PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Teleportroubles

marcielle
2013-05-04, 08:40 AM
One of my players has just activated a scroll of Dimension Door blindly and I have no idea what happens in this case. I would appreciate any help.

Long story: Party found some scrolls of Dimension Door. Failing the spellcrafts to know what exactly they were, one of them with arbitrarily high UMD decides to activate one anyway. I have no idea what happens. They saw a generic bad guy use one to escape so they know it's some manner of teleportation.

Please and thank you.

Keneth
2013-05-04, 09:01 AM
The character selects a target to direct the spell at. He is then teleported to that spot. Activating a magic device blindly and successfully means you intuitively figure out how to use it.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-04, 12:21 PM
Tell him to pick a square. He goes to that square, or to the closest square he can reach with the range of the spell.

marcielle
2013-05-04, 09:24 PM
Once again, thank you kindly. I am both glad and slightly disappointed he does not simply teleport 400 feet in a random direction.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-04, 09:36 PM
What he doesn't know is if he is teleporting to that square, turning it into a block of wood, filling it with illusion, or shooting a fireball at it.