PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans Go!

kitep
2013-05-05, 12:52 AM
So now that we've had a few episodes, what do people think?

It's about what I expected, which is not a good thing. I want Young Justice back!

Ravens_cry
2013-05-05, 01:05 AM
*sigh* I wanted to like it, but, no, just no.

Kindablue
2013-05-05, 01:05 AM
I think it's a cute show. The driver's ed sketch is the only one that I've liked so far, but the rest weren't terrible.

BWR
2013-05-05, 02:18 AM
The fact that Young Justice was cancelled in favor of this only shows that the majority of people have no taste whatsoever. I couldn't even make it past the first 10 minutes before turning it off in disgust.

JadedDM
2013-05-05, 05:49 AM
I thought it was hilarious. It's great that they got all of the original voice actors back.

Xefas
2013-05-05, 06:07 AM
If you went into this show wanting it to be Teen Titans: Season 6, but with a different art style, you're probably not going to like it.

If you went into this show wanting it to be two silly skits about teenage superheroes doing relatively mundane things, with hijinks inevitably ensuing, then you will probably like it.

I liked this show.

smuchmuch
2013-05-05, 08:23 AM
Some decent jokes and ideas but I fear it'll get old pretty fast. The brand of humour it uses worked as great as 2 minutes shorts or for a couple of episodes in a more varied show but as a full season of 12 minutes segments, not so much; I'm skeptical as to how long it'll stay fresh.

Also the mixed chibi/glorified flash animation style really hurt it for me

Friv
2013-05-05, 10:32 AM
I'm still refusing to watch it in case doing so helps to convince studio executives somewhere that this is what people what in their television.

shadow_archmagi
2013-05-05, 10:46 AM
I'm still refusing to watch it in case doing so helps to convince studio executives somewhere that this is what people what in their television.

No one is monitoring your television, unless you signed up for one of those television-monitoring programs and they gave you a little box and spent ages setting it up and told you all the rules and you filled out forms and stuff.

Starbuck_II
2013-05-05, 10:50 AM
If you went into this show wanting it to be Teen Titans: Season 6, but with a different art style, you're probably not going to like it.

If you went into this show wanting it to be two silly skits about teenage superheroes doing relatively mundane things, with hijinks inevitably ensuing, then you will probably like it.

I liked this show.

But it is season 6 technically, Silky is there, Trigon (although ever member but Raven seems to be mindwiped about who he is), etc.

I was hoping for a continuing of Team Titans series, but this will do for now.

Metahuman1
2013-05-05, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry but the only redeeming thing I've seen from it thus far has been Raven.

She's getting all the best one liners, and the Brony in-joke for the first sketch was actually rather amusing.

Having said that, given that Cartoon Network is putting out so little now days, I fail to see why they couldn't have kept Young Justice on the air along with Green Lantern the Animated Series and just tacked this and that new Batman show up in addition.

JadedDM
2013-05-05, 12:13 PM
Why does everyone just assume that this Young Justice show was cancelled solely to make room for Teen Titans Go? I looked it up, and couldn't find any official source that claims this is so.

I think people are being rather unfair to this show just because it happened to replace another show.

I'm having sudden flashbacks to when Buffy the Vampire Slayer was still on the air.

t209
2013-05-05, 01:01 PM
I only watched it when pony thread link me to it on brony raven.:smallbiggrin: contradictory but I liked it.
Edit: did I happen to have an avatar based on a show about small equine.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-05, 01:11 PM
I thought it was fine. There were moments that made me laugh, and I suspect the target audience would enjoy it even more. I would've made Super Best Friends Forever the half hour series personally.

Scowling Dragon
2013-05-05, 01:16 PM
I was bluegh with it until brony in-jokes. :smallsigh: Then I was :smallannoyed:

There is only a single good show that I know of that I HOPE gets cancelled.

Pokonic
2013-05-05, 02:17 PM
It's okay, but it's not like the older series whatsoever. Not that it makes it bad, considering the old series would be hard to top by any new TT incarnation, but it's a little jarring.

Man on Fire
2013-05-05, 04:33 PM
I watched one scetch with the wishes thing and I felt like part of my soul died. Souless, trying too hard, the same annoying attitude of putting emphasis over every joke, effectively running it to the ground, so people will notice this is supposed to be funny, that turns me away from a lot of modern cartoons, horrible style of art and animation, pathetic internet culture jokes and memes...you know, this show wasn't ever one of my favorites, it was like that crazy goofball friend who either made you laugh or annoyed the hell out of you, depending on the day, and who sometimes didn't knew when to take things seriously, but seeing said friend as a junkie, living on the streets and giving service to rich old men in limos is still painful, if you know what I mean.

DigoDragon
2013-05-06, 06:50 AM
I watched the first two episodes on YouTube and it was alright. The jokes are pretty funny and I don't mind the art style. I do prefer the previous Titans cartoon, but this new series is good to watch occasionally if I got the spare time.

Metahuman1
2013-05-06, 09:11 AM
I thought it was fine. There were moments that made me laugh, and I suspect the target audience would enjoy it even more. I would've made Super Best Friends Forever the half hour series personally.

I'm inclined to agree.

DaOldeWolf
2013-05-06, 10:08 AM
It was kind of fun, not incredibly funny but entertaining nevertheless. I love Raven in this series (her character is a perfect fit for the humor). Still, I am kind of put off by the series sociopathic comedy. It just seems to me that the series will end up devolving to the characters being jerks to one another as the main source of comedy.

Ravens_cry
2013-05-06, 10:29 AM
It was kind of fun, not incredibly funny but entertaining nevertheless. I love Raven in this series (her character is a perfect fit for the humor). Still, I am kind of put off by the series sociopathic comedy. It just seems to me that the series will end up devolving to the characters being jerks to one another as the main source of comedy.
Yeah, the whole 'jerks being jerks to jerks' style of comedy never appealed to me long term. It can be funny for a while, but a series, for me at least, it doesn't work.
As for the art style, it's original, I'll give it that. I am reminded of Mission Hill's use of fluorescents in some ways.

JadedDM
2013-05-09, 05:01 PM
New episode!

Robin's hearing voices, Speedy returns, and no doubt at this point the Beast Boy/Cyborg shippers are all typing furiously in their livejournals.

Xefas
2013-05-09, 06:01 PM
The second part of this episode (The Date) had me laughing so hard I almost fell outta my chair.

The Scooby Snack thing was a kind of a dated reference, though. O_o

JadedDM
2013-05-09, 06:56 PM
The second part of this episode (The Date) had me laughing so hard I almost fell outta my chair.

The Scooby Snack thing was a kind of a dated reference, though. O_o

Agreed with the first sentence!

As for the second, is it? I don't keep up with it, but aren't they still making Scooby-Doo cartoon iterations? (Ah, here. Just looked it up. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated ran from April 2010 to April 2013; so it just ended last month.)

Xefas
2013-05-09, 07:44 PM
As for the second, is it? I don't keep up with it, but aren't they still making Scooby-Doo cartoon iterations? (Ah, here. Just looked it up. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated ran from April 2010 to April 2013; so it just ended last month.)

Weird! I think the last Scooby Doo related thing I saw was pre-2000. Surely they're not still using the same 'Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?' gag as the one in the late 1960s?

There's a running gag, and then there's beating a dead horse.

Mystic Muse
2013-05-09, 08:47 PM
Weird! I think the last Scooby Doo related thing I saw was pre-2000. Surely they're not still using the same 'Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?' gag as the one in the late 1960s?

There's a running gag, and then there's beating a dead horse.

Not sure about that new series, but in some videos from when I was a kid, which were from the 2000s, they were still using that joke.

Kitten Champion
2013-05-10, 01:37 AM
I want a Bane teddy bear.

Man on Fire
2013-05-10, 01:03 PM
Agreed with the first sentence!

Mystery Inc. is kinda bad exampe when you're going with "Scooby Snack jokes are still relevant" as it was the show that didn't even once mention Scooby Snacks. they were too busy with all that fighting against murderous parrots and Satan.

Jayngfet
2013-05-10, 01:57 PM
Mystery Inc. is kinda bad exampe when you're going with "Scooby Snack jokes are still relevant" as it was the show that didn't even once mention Scooby Snacks. they were too busy with all that fighting against murderous parrots and Satan.

They did reference Scooby Snacks, more than once. It wasn't the "once an episode" thing it was in older series but it was there and was once a plot point.

JadedDM
2013-05-15, 05:09 PM
New episode!

Robin tries to learn how to relax, there's a dispute over who does the laundry, and fangirls take pics of Robin's junk. :smallbiggrin:

Xefas
2013-05-16, 04:20 PM
I think I found my first problem with the show, courtesy, of all things, a youtube comment.

Here's a screenshot of Raven's first appearance in Go! without her hood up. She's wearing Robin's clothing, but you get the idea (its happened before). From the latest episode; Laundry Day.

http://i.imgur.com/DxtQdWl.png

Here's a screenshot of Raven from a Teen Titans Go! promotional game on the Cartoon Network site prior to the release of the show itself, utilizing what I have to assume is an earlier, scrapped design.

http://i.imgur.com/itJZriS.png

That was an... odd choice of revision, in my opinion.

DeltaEmil
2013-05-16, 08:18 PM
The head on the first picture is huuuuuuuge. I would have preferred the concept design, but aside from that, I like Teen Titans Go!

AdmiralCheez
2013-05-16, 09:03 PM
Wow, yeah, Raven without hood looks weird. I think it reminds me too much of that girl from the Tron sequel, whatever her name was. I'll agree that the concept picture looked better.

JadedDM
2013-05-30, 01:47 AM
Guys...

What the heck was that under Starfire's bed?

Felhammer
2013-05-30, 09:10 PM
It's not teen titans season 6 but it's still pretty fun.

Starbuck_II
2013-05-30, 11:00 PM
Guys...

Probably her sister? We never did see Blackfire again...

I loved Silke's adventures.

slayerx
2013-05-31, 12:05 AM
Guys...

It would appear to be the skeleton of the Deadman (who is actually a ghost)... what's its doing under starfire's bed? no clue.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-01, 01:14 PM
Why?! WHY?! It was great before! What happened? :smallfrown:

Man on Fire
2013-06-01, 01:22 PM
Why?! WHY?! It was great before! What happened? :smallfrown:

Cartoon Network accepts now only shows that are horrible and made in Flash or with Batman.

Hattish Thing
2013-06-01, 01:41 PM
I don't enjoy flash, but Batman is amazing.

But... Really? They were COOL! :smallfrown:

inuyasha
2013-06-05, 11:37 PM
I'll watch it...but Im unimpressed. Honestly the original show had a little bit of a dark aspect to it, a little scary part. Raven was the spawn of a demon from another dimension, robin was obsessed with slade, and always wondering why, who, and where he was, starfire was serious, and she was an alien queen who didnt know about earth very much (the new show is emphasizing that), beast boy was comedic, but still had VERY serious moments, and if you think about, or have read about, his past, its very tragic, and as for cyborg, hes not all machine, he has a human side, there was a part where his mechanical hand came off and you saw the actual decayed flesh of his real hand underneath, and there was other parts where you saw that human side...that emotion behind him, what is keeping him from being all robot. also slade...freakin' ron perlman!

So I'll watch it...but Im unimpressed :(

kpenguin
2013-06-06, 12:14 AM
I think it should be reiterated that Teen Titans Go! is and never was intended to be a continuation or replacement for Teen Titans. The fact that it comes several years later and has a completely different format should clue in on that, though the similar character designs and the same voice actors are confusing.

Really, Teen titans Go! shouldn't be compared to "serious" or semi-serious superhero shows like Teen Titans, Justice League, Young Justice, or even the likes of Batman the Brave and the Bold. Its primarily a comedy shorts show that is more comprable to, say, Powerpuff Girls. Or Spongebob. Or perhaps Adventure Time.

and I think in that respect I find that Teen Titans Go... still doesn't match up. Its not Gravity Falls or Phineas and Ferb. Its joke lack that certain heart to them, I feel. The characters lack that certain dimension of humanity that adds to the show's humor and yet at the same time lack insane quirkiness or edge that likewise adds to humor.

It could have been more like a longer versioon of Super Best Friends Forever or the Justice Friends. As it is now , its just sort of... bland.

Kitten Champion
2013-06-06, 01:14 AM
and I think in that respect I find that Teen Titans Go... still doesn't match up. Its not Gravity Falls or Phineas and Ferb. Its joke lack that certain heart to them, I feel. The characters lack that certain dimension of humanity that adds to the show's humor and yet at the same time lack insane quirkiness or edge that likewise adds to humor.

It could have been more like a longer versioon of Super Best Friends Forever or the Justice Friends. As it is now , its just sort of... bland.

After watching all the episodes up to the present, I agree with this opinion. It doesn't really stand out in any particular way. Even giving it some leeway it's just pretty adequate. The episode where Trigon comes around acting like the father from a 50's sitcom, felt like it was trying very hard to be the bits with Marceline and her father from Adventure Time and it didn't seem like it was trying to differentiate itself much in any meaningful way.

I think the biggest problem is the show they're spoofing to a degree was never very serious. Humour works well when you mock something that takes itself too seriously. Teen Titans was already pretty light hearted and filled with gag humour, ready to make fun of itself at any moment.

kpenguin
2013-06-06, 01:50 AM
I mean you can spoof comedy. I can think of a myraid different parodies of the romantic comedy or the classic sitcom and so forth. But poking fun of comedy is more poking fun of the formula, a sort of metahumor that isn't really what Teen Titans Go! is shooting for.

Man on Fire
2013-06-06, 06:40 AM
I think it should be reiterated that Teen Titans Go! is and never was intended to be a continuation or replacement for Teen Titans. The fact that it comes several years later and has a completely different format should clue in on that, though the similar character designs and the same voice actors are confusing.

It doesn't help they have exactly the same name, old show was also called Teen Titans Go!, not Teen Titans.

kpenguin
2013-06-06, 11:54 AM
As far as I can tell (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teen_Titans_%28TV_series%29), the official name of the 2003-2006 series was Teen Titans, as used by the network, in promotional materials, in merchandising, and so forth. The phrase "Teen Titans go" was in the theme song and was used as the name for the comic based on the animated series, but unless I'm not finding the relevant material, I don't find anything that tells me the old series was named Teen Titans Go! Perhaps an imported version of the show was entitled as such?

John Cribati
2013-06-06, 12:06 PM
The fact that Young Justice was cancelled in favor of this

No. False. Incorrect. Wrong.
The reason that Young Justice and Green Lantern were cancelled was because Cartoon Network didn't think their toy lines would sell. It had nothing to do with viewership whatsoever, especially since those shows consistently had ratings in the top ten- if not top five- for the channel, with millions of viewers every Saturday. It's the same reason Nickelodeon will still play four to six hours of Spongebob every day, but literally have not played a single episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender (Which in its time, beat out Hannah Montana in ratings) on its main channel since the series finale years ago.

It doesn't help they have exactly the same name, old show was also called Teen Titans Go!, not Teen Titans.

No, the old show was, in fact, called Teen Titans. However, Teen Titans Go was also the name of comic that continued from the Animated series.

As to the show itself, I like it, for what it is. Maybe it was just me, but I greatly enjoyed the sillier episodes of the original series, and I love Crack Fic, so I really have no problem. Not that I expect it to win awards or anything, but I always enjoy myself. Also, there's a lot of not-so-subtle hints/reference to a Beast Boy/Raven relationship.

JadedDM
2013-06-26, 01:30 PM
Poor, poor Zan. The butt-monkey of the DC universe.

Jayngfet
2013-06-26, 03:43 PM
No. False. Incorrect. Wrong.
The reason that Young Justice and Green Lantern were cancelled was because Cartoon Network didn't think their toy lines would sell. It had nothing to do with viewership whatsoever, especially since those shows consistently had ratings in the top ten- if not top five- for the channel, with millions of viewers every Saturday. It's the same reason Nickelodeon will still play four to six hours of Spongebob every day, but literally have not played a single episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender (Which in its time, beat out Hannah Montana in ratings) on its main channel since the series finale years ago.

Well gee, I wonder why that is.

I mean it's not like Cartoon Network didn't put those shows on random infinite hiatuses in rapid succession. I mean without that they surely would have failed. I mean it's not like they weren't using a bunch of characters that were already popular from other shows. Please, tell me how hard it is to sell toys featuring characters on a show that was popular with it's target demographic despite attempts to stop it, which were also in many cases featured in two or three other popular shows, coming from a series of popular comics.

I find this is the same thing as Sym-Bionic Titan: They don't actually promote the toys, of which in some cases are nearly non existent. Then they proceed to shut it down for poor toy sales. While at the very same time over about half a dozen cases or more the major talent behind these shows seems to get screwed over(Faust and Weisman both seem pretty upfront that CN had been jerking them around on their respective work. I don't think they even paid Weisman for some of the work he did on season two). Right after that the shows that replace them seem to have increasing amounts of work done cheaper and outsourced out of country.

Young Justice and Green Lantern weren't cancelled out of impartial business decisions. They got cancelled because the network had it out for them basically from day one. Just like the network had it out for a bunch of other shows that were also jerked around and obviously screwed over. The numbers in and decisions in and of themselves make this evident. Before the most recent CEO of Cartoon Network came on board, the channel had multiple award winning shows going all at once. Suddenly in rapid succession over a couple of years they all basically evaporate and people who've been there for years are now moving on.

If there was an actual effort to make these shows work and they failed I could come to terms with that and move on, but right now I'm not even close to getting that vibe.

John Cribati
2013-06-26, 03:58 PM
If there was an actual effort to make these shows work and they failed I could come to terms with that and move on, but right now I'm not even close to getting that vibe.

Well, the great heaping pile of bull official explanation for Green Lantern was that the toy line from the Live Action movie didn't sell well, and since it was so fresh in consumers' minds, a toy line with a similar name would also do poorly.

Darth Credence
2013-06-26, 04:51 PM
I enjoy the show. I never watched Teen Titans for some reason, so I don't have that to compare it to. But I watched Young Justice and GL, and enjoyed when they had DC Nation shorts with the Titans in it. This is basically a continuation of that, and I like it. Driver's Ed has probably been the stand out thus far, but most of them have been at least somewhat funny.

Carry2
2013-07-04, 09:38 AM
Before the most recent CEO of Cartoon Network came on board, the channel had multiple award winning shows going all at once. Suddenly in rapid succession over a couple of years they all basically evaporate and people who've been there for years are now moving on.
Interesting. Who's the new CEO? (Also, I am duty-bound to inquire, who was the prior incumbent, and did they make the network more money?)

Metahuman1
2013-07-04, 11:14 AM
It would be worth it to become Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne levels or rich just to go and buy Warner Bros. and as part of the deal Cartoon NetWork, for no other purpose then to walk into a meeting of the board of directors and fire the CEO.

One of the first things I'd do would be to turn around and get Lauren Faust to do a full 20+ minute Cartoon for Super Best Friends Forever. And probably bring back the team's for Young Justice and GL: TAS and tell them to just sorta slap an extra title on both shows and pic up where they left off.

Loki_42
2013-07-04, 07:52 PM
I really like this show, and don't get where all the hate is coming from. Granted, I didn't watch a lot of the old Teen Titans for some reason, but this is actually making me want to go back and correct that. If nothing else, this is non-canon and does nothing to invalidate the old show.

smuchmuch
2013-07-05, 04:06 AM
I though, once passed the 'they gave up a third season of youngsutice for that' bias , I might really love it.
My favorite episodes of the old teen titans show were "revolution' and 'Bunny raven'. Normaly I love fourth wall breaking self aware sureal humour. I don't mind sociopathic humour and splastick and randomness. Iliked the animated shorts who were the base this series was imagined from. I should be eating it up.

But nope.
Maybe it's because the characters comes as too out of characters compared to the original show (even taking in count it's not in continuity and exageration of flaws for comedic purpose), maybe it's because it feels so random but it jsut miss the mark more often that it hits for me.
And overall it just feels ...bland and overdrawn.

and a second season has already been confirmed, bleh.

Carry2
2013-07-05, 04:59 AM
It would be worth it to become Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne levels or rich just to go and buy Warner Bros. and as part of the deal Cartoon NetWork, for no other purpose then to walk into a meeting of the board of directors and fire the CEO.
"Starving orphans? Bah! I want my favourite cartoon (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/no-right-answer/7659-90s-Cartoon-Most-Deserving-a-Reboot)*!"

I'm not saying that the economic argument is ironclad, in the sense that "they had to kill Young Justice and GLTAS because merchandise, story be damned". Just look what happened to Disney in the Eisner era. The cynical cash-grab works for a while, but in the long term you'll probably poison your brand. (I'd suspect that even if the new CEO's aware of this, he's planning to bail with a golden parachute by then, but I'm not really privy to the details of CN's financial record. Hence I was hoping someone else could fill in the details.)

I though, once passed the 'they gave up a third season of youngsutice for that' bias , I might really love it.
My favorite episodes of the old teen titans show were "revolution' and 'Bunny raven'. Normaly I love fourth wall breaking self aware sureal humour.
To be honest, I kinda thought that was the real strong point of the original series myself. I know there was a serious edge to it underneath, etc., but I tend to file it in the same mental category as Brave and the Bold- it doesn't really add up to anything terribly consequential, but it's consistently amusing and occasionally hilarious. There's a number of episodes where it's pretty clear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXZddpxagPg&t=1m4s) that the writers are just having a lot of fun.

As for the new series- I've caught one or two episodes, and it seems harmless enough. I actually rather like the animation style.

* Swat Kats can go die in a fire. Gargoyles needs a third season. ...a real third season. Largely indifferent to SBFF myself, but you might check out Gotham Girls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVhRTxw7Obw&noredirect=1). And possibly this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVYycCqGaEk).

JadedDM
2013-07-05, 06:50 PM
I primarily watched the old Teen Titans for the humor. So TTG! is awesome in my book.

t209
2013-07-09, 03:54 AM
One thing about Teen Titans is that it was the one that introduced me to Doom Patrol (I hope I didn't offend the Grant Morrison fans). I think Grant Morrison's Doom Patrol might baffle Teen Titans fans, which is same as Star Fire from DC Reboot (Especially the one about the bandolier wearing Gorilla and brain dude's "relationship").

Carry2
2013-07-10, 07:44 AM
To be honest, I kinda thought that was the real strong point of the original series myself. I know there was a serious edge to it underneath, etc., but I tend to file it in the same mental category as Brave and the Bold- it doesn't really add up to anything terribly consequential, but it's consistently amusing and occasionally hilarious.
To be clear, I'm not saying that the character development or longer-running plotlines were bad or anything. But they were usually closer to something from Total Drama Island than the likes of Phantom 2040. While TTG is likely to be lacking in that department, they at least have animation + humour on par with the Power Puff Girls or MLP:FIM. 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Believe me, it could be much, much worse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majesty_2:_The_Fantasy_Kingdom_Sim). (And I will miss that theme tune (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhNLeAG6iM).)

AstralFire
2013-07-10, 07:53 AM
Based on what little I know about TV, it's possible there's a round of executives trying to make it up by destroying everything their predecessors had hands in building up, so as to make their own resumes look better in comparison. That's what doomed Firefly - one executive greenlit it, another wanted to look better than the guy who greenlit it.

Soras Teva Gee
2013-07-10, 11:32 AM
Caught some of this show finally and decided it deserves pretty much zero of the hate I've seen it get.

Obviously its a taken a different direction but in doing so in became decidedly superior to the original incarnation in one very important aspect: Its actually pretty funny.

I always just kinda suffered through the antics of previous Titans show. Occaisonally amused, but it wasn't really what kept me watching. Actually the fundamentally solid character design is probably the only thing that held my interest.

The storytelling, well (when it happened) it wasn't bad... but back in the day I know I was guilty of unfavorably comparing the Titans to the DCAU. Which I think is a pertinent dose of perspective here, there was plenty of hate for our first incarnation, especially for the first few seasons the show was running.

And "DCAU-lite" is still pretty accurate for Teen Titans for that matter. Just now I think I realize that "-lite" part isn't a terribly bad thing at all. And even the DCAU is pretty lite next to Young Justice, which risks being pretty depressing to watch. That all said Teen Titans does have a bit of an identity crisis and I felt that the price it paid was that when it did comedy, it wasn't terribly good at it. Maybe I just got over that pizza obsession thing with TMNT.

Teen Titans Go... now that's funny.

Admittedly they played me shamelessly opening with possibly the best pony joke ever, but I didn't stop laughing with future episodes.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-10, 11:43 AM
I thought the show was pretty funny. I missed the first episode so I'm not familiar with the aforementioned pony joke. That's probably for the best. I would have preferred YJ but I understand that CN would have cancelled it anyway with their stupid executive decisions, so I'm happy they have something that makes me laugh.
Plus, all the DC jokes, my gosh. The Lantern's ring, Deadman's remains, batman and the commissioner, I'm honestly surprised how much I'm catching and enjoying despite not ever touching the comics.
Although this does really make me wonder why they couldn't get BB's actor for YJ even though he's clearly willing to do the role. Then again, I'm pretty sure they had Phil Lamar in that show but not as the GL even though he's a character, so who knows what they were thinking?

John Cribati
2013-07-10, 12:46 PM
Although this does really make me wonder why they couldn't get BB's actor for YJ even though he's clearly willing to do the role. Then again, I'm pretty sure they had Phil Lamar in that show but not as the GL even though he's a character, so who knows what they were thinking?

Seeing as Khary Payton (Cyborg) did Aqualad's voice, I think it's just that the creators didn't want viewers making too much connection between the two shows.

smuchmuch
2013-07-14, 01:06 AM
(Oh, thanks a lot teen titans go !, now I'm going to hear SHODAN voice everytime I see Cyborg.)

I think it's that BB's voice in teen titans/teen titans sound kind of, well, slightly cartooninsh (at least, I think it does sound that way), weither Young justice wanted itself more more serious and wanted a voice that sounded more 'normal'.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-14, 01:13 AM
I think it's that BB's voice in teen titans/teen titans sound kind of, well, slightly cartooninsh (at least, I think it does sound that way), weither Young justice wanted itself more more serious and wanted a voice that sounded more 'normal'.

See now, I totally agree.
Except he acts almost exactly the same, just with some shenanigans taken out because YJ obeys the laws of physics a bit more often. I mean, it's not jarring, I never thought it was bad, I was mostly just curious since they really didn't change the character much at all, so it's reasonable to get someone who has experience with the character. YJ's voice does fine in my opinion.

t209
2013-07-14, 01:23 AM
I thought the show was pretty funny. I missed the first episode so I'm not familiar with the aforementioned pony joke. That's probably for the best. I would have preferred YJ but I understand that CN would have cancelled it anyway with their stupid executive decisions, so I'm happy they have something that makes me laugh.
Plus, all the DC jokes, my gosh. The Lantern's ring, Deadman's remains, batman and the commissioner, I'm honestly surprised how much I'm catching and enjoying despite not ever touching the comics.
That's nothing important.
The point was that Raven's voice actor played as Twilight Sparkle on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Deathkeeper
2013-07-14, 11:30 PM
That's nothing important.
The point was that Raven's voice actor played as Twilight Sparkle on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. But some of them hated that references, especially a certain dragon.

She was also Barbara in Batman: TAS!
And then you lost me. The characters hated the reference another show made? How does that work?
Unless there was a dragon in the TTG episode. Like I said, missed that one, so I don't know who you're referring to.

t209
2013-07-17, 03:00 AM
She was also Barbara in Batman: TAS!
And then you lost me. The characters hated the reference another show made? How does that work?
Unless there was a dragon in the TTG episode. Like I said, missed that one, so I don't know who you're referring to.
I mean some of Teen Titans fans might hate the brony references, which include various people in this forum.

zenoisy
2013-08-12, 01:49 AM
it was good when i was little, was thinking of rewatching it tho after i finish watching the batman animated series