PDA

View Full Version : Savage seas character build help

Mortemor138
2013-05-02, 08:35 PM
My friends and I will be starting a Savage Seas campaign sometime in the near future, and I have been thinking of making a Locathah. I was wondering if anyone knew of a class that they did well in as well with any advice I could get on playing a Locathah. This will only be the second campaign I've played in 3.5 so I am still new at all this. Thank you for your help.

CyberThread
2013-05-02, 08:49 PM
So lets break this down

Loc get

1d8 racial +1 LA so two wasted levels

From that we get ...+3 Natrual armor +2 dex + 2 wis +2 int

10ft land speed 60ft swim speed

Fort +3, Ref +1, Will +1

It has 18 skill points, when it should only have 12 so, figure out where those 6 points come from . Even if you include the extra RHD, it has 3 extra skill point, but am not, so 12.

So by this, you are sort of in a wierd spot, with casting stats but taking RHD on top of LA. If I had to suggest a base class, I want to say beguiler.

How many levels are you creating with, and I will look into PRC's.

Mortemor138
2013-05-02, 08:59 PM
We haven't gotten that far yet but I would assume between 1-5. So um new kid question. What is a beguiler?

CyberThread
2013-05-02, 09:04 PM
okay better question, what is your desire to play this race?

what books is your DM allowing you to use?

Mortemor138
2013-05-02, 09:23 PM
Mostly I thought it would be a fun race to play in the mostly water based campaign. As for the books I think as long as we the players have it on easy reference for any questions that may come up its ok.

Zombulian
2013-05-02, 09:31 PM
Um if you want to be a fishman that's fine, but there are plenty of other cool Sea-Based races too. Aventi (Atlantians) and Darfellan (Quirky Orca-folk) from Stormwrack are pretty cool. Also Sea Kin (uh, more fish-like than Aventi I guess) from Races of Destiny.

CyberThread
2013-05-02, 09:36 PM
with how new this person is, and if you really want underwater, I would suggest instead

Merfolk as characters

Dex +2, Con +2, Cha +2
Medium size
Type: Humanoid (Aquatic)
Base speed 5 ft. (1 square), swim 50 ft. (+8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line)
Special qualities: low-light vision
Amphibious: Merfolk can breathe both air and water
Automatic Languages: Common and Aquan
Favored class: bard
Level adjustment: +1

Mortemor138
2013-05-02, 10:12 PM
I don't have to have an underwater character because from what I've been told there is a bit of being on a boat so merfolk would be kind of be a hassle. I'm open to really any suggestion of race/class. But if need be i can start another thread so as not to break any rules.

Zombulian
2013-05-02, 10:47 PM
Meh you can probably just edit the title of the thread so as not to waste space.
Also, boats make me think pirates. Pirates make me think pirate MONKEYS. Hadozee from Stormwrack are hilarious.