PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ways to count as being aberration type

Black_Zawisza
2013-05-02, 10:34 PM
I'm trying to find a way to Alter Self into a Choker (which, combined with Assume Supernatural Ability, gives me an extra standard action per round), but you need to be an Aberration to do that. Are there any easy ways of doing that (even if it's only temporary)?

Spuddles
2013-05-02, 10:37 PM
Elan.

Hdudixidjdns

Black_Zawisza
2013-05-02, 10:51 PM
Elan's off-limits, since my character's long since made.

I do have a solution to anybody else who's interested, though: Aberrate, a 1st level Sor/Wiz spell from Book of Vile Darkness. Gives you aberration type and +1 natural armor per four caster levels.

So yeah, take Assume Supernatural Ability, cast a 1st and 2nd level spell, and you suddenly have an extra standard action every turn! Woo!

Plus, Chokers have +4 natural armor to start with, anyhow.

Namfuak
2013-05-02, 11:01 PM
Alter self doesn't give supernatural abilities, and nor does Polymorph. You'd need to use Polymorph any object to gain the choker's quickness ability. That does have the added benefit of being permanent for free if you are already an aberration when you cast it though.

Totally missed assume supernatural ability.

Than
2013-05-03, 01:14 AM
Humans can BECOME an Elan. You lose all class levels though. The Dreamscarred Press version (for Pathfinder) doesn't even limit you to starting as a human.

Waker
2013-05-03, 01:20 AM
Double PaO into a Choker?
Take the Fleshwarper PrC to it's capstone?

Spuddles
2013-05-03, 01:50 AM
I think the corrupt template in BoVD changes your type.

animewatcha
2013-05-03, 02:16 AM
there is the symbiotic template for 2 LA that makes you can aberration.

-edit- Actually, it might be LA 1. Checking.

-edit2- Okay symbiotic template is LA 1. Insectile template is the LA 2. Both make you aberration.

Incorrect
2013-05-03, 02:50 AM
Unlike polymorph, Polymorph Any Object does grant the creature the Intelligence score of its new form.

A choker has Int 4, so if you are a wizard you can't cast spells.

Darrin
2013-05-03, 10:51 AM
I'm trying to find a way to Alter Self into a Choker (which, combined with Assume Supernatural Ability, gives me an extra standard action per round), but you need to be an Aberration to do that. Are there any easy ways of doing that (even if it's only temporary)?

Easy peasy: aberrate, 1st level Sor/Wiz spell from Book of Vile Darkness. Lasts 10 minutes/level.

[Edit: Whoops, Black Zawisza already suggested this.]