PDA

View Full Version : I seem to remember this rule somewhere.

kiryoku
2013-05-04, 01:52 PM
I don't remember where but I remember this rule of each arm on a weapon adds +.5 times damage beyond the first. so two arms do 1.5 times. four does 2.5 times. ect ect. well I found a golem that has eight arms. I know right really effing scary thought. so with a weapon pro and a custom made weapon it would do blah blah damage + 4.5 times its str mod. I am wondering if this is right because if it is. this thing is going to be really nasty to deal with.

Edit:
Sacred guardian of Hextor (war domain)
Collosal construct (augmented)
HD:96D10+100 (628 Hp)
Initaitve: +0
Speed: 40ft, 20ft climb, 40ft fly (perfect)
AC: 42 (-8 size, +0 Dex, +40 natural armor), Touch 2, Flatfooted 42
BA/G: +53 / +99
Attack:Slam +83 (
Full attack: 4 Slams +83 (
Face/reach: 30ft by 30ft/ 30ft reach
Special attacks: Petrification, Trample
Special Qualitys:Construct traits, Resist Acid Cold Fire and Electricity 20, DR 45/ magic good, Animate statue, Spiritual weapon CL 96
Saves: Fort +38, Reflex +38, Will + 40
Abilities: Str 70, Dex 10, Con-, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 14
Skills:198 skill points.
Feats: 5 normal feats and 19 epic feats

Well I think it does 8d8 damage with slams I am not sure. 4D8 + two size ups. One from it going from Gargantuan to collosal and one from sacred guardian. I havn't picked feats or skills just yet either.

Urpriest
2013-05-04, 01:58 PM
It's from Savage Species. It's up to your DM whether the rule carries forward to 3.5.

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-05-04, 02:02 PM
It's only an extra half of your strength modifier, so not actually all that good. What really makes two handed stronger than one handing is the 2 to 1 power attack ratio and there's no rules for making that better with moar arms. With 8 arms your better off multiattacking with 4 two handers or maybe 3 two handers, a one hander, and a shield.

Slipperychicken
2013-05-04, 03:20 PM
When you have so many limbs, you're going to get more utility out of using them to gain more attacks. Adding another attack is usually much more useful than adding 0.5xStr to one attack.

koboldish
2013-05-04, 03:50 PM
So.... If you had 8 tower shields, would that be a +64 AC bonus?

Urpriest
2013-05-04, 03:58 PM
So.... If you had 8 tower shields, would that be a +64 AC bonus?

It's just Str bonus. Shield bonuses still don't stack.

kiryoku
2013-05-04, 04:23 PM
Okay well this thing would have a str mod of +31 so thats not so little a thing. by the way this is a advanced Blackstone Gigant with sacred guardian(Hextor:war domain) put onto it. IT also gets bonus HP of collosal+ from the epic handbook.

Edit: also I will post its stats in the first post in a few moments.

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-05-04, 11:00 PM
Okay well this thing would have a str mod of +31 so thats not so little a thing.
ie +90 damage for "wasting" 6 extra hands on a damage bonus rather than getting three extra attacks.

It's pretty trivial when we're talking about something well into epic. We're talking about 4Xweapon damage+4X misc weapon plusses+8 times PA+6 times strengh mod vs 1Xweapon damage +1X misc weapon plusses + 4.5Xstrengh mod.

kiryoku
2013-05-04, 11:14 PM
it might do more added up but... DR 50/- is common at that level. so maybe it wouldn't do that much with each hit though. where the eight hands on one weapon thing would breach the DR easily and smash it for massive damage even if it has high DR. where each hit would do pittiful damage to it multi attacking plus it fails the dex for all the feats required to do so with any accuray yay for massive multi attack pens. seeing as the entire normal strength each hit would not breach the DR so then we loose damage from the damage dice too. But if they don't have crazy DR it would be fine to eight arm slam the crap out of them with eight weapons. But with common gear for epic fighters giving out crazy DR I wouldn't want to try it. Plus its siege engine at that damage as well. one swing and it might drop a city wall. It also could do a full attack with said weapon. as the weapon isn't limited to one swing per arm like the slam attacks seem to be.

TuggyNE
2013-05-05, 12:11 AM
it might do more added up but... DR 50/- is common at that level. so maybe it wouldn't do that much with each hit though.

What on earth has DR 50/anything, much less DR 50/-? Most I know of is DR 20/- for a CR 50 Devastation Beetle, or 25/epic for prismatic/force dragons.

Phelix-Mu
2013-05-05, 12:13 AM
What on earth has DR 50/anything, much less DR 50/-? Most I know of is DR 20/- for a CR 50 Devastation Beetle, or 25/epic for prismatic/force dragons.

Crazy awesome homebrew is crazy awesome.:smalltongue:

kiryoku
2013-05-05, 12:17 AM
I think that might have been sleepiness talking. x.x I tend to say random numbers when I havn't slept well in a few days. sorry about that but still four massive hits at its BA/-5/-10/-15 is better then eight at much less. +30-20= 10 damage x eight swings =80 or 135-20=115x 4 = 460 o-o so I would say off the massive strength bonus along its doing way more.