PDA

View Full Version : What to do with a half fey?

CyberThread
2013-05-05, 07:45 PM
What can you do with a half fey sort of creature, without being full caster ((minus two LA and all that)).

I don't mind a duskblade idea, just worried on how to take advantage of the realitivly well done thing, without going crazy, but am trying to figure out what the hell to do with those butterfly wings lol.

:s and find decent pictures of something looking fierce with friggen butterfly wings lol.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-05-05, 07:52 PM
Warlock for sure, and you can dip Mindbender without spending an invocation on Charm thanks to your spell-like abilities. The wings save you an invocation spent on flight, and you can pick up Flyby Attack at 1st level.

Put it on a Lesser Aasimar or a Gnome or anything else that qualifies for the feat Magic in the Blood from PGtF. That makes all of your 1/day racial spell-like abilities usable 3/day.

The Ravensong
2013-05-06, 12:34 PM
A half fey Kakita (Which makes Iaijutsu focus a class skill) Samurai/Warlock that jumps into Iaijutsu Master sounds pretty interesting to me. Use your warlock skill points to pump social skills and RP the social grace of the crane clan and utilize the murderous strike blast shape invocation to shine in iaijutsu... or to replace it if either your DM isn't cool with Iaijutsu or you want to tone the characters power down.
As far as "Doing it well", if you go the Iaijutsu route, grab the lesser invocation walk unseen to represent unseelie/dark fey parentage... and take the opportunity to re-position yourself and re-sheathe your katana so you murderous strike/iaijutsu focus every other round.
Even you don't go with Iaijutsu focus then you can still make invocation choices to represent your fey heritage fluffwise, grabbing things like beguiling influence to give yourself another boost to your face skills so you can be the party face, entropic warding to help protect you from pesky arrows and ray spells... You'll find a lot of interesting abilities and buffs that will both reflect your character's heritage as well as keep yourself useful at a +2 LA

Zombulian
2013-05-06, 02:29 PM
A half fey Kakita (Which makes Iaijutsu focus a class skill) Samurai/Warlock that jumps into Iaijutsu Master sounds pretty interesting to me. Use your warlock skill points to pump social skills and RP the social grace of the crane clan and utilize the murderous strike blast shape invocation to shine in iaijutsu... or to replace it if either your DM isn't cool with Iaijutsu or you want to tone the characters power down.
As far as "Doing it well", if you go the Iaijutsu route, grab the lesser invocation walk unseen to represent unseelie/dark fey parentage... and take the opportunity to re-position yourself and re-sheathe your katana so you murderous strike/iaijutsu focus every other round.
Even you don't go with Iaijutsu focus then you can still make invocation choices to represent your fey heritage fluffwise, grabbing things like beguiling influence to give yourself another boost to your face skills so you can be the party face, entropic warding to help protect you from pesky arrows and ray spells... You'll find a lot of interesting abilities and buffs that will both reflect your character's heritage as well as keep yourself useful at a +2 LA

Kakita? I need to know where this is from. NEED.
Oh is it just a human clan from Rokugan?

BWR
2013-05-06, 02:45 PM
More accurately, a family from the Crane Clan of Rokugan.
Artists and duelists extraordinaire.

dysprosium
2013-05-06, 02:46 PM

Yes it is one of the five major families of the Crane.

The Ravensong
2013-05-06, 03:12 PM

In the Rokugan Campaign setting book they give the families of each clan a favored class and a skill that is always treated as a class skill. The Kakita family from the crane clan makes your favored class either Samurai or Courtier and your favored skill Iaijutsu Focus (if you choose samurai) or Perform (if you choose courtier). It's on page 9 if you have the book handy.

Zombulian
2013-05-06, 05:21 PM
Laaaaame. And yea jeez I went to my Rokugan book immediately and figured it out. But I guess it was important enough that THREE people needed to confirm it.

The Ravensong
2013-05-06, 07:07 PM
Laaaaame. And yea jeez I went to my Rokugan book immediately and figured it out. But I guess it was important enough that THREE people needed to confirm it.

Iaijutsu Focus is serious business. Iaijutsu focus as a class skill even more so.