PDA

View Full Version : Good gaming stores in LA / San Francisco

Gabe the Bard
2013-05-03, 04:24 PM
I know I could just google search for this, but I was wondering if anyone in LA or San Francisco knew of any good gaming stores personally that they could recommend, preferably with a good selection of books and dice that aren't too expensive.

Anarion
2013-05-03, 04:29 PM
I know I could just google search for this, but I was wondering if anyone in LA or San Francisco knew of any good gaming stores personally that they could recommend, preferably with a good selection of books and dice that aren't too expensive.

While this isn't San Francisco, exactly, if you go across the bay, Games of Berkeley, which is right next to the BART stop in Downtown Berkeley is a really good store with a bunch of cool stuff.

TheThan
2013-05-04, 02:29 PM
I’ve gamed (warhammer 40K) at Emerald Knights a few times. It’s a nice two story store with most of the gaming section located on the second floor. They seem to have a solid selection of just about everything. It's in Burbank.
Website is here: http://www.ekcomicsandgames.com/

It’s a four hour drive for me to go to LA or San Francisco so I don’t get over to either much. So that's about the best i can do.

Hbgplayer
2013-05-04, 04:07 PM
Out of curiosity, you do realize that it is an eight hour drive (without traffic) to go from LA to SF and vise-versa, right? :smallconfused:

TheThan
2013-05-04, 04:47 PM
Out of curiosity, you do realize that it is an eight hour drive (without traffic) to go from LA to SF and vise-versa, right? :smallconfused:

I do.

but then again, the shear size of this state (from north to south) is much bigger than most people (who don't live here) realize.

Anarion
2013-05-04, 06:36 PM
I also remembered, there's a place on Divisadero street in San Francisco where I used to play Warhammer 40k when I was in High School. I think it was called Gamescape.

I haven't been there in ~8 years, so I can't guarantee anything about what they're doing now, but I think they're still around.

Hbgplayer
2013-05-08, 05:46 PM
I do.

but then again, the shear size of this state (from north to south) is much bigger than most people (who don't live here) realize.

Oh, I meant for my question to be directed to the OP. :smalltongue:
I live an hour north of SF, and I still try to avoid going there as much as possible.

razorback
2013-05-12, 09:58 AM
While not in SF, I have found that the people at Game Kastle (http://www.gamekastle.com/) have always been extremely helpful. As my gaming group has spread out from an hour south of San Jose up to Davis, its become the central location and we'll rent out the 'special' room for a Saturday session when its more convenient for everyone.

Gabe the Bard
2013-05-15, 10:33 AM

I actually don't live in either of those places, but I'm passing through both LA and SF on a trip so I wanted to see what kind of gaming stores they had, and see if any of them might be better options than buying stuff online.

Gabe the Bard
2013-05-15, 10:42 AM
I don't think we'll have much time to venture outside the cities, but that place Gamescape looks pretty promising. Thanks for the tip!