PDA

View Full Version : Powerful medium/large statue.

Qintopon
2013-05-05, 01:34 AM
I'm trying to find a monster that would be effective as a less powerful avatar of a deity with no divinity and it doesn't matter if it's OP. It definitely needs to be over CR 12 though but not above CR 20. I'm tempted just to Change the size class on a colossal animated object and give it an intelligence score but I think there might be a better way and I'm just unfamiliar with the monster manual. Any ideas?

Skysaber
2013-05-05, 01:41 AM
I'm trying to find a monster that would be effective as a less powerful avatar of a deity with no divinity and it doesn't matter if it's OP. It definitely needs to be over CR 12 though but not above CR 20. I'm tempted just to Change the size class on a colossal animated object and give it an intelligence score but I think there might be a better way and I'm just unfamiliar with the monster manual. Any ideas?

Try a Great Stone Golem. There are a number of ways that it could have an int score, just rule that it's creator used one of those, and you're set.

If you're looking for a little more work, add the Sacred Guardian template out of the Bestiary of Krynn to your stone golem. The flavor would be almost perfect, but you don't have to.

Just to Browse
2013-05-05, 01:47 AM
Walk into the club, what's up I got a big rock. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/golem.htm)

If you're looking to give it an intelligence by RAW, I recommend making an incarnate greater stone golem with the half-golem template (I know that sounds dumb, but RAW is RAW). Otherwise, just give it an Int of 11 and some skill points--the thing is above CR 12 so it's not going to be that big of a deal.

Qintopon
2013-05-05, 03:29 AM
Thanks for all the input I really appreciate the bestiary of Krynn idea.