PDA

View Full Version : Opposite of the Countermoon Spell?

Yogibear41
2013-05-03, 10:11 PM
Is there an opposite to the countermoon spell? basically a spell that forces a lycanthrope to transform into animal/hybrid form? or do I need to just create one?

TuggyNE
2013-05-03, 10:26 PM
I don't know if there is or isn't, but why would you want one? It doesn't seem like it would give you any tactical or strategic advantage, unless a) you're using it to out a lycanthrope and b) witness make their Spellcraft checks to definitively identify that you're not just casting polymorph or something.

Maginomicon
2013-05-03, 10:41 PM
The "Moonbeam" spell does what you want. (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting)

Yogibear41
2013-05-03, 11:23 PM
I don't know if there is or isn't, but why would you want one? It doesn't seem like it would give you any tactical or strategic advantage, unless a) you're using it to out a lycanthrope and b) witness make their Spellcraft checks to definitively identify that you're not just casting polymorph or something.

Working on a campaing setting were lycanthropes can only change on the full moon (unless they use magic of course) :smallsmile:

TY magi

Maginomicon
2013-05-03, 11:29 PM
Working on a campaing setting were lycanthropes can only change on the full moonIn that case, I strongly suggest you look up moonrats (Monster Manual II page 151), which are like normal rats except they live as a hidden society where each individual's strength and intelligence is affected by the phases of the moon.

Yogibear41
2013-05-04, 12:12 AM
Already have them on my monster list :smallsmile: but ty for the suggestion