

It made me feel better to write about it. Thank you for all the fun times, Bamf.

Grinner
2013-05-02, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you all are doing well. :smallfrown:

Temotei
2013-05-02, 07:03 PM
I feel you, man. My puppy died two and a half weeks ago and I'm still torn up about him. Only nine. :smallfrown:

Kitty brought you happy times and he'd like you to keep up with the happy. Do that.

Analytica
2013-05-02, 07:23 PM
:smallfrown:

Take his favourite toys. If you bury him, send one with him. Give the others to new kittens to play with.

valadil
2013-05-02, 07:53 PM
Sorry to hear it. We had to put our hedgehog down a few months ago and it was awful. I'm mostly over it but every so often something reminds me of him and I want to go cry in the corner.

angrymudcrab
2013-05-02, 10:11 PM
Poor kitty.:smallfrown: At least he was with a loving family during his life. May he frolic in catnip for eternity.:smallfrown:

BWR
2013-05-03, 02:10 AM
My deepest sympathies.
Our own little kitty got a brain tumor and had to be killed. Two years later and I'm still missing her immensely.

Isak
2013-05-03, 02:41 AM
I just lost my 5 year old kitty too :smallfrown:

He very suddenly developed Diabetes, and we didn't catch it until it was far too late. We gave him the best life he could have ever wanted, and had a loving family right up until the very end. That's all a pet can ever ask for.

Asta Kask
2013-05-03, 04:03 AM
I'm sad for you.

I still miss my Castor who died January 2nd. But I have two new cats now, and it really helps. It's never the same, but it's wonderful in a new way.

:smallfrown:

Darth Credence
2013-05-03, 10:27 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, Alejandro. Pets do so much for us, and it sucks that their lives are so much shorter than ours.

Killer Angel
2013-05-03, 12:58 PM
Ouch, that hurts. :smallfrown:
This needs a hug and some back-patting... you have my sympathy.

Hyena
2013-05-03, 01:14 PM
That's... major bad. Horrible, in fact. I hope you will be fine.
My pet died too. My parents told be they had him given away to another people, because they wanted the dog so much while my young nephew hates it. I was able to figure out the truth anyway and turned out to be correct.

Karoht
2013-05-03, 01:51 PM
Our pudgy kitty named Loki passed a few years back.
Super nice cat, very social, very talky, never made trouble of any kind even with his bratty sisters.
He was our little lion.
His mother just passed this Christmas.

Shhalahr Windrider
2013-05-03, 06:01 PM
We took him to be put to sleep, but in one last act of defiance, he decided to go into heart failure before they could even fit the catheter, dying on his own terms.

The way you describe it, sounds like such stubbornness was pretty typical.

Lycan 01
2013-05-03, 06:03 PM
My condolences and sympathies. :smallfrown:

Socratov
2013-05-08, 01:21 PM
My condolences. It's beena few years since my dog died (others have followed, but i never had bonded as much with my dog) the only worse thing thing is seeing your pet in the process of dieing. Currently my pet is showing cancerous lumps in the lymphnodes.

I feel your pain.

Em Blackleaf
2013-05-12, 07:19 PM
My aunt and uncle's dog Heaven, whom we all loved as our own dog, died a few years ago from what seemed to be sheer depression at the loss of her best friend, their other dog, Comet. I loved both of those dogs (even though Comet didn't like anyone but my aunt :smalltongue:) and it's just nature's greatest cruelty that our pets don't last anywhere near as long as we do. :smallfrown:

One of my best friends has an old German Shepherd; we both love that dog like a best friend but he's gaining on 11 now and her dad moved to Arizona with him, so I may not see my favorite dog very much.

I'm gonna get a dog soon as I move out of my cramped little apartment and my daddy's considering getting a little dog for himself and my mom, so I'll finally have some dogs of my own (instead of mooching off friends and family :smalltongue:). We'd definitely get cats because we love them, but my boyfriend is severely allergic. :/

Sylthia
2013-05-12, 08:14 PM
Sorry to hear that. My wife had to have her dog put down a few months ago, and it was a tough time.