PDA

View Full Version : The most noble pursuit.

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-05-04, 09:43 PM
So a few weeks ago, I started dressing like Bruce Campbell's character from Burn Notice Sam Axe; Johnny Bahama shirts, khaki pants and boat shoes. I've decided it's time to make the next step, since I don't have the necessary funds for chin implants, I want to get my haircut just like Bruce Campbell's.

So, what is his hairstyle called? Alternatively, should I just walk into random hairdresser's and say I want a haircut like Bruce Campbell's then walk away from anyone that doesn't instantly know what I want?

leafman
2013-05-04, 10:26 PM
I don't know why you want to look like him so much, bit creepy actually, however your best bet would be to take a photograph that shows the haircut clearly with you when you to the barber or whoever and ask to have your hair cut like that.

angrymudcrab
2013-05-04, 11:12 PM
Nothing wrong with cosplaying, though I do second the suggestion to take a picture with you when you go to the barber's.

TheCountAlucard
2013-05-05, 07:01 AM
And here the interposition of the thread title and your username had made me think that the Hand of Vecna was the most noble pursuit. :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2013-05-06, 12:15 AM
The most noble pursuit is obviously Queen Liz riding Lord Murphy after Albert II of Belgium atop Count Fleet.

GnomeFighter
2013-05-06, 03:02 AM
Yep, take a photo, preferably a few of similar hair styles, go to a half decent place, and tell them "I want something like this". Women do it all the time. You have to go somewhere reasonable because most cheap places, I have found, are not that good at restyleing.

Hand_of_Vecna
2013-05-07, 09:26 AM
Women do it all the time.

Thank you, this was going to be my exact response to the guy that called it "creepy". Haircut went well btw. I bought a linen suit the same day and it's at the tailor's. Only thing I need now is some nice handkercheifs to match different shirts.

Iana Obsidian
2013-05-08, 11:55 PM
And here the interposition of the thread title and your username had made me think that the Hand of Vecna was the most noble pursuit. :smalltongue: Or the pursuit of the eye of Vecna once one had acquired the hand of vecna. ( Don't even get me started on the head of Vecna :smallwink:)

Ravens_cry
2013-05-09, 10:16 PM
Or the pursuit of the eye of Vecna once one had acquired the hand of vecna. ( Don't even get me started on the head of Vecna :smallwink:)
The Head of Vecna is said to be a cut above the rest.

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2013-05-10, 03:40 AM
Sayin' you wanna look like The Chin should be all ya need, kiddo.

Go get 'em, Tiger. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg6bZSM48vU)