PDA

View Full Version : Oracle/Paladin PrC

radionausea
2013-05-03, 07:26 AM
I know that there haven't been any official prestige classes designed for an Oracle/Paladin but I was wondering whether anybody knew of any 3pp or homebrew options.

Something along the lines of how Rage Prophet partially advances both Barbarian and Oracle abilities.

I've come up blank searching for this!

Thanks in advance.

Feralventas
2013-05-03, 01:37 PM
This seems to be a bit round-about in what you're accomplishing.

You've got an Oracle, that is a full divine caster with spontaneous casting system.

You've got a Paladin, which is a mix of a Fighter and a Cleric; also a Divine caster, albeit with a prepared casting system.

So, you're attempting to progress to be a 75% divine caster with a touch of 25% Fighter?

I do understand that Paladins have their own class mechanics that are unique t it, but there are plenty of ways to essentially build a combative divine caster without too much effort, and even if you only Dip Paladin for Divine Grace you really aren't hurting that much for the two levels delay in Oracle. The two levels of Paladin already gets you 4 attacks at level 20.

SSGoW
2013-05-03, 02:00 PM
Urban Barbarian / Oracle / Rage Prophet.

Rage = Smite Evil

I did this and played as a CG paladin of freedom that really hated evil and slavers... Fun times and no one knew a thing.

rollforeigninit
2013-05-03, 06:23 PM
Have you considered....... Oracle? Take the Battle Blessing. I know there are some great tricks in other mysteries but really if you want a Pally, play like one. You want divine grace? Be Lawful Good. Take Bestow Grace of the Champion. Congratulations. You are now a Paladin that can cast many more spells.

The short answer is..... No. There just aren't a huge number of prestige classes to choose from. Pathfinder seems to want to discourage dipping and prestige classing in general. Oradins are popular, though. They may get their shot.

radionausea
2013-05-05, 04:45 AM
I currently playing a Paladin (Hospitaler)6/Oracle (Nature)1.

What I was hoping for was a way that if I were to take Extra Revelation (I haven't yet because it's pointless) that I'd have a way for my Oracle level to count as higher than 1. In the same way that Rage Prophets revelations do.

Feralventas
2013-05-05, 05:19 AM
I currently playing a Paladin (Hospitaler)6/Oracle (Nature)1.

What I was hoping for was a way that if I were to take Extra Revelation (I haven't yet because it's pointless) that I'd have a way for my Oracle level to count as higher than 1. In the same way that Rage Prophets revelations do.

Best bet I can see would be more Oracle levels.

Any particular reason why you dipped Oracle?

HylianKnight
2013-05-05, 12:03 PM
You can try checking out the Holy Vindicator from the APG. It tries to give divine classes an option along the lines that arcane casters have with Dragon Disciple, Arcane Archer, etc. It's a more martial focused class that gives you 3/4s spell casting progression. So it will give you the abilities that continue to go down the sword swinging paladin path, while also giving you most of your spell casting as an Oracle.

Dissonance
2013-05-05, 06:50 PM
I second the Holy Vindicator suggestion. It kind of gives you dual progression when you choose to advance oracle spellcasting and paladin channeling. that isn't getting into the goodies you will be getting from taking the vindicator.

rollforeigninit
2013-05-05, 08:20 PM
Best bet I can see would be more Oracle levels.

Any particular reason why you dipped Oracle?

I'm not him but I'd bet its a dip for Cha mod to AC via Nature's Whispers.