PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer 40k Army help?

Pages : 1 [2]

Penguinizer
2006-12-05, 08:02 AM
Im pretty sure that in total the tyranids outnumber the ig and the others. not sure.

PokeTheBard
2006-12-05, 08:49 AM
Everyone knows that the end of times will rise when a squat janitor is cleaning the Throne Room and turns off the power switch the golden throne to dust behind it, then flicks it back on when done, causing a psychic power surge, making the lich-like emperor's head explode.

As a result, the High Lords will try to cover this up to pretend everything is fine, the Inquisition will find out, brand them heretics and kill them all, leaving the imperial infrastructure headless. In the short period of mayhem to follow, the blip in the astronomicon will allow Daemon Overlords to charge from the eye of terror and wipe out the imperium of man once and for all, tainting the whole of the galaxy.

This peculiar new state of the galaxy will warp the Talismans of Vaul, causing the blackstone fortresses to all fire their arcane weapons, cleansing the galaxy of all c'tan life and eventually rot the dying souls of the Necrontyr.

Seeing this as a victory for themselves, the Eldar rejoice and go about cleansing the remaining Necrons, but are defeated when they are eaten by the Tyranids. As the tyranids rampage across the galaxy, the fight a brutal three hundred year war with the Tau until finally, they make planetfall on T'au itself and, with the help of Chaos influences, destroy the race.

The Tyranids and Chaos war against each other, fighting for worlds lost to the rest of the universe. In a battle of attrition, the foul daemons of the warp will beat them back to where ever they came from and manage to infiltrate the Dark Eldar, turning them all into totalitarian Slaanesh freaks.

With only Chaos left in the universe, everything looks rosey for the dark powers... until one five hundred year old squad on Terra finishs cleaning up the brains and blood from the almighty gorey explosion and finds a switch lost for millenia.

"Break glass in case of emergency. Heretic Blaster 30,000"

With a flick of the switch, Holy Terra eminates a fierce white light, scouring even the Eye itself. Thus at the turn of 551 M42, all that remains in the galaxy is one ancient squat with an obsessive compulsive disorder to clean...

Penguinizer
2006-12-05, 12:32 PM
I think that the Nids' were allied with chaos and the orks in the fall of Medusa V campaign.

Matthew
2006-12-05, 12:39 PM
There's no such thing as Squats, they were just a dream, like the Ratlings and Ogryns...

Penguinizer
2006-12-05, 01:32 PM
Exterminating the Nids' is goíng to be hard.

Quote from GW site: The Tyranids are so immeasurably old that it is impossible to tell exactly how long they have existed. Similarly, exactly where the Tyranids originate from is a mystery. Each Tyranid hive fleet consists of millions of living craft that have come to our galaxy from beyond the known reaches of space.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-05, 02:13 PM
There's no such thing as Squats, they were just a dream, like the Ratlings and Ogryns...

Although Squats just seem like a myth now how can you say ratlings and Ogryns don't exist when they are still selling models of them.

blackout
2006-12-05, 05:36 PM
XD! That's funny, Poke. Then the squat dies of old age...and then the Tau repopulate the galaxy via time machine, and RULE THE UNIVERSE!

Penguinizer
2006-12-06, 01:57 AM
Why dont they sell those weird six legged things for Tyranids anymore.

They look funny.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-06, 02:14 AM
Six leg thing things?

Penguinizer
2006-12-06, 02:27 AM
Check the Evolution of the Tyranids article in the Nid' site at the GamesWorkshop site.'

Theyre called Zoats.

Artanis
2006-12-06, 09:51 AM
There's one factor that people are forgetting regarding Imperium vs. Tau: Tau territory is outside the range of the Astronomicon. So it's not just a simple matter of rounding up spare troops that aren't needed to defend humanity from literally every other race in the galaxy, but also of making sure those troops are actually willing to go that far from home...or risk pulling another Solar Macharius.

Then, when the Imperium has taken enough troops and ships away from fighting the zillion or so WAAAAUGH!s, black crusades, etc. to crush the Tau, they then have to fight a war with MUCH slower than usual FTL, and thus at a pace which a) the entire Tau military is designed for, and b) the Imperium sucks at.

Matthew
2006-12-06, 01:37 PM
Although Squats just seem like a myth now how can you say ratlings and Ogryns don't exist when they are still selling models of them.

Probably just some kind of one off Mutants... I'm sure the Emperor will deal with them in due course... certainly not a Race

Crazy Owl
2006-12-06, 02:06 PM
That makes no sense, you said they don't exist so how does saying they aren't a race on their own mean they don't exist. Ogryns and Ratlings are humans that have adapted to their environment so yes they aren't there own race it just a name for an adaption of man.

Matthew
2006-12-06, 02:50 PM
Arrggh! Stop saying they exist! You're ruining my fantasy! Arggh! Now I am ruining my fantasy...

Disclaimer: I realise Ratlings, Squats and Ogryns are all official elements of the Warhammer 40k Universe. I just hate them. The half arsed arument I was making for their absence from the 40k Universe was that anything that appeared to be a Ratling, Squat or Ogryn was in actual fact just a one off Chaos induced mutation that lends undue credence to the 'myth' that they exist as independent Races that have evolved from Human settlers on Planets with the traits that might encourage the survival of such evolutions. To be honest, I don't like to admit that Orc(k)s exist either...

Crazy Owl
2006-12-06, 02:54 PM
Thats one of the craziest things Ive ever heard, one of the whole points of 40K is that all its races and things are based on Fantasy races.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-12-06, 03:06 PM
Except for the Tau and Tyranids. ;)

Matthew
2006-12-06, 03:27 PM
I don't know, pretty much all the coolest aspects of 40k are the non 'Fantasy' derived elements...

blackout
2006-12-06, 04:18 PM
Like, oh, the PLASMA RIFLES.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-06, 04:38 PM
Tau are Bretonia, sort of. Tau are mainly ranged base, Bretonia are mainly melee based. Both can be considered the most good of the armies. They both have a backup if their main way of attacking fails, kroot for melee, archers for range.

Let me think about Nids for a sec.

Edit: Nids are skaven

necron lord
2006-12-07, 01:33 AM
I have a nice sized army for warhammer playing necrons. my brother plays chaos space marienes. he continuly wins some how. and i want to know if the chaos space mariens have a wakness i can sxploit.

McDeath
2006-12-07, 04:31 AM
Umm...I'm a Necron player, but I'm just starting out and haven't played against Chaos. However, since Chaos has excellent hand-to-hand and Necrons generally aren't that hot in H2H, try and stay away from him. The Veil of Darkness can be helpful here, and if you have a Monolith, well, you know what that can do. Also, don't fire at what is scariest, but what is a real threat. Against Space Marines - my friend uses a vehicular force - I generally kill things in the following order:
1 - Rhinos.
2 - Bikes.
3 - Assault Marines.
4 - Devastators.

Penguinizer
2006-12-07, 09:18 AM
Nids are basically evolution gone on overdrive.

Through evolution growing into ultimate predators.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-07, 09:22 AM
Yeah but if you compared them to a Warhammer races it would be skaven. They either have massed gaunts like skaven do with slaves, infiltrate with stealers like skaven do with gutter runners, or use large monsters as melee or ranged based which skaven have Rat Ogres for melee and various warp guns for range.

Artanis
2006-12-07, 09:26 AM
They may be mildly similar in terms of gameplay, but I don't think that's what he was talking about. I think he was more referring to fluff-wise, in which case there aren't really any WHFB equivalents to the Tau and Tyranids.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-07, 10:30 AM
I already said that both Tau and Bretonia can be considered the most good armies and both think they are the most good. I would say that was closer fluff wise than Chaos and Chaos Marines. Both Skaven and Nids are a massive swarm that all they care about is their own survival. Skaven sometimes attack through infiltration into the city, Genestealers start up genestealers cults that can ruin planets.

blackout
2006-12-07, 04:15 PM
<_< >_> Tau still win.

Mr. Moon
2006-12-07, 09:15 PM
You really need a Tau avatar, Blackout. ;P

Aparently, I'm not allowed to spend my money in larger doses then $50 at a time. I can't get much with that, now, can I? *sobs* Looks like I'm gonna have to wait 'till I can get a job before I start my army...

blackout
2006-12-07, 10:04 PM
TAU! GO FOR TAU! TAU I SAY! *eye twitch*

Narmoth
2006-12-08, 06:56 AM
You really need a Tau avatar, Blackout. ;P

Aparently, I'm not allowed to spend my money in larger doses then $50 at a time. I can't get much with that, now, can I? *sobs* Looks like I'm gonna have to wait 'till I can get a job before I start my army...

Well, you could get http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=200010
and http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefront/newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=200004 if you're going to play tau.
I will suggest that you, undependent of which army you're going to play buy a battleforce or megaforce

DeathQuaker
2006-12-08, 07:50 AM

1. Collect in small doses. Get a few units to start, paint'em up. It's actually overwhelming to buy in large chunks, because then you realize you've got to sit and assemble all the figures.

2. Build a 400 point combat patrol first, then get larger from there. The combat patrol will still set you back at least $100 if not more--but that's 2 increments of your money saved. Keep it small until yes, you get a job.

3. Do not buy figs from Games Workshop directly (unless you're ordering bitz, which this early in the game you won't need to). See if your Friendly Local Gaming Store (FLGS) ever offers any discounts (e.g., MY FLGS gives you 10% off any gaming-related material in the store if you come in to play). Order from the Warstore. Buy used models off E-bay. Make trades with your friends. (I like to paint, so I got most of my army as payment for painting other peoples' armies.)

Penguinizer
2006-12-08, 11:42 AM
i buy one box (or blister pack) at a time, pretty cheap. The local gaming shop here (more or less local :P) has a smaller collection than the GW store, but a good bit cheaper (5 euros on bigger things).

PokeTheBard
2006-12-08, 01:12 PM
No Ratlings are Skaven, nids are Lizardmen. Well, in my opinion ;)

Crazy Owl
2006-12-08, 01:15 PM
Ratlings are Halflings, read the fluff dammit! Ratlings are famous for their large appetites, cooking, and being stealthy.

Selrahc
2006-12-08, 04:46 PM
And running black markets. And marksmanship.

Both of which are also halfling traits in fantasy.

The Skaven do exist in 40K. They are just a lot more hidden. The Hrud seem notably Skaven like. (Third edition rulebook, list of notable Xenos, hooded small figure with ratlike feet, the Guns they use are referenced in inquisitor as lightning throwing things, but thats just trivia). A friend of mine converted a small force of 40K skaven/hrud using the creature feature rules.

Matthew
2006-12-08, 06:58 PM
I have to say I don't really see the Tyranid / Skaven comparison and I think its going out on a limb to compare Bretonnia to the Tau. I can see how one might, but it seems like a spurious argument.

Saying that, I like my Fantasy and Sci Fi to be different and the overlap in 40K just bores me.

blackout
2006-12-08, 09:02 PM
...I reject the reality of 40K and institute my own. TAU FOREVER! TAU FOREVEEEEEER! >:)

Crazy Owl
2006-12-09, 02:58 AM
I thought the Tau/Bretonia comparison is pretty obvious in the end. Like it or not 40K is extremely based on Fantasy.

blackout
2006-12-09, 08:58 AM
While that may be true, there's alot of things that are completely different between fantasy and 40k. for example: No Empire, or other human-controlled nations. Imperium. :P

Matthew
2006-12-09, 09:52 AM
I don't really see the comparisons. Gene Stealers were basically stolen from Aliens and the Tyranids are a fairly classic Sci Fi trope (they use bio technology, assimilate everything in sight and have a hive mind, they are the Borg...). Tau are no more Bretonnian than they are Anime, i.e. there are similarities, but it's not sufficient to say X = Y. 40K has many fantasy imports, but in itself the setting owes more to Dune and Frank Herbert than Lord of the Rings or War Hammer Fantasy.
Now, admittedly, the two games are getting closer off and on, but there seem to me to be few direct imports (Eldar, Squats, Ratlings and Ogryns are obviously fairly direct). You could pretty much create similar analogies for Babylon 5 (the Mimbari are Elves, the Rangers are obviously Fantasy inspired, etc...). All fantasy, whether Sci Fi or not, relies on these sort of tropes, but it doesn't make X directly analgous to Y.
Okay, I'm biast, but I don't see the Tau as the Bretonnians or the Tyranids as Skaven, let alone the Imperium as the Empire...

DeathQuaker
2006-12-09, 10:17 AM
I don't think it's that Tau are the direct equivalents of Bretonnians, etc. It's simply that they perform roughly similar roles in the gameworlds. Moreover, Bretonnians represent a classic fantasy concept (King-Arthur type knights), Tau represent a classic sci-fi concept (the advanced alien invaders and mech technology). Likewise, anthropomorphic rats are a good fantasy swarm race, 'nids are a good sci-fi swarm race.

The comparison is meant to be broad, because part of their role is to fit specifically the setting--and that therefore, they are as different as they are alike. Does that make any sense?

blackout
2006-12-09, 10:27 AM
Yes, now, back to the original subject: Where do I get a Tau avatar?

Crazy Owl
2006-12-09, 12:08 PM
If you ask in Arts in crafts someone would probably do you a stick one.

blackout
2006-12-09, 12:37 PM
:) Yay! Happy Blackout!

Shadow Blip
2006-12-10, 04:35 PM
Sorry, but the 'nids are a waste of money and time theres no stratagy in haveing 100 genestealers charge in a huge horde only to be blown to bits by 5 space marines with rocket launchers or be ripped to shreds by a mine field.
:smallfurious: It makes me mad that anybody would even want to be the 'nids. :thog:

"But we orks is got'a fight som'in! If ya's want'n blood'n gut's, you want's da orks! We's to big to be beat'n!":smallsmile: :smallcool:

Bryn
2006-12-10, 04:53 PM
Sorry, but the 'nids are a waste of money and time theres no stratagy in haveing 100 genestealers charge in a huge horde only to be blown to bits by 5 space marines with rocket launchers or be ripped to shreds by a mine field.

Well, I've been killed by kitted out Genestealers enough times to testify that either they're better than you say, or I am a rubbish player, or both.

As an aside, my rocket launchers are generally useless, frag missiles rarely seem to kill more than one or two troops.

Saithis Bladewing
2006-12-10, 04:55 PM
Frag missiles are pretty rubbish against infantry, you're far better off with a Heavy Bolter or Flamer against 'nids. Also, 100 genestealers? What kind of games are you playing? Who uses 100 genestealers? They're not that great since they lost the ability to Infiltrate IMO. :P

blackout
2006-12-10, 07:17 PM
Now, gaunts, when THEY swarm, look out. But no, frag missles suck. I speak from experience, my Fire Warriors have been on the business end of more than one frag missle warhead. Their better against vehicles, I think.

Dant
2006-12-10, 09:14 PM
Wait, 'Nids suck? Since when? I remember watching one game, was some kind of convoy type mission. Anyhow, the N'ds were ambushing it. 'Nids vs. Space Marines. The 'Nid player managed to hit the SM players CC Terminators with pretty much every Gaunt in his army (Leaping genes). Full squad of heavily upgraded close combat terminators died in one turn of combat. Cost to the 'Nid player? 10 or so gaunts. Win.

And these were old Tyranids. New ones are even more nasty.

blackout
2006-12-10, 09:30 PM
EXACTLY. If I didn't like the Tau so damn much, I'd load up on a bunch of really good nids.

Penguinizer
2006-12-11, 11:16 AM
But Genestealers get rending claws. With a brood lord I see great slaughter.

And Carnifexes are pretty good and cheaper to play(wrong term possibly) than most tanks (and tanks dont get so many attacks as a decked out Carnifex)

Selrahc
2006-12-11, 03:48 PM
But Genestealers get rending claws. With a brood lord I see great slaughter.

And Carnifexes are pretty good and cheaper to play(wrong term possibly) than most tanks (and tanks dont get so many attacks as a decked out Carnifex)

Firstly: Genstealers are very good at the slaughtering..... if they get into combat. Insane initiative and rending does that. They're unlikely to see combat though.

Tanks aren't built for combat, its very rare to see a tank with any attacks at all. They're built for shooting mostly, which they definitely beat a carnifex at.

If you fully buff a carnifex then it costs slightly less than two predators. Two predators are probably going to be more valuable to an army than a carnifex would.

Carnifexes can be hurt by anything, unlike tanks. A mob of guardsmen can bring one down in Close Combat or long range.

Good points are the fact that they're more reliable than tanks, sinc ea lucky lascannon can't take them down. That alone helps a lot.

blackout
2006-12-11, 03:56 PM
Pff. My Hammerheads could rip em both apart at range and still have enough pwnage-serum left over for another target. :)

Iamyourking
2006-12-15, 11:47 PM
This was an interesting thread, can we go back to fluff discussion?

Anyways, heres my take on the Tau, since they seem to be such a hot topic:
The Tau Empire, mercifully, shall never be inflicted upon the greater galaxy, irrespective of the Imperium's actions against her.

For one, the Tau's collectivist attitude is not a popular philosophy - the Tau's own acquiescence to the "Greater Good" derives mainly from relentless mental indoctrination from infancy rather than reasoned analysis from each individual. Few people anywhere in the world want to celebrate being a cog in the machine, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a majority of the hundreds of setient races that would gladly acquiesce to the Tau's "hand of friendship and fraternity" (i.e. slavery) and have all of their actions dictated by a hegemony of aliens who have arbitrarily and self-righteously appointed themselves as fit to dictate what's good for other people.

Two is a question of practicality. Simple logistics will crush any Tau's ambitions of galactic domination. The Tau will suffer greatly from being late-starters in the great imperial race - humans have had thirty-eight millenia to expand, and wherever they haven't settled has already been claimed by a myriad of other races. Wherever the Tau go, they can almost certainly expect a fight, and it is doubtful that their provincial empire has the resources to manage that effectively.

The Tau, crucially, also lack the indispensible Navigator gene. Without Navigators, their interstellar travel is greatly retarded and appallingly slow. A human vessel can traverse the Milky Way in around two years - a Tau vessel would require decades at best... and those approximations haven't even taken warp-disturbances or mechanical failure into consideration! With communications being so slow and ponderous, any attempt to impose a trans-galactic hegemony would unravel as soon as it was imposed.

The Tau Empire also hoists herself with her own petard - her society is hideously centralised. As she expands, the Tau Empire will gradually begin to crush herself under the weight of her own bureaucracy. By contrast, the Imperium, for all of her reputation as a monolithic organisation, is actually massively decentralised, a virtue which has permitted her great expansion. It's no contest.

So, we need not fear any substantial Tau encroachments into the galaxy, praise God.

http://forums.relicnews.com/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 11:37 AM
Tyranids have no problem with centralisation of goverment, all of them are just extensions of the same hive mind.

Iamyourking
2006-12-16, 03:11 PM
I never said anything about Tyranids having problems with government centrilization, in fact, I believe that the Tyranids will devour everyone and leave the universe bare barring some sort of unforseen circumstances such as the Starchild or Ynnead.

Mr. Moon
2006-12-16, 10:30 PM

Heheheh. I played against my freind today, who was playing an army like that. I creamed him. WITH Tyranids. :biggrin:

Sure, they were HIS Tyranids, but still.

Anyway, I bought my first blister pack of Tyranid Gargoyals. The two of them are currently lying unasembled and painted white in my workroom. :amused:

Now I have no idea how to paint them... :tongue: I don't want to go with anything that's been published, but I'm not sure what I want.

Anyway, I've decided to call my Hive Fleet "Jaborwok" after the creature in that poem in Alice in Wonderland.

Iamyourking
2006-12-16, 10:46 PM
If by 'Jaborwok' you mean the Jabberwocky, that sounds like a decent enough name. Just stay away from Eldar, they're probably the team with the closest thing to vorpal swords.

By the way, I just finished writing a 74 page treatise about each of the original 18 legions and their primarchs for no real reason. If anyone wants I can post it.

Narmoth
2006-12-17, 02:02 PM
It would be nice to have a tread where we could post fluff for our warhammer armies, so go on. (maybe just not in this tread:smallsmile:)

Saithis Bladewing
2006-12-17, 02:21 PM
If by 'Jaborwok' you mean the Jabberwocky, that sounds like a decent enough name. Just stay away from Eldar, they're probably the team with the closest thing to vorpal swords.

By the way, I just finished writing a 74 page treatise about each of the original 18 legions and their primarchs for no real reason. If anyone wants I can post it.

Oooh, I dunno, I'd argue that the Nemesis Force Weapons could count as vorpal. ~.^

Narmoth
2006-12-17, 04:48 PM
Now I have no idea how to paint them... :tongue: I don't want to go with anything that's been published, but I'm not sure what I want.

I think these collors looks cool, but it's from games workshop:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/lictor-camo/images/d1.jpg

Mr. Moon
2006-12-17, 06:07 PM
I think these collors looks cool, but it's from games workshop:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/tyranids/lictor-camo/images/d1.jpg

Actualy, I kind of like that colour scheam. Ideas are brewing.

Only I don't have those colours. I was origionaly going to go with a Praying Matis theam, but that looks a little more... Jaborwok-ish.

By the way, I found the poem. You'll have to excuse the funny warping. I have no idea what's going on with it. I swear I fixed it thirty times and it keeps going back that way.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Myatar_Panwar
2006-12-17, 09:23 PM
Actualy, I kind of like that colour scheam. Ideas are brewing.

Only I don't have those colours. I was origionaly going to go with a Praying Matis theam, but that looks a little more... Jaborwok-ish.

By the way, I found the poem. You'll have to excuse the funny warping. I have no idea what's going on with it. I swear I fixed it thirty times and it keeps going back that way.

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun

The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:

Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;

Heh. Very nice. "Beware the Jabborwock!"

Iamyourking
2006-12-17, 10:58 PM
Edit: Nevermind, saw the fluff thread

Lil Jimmy Golden Socks
2006-12-19, 03:04 PM
Hi all! I just started using Nids in 40K and am currently attempting to convert my broodlord by adding Feeder Tendrils from a Genestealers Feeder head. Having attempted once and failed. I have replaced the broodlords torso any idea on how to go about creating such a convertion??

heretic
2006-12-19, 04:17 PM
Carnifexes can be hurt by anything, unlike tanks. A mob of guardsmen can bring one down in Close Combat or long range.

I once had a squad of five guardsmen charged by a 'fex and somehow killed it. Granted, that same squad had flayed him with plasma weaponry the turn earlier and he had one wound left. But still! I think I only had two attacks, but one killed it.

I find tanks a lot easier to kill than monstrous creatures. Like you say, a lucky lascannon shot... My beef is with skimmers. I think they should just count as obscured when they move. As it is, a weenie-ass Tau Devilfish is lot tougher than Leman Russ, which is not how it's supposed to be.

Crazy Owl
2006-12-19, 06:04 PM
I once had a squad of five guardsmen charged by a 'fex and somehow killed it. Granted, that same squad had flayed him with plasma weaponry the turn earlier and he had one wound left. But still! I think I only had two attacks, but one killed it.

I find tanks a lot easier to kill than monstrous creatures. Like you say, a lucky lascannon shot... My beef is with skimmers. I think they should just count as obscured when they move. As it is, a weenie-ass Tau Devilfish is lot tougher than Leman Russ, which is not how it's supposed to be.

You do realise that because Devilfishs and most other skimmers are used for their speed they will probably move every turn any way.

Mr. Moon
2006-12-19, 08:26 PM
Heh. Very nice. "Beware the Jabborwock!"

Thanks. But I didn't write it, a guy called Lewis Carol did. He wrote Alice in Wonderland. I'm also often worried by his imagination.

Narmoth
2006-12-20, 10:26 AM
Hi all! I just started using Nids in 40K and am currently attempting to convert my broodlord by adding Feeder Tendrils from a Genestealers Feeder head. Having attempted once and failed. I have replaced the broodlords torso any idea on how to go about creating such a convertion??

Failed how?. If its the parts that don't stick together, try to use greenstuff.:smallsmile:

Mr. Moon
2007-01-12, 03:21 PM
If anyone's currious (which I have some doubts on, no-ones posted in a while...), Hive Fleet Jaborwok has expanded some. In addition to the two gargoyles I bought a while ago, I got a Broodlord for Christmas and a box of Genestealers for my birthday yesterday. The "Jubjub Birds" are painted, as is my Broodlord. I'll start working on the Genestealers when I can get my paws on some black paint. I may pick some up on my way home from school today.

PokeTheBard
2007-01-12, 04:22 PM

Use a 3rd edition Lictors head.

heretic
2007-01-12, 06:00 PM
You do realise that because Devilfishs and most other skimmers are used for their speed they will probably move every turn any way.

I could care less if they move. I just hate them reducing everything to glancing hits.

Mr. Moon
2007-01-15, 01:06 PM

Lately, I've been useing Green Stuff to make the tounges on my 'Nids longer. I suppose the same stragetgy would work the same for feeder tendrles. Cut off a bit of the yellow and blue parts of the moddling putty, and work them together untill they take on an even, green colour. When it's nice and soft, roll it into a long, thin cylander. Atatch it to you Broodlord, and keep doing this untill you think you have enough. Then use a putty knife, or if you don't have one, something small and thin such as a toothpick, to carve a patern. Let it dry (this may take a while), then paint it like normal.

Penguinizer
2007-01-15, 01:37 PM
Ive got a base coat on all of my figures but only have painted 2 completely (although still need to add finishing touches to toxin sacs)

And need to add some finishing touches to my fex aswell.

Im a lazy painter :P

Narmoth
2007-01-15, 05:27 PM
Anyone want to post how their modified and painted figures look to give the rest inspiration=

madfool2
2007-01-15, 06:05 PM
Hey, new to forum's and such.
I play both warhammer 40k and fantasy, for 40k i play Tau, and for fantasy i defend the realms of the empire, mainly against orc's, how they fear accurate mortar fire :smallbiggrin: .

Although recently i've been in more of playing fantasy (the empire is a new army and first real attempt to play fantasy), i'd call myself a good Tau commander, despite a few blunder's.