PDA

View Full Version : IBM Movie Starring Atoms

Finlam
2013-05-03, 11:36 AM
Thought I would drop this here for those that didn't see it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSCX78-8-q0

Yes those are actual atoms. The entire film is stop motion film of atoms and it received a place in Guinness Book of World Records.

This is pretty cool, I hope you are excited for the future as much as I am.

Felhammer
2013-05-03, 11:47 AM
WOW! :smallbiggrin:

We really do live in the future!

Amidus Drexel
2013-05-04, 06:45 PM
I remember hearing about this at the end of last week, but I never got to see the video...

That is some cool stuff.

FinnLassie
2013-05-04, 06:50 PM
That video is extremely cool and somewhat creepy at the same time. Then again the creepy part might come from my own ignorance about the subject, I was never really good at science... :smallsigh:

An Enemy Spy
2013-05-05, 12:22 PM
Don't read the comments. If those kinds of people existed 20,000 years ago, they would have called the discovery of fire "gay flashing lights."

Don Julio Anejo
2013-05-05, 03:58 PM
I read the book and it was way better than this movie :tongue:

Anashamedly stolen from top comments.

Loki_42
2013-05-06, 07:32 PM
I find it somewhat disturbing that such a groundbreaking film was an advertisement. I think it says something really upsetting about movies and atoms.

Grinner
2013-05-06, 08:05 PM
Don't read the comments. If those kinds of people existed 20,000 years ago, they would have called the discovery of fire "gay flashing lights."

I find that not reading Youtube comments is just a good practice in general.

GnomeFighter
2013-05-07, 05:57 AM
I find that not reading Youtube comments is just a good practice in general.
I find that not reading comments is just a good practice in general.

Anyway, the manipulation of atoms on that level is not that new. The making a film is. I'm impressed they have done this and let the world see what can be done now. Personaly I don't mind that it is advertising. Without that they would not have been able to get a budget to spend the time doing this.