PDA

View Full Version : Dear Playground, I need some help...again.

Zeikstraal
2013-05-04, 09:58 AM
So yesterday we started a new campaign with me as DM, we play Pathfinder, and are Level 1. And there is some conflict in the group.
Let me introduce the party first!

Laura Rousey, a blade bound, Kensai Magus. In the previous campaign she was a 14 year old girl that admired my character, and wanted to become as skilled as he was. So my character, who is going to travel to ancient lands that no one has ever returned from to fight the BBEG, decides to make sure she graduates from the Mage school, for paying for the best training give her a good weapon etc. And he tells his pet Psuedodragon to make sure she stays on the right path and stay at her side, for the time he is gone.

After that campaign was over, the old DM asked me if he could play that character. So I was like, yeah thats cool. Now you can see the previous heroe's made an impact. So he rolls up his character, takes the Rich Parents trait to pay for the Pseudodragon and the masterwork scimitar and some other minor stuff she got, so that is all fine. We think.

Grimnir Stonehead, Dwarven Druid who worships the Earth God. The Earth Deity is kinda like Grumbar from Forgotten Realms.

Mablum, Elven Alchemist.

Brian, Human Barbarian.

Now the problem. 2 Players don't like the Magus, on for Out of game reasons, and the other for out as well in game reasons.
First the Druid. He plays a Druid of the Earth Deity, and believes that all flying creatures are Vile beasts, because Flying creatures are from the Air god and he opposes the Air god. Now the Magus has a Pseudodragon, and thinks it's a Vile beast, and also told the player that In game.

So I asked him about it, and he doesn't know if he can continue with his character since someone has a flying pet, and he does not want to take it to lightly because it would harm his Character Idea. And told me that he really should hurt, or kill the Pseudodragon, because that is what his god would do. He has not made an attemped to do this, but the magus told him OOC that if he does, his character would step in and help his pet.

I asked the player also, that if he would sit on a bench in the park. And a bird would fly down and sits next to him, he would twist it's neck. And he told me; If I would take it to the extremes, yeah I would.
I told him that the bird does not worship the air god, because it is a bird. He said that it does not matter, it is a flying creature, and he opposes flying creatures. And that if a Paladin is in the same party as someone who creates undead, would have to take action also.

I personally do not get his comparison, but whatever. My problem is that he would willingly kill all flying creatures for no other reason than that he opposes them. And I need some help with solutions for his "problem".

Now the Out of Character problem.
The druid has stated that he thinks it is lame, that my old character would give up his pet. That my character would give up something which is dear to him, in to the hands of an apprentice. It makes no sense and it's lame.
Now I don't take offense from someones opinion, they kan think whatever they want, but I thought it was kinda rude.

The Alchemist, said it was lame that the player just happens to play that particular NPC (now the Magus). And that he got all those items and the dragon. And that he is in contact with my old character.
We told him that he took the rich parents trait, to pay for all those things. And he paid 200 GP for essentially a Roleplay item, the magus does not want to use the pseudodragon in combat. And I also told that they have not spoken or seen eachother since the day my old character left for those ancient lands 3 years ago.
He still had a problem, he thinks that the Magus would abuse his relationship with my old character. I told him he does not have to worry about it, and I did not plan on using my old character. Maybe waaayyy later in the campaign, but that would really be at lvl 12 or somthing. And he would really play a minor role.
Than he said that, when it becomes well known that the magus is a relative to my character. That no one would hurt him, because they would be affraid that he would get backup. But is that not the same when you play someone who comes from a Noble family?
I tried to talk about it more with him, he still has a problem with it. But does not want to say more about it than that it's just lame.

The barbarian does not have a problem with it at all, he thinks it is a really cool idea. And if the magus has not rolled up a magus. He would do it, and play the twin brother of the magus, and be on the hunt for my old character or something.

I really want to solve these problems, help the druid come with a solution for his hatred and just the whole fact that they don't like the ties to my old charatcer. The magus also stated that if it would become a real problem he would roll up a new character. But I want everyone to enjoy their and eachothers characters.

Sorry for the long read, and probably spelling.

And if you have questions, please ask them.

rockdeworld
2013-05-04, 10:08 AM
I asked him about it, and he doesn't know if he can continue with his character since someone has a flying pet, and he does not want to take it to lightly because it would harm his Character Idea. And told me that he really should hurt, or kill the Pseudodragon, because that is what his god would do. He has not made an attemped to do this, but the magus told him OOC that if he does, his character would step in and help his pet.
Struggle is interesting, and specifically internal struggle is interesting. It's the player's job to come up with a reason why his character WILL NOT hurt the psuedodragon. There are plenty of reasons he can find, if he looks. Maybe his god would kill an air creature, but he hasn't heard from his god in ages and is starting to have doubts. Maybe that character reminds him of a dead lover and he doesn't want to offend her (substitute gender and relationship as needed), but has mixed feelings about her using a "vile creature" that he isn't sure how to deal with. Anything. "I have to kill it" is never the only option, and almost never the right one.

As for the out of character problem isn't really his problem. It's fluff that doesn't meaningfully affect the mechanics, based on what you've described. It's not his character, it was made fairly, and it's really none of his business.

The same for the Alchemist.

Ailowynn
2013-05-04, 10:22 AM
(First off: did you allow everyone to hve traits? I assume yes but thought I'd ask.)

This seems incredibly stupid. First the Druid...why is he even that connected to a deity? That's what Clerics are for. IMO anyway. Moreover, the idea of saying that earth hates wind and using that as a justofication to KILL something is terrible. His alognment is going to tumble towards Evil, and probably Chaotic Evil (or Lwaful depending on if he's "carrying out the orders of the god"; just not Neutral). And he has to realize that he will have to deal with that anymosity between character's FOR THE REST OF THE CAMPAIGN. They will constantly be at each other's necks, unable to work together for any reason, and if one dies their next character will be someone specialized towards harassing the other. Which also brings up the question: why are they in the same party in the first place? It doesn't make sense. The Druid needs to find a way to get along with this character, or the entire campaign will suck. He seems to have heavy OOC issues with that player, and in more ways than you posted.

Talk to the Druid out of game (again) and tell him he has to come to peace with the player or...else. Tell him all that ^^^ and say that, yes, RP is good, but not when it makes everyone angry. I don't care how phony it seems that they start getting along in character, even if they aren't BFFs, but everyone has to realize that that can't go on. And if it does? Put 'em up against a clearly Good eldwe dragon, and laugh as the Druid attacks it with no backup because he's the only one that's has reason to do so. (It flies after all). And if he doesn't, then he is meta gaming, and needs to think about what his character would do, whether that's suicidally attack it or realize that not all flying things are bad.

I'll think a bit on the other player/OOC problem. I don't really know how to convince someone it's not stupid when it's clearly not stupid and they think its stupid. It's like having to convince someone that bacon is good. It's true, but they can only think about how salty it is, which is why it's good in the first place.

soulchicken
2013-05-04, 10:25 AM
What is the alignment of the druid? If he's not evil, you can tell him that killing the psuedodragon for no other reason than it flies, is a wholesomely evil act.

In fact, killing any flying creatures for the sole reason that they fly, is evil, and if he wants to go down that road, then he will probably be thrown in a prison for killing flying creatures en masse.

The Paladin analogy doesn't really fly, as 99% of the undead creatures will see you, and then immediately attack you. If they are intelligent, they are almost always evil, and they will attack a paladin on sight as quickly as a paladin would attack them.

I don't see a problem with the Magus character. In fact I think it's fairly cool. The players need to trust that you won't treat the rest of them unfairly or give the magus too much attention. That should be pretty easy, mainly because the magus isn't famous, the old character is. Not everyone would know that the magus has connections with the famous guy, so not everyone would be 'afraid' of hurting her. I'd say that if she took the rich parents trait, she would be more known for her parents than the old character.

Even if they did know, you have some good plot hooks available. Kidnap and randsom come to mind. Anyone powerful is bound to tick someone off along their way to glory (or infamy).

FleshrakerAbuse
2013-05-04, 11:00 AM
Druid worshipping Earth God...
Huh. Being an Earth Worshipper doesn't mean you have to hate air creatures. That is imbalance in nature!

Well, the best way to solve the murdering the dragon part is OOC. Tell the druid to try and change his concept. Maybe you and he could work together to change the Earth God's portfolio so that he doesn't hate air creatures; is averse to them, yes, but not trying to be harmful.
IC, you could use the logic of the druid: Balance and neutrality. By veering towards destruction for air creatures, who do no wrong except leave the Earth's grasp, he is causing prejudice against a certain natural part of the world. Explain the imbalance possibilities. I'd think a good idea is to have a minor NG druid who shares similiar views but doesn't hate air creatures (or flying things) try and befriend him, and then find out about his hatred later. This might satisfy his character depth and whatnot. Plus, no character concept is worth it when it obstructs your friends views.

For the Alchemist, explain how the pseudodragon isn't a companion; it's a mentor, it's a wise figure who gives advice but makes the student learn and find their own way in life. If they're really worried about the extra money, they won't be after a few rounds of treasure that should level things out. Suggest the player to give them slightly bigger shares if they want it.

EDIT: Oh, right. Previous poster gave some good info about druid stuff. I really don't see how flying is averse to earth. Air elementals, if he doesn't like, stay away from. If he hates flying because it means you don't touch the earth, either IC (with a sage-type philosopher) or OOC show him that means he should start stabbing everyone who wears shoes. Or jumps. Or all monkeys and sloths, because sometimes they aren't touching the earth all the time. And if he comes across flying fey, they must die too!

Fyermind
2013-05-04, 11:05 AM
I always say that you can play any character you want as long as it can be a team player. This is the sort of situation where I would remind the druid, that if he cannot be a team player with this character, he has to play a different character.

I would work with everyone to develop their backstories a bit and have mentors or friends or families in their history that might have similar impacts on their lives. This way it won't seem like you are favoring the Magus.

I would also make very certain not to favor any character over any other character, and let everyone know that you want to know if they ever feel like you are actually giving more in-game or out-of-game favor to any one player. This was an especially big issue for me when I was dating one of the players. I often helped her out of game because she was new to the game, and she ended up being quite powerful because of it. Since then I have been very careful about this sort of thing.

It seems like your players who have out of game concerns don't trust you not to offer favoritism. The best way to solve this is to play fairly a lot as the DM. Good luck!

Zeikstraal
2013-05-04, 11:07 AM
@ Rockdeworld; I want him to roleplay it out, and gave him some examples. That when the campaign goes on, he sees his usefulness, or just doesn't see it as a threat. But he said he could Never accept the Pseudodragon.

@ Ailowynn; Yes I let let everybody choose there own traits, as a matter of fact, I said to the Magus that he has to take Rich parents to pay of for the equipment and Pseudodragon.

It is stupid to be honest, he does not really have a connection. But it is his whole clan that is devoted to that god, he is also an "Earthling" and not a Dwarf, or at least he tells that in character. I also think he realizes that, but I think he can't come up with a reason to get along with the Magus.
They were not a group when the campaign started, and were brought together by means of events in the town were they started. To be honest, they are not really a group now also actually. Instead of helping the town or exploring it, they argued about reasons why they would stey together, or why not. I think that mostly accured to the Druid calling the Pseudodragon a Vile beast and a Demon. I still have enough things to bring them together, at least for the time they stay at this town. If that is handled there might be some issues.
I dont think he has OOC issues with the player. We are all just a group of friends playing a game, play videogames together, work out etc.

On the bacon problem :smallbiggrin:. Yeah if you say it like that, it's just stupid, and as rockdeworld said, none of there bussines.

@ Soulchicken; His Alignment will shift to Evil if he goes out on a Rampage.

And they indeed should trust that all will be fair. In the background of the Magus he says that he wants to make name all by himself, and not want to use my old character to make fame. In the game himself he has never said that my old character is some sort of mentor to him.
I gave everybody a little moment of attention. The Dwarf won 2 Drinking contests, the alchemist found a journal of Nicolas Flamel and got some anonymous love letters, the magus got more attention than the others from someone who they saved his life. Only the Barbarian did not got his moment, because he decided to work at the local lumber mill.

She does not have Rich Parents, she just got some gifts from my old character. So call it Rich Sugar Daddy :smallbiggrin:

I also thought about having the Pseudodragon ask the Druid why he has a problem with him. But I'm affraid that such actions might just lead to more conflict.

Zeikstraal
2013-05-04, 11:35 AM
@ FleshrakerAbuse; Well, he is devoted to the earth, not the the animals, air, water etc. He chose the Earth domain over the animal companion, and has some earth druid archetype. So I don't know if he would see it as inmbalance in nature.

It is not in the Earth God's Portfolio to hate Flying Creatures, but his god opposes the air god. And so does the druid. But I'm going to ask him if he will be okay with it if we could rework it a bit. And I will deffinately use the minor Druid and the imbalances thing for sure!!!!

And I'm going to explain it to the Alchemist in that way.

@ Flyermind; I will remind him of that. I also said before the campaign started that they could always come to me for help or qustions etc. The Magus was the only one who did. and I'll probably hlp the barbarian too, since he was short on time and did not have a background yesterday.

I'm also really aware of favoritism, I had a DM who was really more favorable for his sister who played with us for a while.

Edit: Ugh, sorry for the double post, should have pressed edit on my previous.

Bakeru
2013-05-04, 11:53 AM
As has been said, killing non-evil beings just because of what they are is evil. In fact, unless you're willing to go deep into grey-on-grey morality (which D&D's alignment system isn't build to handle), any god who encourages such should be evil too.
Don't forget (well, it's hard to forget, given the pseudodragon), but many flying creatures are sentient and good. Killing those is definitely evil.

About the Magus:
How many people even know about the relation between her and the other powerful Ex-PC? What's more, how many are going to believe it? And how many people believe he'll come back, instead of having left forever/died abroad?
By now, many people might have claimed some connection with him, and even more might believe that he'll never come back. If anyone could just say "Hey, I'm a friend of XYZ, don't hurt me!", there would be far fewer people getting hurt. In fact, you could make that a plot hook: Fake friends of Ex-PC claiming some connection to him and bringing dishonour to his name.
Unless the Magus really tries to "milk" that relationship (which it doesn't seem like), most people wouldn't care. If anything, once the Magus becomes well-known in her own right, people might start comparing her to the Ex-PC (As "Hollowing in his footsteps"/"Making him proud" or whatever), but by that point, she'll have enough influence due to her own renown.

Juntao112
2013-05-04, 11:57 AM
The Druid is devoted to Earth, and opposed to Air. Ask him, in game, how he is still breathing.

Zeikstraal
2013-05-04, 12:09 PM
@ Bakeru; I might just do that, let the world compare them. The magus told me that he wants to become better than my my old character.
and have people fake connections is also a cool idea.

@ Juantuo112; I asked him if he was not too extreme i it. And asked him if a Fire cleric would not drink water anymore? He said that a fire cleric needs it to stay alive.

Amnestic
2013-05-04, 12:44 PM
The Druid is devoted to Earth, and opposed to Air. Ask him, in game, how he is still breathing.

Water Breathing (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/waterBreathing.htm)+Fishbowl hat? :smalltongue:

Steward
2013-05-04, 12:50 PM
Honestly, if someone is using "roleplaying" as a reason to be a jerk to another player outside of the game, that's crossing a bright red line for me. I don't think that any in-character solutions will work until the player decides (OOC) to allow them to work, so this requires a conversation outside of the game. There's nothing wrong with his concept, but if he flat-out tells you that he's going to attack other PCs and that there's nothing that anyone can do to change that, then that's when the DM has to sit him down and make him understand that D & D isn't a job and everyone is entitled to have fun.

He can have his prejudice but he has to be willing to work in-game to moderate it so that other characters can have fun too.

awa
2013-05-04, 12:57 PM
personally I would disallow the druids concept it seems designed to prevent other people from playing their characters. The question is not why would he allow a pesuo dragon to live but why would the party allow a chaotic evil serial killer running around attacking every flying creature he sees to live.

Andezzar
2013-05-04, 01:00 PM
personally I would disallow the druids concept it seems designed to prevent other people from playing their characters. The question is not why would he allow a pesuo dragon to live but why would the party allow a chaotic evil serial killer running around attacking every flying creature he sees to live.At least the question should be, why would they work with him?

Gray Mage
2013-05-04, 01:30 PM
What would the druid do if one of the other players ever get an item of flight, or get a fly spell cast on them. Because on higher levels that is something that is needed quite often, IMO. :smallconfused:

Lord Haart
2013-05-04, 01:44 PM
Suppose that someone, knowing that party has human characters, makes a ranger with favorite enemy: humanoids (human) whose parents were killed by a starving human and who now kills and skins every human he meets (under his human-despising god's blessing, to boot). Suppose that he's adamant about character's inability to ever perceive a human as anything but a target. That's your situation in a nutshell, and the list of possible answers is as short as it ever was.

awa
2013-05-04, 02:19 PM
except he is even worse then the human killer. hes killing hundreds of species intelligent and animal and hes just doing it becuase hes evil he does not even have the excuse of revenge which while still evil is at least plausible reason for a person to do something.

Averis Vol
2013-05-04, 02:25 PM
wait, what the hell do dragons have to do with the air god? Dragons have their own gods, Apsu and Tiamat. It sounds like your druid picked an idea and only researched for his side without doing research on what constitutes hate from his deity. Maybe once they get together, have the pseudodragon show a design etched into his wing or a series of scales of Apsu's holy symbol (since I assume the pseudodragon is good) and have it tell him to stop being so ignorant of his gods faith. Its kinda harsh, but if lore carried over from 3.5, pseudodragons are snarky, but it should get the point across.

Zeikstraal
2013-05-04, 02:55 PM
He has not killed anything yet, he only said it OOC. It is still kinda ridicilous, especially if you turn it around, I don't see a Cleric of the air god playing real life Whack-A-Mole also.

@ Averis Vol; Yeah I really don't get the point either, but the Air god has "flying creatures" in her portfolio, and dragons fly. So i guess that is his reasoning.

Andezzar
2013-05-04, 02:58 PM
What would the druid do if one of the other players ever get an item of flight, or get a fly spell cast on them. Because on higher levels that is something that is needed quite often, IMO. :smallconfused:You might also remind him that his deity grants the druid: Air Walk, Wind Walk, and a couple of other air related spells. Most if not all even have the [Air] descriptor.

Invader
2013-05-04, 09:03 PM
Throw a creature with the earth subtype that's able to fly up against him and watch his head explode.

Bakeru
2013-05-04, 09:18 PM
Throw a creature with the earth subtype that's able to fly up against him and watch his head explode.Blue Dragons in core, Amethyst Dragons in MM2.
The Tempest from MM2 and the Omnimental from MM3 could also be fun - they're all elemental subtypes at once.

Invader
2013-05-04, 09:21 PM
Blue Dragons in core, Amethyst Dragons in MM2.
The Tempest from MM2 and the Omnimental from MM3 could also be fun - they're all elemental subtypes at once.

I was thinking of the omnimental or a gargoyle.

Bakeru
2013-05-04, 09:39 PM
Ah, missed the Gargoyle.
Usually Chaotic Evil though, so it might just make him more adamant in his "If it flies, it's evil (even if it's of the earth)"-stance.

rockdeworld
2013-05-04, 09:43 PM
But he said he could Never accept the Pseudodragon.
Yes, that's why he has to backtrack and change something, or GTFO.

Edit: Actually, what I forgot is that he doesn't have to do either of those things yet. If you and your players are ok with intra-party PVP, you could just let them start as-is. If not, then it's ok for his character to have strong feelings. It is better for the story for characters to have powerful motivations. He just needs to give his character an equally compelling reason not to kill the pseudodragon. For example, a trusted source told him the pseudodragon holds his dead wife/father/other important relative's soul. This creates internal conflict, and as I said before, conflict is interesting.

Only if the player is unwilling to do that do you need to consider the text I struck through above.

tensai_oni
2013-05-04, 09:48 PM
I'll say it as nicely as I can:

The druid's player is being a disruptive idiot. The question is, whether he realizes it or not.
Are there even any nature gods that hate flying creatures? The mind boggles at the thought. Sure, he may be Earth-centric, but that does not mean the opposition is automatically anathema and must be killed on sight. It seems someone forgot what being a druid, defender of nature, is all about.

It's a character created on a stupid concept that wouldn't fly (pun intended) in any serious game.

eggynack
2013-05-04, 09:56 PM
The guy just needs his character to change in a really simple way. He has to tone down the flying creature hatred from insane genocide inducing, to simple distaste causing. He can even start out wanting to kill the pseudodragon as long as his character develops away from that outcome. Is his character evil? If his character isn't evil, then blatantly calling for the mass murder of tons of creatures, regardless of their alignment or actions, is super evil. It's not like he has to throw the whole character concept out. He just needs to alter the concept in a way that isn't full of jerkiness. Essentially, as has been said, he needs to find excuses not to kill this dragon. Right now, he seems to be finding excuses to kill this dragon. He needs to not do that.

Arbane
2013-05-04, 10:26 PM
Say the following in the most bored voice imaginable:

"Congratulations, the Earth God rewards your character's fanaticism by turning him to stone. Now make a new character who can at least pretend to play well with others."

:smallmad:

Deathkeeper
2013-05-04, 10:35 PM
I will let you know right now that Pseudodragons are my favorite creatures in D&D and therefore I am tremendously biased.
With that out of the way, I still say the Druid is being a prick. A Druid is supposed to lose their power if they stop revering nature. Killing animals because of their nature is practically the definition of doing so. Not to mention that nature gods are all about balance, and rampant killing is not balanced.
Second, if he's Good, this also doesn't fly (no pun intended) since PD's are sentient creatures and this killing them for personal reasons is murder. The fact that the player is forcing another player to give up a major part of their backstory because they are a jerk about their religion (and not even in the Paladin sense when that's required; he's making it up) is NOT cool.
Also, what's so lame about having a Team Mascot/Backstory hook? Your friend (PD's, as written in all of their fluff before 4e, do not like being called pets :smallwink:) is tagging along because his master asked him to keep an eye on the Kensai. It seems reasonable to me. And it's helping him ONLY by advice and moral support and NO combat and little utility besides eyes, ears, and telepathy, He's only marginally more useful than a normal hireling, so what's the problem. Plenty of characters have notable families in their backstories; not everyone's going to know that and plenty won't care.
I personally think they're both being rude and disruptive, but at least you can argue the Alchemist's point. I can't fathom the Druid's.

eggynack
2013-05-04, 10:37 PM
Say the following in the most bored voice imaginable:

"Congratulations, the Earth God rewards your character's fanaticism by turning him to stone. Now make a new character who can at least pretend to play well with others."

:smallmad:
You have the right idea, but you should play it the exact opposite way. Right after he kills the pseudo dragon, the OP should be like, "Krackathoom! A cascade of rocks falls from the heavens, slowly forming into a figure in front of you. The stone shapes itself, until it takes the form of your god. Your god says, ' Huzzah! You have attained the highest pinnacle of achievement under my authority. You have killed an enemy of my kingdom, and for no other reason than that he opposed me in all my doings. For this, you shall gain the highest reward I can bestow. There shall be a statue of you, proclaiming your wonder until the end of time!' A beam of light shoots from your god's fingertips, enveloping you in its power. You feel your body begin to harden and stiffen. Before you can let out a single cry of terror, you turn into stone. Roll a new character."

Edit: For bonus points, after all that have the god say, "Look, I'm sorry that some of my followers can be jerks sometimes. Inflexibility is part of the dogma, I guess. I contacted a few of the other gods, and they agreed to bring your pseudodragon back for your benefit. Y'know, just so there's no hard feelings between us. I've always liked the things too, so that's just a bonus out of the deal."

rockdeworld
2013-05-05, 12:00 AM
You have the right idea, but you should play it the exact opposite way. Right after he kills the pseudo dragon, the OP should be like, "Krackathoom! A cascade of rocks falls from the heavens, slowly forming into a figure in front of you. The stone shapes itself, until it takes the form of your god. Your god says, ' Huzzah! You have attained the highest pinnacle of achievement under my authority. You have killed an enemy of my kingdom, and for no other reason than that he opposed me in all my doings. For this, you shall gain the highest reward I can bestow. There shall be a statue of you, proclaiming your wonder until the end of time!' A beam of light shoots from your god's fingertips, enveloping you in its power. You feel your body begin to harden and stiffen. Before you can let out a single cry of terror, you turn into stone. Roll a new character."

Edit: For bonus points, after all that have the god say, "Look, I'm sorry that some of my followers can be jerks sometimes. Inflexibility is part of the dogma, I guess. I contacted a few of the other gods, and they agreed to bring your pseudodragon back for your benefit. Y'know, just so there's no hard feelings between us. I've always liked the things too, so that's just a bonus out of the deal."
I think that's a bad idea. A DM is basically God in the campaign world, and all the players know it. Humiliating someone IC just makes a DM look like the power has gone to his head.

eggynack
2013-05-05, 12:38 AM
I think that's a bad idea. A DM is basically God in the campaign world, and all the players know it. Humiliating someone IC just makes a DM look like the power has gone to his head.
Well, yeah. He should probably just do the other thing I said. I'd rather have a boisterous stoning than a bored stoning any day of the week though. These kinds of threads have two distinctly different answer sets. There's the reasonably type of answer, where the person just discusses the issue with the problem player out of game, because this issue is clearly one that should be solved away from the table. This player has clearly gone astray from the writ of his god, and if he hasn't, then he needs to design a character that won't kill his team mate's plot relevant friends on that basis.

The second kind of answer, which is what that one was, is the kind of wish fulfillmentish answer. It's what I wish that I could do, and then the player would see the folly of his ways, and justice would be restored to the world. There's always a lot of answers like that, from hurling books at the player, to dropping rocks on the party, to sending a god down to proclaim the player's stupidity. It's not the kind of thing I'd expect to be taken too seriously, though it doesn't really fit under the sarcasm header either. Either way, you're correct. The OP should probably just have a mature conversation with the player, in which it's made clear that he won't allow either party pet murder, or characters who seek to murder everyone of a particular group regardless of alignment, because that's super evil. The game is supposed to be fun for everyone, and this is only going to create strife. There's clearly an area between not hating birds, and killing pseudodragons for no reason, and that's where he has to go.

rockdeworld
2013-05-05, 09:23 AM
There's clearly an area between not hating birds, and killing pseudodragons for no reason, and that's where he has to go.
Why choose? I edited my second post to more clearly explain what I mean.

Zeikstraal
2013-05-06, 08:28 AM
I've spoken to the druid. And he will change his character, i offered to help him to change the lore together. But he did not want to change his Character.

thanks for all the help!!

Juntao112
2013-05-06, 06:09 PM
@ Juantuo112; I asked him if he was not too extreme i it. And asked him if a Fire cleric would not drink water anymore? He said that a fire cleric needs it to stay alive.
For a similar reason, he should leave your pseudodragon alone if he wants to stay alive.

Barsoom
2013-05-06, 07:07 PM

Edit: For bonus points, after all that have the god say, "Look, I'm sorry that some of my followers can be jerks sometimes. Inflexibility is part of the dogma, I guess. I contacted a few of the other gods, and they agreed to bring your pseudodragon back for your benefit. Y'know, just so there's no hard feelings between us. I've always liked the things too, so that's just a bonus out of the deal."The druid is acting stupid, I give you that. But the solution to this problem is not to have the DM act even more stupid. I mean, it was a fun thing to read, but don't actually do it ingame!