PDA

View Full Version : Dread Necromancer Priest Help

Dark Kerman
2013-05-05, 07:00 AM
Hullo. :smallsmile: I'm currently playing a 6th level DN, and was considering prestiging out into some form of Divine PRC (The character is a complete fanatic to her god and is an ordained priest, but doesn't have any divine casting). I was wondering if anyone may know of a good PrC that may fit her? Thank you for your time

Dark Kerman

Silva Stormrage
2013-05-05, 08:57 AM
Hm, well what do you mean by "Divine" a class that needs divine caster levels? That might be a bit difficult if you don't have any of the ways to qualify (southern magician, etc).

Bone Knight (Eberron Five Nations) would be interesting, might be hard to qualify for at this point though do to the skill and divine caster level requirements.

Walker in the Waste (Sand Storm) turns you into a lich that has cha instead of con to HD. With retraining this becomes a bit easier but still difficult. Depending on your optimization level a 1 level dip in cloistered cleric might make this a lot easier to qualify for.

Rainbow Warsnake is a somewhat cheesier option but it IS easy to qualify for. Once you hit level 10 you become able to spontaneously cast all cleric spells. Text trumps table so its a full spellcasting progression class.

One suggestion is try getting a psion to use psychic reformation to get your build more in line to qualify. http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psychicReformation.htm

graymachine
2013-05-05, 09:54 AM
Um, need a lot more to go on than you are looking for a divine PrC. What's you build? What are you trying to do with your build? What are you willing to lose? Etc?

From an optimization perspective, you need a compelling reason to take anything other than more cleric levels.

Urpriest
2013-05-05, 11:01 AM
I think the idea is not a PrC that advances divine casting, but rather a PrC with divine themes that advances arcane casting, like Divine Oracle.

On that note, what deity does your character worship?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-05-05, 11:35 AM
Arcane Devotee?

Fyermind
2013-05-05, 12:35 PM
Ask for an adaptation of rainbow servant...

kreenlover
2013-05-05, 02:42 PM
there was a class in players guide to faerun, let me check...

... and whaddya know? someones already mentioned the arcane devotee. Basically, its a full arcane casting progression, with divine themes. get bonuses when casting with divine casters, bonuses on saving throws vs divine, and free enlarge spell uses.

Also, there was the feat Arcane Disciple? Arcane somethingorother? from complete divine or complete champion. Let you get a domain for one feat slot, believe it gave you the domain power, and the domain spells as arcane spells. those two together could get some nice thematics going. Also increases your spell list, and gives you a domain power.

Hope these help!

Dark Kerman
2013-05-07, 06:18 AM
@Silva Stormrage - I was more for something with a divine, deity influenced casting set up. Those are some decent suggestions mind.

@graymachine: Not too worried about optimisation really, I was just wondering if there was any divine PrC with forgiving prereqs that she could maybe dip into or some such. I have no real intentions of build, just going to see what feels right.

@Urpriest: Indeed it is. :smallbiggrin: She worships a TN god of secrets from the DM's campaign (Erebros - God of night, secrets, darkness, undead etc). Will check divine oracle in a bit, but afb atm.

@Kreenlover and Kuulvheysoon: Just checked Arcane Devotee, that's definitly the sort of thing I was looking for. Got it okayed so may well end up taking it. :smallsmile:

@Fyermind: Fairly sure my DM would throw the players handbook at me for that, were we not gaming over the web. :smalltongue: