PDA

View Full Version : Incorporeal and attack

Melcar
2013-05-05, 03:59 PM
Hi... Im sure this has been asked before, but here goes.

When my Necromacer friend summons a shadow, or allip or some other incorporeal undead, via the summon undead spell, how does the combat work?

The touch attack that these incorporeal creatures have, do they have 50% miss chance agains corporeal creatures or do they hit 100% of the time? It says that they (incorporea cant interact with mundane items so is there a 100% miss chance if you attack such a creaturewith a normal longsword?

Thanks

Keneth
2013-05-05, 04:29 PM
Incorporeal touch attack always hit normally. Incorporeal creatures are also completely immune to mundane weapons and ignore damage from magical sources 50% of the time.

More on incorporeal creatures here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#incorporealSubtype).

BWR
2013-05-05, 04:55 PM
That's if you play 3.x
In Pathfinder, incorporeal beings take 50% damage from magical weapons rather than having a miss chance.

Melcar
2013-05-06, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the answers... I have had real trouble finding the answer in the books. And I was realy not sure weather or not an incorporeal creature would miss 50% of the time when attacking corporeal creatres...

Thanks again

TuggyNE
2013-05-06, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the answers... I have had real trouble finding the answer in the books. And I was realy not sure weather or not an incorporeal creature would miss 50% of the time when attacking corporeal creatres...

They only get a miss chance if they're attacking with a conventional weapon that happens to be incorporeal (for example, a ghost that had a +1 longspear when it died); if the weapon is ghost touch, it suffers no miss chance, and if it's non-magical, it suffers 100% miss chance. This is pretty rare, though, since most incorporeal creatures have no way to get incorporeal weapons, nor any real reason to use them.