PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate--Good Equipment for Bow-Users?

Amaril
2013-05-04, 08:21 PM
Hey everybody,

I've been playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for a while, and loving every minute of it. However, I've run into a bit of a problem--I don't really know what equipment I should be using.

I'm a bow-user, and I'm currently getting ready to take on my first Gobul by grinding Barroths (for the armor set) and Royal Ludroths (for the Sponge Gear bow). However, once I got the Sponge Gear, I realized I'd essentially been wasting my time--I must not have read the stats carefully enough, because it doesn't work with the Barroth gunner armor nearly as well as I thought it did. In order to prevent something like this from happening again, I'm soliciting recommendations for good equipment progression for archers. I've tried looking on the internet for a comprehensive list of all the bows and armor in the game and all their stats, and while I've had some success with the armor (although it's difficult to tell which sets belong to which versions of the game), I can't seem to find any sites that detail all the bows in Ultimate. Can anyone help me out here?