PDA

View Full Version : Getting natural attacks for a dragonborn

Carth
2013-05-06, 01:49 AM
Supposing I wanted to play as a pure fighter, what options are there for getting more natural attacks on a dragonborn in 3.5? I've got a tail attack via the feat in RotD, 2 wings via the draconic graft, and 2 tentacles via the deepspawn feat. What are some ways I can get more natural attacks that don't involve class levels? Is there a soulmeld I could get that would grants claws and/or a bite? Equipment based solutions are not preferred, but are an option.

Harrow
2013-05-06, 02:12 AM
The Illithid Heritage feat qualifies you for the Illithid Grapple feat, both from Complete Psionics which gives you an additional tentacle and can be taken up to 4 times. Not the most efficient method, but it works for something.

AFAIK, the only natural attacks you can get from soulmelds require binding them to your totem chakra, which in turn requires two levels of Totemist

Large sized humanoids are supposed to get a slam attack for each arm, I think

sleepyphoenixx
2013-05-06, 04:15 AM
The Bite of the Were-(SpC) line of spells usually grant claw and/or bite attacks. Without spells there aren't many options that don't rely on class levels.

Edit: Catalogues of Enlightenment can get you a bite attack with some domains.

Darrin
2013-05-06, 06:17 AM
AFAIK, the only natural attacks you can get from soulmelds require binding them to your totem chakra, which in turn requires two levels of Totemist

There are two exceptions: Claws of the Wyrm soulmeld (Dragon Magic) gives you two claw attacks when shaped, and Chaos Roc's Span (Dragon Magazine #350) gives you two wing buffet attacks (nonlethal damage).

Horned Helm (gore) and Fanged Mask (bite) are the usual go-tos for magic items, both in the MIC and both 8000 GP.

Person_Man has a guide for getting extra attacks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7066595).

Carth
2013-05-06, 06:42 AM
Ooh, the claws on that soulmeld are primary attacks, too. Nice! The horned helm looks like a decent addition, though the fanged mask seems to require a standard action to activate, which doesn't seem so good. Always nice to have more options for tentacles, though I'm not sure I'll have the feats to afford all those options - even the draconic tail feat is of questionable value, as it's a secondary attack. Planar touchstone looks to be able to grab a bite attack as a secondary attack.