PDA

View Full Version : Necron in D20 Help

CIDE
2013-05-05, 10:10 PM
Before we start I'd like to throw out this isn't being built as an enemy in mind but rather for a comparatively fair and even player character.

Now that the disclaimer is out of the way I'm playing in an "Anything d20" game with its roots partially in the Warhammer 40k universe. We're starting not only at level 1 but no level adjusts or otherwise above ECL 1 characters. The game will jump universes so not everyone else will be using something based in 40k; primarily just myself and one other guy that's really interested in building a Tau in a Crysis suit.

Anyway, due to the starting level and the requirements I was looking at refluffing a Warforged with the trollblooded feat. It's already been approved as well as flaws. The DM also allowed me to use android and cyborg parts/upgrades from D20 future on the warforged. I was leaning towards basically a rogue (ex-Khansu dynasty) Cryptek and using either the Artificer or Psionic Artificer class to emulate that.

I was just wondering what you guys thought of the ideas? Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm unsure of the optimization levels of everyone else except one who is going with the Dynamic Sorcerer from BESM (which, IIRC, is the StP Erudite but better).

Urpriest
2013-05-05, 10:48 PM
What does "Anything d20" mean in this context? If it means you can stray outside of 3.5 material, I would strongly consider using a d20 Future robot as your race. Much more customizable than a warforged, for one.

CIDE
2013-05-05, 11:53 PM
Pretty much anything that operates under D20 rules. We have one guy using BESM. Another guy probably going straight D20 future. One guy probably using Pathfinder.

Also, as mentioned before the DM already houseruled it that I can use any robot part/upgrade (AND cybernetics) from D20 Future for the warforged. So I wouldn't really gain anything from using either the Biodroid or Bioreplica. I liked the Liquid metal robot but that's too powerful to be played using D20 future's rules.