PDA

View Full Version : The Goddess Liberators (IC)

Halberd
2013-05-05, 10:21 PM
Located at the center of the great continent of Talviria, the ancient city-state of Brixham has stood untouched for uncounted years. The great conflicts that enveloped the lands around the city have somehow never touched it, resulting in its status as something of a peaceful melting pot where all are welcome, so long as they do not do anything to disturb its peace.
It is in this city that six well-traveled adventurers find themselves, standing before an age-old temple to a goddess they are unfamiliar with. They have come here from all across Talviria, with little in common except the faintly glowing white symbol that had recently appeared on the back of each of their hands, as well as the disembodied voice that urged them to come to Brixham immediately, or risk near-certain death. They each have also experienced repeated close calls with assassins on their way to the city, with no knowledge of why these people wanted them dead.
As they stand before the temple, which seems to be little more than a tourist attraction, an enthusiastic woman in green robes bearing the symbol upon the backs of their hands rushes up to them.
Oh, thank Rauha! You're all here and alive! Come, quickly!
She leads the confused adventurers to an unobtrusive door in the wall of the temple and down a spiral staircase to the main chamber of the temple's surprisingly well-kept catacombs. In the main chamber, there is a great mural depicting a calm-looking figure holding back a black-armored legion from a city that looks very much like central Brixham. Beneath it stands a halfling man in elaborate white robes who looks at you with appraising eyes. He raises his hand towards the six in greeting.
Well met, chosen ones. You may be wondering why we have brought you here, and why you have been attacked on your way. Perhaps it would be best to start from the beginning.
You see, this temple is dedicated to Rauha, goddess of peace and protection. What we now know as Brixham was once her holy city. However, soon after the city was built, she was lost in the battle against the primordials, not dead but exiled to a distant dimension. Our goal is to free her so that she can bring peace to this land once more. Just think... the conflicts between elves and dwarves, between dragonborn and tieflings, between various human kingdoms, all fixed! We shall save untold lives!
But we need a certain artifact to free her, known the Plane Key. After years of searching and scrying, I found it, located in the Ulvran Mountains. I hired a party of six adventurers to find it, but it never got here. As it turns out, each of the adventurers, except for their young sorceress, decided to take a part of the Key when they parted ways. Its potent energies have corrupted them over time, transforming them into powerful, influential individuals that are dangerous to go up against. I used a ritual of my own to seek out those strong and skilled enough to recover the Key and identified you. Unfortunately, I used a bit too much energy in casting the ritual and accidentally identified you to those in the service of the ones with the Key pieces, as well as others who would rather not have her freed. So I hastily contacted you and told you to come here as quickly as you could.
The halfling sighs and sits in an ancient, ornate chair.
Well, that's why you're here. Any questions?

Arq Kujos
2013-05-05, 11:12 PM
The tall Paladin speaks first, his voice echoing loudly from behind his silvery, winged helm. "A long lost goddess? Her powers of peace would be amazingly beneficial towards spreading civilization across the world. What good is peace if it does not bring salvation and progress to those who enjoy it?" He brushed aside his thick blue cloak as he made grand hand movements. His hand started to glow a soft blue, and he held it aloft. "If she is the spark to bring about peace and salvation, then I'll carry her torch to the halls of Erathis, where it will illuminate the world with the glorious peace that civilization can bring."

His armor is remarkably shiny, polished to a honed sheen, even in the soft light of the chamber. Covered head to toe, he looks as implacable as the stone walls of the city or the great pillars that were holding the temple aloft. A symbol of Erathis hung from his neck, made of platinum and gold, beaten into the shape of a castle's crenelations. A second symbol hung from his right wrist as a bracelet. The symbol was also adorned his large shield. A soft blue undershirt was visible through his armor's side openings. His large boots were made of heavy metal fitted over large leather boots. At his side hung an old looking sword, fitted snugly into a sheath of steel and dark brown wood.

It is hard to see any physical features of the paladin. His armor obscures any attempt to see his face or his body, though it is clear he must be quite strong to wear such armor so openly and so freely. His voice is deep and clear, and it holds a strong metallic echo thanks to his helmet. His standing posture is very professional and straight, like someone almost holding their breath. When he moves, he takes bold, powerful movements.

Eliyos stopped shining his hand like a torch, waving off the blue light the same way one would shake off some dirt. "I am Ser Eliyos, knight of Erathis and of the law. It is her that I represent. With her guiding hand of compassion and her steadfast support, we can accomplish anything. I am honored to meet you, your Holiness. Might I inquire your name?"

Halberd
2013-05-06, 07:44 AM
The halfling nods.
I am glad to have you on my side, Eliyos. I am Frederick Bekaeron, High Priest of Rauha. Anyone else?

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-06, 12:02 PM
Zel'phir is dressed from head to toe in dark clothing that hides his features. Always ready for battle, he carries his jagged blade in his left hand, and a crossbow in his right.

http://www.blade-empire.com/Kit_Rae/ARCHIVE-2008-0816/Kris_Blade_Talisman-Dagger-KR0016.jpg
http://www.strongblade.com/prod/prodimages/sbc-handcrossbow1_l.jpg

As the halfling reveals the source of the mark that has caused his recent trouble, a hand reflexively moves towards his chest. The last time he was marked it spared his life, but when it was removed he was in greater peril than ever. With this new branding, it appears that the danger has only increased.

He addresses the halfling in a raspy whisper.

"Where I come from, those who need protection are slaves to their protectors and those who wish peace are only rewarded with strife and violence. Your carelessness has put us all in danger. But I suspect we will need your cooperation to undo what has been done. Tell us where we should begin our search for the key so that I might be done with it."

Arq Kujos
2013-05-06, 12:18 PM
"You're saying is only half right, elf. Those who wish for peace should prepare for war." Eliyos's gauntleted fist clenched around his blade's hilt to accentuate his point.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-06, 12:28 PM
"Hrmph. When war fights war, war wins. Peace always loses."

Irish Musician
2013-05-06, 12:34 PM
Sarena (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjBr5wIDA), Scion of Arkhosia
Sarena had been sitting there, listening, to the halfling's story about how he got her in this mess that she is in currently. It is a good thing that she is an awesome shot, or those that were hunting her would still be behind her.....instead they are dead in the forest.

Sarena had stood at the back of the room so that she could unfurl her wings, at least a little bit. She didn't mind keeping them close to her, but it felt good to stretch them out from time to time. She also been watching the Tiefling that had been summoned here eying the back of his head. "If what you say is true, little caster, then I should smack you around for a bit until I am satisfied. However, like the elf says we are now forced to work together to not only rid ourselves of your fool actions, but also to get back this "key" of yours to do so. However, working with someone like him," Sarena motions her head towards the Tiefling, "will be a test of my patience and control as not to shoot him through the eye. But I will go withe group and keep my eye on him."

Arq Kujos
2013-05-06, 12:36 PM
"You speak like a Banite. If war for war's sake is your only purpose, then you've already lost. War is not a living, breathing thing. Conflict is an extension of a person's will and desire. War always ends in peace, no matter how short lived at times. If done correctly, then war will end in a long, stable peace. If done poorly, it ends with chaos, death, and eventually more war. So yes, we must be prepared to fight and kill, but it is not for the sake of war, but for the sake of peace that we must make war."

Infernally Clay
2013-05-06, 01:35 PM
The journey here had been... tiresome. Niyah usually preferred to travel but at her own pace. Getting told by a voice with no mouth that you must arrive at Brixham or die, only to then be attacked by assassins at almost every turn, is bound to annoy even the most optimistic. She didn't yet know if the people sent to kill her were doing so because of the mark on the back of her hand or because the people she hunted were keen to stop her in her tracks.

Either way, this business in Brixham hopefully wasn't going to take long. She had places to be and people to kill.

"Is this really the time to be arguing philosophy?" Niyah interjected, turning to the halfling, "This all sounds very familiar. Even though I never met the client personally, I assume it was you? I've been searching for the bastards that screwed me over. If you know where they are, I'll take care of them myself."

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-06, 02:15 PM
The elf leans against his spear as he listens to the others having a philosophical discussion. He is of slightly higher than average height for an elf, with light brown hair and dark green eyes.

He grins wryly and says, "Everywhere I go, it's the same thing. People bickering over their perceived differences. I agree with her. We're all elves here and we need to work together to try to find these key pieces."

Arq Kujos
2013-05-06, 04:43 PM
Eliyos nodded in agreement at the actual elf. "I might not call myself an "elf", but your message is true. We all depend on each other in this world. Its why civilization and comradery are our greatest gifts." Eliyos took his hand off his sword, and saluted him with respect. He then turned to young woman, and made a private note about her beauty. "You're a wise one, enchantress." Giving her a polite bow, he turns back to the halfling. "Who are we going after first and what can we expect?"

Halberd
2013-05-06, 04:50 PM
Frederick smiles calmly.
Ah, debates over the nature of peace. This takes me back to when I was younger... But, as these two suggest, we should get to the matter at hand.
He turns to Zel'phir.
You wanted to know where to begin your search, correct? Well, the nearest of the five pieces belongs to the dwarven cleric Talgrim, currently located in the canyon city of Kortun. It's to the west of here, near the dwarves' contentious border with the elven lands. I have a map with his location and those of the others right here, in fact.
The high priest pulls out a large scroll of paper from a pocket in his robes and hands it to Niyah.
And yes, you do seem to match the description of the sorceress I hired, come to think of it. It could have very well been you. If that's so, be warned that these people will be far more competent than the ones you remember. The Key's power has made them quite dangerous indeed. Their physical forms have been altered in various ways, making them stronger, faster. Their magic has been enhanced by their piece, giving them a potent source of raw energy. They have all gained considerable influence and wealth as well, allowing them to control a decent-sized group of servants. Above all, they have all become quite mad with power, and may do the unexpected or the unspeakable with as much conviction as you or I have that the ground is made of dirt. Be wary.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-06, 05:02 PM
The elf says, "Ah, I have been to Kortun, albeit under less than friendly circumstances. Matrim Wildleaf at your service, veteran of the Dwarf War. I'd be pleased to accompany you fine folk to the city of our short, bearded brethren."

Infernally Clay
2013-05-06, 06:08 PM
"I don't care how much stronger they are now," Niyah said, "By the time I'm through with them..."

Her voice trailed off and, for just a moment, it felt as if a storm was brewing in the room. Regaining her composure, Niyah took the map with thanks. She didn't try to hide the fact she wasn't interested in the Goddess or the Plane Key, mostly because she had already held the Key once. Revenge was all she cared about and this map, these people, could help her get it. If, in the process, they happened to free a Goddess and bring peace to the world, then that would just be convenient.

"Anything we need to know before we leave?" Niyah said, visibly eager to get to Kortun and pay a certain dwarf a visit he'd never forget.

Halberd
2013-05-06, 08:42 PM
Frederick shrugs.
I can't think of anything else. If you wish to leave, you may. May the protecting arms of Rauha reach from her prison to guard you on your journey.
With that, he turns and leaves through a nearby door, leaving you alone in the great chamber.

Irish Musician
2013-05-07, 04:38 AM
Sarena (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjBr5wIDA), Scion of Arkhosia
After having pulled off her glove to inspect the glowing circle, Sarena pulls it back on again. "Well let us be off then. The sooner we can rid ourselves of this damned target on our hands, the better. Niyah is it? Why don't you take the map, you seem to know the players in the game more than the rest of us so you can point them out to us when the time comes. Anybody else need anything before we go? No? Then lets MOVE OUT!!!" Sarena pulls her wings back into her body and steps back out of the chambers, waiting for the others to take their leave.

History on this goddess, see if she has turned up in Sarena's research
[roll0]

Ascy
2013-05-07, 07:24 AM
Davion

The tiefling watches the entire discussion without saying a word, taking in all the information - said and unsaid. His right arm is propped upon the head of a bust nearby, probably depicting a saint, Davion couldn't tell.
He is clad in a deep purple vest worn over a poet's shirt, white and embroidered with vines of gold. His tight green pants are tucked into a huge pair of boots that are shined so well they almost seem to glow.
Nice.. fanatical knights, vengeful sorcerers, drow.. this is going to be fun.

With a flowing movement, he throws his colorful striped cloak over his back and asks in a high, almost melodic voice:

"So, we are to hunt down five supercharged, probably mad, definitely dangerous adventurers; well, that sounds entertaining, but.. what's in it for us?"

His red eyes dart between all the people present in the room, his eyebrows raised.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-07, 09:50 AM
Matrim regards the fashionable man who just spoke carefully. He says, "Ending the petty conflicts that plague the world isn't sufficient motivation for you? I've known good elves that aren't motivated by grand ideals so I can't say I'll hold it against you."

Infernally Clay
2013-05-07, 11:58 AM
"At least by sticking with us you might live a little longer," Niyah smiled earnestly, "We're all marked for death, remember. They won't stop coming for us, so why not hunt them down and kick their probably-mad teeth in?"

Arq Kujos
2013-05-07, 12:54 PM
"Even more so, if you must require a reward, I imagine the gratitude of a recently freed goddess would go a long way towards filling whatever void exists in your heart. We're wasting time. The longer we wait in one place, the more time our enemies have to hem us in a trap. We should depart." Eliyos walked out the door after the dragonborn, hand once again resting on his sword.

Ascy
2013-05-07, 01:52 PM
Davion

After throwing a short glance at the faintly glowing rune on his hand, Davion can only shrug at the given answers.
He lays his hand on his chest, as if mortally hit by an arrow.
"A void in my heart? Ser Knight, you wound me. There is plenty of joy to be found in my heart. However I must admit, I mostly do enjoy being alive.. fair enough, let us travel then."
Davion gives the paladin a short nod and can't help himself to roll his eyes after the armored figure turns around. With a smirk, he innocently adds:
"Would you like me to play a cheerful song on my lute?"

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-07, 01:58 PM
Zel'phir has already ceased taking and headed for the door. As always, he sticks to the shadows wherever possible.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-07, 04:21 PM
Matrim goes to leave along with the others. He says, "Here's to the success of our mission, and to ending conflict among all the different kinds of elves all over the world." Turning to the well dressed man with the lute, he says, "A cheery marching tunes always helps the miles roll by faster. By all means, my good man."

Arq Kujos
2013-05-08, 08:41 AM
"We're better off getting horses and traveling swiftly and quietly. Our attackers already know who we are and why we are traveling together. Speed is likely to be our greatest ally right now, until we can be reasonably sure we aren't being followed. Then stealth will be equally important."

Irish Musician
2013-05-08, 11:03 AM
Sarena lets out a jovial laugh and winks at Eliyos, "Silly human, I don't need a horse to travel. My wings can take me over the land faster than those four-legged animals! I shall scout from above us to make sure we don't walk into any traps or ambushes. Get the steeds you shall need. You keep your eyes peeled from the road and I will keep watch over us from above." Once outside with the others, Sarena stretches out her wings to their full width before folding them up again, just not hugging her this time. Merely sitting like they would a dragon. She lets out a large yawn that almost seems like a roar, but not quite as intense, looking around the town, watching the people mill around.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-08, 11:53 AM
"Your ability to fly might be useful to you, but if the rest of us are left walking, then it isn't really that useful to the group. A battlion is only as strong as its weakest soldier."

Eliyos bowed to dragonborn and then walked off to the stables to arrange for horses so the rest of the party could keep up with the dragonborn.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-08, 06:22 PM
When Sarena makes her jest, Matrim's ears perk up visibly. He says, "There are humans here? Where? I think I prefer my own two legs, but if the consensus is to get horses I suppose I'll live."

Halberd
2013-05-08, 06:54 PM
After buying some horses, you set off from Brixham, heading west through the plains towards the dwarven lands. The first day of the journey is surprisingly assassin-free, perhaps because you are traveling together for the first time and they dare not attack a group. As you ride across the fields, you notice a few black, scorched lines scattered across the land, as though some absentminded, titanic being had scratched its pencil along the grass. You don't know their source, but you stay away from them just in case.
As you begin to make camp for the night, a brilliant streak of light arcs towards you across the darkening sky. It splits into five upon getting close to you, and the five resolve themselves into glowing, winged angels, each with a different symbol on their chests. The gods represented are apparently Moradin, Kord, Avandra, Bahamut, and Erathis. As they stand watching you, you notice that something is definitely wrong with them. Their wings are bent at odd angles, their expressions are blank, and their eyes crackle with a dull red energy.
The largest, the one with Moradin's symbol on its chest, steps forward and addresses you in broken, halting Common.
You six... Have glow hands... Moradin say-
The angel is cut off by a jerking, seizure-like spasm that leaves its head hanging as if its neck has been broken. Its expression remains blank.
Talgrim say... you not take key piece... Kill now...
With that, it draws its giant hammer and charges toward you, as do the other four angels.

Infernally Clay
2013-05-08, 07:37 PM
"So he knows we're coming?" Niyah smiled wolfishly, as if her prey had stuck out its neck, "Good."

Initiative: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2013-05-08, 08:48 PM
Sarena immediately drew her bow, knowing that angels weren't always on the side of "good". She also noticed they were acting quite strange, and her suspicions came to fruition when the thing charged at her. "Everyone at the ready!!" was all she could get out in time.

Initiative - [roll0] with the +5 is 26, Everyone gets a +2 +5 to initiative from Arq

Arq Kujos
2013-05-08, 09:31 PM
Drawing his blade as he stepped forward, Eliyos smiled. "Stay behind me and Matrim. Focus fire on them one at a time, and we'll see this day through." Seeing the beautiful angel of Erathis tormented this way caused a deep sense of sorrow in Eliyos, but his resolve to see the man who had done this pay was renewed in ways he had not thought possible.

"I'll free you, in the name of our goddess." Eliyos raised his shield in a defensive pose, and prepared to receive the incoming blow. "Erathis, strengthen my shield as though it were a wall of Hestavar!"

Initiative: [roll0]

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-08, 10:03 PM
As the subtle wrongness of the angels became apparent, Matrim slowly slipped off his horse and slipped into a fighting stance, both hands on his long spear.

[roll0]

Ascy
2013-05-09, 07:25 AM
Davion

The tiefling's brows raise in surprise. "Angels? Now that's something new.."
He raises the dark wooden staff in his right hand, and a smile creeps his way upon his face.
"They are all yours, Ser Knight."

[roll0]

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-09, 07:33 AM
His training at the House for Lesser Outcast had honed his reflexes and made him ready for anything.

Initiative
Centered Intution: Zel'phir rolls twice for initiative and takes the higher result. If both rolls are the same he gains a +5 (untyped) bonus to initiative.

Combat Commander: Eliyos' +5 power bonus supersedes the +1 power bonus Zel'phir normally gets from his theme.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Zel'phir acts on initiative 34.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-10, 09:17 AM
Relishing the thought of battle, Zel'phir begins moving quickly, but erratically towards the angels.

Zelphir uses Full Discipline (Drunken Monkey)

Move: Drunken Monkey (Movement Technique)
Zel'phir moves 8 squares ignoring difficult terrain and gains a +5 power bonus to all defenses against opportunity attacks.
Path: E14.F13.G12.G11.G10.G9.G8.F7.F6.

When Zel'phir moves from F7 to F6 he provokes OAs from AoM and AoK.

Defenses vs OAs
AC 40, Fort 34, Ref 35, Will 36

Halberd
2013-05-10, 04:57 PM
The angels of Moradin and Kord swing hammer and fist at the drow as he swiftly approaches. Both miss, though Zel'phir is buffeted slightly by the thunderous echo of the angel of Kord's passing fist.

AOM: Vs. AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
AOK: Vs. AC: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3], miss half, grab on hit.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-10, 05:09 PM
In position, Zel'phir strikes at the Angel of Kord.

Standard: Drunken Monkey (Attack Technique)
Target: Angel of Kord
Attack:[roll0] vs Will

Zel'phir strikes the Angel and deflect a counter-attack driving the angel into its larger counterpart.

Angel of Kord is slid to F7 and then makes a melee basic attack against the Angel or Moradin with a +5 power bonus to hit.

Zel'phir then follows up with a roundhouse kick to the Angels of Kord and Moradin, whips his dagger at the Angel of Avandra and then fires his crossbow at the Angel of Erathis. The Angels stagger around in their confusion.

No Action: Flurry of Blows
The targets take 9 damage and are slid 1 square.
Angel of Avandra to D7
Angel of Kord to G7
Angel of Erathis to H4

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-10, 05:36 PM
Zel's swaying stops at once as he crouches into a low base. His disappears from sight as he channels the power of his ki. Raw power explodes from him covering four of the angels.

Zel'phir spends and action point.
Unseen Action: When Zel'phir spends an action point he becomes invisible until the end of his next turn.

Zel'phir uses the Furious Bull discipline.
Standard: Furious Bull (Attack Technique)
Targets: Erathis, Moradin, Avandra, Kord
Angel of Erathis: [roll0] vs Fortitude
Angel of Moradin: [roll1] vs Fortitude
Angel of Avandra: [roll2] vs Fortitude
Angel of Kord: [roll3] vs Fortitude
Damage: [roll4]

Hit: Slide 1 and daze until the end of Zel'phir's next turn.

That's a 19 on the die against the Angel of Avandra, which is a crit. The crit deals 28 damage (12+11+5) and the Angel of Avandra gains ongoing 10 damage (save ends).

Angel of Erathis: Slide to I5.
Angel of Avandra: Slide to E7.
Angel of Kord: Slide to H7.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-10, 05:51 PM
In a single smooth motion, Zel'phir loads and fires his crossbow at the angel of Avandra.

Ranged Basic Attack
Target: Angel of Avandra
Attack: [roll0] vs AC

He then delivers another series of kicks to the Angels of Moradin and Avandra, tosses a dagger and the Angel of Kord and fires another bolt at the Angel of Bahamut.

Flurry of Blows
Targets: Moradin, Avandra, Kord, Bahamut
Each target takes 7 damage.
Slide Angel of Avandra to F7.
Slide Angel of Bahamut to I7.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-10, 06:07 PM
Eliyos's honed battle instincts kicked in, and he moved forward, just a step behind the monk. Eliyos was impressed by the monk's speed and vicious technique. He would remember that. Raising his blade above his head, he surged forward, sidestepping the Angel of Bahamut and swinging around to hit the Angel of Kord from underneath.

Crunch

Move: J12-I11-H10-H9-H8

Standard: Intuitive Strike
Attack Roll: [roll0] vs. Will
Damage Roll: [roll1] +7=14
On Hit: Any ally gains combat advantage against at a +6 to hit.

Intuitive Strike Warlord Attack I
Your strike puts your opponent off guard, allowing your allies to better exploit the enemy's openings.
At-Will + Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs. Will
Hit: 1 [W] damage. Until the start of your next turn, any ally who attacks the target and has combat advantage against it gains a bonus to the attack roll equal to 1 + your Wisdom or Charisma modifier instead of the normal +2 bonus.
Level 21: 2[W] damage.

Minor: Virtue-Gain 25 THPs
Virtue Paladin Utility 2
You gird yourself in your high ideals and face the enemy with renewed determination.
Encounter + Divine
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You spend a healing surge but regain no hit points. You instead gain temporary hit points equal to your healing surge value.

Edit:
As his blow hit the Angel of Kord, Eliyos drove his blade lightly into the Angel's chest, twisting wickedly and leaving a jagged wound.

Halberd
2013-05-10, 07:14 PM
The angel of Bahamut is the first to recover from Zel'phir's assault, placing a distorted, vaguely dragon-shaped mark upon Eliyos's chest and stabbing st him with its glowing crimson sword.
Its fellow, the angel of Kord, extends its twisted hands and begins charging up a spherical maelstrom of thunder and wind, not caring about the fact that it is leaving itself open for Eliyos's sword.
Power of thunder... Act in Kord's... name...
It then tosses the sphere into the center of the battlefield and it explodes into a full-on storm, blowing the heroes about with its gale-force winds.

AOB marks Eliyos (minor)
Then does a MBA vs. AC. [roll0]
AOK uses an Area Burst 4 centered on G10.
Eliyos's OA: [roll2]
OA damage: [roll3]
All attacks vs. Fortitude
Vs. Zel'phir: [roll4]
Vs. Eliyos: [roll5]
Vs. Matrim: [roll6]
Vs. Niyah: [roll7]
Vs. Davion: [roll8]
Vs. Sarena: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10], miss half.
Those hit by this attack are slid 3 squares, are knocked prone, and take a -2 penalty to attack rolls (save ends) Those missed are slid 1 square.
Save vs. AC penalty: [roll11]

Ascy
2013-05-11, 03:54 AM
Davion

As the angels engage his unlikely allies, Davion pulls back into his mind, trying to find a connection to the angels' thoughts. With a hard smile, he forces a vision of dread into the creatures' heads, smashing their resolve.

Standard Action: Distubing Visions, burst 1 centered on H6
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Hit: [roll4], psychic
AOM and AOE gain a -7 penalty to attack rolls to their next attack and -5 to all attacks against Davion until the end of Davion's next turn
All 4 of the angels gain a -4 penalty to attack rolls to their next attack against everyone else and a -2 to all attacks until the end of Davion's next turn.
All also give Davion CA until the end of his next turn.
(I assume that Imperious Majesty and other debuffs stack, correct?)

Also, Davion gains concealment, and a +1 to attack with Charm, Illusion, Fear, Psychic powers until the end of his next turn.

Move Action: Shift to H13, gain +1 to AC and Ref until the end of his next turn due to Boots of the Fencing Master

Irish Musician
2013-05-12, 04:18 PM
Sarena stood back up, glaring at the angel that had knocked her down. "Damned thing!", she knocked an arrow, blew some fire on it from her mouth, and shot it in the middle of the angels, sending the arrow towards them. It landed and a burst of fire shot out of it. She then planted her standard that had a very odd emblem on it, "May the empire help us!!"

Actions
Move - Stand up
Minor - Plant the Standard in I-11. All my allies in a burst 5 get:
You and allies within range gain a +2 bonus to AC and saving throws when bloodied.
You and allies within range add their Constitution modifiers to their healing surge values. (Dragonborn instead add an additional +2 to their healing surge values.)
You and allies within range gain a +1 bonus to death saving throws.
You and allies within range gain resist 5 fire.
Standard - Dragon's Wrath vs Ref centered on H6
AOA - [roll0]
AOM - [roll1]
AOE - [roll2]
AOK - [roll3]
AOB - [roll4] 28 with the -2
Damage - [roll5] fire damage

Halberd
2013-05-12, 09:56 PM
The angel of Avandra stands still amidst the chaos of battle, its arms extended in something resembling prayer. Its form begins to blur slightly.
May Avandra's... blessing... break you... from your mental chains...
With this, a soothing green wind washes over the field, and the angels' expressions regain their implacable cast.
The angel of Moradin, upon receiving this blessing, leaps into the air, its twisted wings somehow allowing it to fly over Eliyos and into the center of the tall grass. Its impact with the ground sends powerful shockwaves through the earth, stunning the heroes that fail to brace themselves in time. It then turns toward Niyah and swings its giant hammer at her twice, watching emotionlessly as her bones crack beneath it.
The angel of Erathis, meanwhile, moves in to attack Eliyos, its aura of intimidating majesty still present despite its altered state. It seems to hesitate for a moment upon seeing the matching symbol on the knight's armor. Then its eyes flash a brilliant crimson and its mouth opens in a silent scream. Its spear jabs at the knight in an almost involuntary, twitching motion, but it catches on his armor.

AOA uses Avandra's Freedom as a standard action to end all negative conditions upon itself and all allies within 5 squares. It gains concealment until the end of its next turn from not moving.
AOM flies over Eliyos to land on G10-H11. It uses Earth Shock as a standard, affecting enemies in a close burst 2.
Eliyos's OA: [roll0]
Vs. Fortitude:
Zel'phir: [roll2]
Eliyos: [roll3]
Niyah: [roll4]
Sarena:[roll5]
Matrim:[roll6]
Davion: [roll7]
Damage: [roll8], miss half. Those hit by this attack are stunned until the end of AOM's next turn.
He then uses an action point to do a Double Attack on Niyah.
Vs. AC: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10]
Vs. AC: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12]
AOE will fly around to J9 to flank with AOK. Its Aura of Majesty (which I forgot about before- it's marked in teal now) makes all enemies within 3 squares of it take a -2 penalty to all defenses. It uses its MBA against Eliyos.
Vs. AC:[roll13]
Damage:[roll14], and he is immobilized (save ends). If he is stunned, then it does an additional [roll15] damage.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-12, 10:38 PM
Matrim sees his chance and leaps into action. He moves around the rough terrain, seeking a good spot to make his stand. He lets out a fierce roar, staring down his enemies one by one. He then roars his challenge, daring the foes to come within range of his deadly spear.

Move: Move to E12, D11, D10, E9, F8
Minor: Kirre's Roar - Mark all enemies in Burst 3 (all but AoE) and gain Resist 3 to all damage until EOMNT
Standard: Come and Get It
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
All hit are pulled up to 3 squares to be adjacent to me. This would put AoK at G7, AoB at G8, and AoM at G9 - H10.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-12, 10:49 PM
As the corrupted angels close, Matrim's spear becomes a blur of motion, licking out in incredibly precise movements designed to throw the enemies off their guard. The Angels of Avandra and Bahamut aren't quick enough, and his fierce blows send them crashing to the ground. The other opponents get their guards up in time, only to take glancing blows to the shins or knees as the butt end of his spear comes around.

The pull triggers Polearm Gamble, taking it on all that I can.
[roll0]
[roll1] and slide to E7, E8, knocking it prone
[roll2]
[roll3] missed
[roll4]
[roll5] and slide to H8, G8, knocking it prone
[roll6]
[roll7] missed

Irish Musician
2013-05-12, 10:50 PM
Sarena, seeing what the angel was doing, had time her move perfectly. "Jump and strike, Eliyos...NOW!!!!" With those words, Elyios was sent into action, missing the shake of the angel's landing, as well as slicing at him.

Immediate Interrupt - Bolstering Insight
Effect - The target gains a +3 power bonus to all defenses against the enemy's attack (which would make his Fort a 34, making the attack miss). If the attack misses the target, he or she can make a melee basic attack against the enemy as a free action with a bonus to the damage roll equal to your Wisdom modifier or Charisma modifier (which is a +5).

So Eliyos doesn't take the 21 damage, nor is he stunned.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-12, 10:54 PM
Matrim's spear finally comes to rest in a guard position, ready to lick out again at incredible speed at the slightest opening.
Come and Get It resolves, all adjacent to me take damage
[roll0]

Arq Kujos
2013-05-12, 11:10 PM
Heading Sarena's warning, Eliyos leaps, dodging the shockwave. As he comes down, Eliyos uses his momentum to drive his blade hard at the Angel of Moradin. "Spare Erathis's servant for last, friends. Perhaps I can sway her back to Erathis's side when isolated."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-13, 05:11 AM
Zel'phir gets back to his feet and takes a moment of meditation to clear his mind.

Move: Stand.
Minor: Purifying Meditation
Zel'phir makes a saving throw at a +5 bonus.
[roll0]

Zel'phir no longer has -2 to attacks.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-13, 05:26 AM
Still invisible, Zel'phir silently dances through his enemies, attacking them as he passes.

Standard: Crane Dance
Angel of Moradin: [roll0] vs Reflex.
Damage: [roll1] and Zel knocks the target prone.
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: Zel'phir shifts to D8.

Angel of Avandra: [roll2] vs Reflex.
Damage: [roll3] and Zel knocks the target prone.
Effect: Zel'phir shifts to F7.
CRIT: 31 damage and ongoing 10, plus Zel makes a free RBA with his crossbow.

Angel of Bahamut: [roll4] vs Reflex.
Damage: [roll5] and Zel knocks the target prone.
Effect: Zel'phir shifts to G6.

Angel of Kord: [roll6] vs Reflex.
Damage: [roll7] and Zel knocks the target prone.
Effect: Zel'phir shifts to G6.

Damage should have been 2d8+11, so I'll add the extra.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-13, 05:39 AM
Zel'phir takes aim with his crossbow at the bloodied angel of Kord.

Free: Ranged Basic
Attack: [roll0] vs AC

The silent monk then follow the attack with a flurry of kicks and toss of his dagger and another shot of his crossbow.

No Action: Centered Flurry of Blows
Targets: Angel of Kord, Angel of Bahamut, Angel of Moradin, Angel of Erathis.

Each target takes 9 damage.
Slide Angel of Evandra to I9.

Finally Zel'phir appears again, ready to battle the remaining angels.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-13, 06:01 AM
Eliyos felt his rage welling up inside him. "Niyah, hold on! This will be over soon." Darting forward, Eliyos placed himself in the middle of all the angels, and cried out a praise to Erathis before arching his blade around.

Minor Action: Inspiring Word on Niyah. She spends a healing surge and regains an extra 4d6+5 hit points. [roll0]

Move: Shift 1 to H8.

Standard: Arch of Vengence
Arc of Vengeance Paladin Attack 5
Your flashing weapon promises a swift end to your foes.
Daily + Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Strength vs. A C
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage.
Effect: The target is subject to your divine sanction until the end of your next turn. If the target was already marked by you, it also takes radiant damage equal to your Wisdom modifier whenever it deals damage to you or any ally (save ends).

Angel of Moradin: vs AC.
Damage: [roll]2d8+13.
Effect: I mark it with my Divine Sanction until the EONT. She takes 11 damage if she attacks anyone but me.

Angel of Erathis: vs AC.
Effect: I mark it with my Divine Sanction until the EONT. She takes 11 damage if she attacks anyone but me.

Angel of Bahamut: vs AC.

Angel of Kord: vs AC.

Halberd
2013-05-14, 06:26 PM
As the angel of Avandra collapses with a thud, it emits a relieved sigh. So Avandra... has granted me freedom... at last... Its head lolls to the side and the red energy drains from its eyes, leaving its face looking peaceful and calm.
Shortly after that, the angel of Kord staggers to its feet, its numerous wounds dripping electrified blood. It grasps at Eliyos with one of its muscular hands, but misses, its face twisting in silent agony. It also spits out an almost reflexive bolt of lightning from its wounds to the fighters surrounding it.
The angel of Bahamut, meanwhile, makes a quick yet effective stab at Eliyos from the ground as his blade flies past the Angel of Erathis. It stands up and takes another swing that cuts even deeper, its disembodied voice sounding almost desperate. No... The Platinum Dragon... demands... that Rauha... not be freed...
AOK will stand up and use its MBA on Eliyos.
Vs. Reflex: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] lightning, miss half. He is also grabbed on a hit.
It then uses Shock Flow as a minor, dealing an automatic 7 damage to all enemies adjacent to it.
AOB uses its mark to strike Eliyos as an immediate reaction when he misses the Angel of Erathis.
Vs. AC:[roll2]
Damage: [roll3]
It will then stand up and attack him again.
Vs. AC:[roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

Irish Musician
2013-05-14, 06:51 PM
Sarena looks around at everyone, seeing how they were scratched, bruised, and starting to get a little bloody. She calls out to everyone, "Get up and get back to fighting everyone!! No time to lay around!!" She grabs on to her banner nest to her, and it seems to pulse energy out of it, covering everyone in the energy and healing their wounds. Then Sarena opens he mouth and a blast of fire pours out of it, engulfing allies and enemies alike. However, unlike the enemies who were burned with fire, her allies seemed to benefit from the fire, strengthening them.

Actions
Standard - Warlord's Banner, everyone can spend a healing surge (I'll add your HPs to the tracker for everyone) and everyone gets a +2 to attacks UEMNT
Minor - Dragon's Breath vs Ref against all enemies
AOK - [roll0]
AOB - [roll1]
AOM - [roll2]
AOE - [roll3]
Damage - [roll4], and allies in the blast get another +1 to attacks UEMNT. If I kill any of them, I can spend a healing surge.
Minor - Inspiring Word on Eliyos, regain a healing surge + [roll5]

Ascy
2013-05-15, 10:17 AM
Davion

The tiefling can do no more than grit his teeth, as the angel's spell numbs his body and mind. However there is enough willpower in him to form a coherent thought. Oh I will so pay that angel back.

[roll0]

Halberd
2013-05-17, 05:22 PM
The angel of Moradin drags itself upright. It then reaches out with its enormous hammer towards Sarena and swings twice with even more power than it previously had. The first strike is merely a glancing blow, but the second strikes with terrible impact.
Stop... aiding that... goddess's... return... Please...
The angel of Erathis, meanwhile, maneuvers northward and continues to stab at Eliyos, its crimson eyes glowing brighter as its blood drips onto the grass. As its spear connects, steel chains spring up around the knight, pinning him in place.

AOM gets up and uses Double Attack against Sarena.
Vs. AC:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
[roll3]
AOE shifts to uses an MBA on Eliyos.
Vs. AC: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5], and he is immobilized (save ends)

Infernally Clay
2013-05-17, 06:15 PM
Niyah stood up, indignation in her eyes. What happened next happened in a heartbeat. Niyah took flight on the wind itself, landing beside the Angel of Moradin and letting lose knife slashes as fast as lightning itself. Then a bright flash of energy surged from her, striking each of the angels with the force of the storm. Not yet finished, Niyah discharged more bolts of lightning, smaller this time, yet seemed rejuvenated by them even as they damaged the Angels around her. Then a loud thunderous roar erupted as she struck the Angel of Moradin and sent him reeling but, as all things under the heavens know, there can be no thunder without lightning... And a final bolt struck the Angel of Erathis.

Taking a breath, Niyah turned to what remained of her opponents and smiled, as if goading them to retaliate.

(there's a lot of stuff in here)
Niyah uses the Dominant Winds power, flying from F11 to I9.

At-Will. Move. Close Burst 5. You or one ally in burst can fly a number of squares equal to your Dex mod as a free action.
She then uses the Lightning Cuts power, targeting the Angel of Moradin.

Minor. Weapon. You must be wielding a dagger. Cha vs Ref. 2[W] damage.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] / [roll2] (pick higher result)

Niyah then uses Furious Bolts, targeting all four Angels.

Standard. Implement. Lightning. Cha vs Ref. Ranged 20. 2d8 + Cha mod damage and make a second attack. 2d4 + Cha mod damage. Repeat the secondary attack against any single creature you have not yet hit with this attack and, on your next turn, you gain a bonus to your first attack roll equal to the number of creatures you hit with furious bolts.
Attack targeting Angel of Moradin: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] / [roll5] (pick higher result)

Attack targeting Angel of Bahamut: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] / [roll8] (pick higher result)

Attack targeting Angel of Erathis: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] / [roll11] (pick higher result)

Attack targeting Angel of Kord: [roll12]
Damage: [roll13] / [roll14] (pick higher result)

Finally, Niyah uses her Action Point - dealing an additional 4 damage to the Angel of Moradin, the Angel of Bahamut and the Angel of Erathis - to use the Thunder and Strike power, targeting the Angel of Moradin and the Angel of Erathis.

Standard Action Melee 1
Primary Target: One creature
Primary Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier thunder damage, and you push the target a number of squares equal to 1 + your Strength modifier.
Effect: You make a secondary ranged attack. This attack does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Secondary Target: One creature within 10 squares of you other than the primary target
Secondary Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d8 + Charisma modifier lightning damage. In addition, if the secondary target is adjacent to the primary target, the secondary target is dazed until the end of your next turn.
Attack targeting Angel of Moradin: [roll15]
Damage: [roll16]
Angel of Moradin is pushed from G9 to E9.

Attack targeting Angel of Erathis: [roll17]
Damage: [roll18] / [roll19] (pick higher result)

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-17, 07:38 PM
With most of the angels near him, the area around Zel'phir goes dark. From the shadows, he strikes at the Angels before moving to a different part of the cloud.

Minor: Cloud of Darkness (The area in G6:I8 blocks line of sight to all except Zel'phir and creatures other than Zel'phir within are blind.)
Standard: Five Storms
Angel of Kord: [roll0] vs Reflex
Angel of Bahamut: [roll1] vs Reflex
Angel of Erathis: [roll2] vs Reflex
Damage: [roll3]

Angel of Kord is CRIT for 31 damage.
The others are HIT for 25.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-17, 07:45 PM
Zel'phir fires his crossbow at the Angel of Erathis.

Free: Ranged Basic
Angel of Erathis: [roll0] vs AC

Zel'phir follows up with a flurry of kicks that hit the Angel of Erathis and Bahamut before he whips his dagger at the Angel of Moradin.

No Action: Flurry of Blows
The targets each take 9 damage.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-17, 07:48 PM
Hearing three bodies hit the ground, the drow then shifts positions slightly, attempting to avoid detection.

Move: G6
Stealth: [roll0]

Arq Kujos
2013-05-17, 09:02 PM
As the angels fell around him, and darkness crept over Eliyos, his faint blue glow seemed to still radiate from the cloud. Blinded and immobilized, Eliyos could do nothing but attack. Swinging his blade in frontward arch, Eliyos feels his blade connect with nothing.

Standard: MBA versus AOM.

Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

No Minor. No Move.

Save Against Immobilize: [roll2]

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-17, 10:21 PM
Matrim, still blinded by the suddenly appearing darkness, misses the attack granted by Eliyos's opening. He quickly recovers, and his flashing spear distracts the remaining angel long enough for him to get into position. He then lashes out with the tip and catches the angel of Moradin in the perfect spot to send it sprawling on the ground at Matrim's feet.

Move: Pass Forward
At-Will ✦ Martial
Move Action Personal
Effect: You pick an adjacent enemy and move up to your speed. As long as you end this movement in a square adjacent to that enemy, your movement does not provoke opportunity attacks from that enemy.

Standard: Leveraging Strike
[roll0]
Hit: [roll1], and slide the target Wis (+3) squares (+2 more for Polearm Master and Rushing Cleats.
Miss: Half damage, and no slide.

Halberd
2013-05-20, 06:08 PM
The angel of Moradin lies at Matrim's feet, copiously wounded. It stands up slowly and ponderously.
Never... surrender... must... stop... you...
It suddenly halts, its impassive head cocked at an odd angle, as if hearing something from far away.
Master... Talgrim? But I... fought well... Do I...
Its eyes flash red once more, brighter than ever. It falls back to the ground in agony.
Another... use? No...
With that, it dissolves back into the beam of light you saw earlier and flies back towards the Dwarven lands. The plains are silent once more.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-20, 08:16 PM
Zel'phir was about ready to pounce on the last angel when he flew away. The drow knew he wouldn't be able to match the speed of the fleeing angel.

Zel wiped the dagger clean before sheathing it.

"My apologies. I was not fast enough to kill the last one."

OOC: Zel will use a short rest to regain his encounter powers, but will not spend any healing surges as he is only down 4 hp.

Arq Kujos
2013-05-20, 08:48 PM
Eliyos nodded. "I wouldn't worry about it. If our foe can pervert the will of angels against their own gods, then I'd say we have several more things to worry about before on angel escaping." Eliyos saves a silent prayer where the angel of Erathis fell, and makes the symbol of the scales.

Irish Musician
2013-05-21, 10:45 AM
Sarena wipes some blood from her nose and spits some on to the ground. "Good thing it ran, it would have not liked me here in a minute." Sarena regained her composure and took her banner back, after everyone had benefited from its powers, and stuck it back behind her pack, by her spear. "Now, lets get some sleep....I have a feeling we will need our rest in the upcoming days."

She is going to use an Inspiring word before taking a 5 min rest and use one more healing surge to get to full health during the 5 min rest.

[roll0] for extra HP from I.W.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-21, 12:28 PM
Matrim wipes the point of his spear on the clothing of one of the fallen angels. He then walks toward Eliyos, and stands leaning on his spear. He says, "We need to discuss our target choices. It worked out alright this time, but I'd hate for someone to bite it during a fight because we kept stepping on each other's toes." He grins to take the sting out his words, then begins to search the corpses for anything valuable. He almost starts with the Angel of Erathis, then out of respect for Eliyos chooses to start with the Angel of Avanrda.

Taking a short rest and spending a surge to get up to full HP. Taking 10 on Perception for 23

Arq Kujos
2013-05-21, 01:21 PM
Eliyos raised his hand in salute. "Erathis guides my hand. Strategy and comradery will guide our blades together. If you need me to focus on a foe, so be it, but my armor and my shield will turn away all but the worst blows. I can see you are certainly tougher than you look, too, but do not worry for me. I've spent my entire life learning to fight and lead from the front of combat."

Halberd
2013-05-23, 04:36 PM
The angel of Avandra fades away as Matrim reaches down toward it, as do the other angels. Their glowing essences flow together to form a golden ring with an hourglass upon it, which lands in Matrim's hand.

The ring is a Ring of Action Reversal. Also, you guys get 1400 XP each.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-24, 12:26 PM
Matrim looks in surprise at the ring in his hand. He says, "That was certainly odd. Hmm, which of us could best make use of being the first to react? I'll certainly take it if none of you want it."

Arq Kujos
2013-05-24, 12:44 PM
"I think we all would take it if no one claimed, Matrim." Eliyos nodded respectfully at the elf. "I propose giving it to Sarcena. Her leadership and her accurate sight makes her quite skilled and her ability to help us react to danger before it hits us would be quite useful."

Infernally Clay
2013-05-25, 05:05 PM
"It was given to Matrim," Niyah said, walking up to him and closing his hand around it, "A gift from angels is not something to give away so lightly."

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-25, 05:47 PM
Matrim responds, "That is a good point, and I can make use of it. Protecting you folks is easier if I'm quick enough to get out in front. So, are we ready to get some sleep?"

Irish Musician
2013-05-25, 11:45 PM
Sarena nods in agreement with the sorceress and Matrim, "The faster you can get to the front, the better I will be able to use your abilities in battle. And Niyah is right, the ring came to you for a reason...you should have it, least we mess with fate." With that, Sarena sets her pack down next to her bedroll that was laid out, "Now lets get some sleep, I have a feeling we will need all the rest and energy we can muster."

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-26, 12:56 PM
Matrim nods to Sarena. He says, "I will take first watch. Who shall I wake up afterward?"

Son_of_Meepo
2013-05-27, 05:53 PM
Zel's only reply to the query is a terse. "I work best when light is least."

Halberd
2013-05-30, 03:54 PM
With that,you finish setting up camp and go to sleep under the peaceful, star-filled sky.

Matrim:
About an hour after the rest of the party goes to sleep, you hear snatches of faint, unintelligible whispering noises coming from a spot that you estimate to be about fifty feet away from the camp.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-31, 01:21 PM
Matrim's actions:
Matrim strains his elven ears, attempting to hear more of the sound and what might be causing it.
[roll0]
If he can't discern anything else, he'll get out his Everlasting Torch and throw it in the direction of the sound.

Halberd
2013-05-31, 09:02 PM
Matrim:
As you focus on the sound, you recognize it as the speech of a woman with a distinct dwarven accent. You can't make out what she's saying, but she sounds somewhat tense.

Master_Rahl22
2013-05-31, 11:04 PM
Matrim's actions:
Matrim quietly wakes Zel, motioning him to be quiet and to sneak in the direction of the dwarf woman. He then walks over toward her and from 10 feet away says, "Strange place to be out whispering in the middle of the night, wouldn't you say?"

Son_of_Meepo
2013-06-01, 05:29 AM
Zel'phir's Actions
Zel had not been sleeping, merely meditating. He, like others of his kind did not need true sleep. He nods and quietly gets up from the ground. Zel then begins to carefully stalk the sound that Matrim pointed out.

Halberd
2013-06-02, 09:23 AM
Matrim and Zel'phir:
By the time you approach the spot where the whispering was coming from, it ceases. You see nothing there, though the air around the spot feels noticeably warmer than it should.

Master_Rahl22
2013-06-02, 01:43 PM
Matrim's actions:
Matrim whispers to Zel, "I heard a woman whispering in the dwarf language over here. I know my ears didn't deceive me. It is not time for your watch yet, so you can resume your meditation if you like."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-06-04, 08:33 AM
Zel finds a concealed spot to continue his meditation out of sight of anyone who might be watching the camp. He lets all the distractions flow from his mind so that he can hear all the sounds around him.

OOC: I realized that I forgot about this racial ability. I guess Zel'phir is keeping watch all the time because he doesn't have to sleep.

TranceRather than sleep, drow enter a meditative state known as trance. You need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-hour extended rest. While in a trance, you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Passive Perception: 28

Halberd
2013-06-06, 08:05 AM
Zel'phir and Matrim:
There is nothing for a few minutes, but then you hear the faint noise of boots hitting the ground and tent flaps opening issuing from the camp.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-06-06, 08:11 AM
Zel'phir sees Matrim and knows it was not him walking around, so he gets up and stalks into the camp in the direction of the sound, looking for the source.

Infernally Clay
2013-06-06, 11:02 AM
From elsewhere, there was a loud snore. Then came whispers about food that had grown legs and was running away.

Irish Musician
2013-06-06, 11:32 AM
As Zel'phir and Matrim were busy looking around the camp, Sarena lay there, snoring away while the others slept as well.

Arq Kujos
2013-06-06, 12:04 PM
Eliyos sleeps quietly, though disturbed by all the apparent snoring. He dreams of a device that could block out sounds by being placed in the ear.

Master_Rahl22
2013-06-06, 10:52 PM
Matrim also moves toward the source of the sound. Is there a ghost haunting us? Something is making a lot of noise but if Zel and I haven't seen it maybe it can't be seen...

Halberd
2013-06-07, 02:41 PM
Matrim and Zel'phir:
By the time you enter the camp, you see that the flaps of Niyah's, Davion's, and Sarena's tents are all hanging open. You hear a strange grunting noise that sounds like a frightened beast of some sort, and then the soft sound of blades being unsheathed.

Master_Rahl22
2013-06-07, 04:09 PM
Matrim's spear is instantly in his hands. "INTRUDERS IN THE CAMP! TO ARMS!!" He rushes toward the last sound that alerted him.

Halberd
2013-06-08, 09:41 PM
Niyah, Davion, and Sarena:
You are awakened by Matrim's shouts in time to see a dwarf standing over you, stabbing down towards your throat with a magical-looking knife. You barely have time to attempt a dodge.
Attack on Niyah
Vs. AC: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1], and [roll2] fire.
Attack on Davion
Vs. AC: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4], and [roll5] psychic.
Attack on Sarena
Vs. AC: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7], and [roll8] ice.

Eliyos: You are awakened by Matrim's shouts, as well as scuffling and muted screams from the other tents and the screeches of frightened beasts. You aren't quite sure why most of these sounds are being made.

Matrim and Zel'phir:The tents are suddenly alive with motion and sound, and you see three horse-sized beasts materialize before you. One has long, glowing claws and strangely piercing orange eyes. Another is blue and possesses numerous long, icy tentacles that whip around nervously. The last looks relatively inconspicuous compared to the others, but its expression seems strangely calm, smug, and knowing. All three have saddles on their backs and are clearly meant to be ridden.

Infernally Clay
2013-06-09, 09:35 AM
When Niyah's eyes opened to see a dwarf standing over her, her first thought was that it was a strange dream to be having. The glint of a knife as it descended upon her, however, told her that this was no dream. Turning her thoughts to escape, Niyah became lightning itself and disappeared outside of her tent just in time to turn what would have been a fatal attack into a merely a scratch.

Niyah uses the Narrow Escape utility power.

Encounter ✦ Arcane, Teleportation
Immediate Reaction, Personal
Trigger: You are hit by an attack
Effect: You take half damage from the attack. You then
teleport a number of squares equal to your Charisma
modifier (5) + your Dexterity modifier (4).

"Attacking us while we sleep?" she shouted in Dwarven to the heavens, "Have you fallen so low, Talgrim, that you can't fight me yourself?!"

First angels, now dwarves. Talgrim was obviously behind this attack too.

Arq Kujos
2013-06-11, 06:57 AM
Eliyos grabbed his sword and shield and lept out of the tent. Seeing Niyah, he called out to her. "What is the meaning of all this!?"

Irish Musician
2013-06-17, 10:41 AM
Sarena wakes up right as a knife is coming down at her, she moves just in time for it not to stab her in the eye, unfortunately her shoulder is still stabbed by the dwarf, and it seems to chill her. She then lets out a great roar, while also letting flames fly from her mouth, engulfing any enemy near her. The fire burns her enemies and bolsters her allies, engulfing them all in flames. She then yells to everyone, "Get up and fight!! We are under attack!!"

Actions
Minor - Dragon's Breath vs Ref
FD - [roll0]
FB - [roll1]
ID - [roll2]
IB - [roll3]
Damage - [roll4] fire and acid, all allies in the blast get a +1 to attack rolls UEMNT. So Niyah and Eliyos.
Standard - Call to Action on Eliyos, Matrim, and Zel'phir ( I would suggest taking the attacks :smallamused:)
Each target can choose to spend a healing surge, make a basic attack, or make a charge attack as a free action. Each ally that makes an attack as a result of this effect must choose a different target and deals 1d10 extra damage on a hit.

Master_Rahl22
2013-06-17, 09:58 PM
Matrim heeds Sarena's call, and rushes forward to impale the nearest enemy on his spear. He then unleashes a flurry of strikes with his spear, tearing into the enemy before him.

Free: Charge from Call to Action, targeting IB
1d20+23
2d10+13
Standard: Rain of Blows
1d20+23
1d10
1d20+23
1d10
1d20+23
1d10

Master_Rahl22
2013-06-17, 09:59 PM
Grrr, using Myth-Weaver roller syntax.

Free: Charge from Call to Action, targeting IB and marking it.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Standard: Rain of Blows
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
If any of those hit, IB is immobilized until SOMNT. Putting status effect here since the stat tab still has angels on it.

Halberd
2013-06-22, 04:22 PM
The dwarf with the icy knife shouts in pain as Sarena's flames blast him. He steps toward his somewhat injured beast companion, and his blue dagger magically extends into a vicious-looking sword.

Well, Talgrim dinnae say nothin' aboot what happens if they spot us. Still, we got the drop on 'em, an' tha angels seem tae have weakened 'em a wee bit. I dinnae think they'll stand a bit o' fightin' the famed Beastrider Assassins o' tha Dwarven Kingdoms. Have at ye!

Initiative:

Fire Dwarf: [roll0]
Fire Beast: [roll1]
Ice Dwarf: [roll2]
Ice Beast: [roll3]
Leader Dwarf: [roll4]
Leader's Beast: [roll5]

Irish Musician
2013-06-23, 01:10 AM
Sarena, realizing that battle was imminent, uses her powers of strategy to get out of melee, and takes her bow out to better help her allies.

Initiative [roll0]

Battlefront Shift on me to B12. No one else is in range for the shift, so I can't use it on anyone else, but oh well :smallsmile:

Son_of_Meepo
2013-06-23, 05:37 AM
Acting quickly, Zel skulks into the middle of the battle.

Zel'phir enters the Unseen Hunter's Pounce discipline.

Free: Twilight Adept
Effect: Until the end of the turn Zel'phir does not take a -5 penalty to Stealth for moving more than 2 squares.
Move: Unseen Hunter's Pounce
Effect: Zelphir shifts his speed and may make a Stealth check to hide at the end of the move.
Shift to G12

Posting rest of turn after stealth check result.