PDA

View Full Version : Knights of the Elliptical Table (WW Game) (Game Over)

smashbro
2013-05-06, 07:12 AM
Knights of the Elliptical Table

Welcome, distinguished Knights of the Elliptical Table! You have been called to meet and advise Lord smashbro, who will arrive in just a few days time. However, you hear rumors that some of your order have been bribed by a rival Lord, and are out to kill not only your Lord, but his Knights as well...

Roles:

Loyal Knights: Lynch the evil knights to ensure your Lord will not arrive to hostile forces.

Knight of the Elliptical Table - regular townie, your job is to find the betraying knights.

Devout Paladin - You have gained magical power, which you may focus on one person for the night. That person will gain great resilience, and a blow that would normally kill the knight will do little to harm him or her.

Bribed Knights: How dare you betray your Lord smashbro?!? You seem to want to kill all of the Loyal Knights, so that you may slay me when I arrive.

Betraying Knight - a knight who has decided (for money or power) to destroy the other Knights of the Elliptical Table.

Player List:

{table=head]Player|username|Dead?|Role
Sir Hatter the Mad|The Mad Hatter|lived|Betraying Knight
Sirs Undwir The Plenty|usourselves&we|lived|Betraying Knight
Sir Flea the Frenetic|Internet Flea|lived|Betraying Knight
|||
Sir Onion of Halitosis|onionbreath|Killed in Endgame|Loyal Knight
Sir Hedgehog the Defenestrator|HedgehogRanger|Killed in Endgame|Loyal Knight
Sir Szilard the Shiny|Szilard|Killed in Endgame|Loyal Knight
Sir Blade the Doubted|bladescape|Killed Night 3|Loyal Knight
Sir Zjoot the Zesty|Zjoot|lynched Day 3|Loyal Knight
Sir Peter, the slightly confused|Zar Pater|killed Night 2|Loyal Knight
Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated|Amidus Drexel|Lynched Day 2|Loyal Knight
Lady Lexington the Kat|Lex-Kat|Killed Night 1|Loyal Knight
Sir Elemental the Grey|Elemental|Lynched Day 1|Devout Paladin
[/table]

Current Votes

How players are voting, as of:
Thursday, 16th of May 2013, 9:20 EST
about 51 hours left in the Day

{table=head]Player name|Players voting against them|Total votes against
Sir Hatter the Mad||0
Sirs Undwir The Plenty||0
Sir Blade the Doubted||0
Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated|Sir Blade|1
Sir Onion of Halitosis||0
Sir Flea the Frenetic||0
Sir Zjoot the Zesty||0
Sir Hedgehog the Defenestrator||0
Sir (Zar) Peter, the slightly confused||0
Sir Szilard the Shiny||0
[/table]

usourselves&we
2013-05-06, 08:19 PM
It is lucky we found this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EgWb_89Uow) not too long ago. we also listened to it over and over, and got lost watching other Horrible Histories stuff. . .

bladescape
2013-05-06, 09:58 PM
&we, that song is brilliant. I've never run into these guys before. *Hunts youtube for Horrible Histories videos.*

On the side note, this is totally not my name I'm slipping into a slot here.

smashbro
2013-05-06, 10:04 PM
So, I take it both of you would like to join?

Also, if you do join, you shall be knighted Sir ______ the _____, feel free to choose the description. Or Lady, if you are indeed a lady.

Amidus Drexel
2013-05-06, 10:54 PM
I'll play.

My Knight shall be named Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated. :smallamused:

Elemental
2013-05-06, 11:08 PM
I, Sir Elemental the Grey, am ready and willing to advise Lord Smashbro.

usourselves&we
2013-05-06, 11:43 PM
Sirs Undwir The Plenty, should do alright. Knighted thus by way of over-generosity to all peoples, he doesn't know all that much German, closer to none actually.

onionbreath
2013-05-07, 10:56 AM
This sounds fun.
Sir Onion of Halitosis reporting for duty

Internet Flea
2013-05-07, 03:15 PM
Was trying to stay out of these for a while, but a moniker is just too tempting.

Sir Flea the Frenetic.

Zjoot
2013-05-07, 04:13 PM
Sir Zjoot the Zesty at your service, my liege.

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-07, 08:56 PM
I shall join as Sir Hedgehog the Defenestrator

Hattish Thing
2013-05-08, 03:46 AM
I have arrived, all bow to Sir Hatter the Mad! :smallbiggrin::smallcool::smallwink:

bladescape
2013-05-08, 06:47 AM
I shall be Sir Blade the Doubted. :smallwink:

Zar Peter
2013-05-08, 07:17 AM
Sir Peter, the slightly confused.
I think I sign up. Maybe. If I find my pen.

smashbro
2013-05-08, 11:47 AM
k, so we have room for 2 more, and plenty of time, so if you know anyone else who wants to play, feel free to invite them. I think I'll start it next Monday. Let's see, there's a couple things I should probably go over...

You need a majority to lynch, and if the day ends before a majority is reached, then whoever has the most votes will be lynched.
If there is a tie, whoever got the votes first is lynched.
48 hour days, 24 hour nights
We'll do day start.
I live on the east coast, so when I say the day will end at whatever time, it's EST. If you want me to change it to your time zone too, let me know.

I know most of it is on the main thread, but just wanted make sure it was here too... anything I missed, or you guys need to know?

Szilard
2013-05-08, 01:25 PM
In as Sir Szilard the Shiny.

Internet Flea
2013-05-08, 03:37 PM
You need a majority to lynch, and if the say ends before a majority is reached, then whoever has the most votes will be lynched.

So a majority ends the day early?

smashbro
2013-05-08, 03:49 PM
So a majority ends the day early?

What do you guys want to do? Usually I would say yeah, but the Day period only lasts 48 hours, so I also want to let you guys use all of it.

So right now, I'm gonna say no, unless everyone wants it to.

Zar Peter
2013-05-08, 04:01 PM
I live on the east coast, so when I say the day will end at whatever time, it's EST. If you want me to change it to your time zone too, let me know.

It would be really cool if you could write something like: Day ends on Sunday, 15.05.13, 16:00 EST, that's in about 48 hours from now on. That would be convinient for every time zone.

Of course you could write it in your weird american date order, but, well... did I tell you the story where the american policeman didn't believe my brother that he was 21 because in his driving licence there stood born on 15.06.1970? Well, my brother conviced him that even in europe there is no 15th month.

Elemental
2013-05-08, 09:18 PM
You need a majority to lynch, and if the day ends before a majority is reached, then whoever has the most votes will be lynched.
If there is a tie, whoever got the votes first is lynched.
48 hour days, 24 hour nights
We'll do day start.

Just tell us the number of hours until the day ends as well. Saves on the maths.

smashbro
2013-05-09, 02:48 PM
Alrighty, can do. I'll post both the end time in EST and how many hours.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-12, 12:13 PM
Of course you could write it in your weird american date order, but, well... did I tell you the story where the american policeman didn't believe my brother that he was 21 because in his driving licence there stood born on 15.06.1970? Well, my brother convinced him that even in Europe there is no 15th month.

:smalltongue: I think they should extend it out to fifteen months, reduce the seasons to only Winter, Spring, and Summer (eliminating Fall/Autumn), give ten months 24 days, and five months 25. One of the months with 24 days will get a 25th every four years. It will, of course, still be February.

Oh, and the way to list the date should definitely be day, month, year. I personally always write in the first three letters of the month, as to not confuse my co-workers (ex: Today is 12May13).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll still co-narrate, if you'd like. Or, I could join.

Either way, I am Lady Lexington the Kat.

smashbro
2013-05-12, 02:53 PM
Whichever you would prefer Lex, doesn't matter to me. I'll put you in as a player unless you say otherwise by tonight.

Role PMs will go out later tonight (like, 6 to 8 hours from now), and I'll get everything else I need together then.

smashbro
2013-05-12, 10:51 PM
Day 1 has started

Day 1 start is Sunday, 12th of May 2013, 23:50 EST

The Knights of the Elliptical Table gather around their non circular table to discuss the idea that not all of them have stayed true to their lord smashbro. The Knights glare at each other, wonder who could have dared betray such a perfect (and humble) lord.

Day 1 ends Tuesday, 14th of May 2013, 23:50 EST

48 hours remain

On a side note, I'll keep track of current votes in the first post, and update it when I come online. There'll be a time when I last updated it, too.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-12, 11:41 PM
Hm... Well, let's look at the competition here.

I hereby elect that we of The King's Men hereby execute Sir Onion due to the sheer stench of him.

bladescape
2013-05-13, 01:12 AM
((Are we using red or bold this game? I'm always so mixed on that. So I shall just do bold red.))

Sir Blade, the Doubted, sat upon his usual chair to the side, and pushed back from the table. Everyone knew that this night liked seclusion, and that he rarely took part in active discussion, but today was far different.

Today he leaned forwards, and speaking in a clear voice, he asked, "Sir Day, I hear you were talking with some people of unknown repute. Could you explain yourself?"

usourselves&we
2013-05-13, 03:05 AM
Sir Elemental, because Sir Dark is not here.
the best way to sort that out would be to use all the colors, but we are too lazy for that. though now that we think about it using all the colors to point at Elemental would have a nice touch to it, still too lazy to do that.

Lex-Kat
2013-05-13, 04:12 AM
Lady Lexington, the only Lady among the Elliptical Knights, looks around at her fellows knights confused. Sir Zjoot, what in all that is good and holy is going on here?

Elemental
2013-05-13, 05:44 AM
The valiant knight, Sir Elemental, tired from his recent slaying of the great dragon Terrance, Scourge of the Northern Wastes, interrupted his nap to respond to recent accusations from the occasionally slanderous Undwir, an otherwise noble and courageous knight.
"You wound me Sirs Undwir. Never would I stoop to such a suspicious level of deceit as our dear brother in arms Sir Dark the Super, who is as we all know, preoccupied with a most important quest in foreign lands.
"By all that is righteous and good, I insist that you reconsider your accusation and instead seek to investigate Sir Szilard. It is my thought that an investigation into his financial affairs would be most illuminating."
Finally waking up fully, Elemental realised that Lord Smashbro had not yet arrived.
"Oh right, I can stop the overly formal language.
"Sir Szilard, just how are you so fabulously wealthy? We all know that the annuity we receive from our lord isn't that great. I had to slay two dragons and defeat an evil wizard just to get time off to go on pilgrimage!"

Internet Flea
2013-05-13, 09:10 AM
Sir Flea shifts his gaze across the room, landing on Sir Zar who was looking slightly confused.

What's wrong, Sir Zar? Trouble concentrating? Thinking too much, perhaps? Thinking of betrayal of your brethren? Have your schemes drawn your attention away from us?

(The dice have spoken. :smallwink:)

Szilard
2013-05-13, 09:20 AM
Well, you see, Sir Elemental, I am not quite as rich as my moniker might imply. In fact, the shiny bit is a metaphor for how pretty I am. :elan:

onionbreath
2013-05-13, 10:45 AM
Hm... Well, let's look at the competition here.

I hereby elect that we of The King's Men hereby execute Sir Onion due to the sheer stench of him.

I fart in your general direction :smalltongue:
Is being stinky a crime, especially one worthy of capital punishment? Nay, i say. Consider that if I were a traitor, I would never be able to ambush you. You would say "Trouble is afoot. Mr. Stinky Breath Breather-Outer is here" before I was ever in threatening range.

I have no vote...yet. I simply do not wish to throw out accusations as if they were my son's dirty diapers.

Amidus Drexel
2013-05-13, 02:31 PM
Sir Day the Ambiguously Illuminated awoke, rose, and set out for the castle on his steed. As he entered the courtyard, he noticed a small insect jump off of his tunic.

Odd. What would an Internet Flea be doing here. Suspicious.

...or so says the cruel goddess Arengi. :smallamused:

smashbro
2013-05-13, 02:47 PM
((Are we using red or bold this game? I'm always so mixed on that. So I shall just do bold red.))

Bold Red would be best, but I'll accept red too.

That being said, I'll assume bold names before this post were votes, so they will count for now, but future votes in black bold will not count.

Sir Flea shifts his gaze across the room, landing on Sir Zar who was looking slightly confused.

Counting this as a vote for Zar Peter, even though he technically named himself Sir Peter, not Sir Zar. Not sure if it really matters to you guys, but figured I'd just make sure you know it counts. Using Sir Zar in the future is fine.

Current Votes

Monday, 13th of May 2013, 15:50 EST
31 hours left in the day

Sir Hatter the Mad||0
Sir Blade the Doubted||0
Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated|Sir Blade,|1
Sir Elemental the Grey|Sir Undwir, Sir Szilard|2
Sir Onion of Halitosis|Sir Hatter,|1
Sir Flea the Frenetic|Sir Day|1
Sir Zjoot the Zesty|Lady Lexington,|1
Sir (Zar) Peter, the slightly confused|Sir Flea|1
Sir Szilard the Shiny|Sir Elemental,|1
Lady Lexington the Kat||0
[/table]

Internet Flea
2013-05-13, 03:36 PM
Counting this as a vote for Zar Peter, even though he technically named himself Sir Peter, not Sir Zar.

Dang it; I checked the name and still got it wrong!

Zar Peter
2013-05-13, 05:26 PM
Dang it; I checked the name and still got it wrong!

Well, I was slightly confused about whom you meant, too. Now that's out of the way maybe Sir Blade could tell us who is betraying our master?

Elemental
2013-05-14, 12:45 AM
"My apologies Sir Szilard, I had assumed you were sitting in the sunlight. Naturally, I am wise enough to admit when I am wrong."

--------------

Sir Szilard
And this is what I get for not simply revenge voting when I had the chance. Here's hoping you'll stop voting for me as well.

Edit: Okay. My plea for mercy has fallen victim to time zones. It's eleven at night, and I need to go to bed early as I will be out tomorrow, probably until long after the day ends visiting my grandparents. As such, I plead for clemency knowing that no evidence can prove my evidence save for the revelations granted by my own death. Though still I plead in the hopes that mercy shall be shown in my time of need.

In other words, please don't kill me. I'm just a knight who doesn't want to die.

smashbro
2013-05-14, 11:26 AM
Current Votes

As of now, Sir Elemental, with 2 votes, would be lynched come 23:50.

Tuesday, 14th of May 2013, 12:25 EST
11, 30 minutes hours left in the day

Sir Hatter the Mad||0
Sir Blade the Doubted||0
Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated|Sir Blade,|1
Sir Elemental the Grey|Sir Undwir, Sir Szilard|2
Sir Onion of Halitosis|Sir Hatter,|1
Sir Flea the Frenetic|Sir Day|1
Sir Szilard the Shiny||0
[/table]

Hattish Thing
2013-05-14, 01:55 PM
Sir Onion, thou art a wise and disciplined speaker. You have convinced me my ways are wrong, and my accusation should be better thought out. I officially retract my vote, and hereby accuse SIR ELEMENTAL!?!?!!? for being generally.... suspicious looking! Comrades, BURN THE WITCH!

smashbro
2013-05-14, 02:13 PM
I officially retract my vote, and hereby accuse SIR ELEMENTAL!?!?!!? for being generally.... suspicious looking! Comrades, BURN THE WITCH!

I assume you meant it to be a vote (meant it to be in red)?

onionbreath
2013-05-14, 03:55 PM
Sir Onion had searched tirelessly throughout the day looking for clues in an attempt to ferret out at least one of the disloyal knights. His investigation had turned up empty. Disappointed, he let out a long sigh as he entered the tavern. So it had come to this after all.

The barkeep brought Sir Onion the ale he requested, as well as a pair of dice. These dice would tell him who was guilty of treasonous thoughts. Maybe they failed last time, but it couldn't happen again...right?

Sir Onion drank the ale quickly. The answer he was looking for was not at the bottom of that glass at after all. Perhaps a second ale would change things? Yes, that one gave him the courage he needed. The dice were thrown and came to a rest. The answer was...

"NO! Impossible!" Sir Onion yelled as he pounded his fist on the table. The dice had shown him the only person he knew to be innocent. What to do now? He couldn't show up to tomorrow's council without any leads.

He threw the dice again. This time they gave a more acceptable answer, and so Sir Onion's mind was decided. Sir Day is clearly one of ill intent. There has to be evidence out there to prove it; it just needs to be found.

Amidus Drexel
2013-05-14, 04:01 PM
Upon walking into the room of the Elliptical Table, and noticing some knights already suspicious of himself, Sir Day made a quickly thought-out decision and stood on a cart.

Well, this is inconvenient. I suppose there's only one person we can safely accuse: Sir Elemental!

Elemental
2013-05-14, 07:36 PM
Well... Looks like an impassioned plea for mercy hasn't worked...
Damn.

Oh well, I shall resign myself to my fate and laugh at you all for killing me.

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-14, 09:21 PM
Sir Day, perhaps there is a reason you are so ambiguously illuminated. Perhaps it is because you are evil?

smashbro
2013-05-14, 11:22 PM
First off, apologies for the lateness, was over a friend's house. Anyway.

Day 1, Final votes

Sir Hatter the Mad||0
Sir Blade the Doubted||0
Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated|Sir Blade, Sir Onion, Sir Hedgehog|3
Sir Elemental the Grey|Sir Undwir, Sir Szilard, Sir Hatter, Sir Day|4
Sir Flea the Frenetic||0
Sir Szilard the Shiny||0
[/table]

Sir Elemental has been lynched

As Lord Smashbro rode his horse, along with his armed guard, he spoke to himself. "I'm glad that when I arrive for my meeting, my Loyal Knights of the Elliptical Table will be there to greet and protect me. Especially Sir Elemental the Grey, who had been practicing magic almost..." smashbro chuckled "religiously. Yes, my Devout Paladin, Sir Elemental the Grey with be most helpful in any disadvantageous event."

smashbro's horse stopped, and an odd feeling washed over him, as if people who were looking to protect him had just stabbed themselves in the foot. "It's probably nothing."

You see a holy symbol clutched in the hand of the now dead Sir Elemental.

"Whelp..."

Night 1 has started

Night 1 start is Wednesday, 15th of May 2013, 00:20 EST

Night 1 end is Thursday, 16th of May 2013, 0:20 EST

Elemental
2013-05-15, 02:55 AM
If it weren't for the fact that I'm dead, I would find this hilarious. Oh well... I'll haunt the castle crypt and frighten people with my bloodstained form.

onionbreath
2013-05-15, 10:48 AM
smashbro's horse stopped, and an odd feeling washed over him, as if people who were looking to protect him had just stabbed themselves in the foot. "It's probably nothing."

:elan:
DUNH DUNH DUNNNNNH!!!

Too soon?

Hattish Thing
2013-05-15, 12:46 PM
Yes, too soon. :smallfrown: We'll miss you Elemental.

Zjoot
2013-05-15, 04:55 PM
Darn it, already behind. Sorry for missing day one everyone.

smashbro
2013-05-15, 11:24 PM
Lord Smashbro wakes up from a good night's sleep, and readies himself for the day's journey.

"You know," smashbro says to one of his escorts. "I can't wait to see my Knights again, especially Lady Lexington the Kat. She's always been such a loyal knight to me, and admirably she's the only woman among my knights, yet she holds her own just fine."

The reaming Knights gather in the room of one of their own, examining the body. It seemed, after careful investigation, that Lady Lexington passed away in the night, likely due to the knife lodged in her head.

Lady Lexington has been killed

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbdr7jmYFa1row6uro1_500.png

Day 2 has started

Day 2 start is Thursday, 16th of May 2013, 00:30 EST

Day 2 end is Saturday, 18th of May 2013, 12:30 EST

smashbro
2013-05-15, 11:28 PM
Wanna separate this from my post above, just so it's al ittle neater I guess.

You guys technically get an extra 12 hours for Day 2, since I want the time it ends to be around noon, rather than past midnight. On a related note, I'll update the vote count on the first post once I get some sleep.

Also, if nobody has done it yet, someone has to make a WW variant that's like Majora's Mask, where you only have 3 days, but you can travel back in time and do stuff, and yeah. Mostly cause I found the pic and it was accurate for Day 2. :smallsmile:

bladescape
2013-05-16, 01:02 AM
I'd like to note that while pressure on Elemental grew, it may have been a response to a wagon that was starting on Sir Day.

I'll do more indepth analysis later, but that's what I get from my memory

smashbro
2013-05-16, 08:24 AM
Current Votes

Thursday, 16th of May 2013, 9:20 EST
about 51 hours left in the Day

Sir Hatter the Mad||0
Sir Blade the Doubted||0
Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated|Sir Blade|1
Sir Flea the Frenetic||0
Sir Zjoot the Zesty||0
Sir (Zar) Peter, the slightly confused||0
Sir Szilard the Shiny||0
[/table]

Also, I mathed wrong and in the previous post said that Day would last until Sunday, when it should have been Saturday. This has been changed, and the Day ends at 12:30 EST on Saturday (about 51 hours from now).

onionbreath
2013-05-16, 09:27 AM
I suspect that Lady Lexington was silenced because she could not be bribed. Sir Zjoot, what do you know of her untimely demise?

Hattish Thing
2013-05-16, 12:52 PM
Sir Hatter the Mad was walking through the castle corridors one day, when he heard Sir Day talking in his sleep. Sir Hatter swore he heard something about something 'bout a dark lord and the end of the world, and a ring. Nothing too important! him plotting to assassinate our king! :smalleek::smallmad:

Amidus Drexel
2013-05-16, 03:41 PM
I'd like to note that while pressure on Elemental grew, it may have been a response to a wagon that was starting on Sir Day.

I'll do more indepth analysis later, but that's what I get from my memory

That's the only reason I voted for him. Who started that bandwagon?

*looks upthread*

*Points accusingly at usourselves&we*

Zar Peter
2013-05-16, 04:02 PM
That's the only reason I voted for him. Who started that bandwagon?

*looks upthread*

*Points accusingly at usourselves&we*

You are accusing the first of a day 1 bandwagon for starting it? Really? I mean why not, for instance, the fourth pointer?
I can understand why you pointed at Sir Elemental yesterday but this point smells fishy to me. Very fishy. Sir Day, I accuse you that you have been bought to betray our lord!

By the way, it would be nice to write the user names beside the Knight Names in the table post 1 to avoid confusion.

Amidus Drexel
2013-05-16, 04:06 PM
You are accusing the first of a day 1 bandwagon for starting it? Really? I mean why not, for instance, the fourth pointer?
I can understand why you pointed at Sir Elemental yesterday but this point smells fishy to me. Very fishy. Sir Day, I accuse you that you have been bought to betray our lord!

By the way, it would be nice to write the user names beside the Knight Names in the table post 1 to avoid confusion.

That's because I was the fourth pointer. :smalltongue:

I suppose it would make more sense... No one strikes me as particularly suspicious, though.

Zar Peter
2013-05-16, 04:15 PM
That's because I was the fourth pointer. :smalltongue:

I suppose it would make more sense... No one strikes me as particularly suspicious, though.

I know. I even suggested that you could have saved Sir Elemental by pointing at this dubious Sir Day till I realized that you were Sir Day. :smalltongue:

Well, anyway, accusing the starter of the bandwagon... better to say it's a random point than this reasoning.

Zjoot
2013-05-16, 04:52 PM
So far, Zar Peter seems the most suspect to me, mostly from initial reaction. This is subject to change as I get caught up.

usourselves&we
2013-05-16, 10:09 PM
If the focus will be on the wagoners Sir Hatter was a bit expressive. and we aren't all that into a revenge point.

Szilard
2013-05-17, 09:22 AM
Sir Zjoot, I do believe that Sir Peter is simply confused, as per his moniker.

Sir Szilard was also jealous of Zjoot's fabulous hair, but that wasn't important to the world at large.

Internet Flea
2013-05-18, 12:10 AM
(Oh, I haven't voted yet.)

Sir Flea finds himself tilting heavily to one side. Losing his balance, his careens into Sir Hatter before righting himself.

"Sir Hatter! What sorcery is this? Surely these dark powers can only be aligned against our noble Lord!"

(Sir Hatter and Sir Day seem the most suspicious so far.)

Hattish Thing
2013-05-18, 01:00 AM
GASP! I've been accused!

Well, Bandwagon-wise, I merely find that it's better to be safe than sorry with others, so I find bandwagons to be a great way of getting closer and closer to the culprit, obviously SIR DAY. (Staying by my vote!)

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-18, 09:05 AM
I will stand by my vote from the first round: Sir Day

onionbreath
2013-05-18, 02:00 PM
I find bandwagons to be a great way of getting closer and closer to the culprit

The bandwagon didn't work out so well for us last time...

On day 1, Sir Day received three votes (from myself, Sir Blade, and Sir Hedgehog). It was reasonable to assume he would be in danger of execution again today. If Sir Day was one of the bribed knights, I think that one of us would have been killed in retaliation for the votes.

In spite of this, the bribed knights did not kill any of those who voted for Sir Day. For this reason, I now believe Sir Day to be innocent.

Zar Peter
2013-05-18, 02:58 PM
The bandwagon didn't work out so well for us last time...

On day 1, Sir Day received three votes (from myself, Sir Blade, and Sir Hedgehog). It was reasonable to assume he would be in danger of execution again today. If Sir Day was one of the bribed knights, I think that one of us would have been killed in retaliation for the votes.

In spite of this, the bribed knights did not kill any of those who voted for Sir Day. For this reason, I now believe Sir Day to be innocent.

Normally a wolf wouldn't kill someone who voted against him. Except when he knows this and argues that a wolf wouldn't normally kill someone who voted against him. It's a zero argument. Just because you didn't get killed doesn't mean that Sir Day is innocent. It doesn't meant that he's guilty, either.

Amidus Drexel
2013-05-18, 04:46 PM
Normally a wolf wouldn't kill someone who voted against him. Except when he knows this and argues that a wolf wouldn't normally kill someone who voted against him. It's a zero argument. Just because you didn't get killed doesn't mean that Sir Day is innocent. It doesn't meant that he's guilty, either.

Eh, I'm of the opinion that poorly designed and nonsensical arguments catch wolves fairly consistently... I'm not sure why I keep looking for logical reasons to do anything.

Sir Blade, the Doubted... I doubt you. :smalltongue:

smashbro
2013-05-18, 05:48 PM
Sorry for not being around much the last few days, and for not being on when the day should have ended. Shopping all day. Totally fun. :smallyuk:

Changing the first post to have usernames next to knight names.

Final Votes Day 2

Sir Hatter the Mad|Sir Undwir, Sir Flea|2
Sir Blade the Doubted|Sir Day|1
Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated|Sir Blade, Sir Hatter, Sir Peter, Sir HedgeHog|4
Sir Flea the Frenetic||0
Sir Zjoot the Zesty|Sir Onion, Sir Szilard|2
Sir (Zar) Peter, the slightly confused|Sir Zjoot|1
Sir Szilard the Shiny||0
[/table]

"Ah, Sir Day, I remember him fondly," smashbro said alound, as his party packed up for the night. "His armor was always odd, it seemed to always reflect light into my eyes. At night. How odd.

But still, he's a good man, I can safely say I would walk through a dark alley with him, he would be sure to light it up. But I'm not sure the other knights like him all that much... I don't know why."

As you investigate the now dead Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated you find a book called How To Protect Your Liege. Maybe you should have checked his room before killing him...

Sir Day, the Ambiguously Illuminated and a Loyal Knight has been lynched Day 2.

Night 2 has started

Night 2 start is Saturday, 18th of May 2013, 18:50 EST

Night 2 end is Sunday, 19th of May 2013, 18:50 EST

smashbro
2013-05-19, 05:42 PM
In the morning, you wake to find one more missing from your group. You go to this knight's room, and find Sir Peter, with a questioning look on his face, ever confused, even in death.

But the one thing he wasn't confused about, was something written in his notes. "There are 3."

Sir Peter, the slightly confused, a Loyal Knight was killed Night 2.

Day 3 has started

Day 3 start is Sunday, 19th of May 2013, 18:30 EST

Day 3 end is Wednesday, 22nd of May 2013, 19:00 EST

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-20, 08:36 AM
I can't put a finger on why, but my gut feeling is that Sir Undwir has betrayed Smashbro.

onionbreath
2013-05-20, 12:28 PM
I think I have figured out the identities of two of the disloyal knights. Unfortunately I can't vote for them both today, but I'll start with the one I have the stronger case against.

Sir Hatter the Mad, I accuse you!

(editing post due to vote change in later post)

usourselves&we
2013-05-20, 01:28 PM
I can't put a finger on why, but my gut feeling is that Sir Undwir has betrayed Smashbro.

"There are 3."
That sir is undo profiling against those of the multiple variety we will have to respond in kind. Sir Hedgehog.

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-20, 03:11 PM
That sir is undo profiling against those of the multiple variety we will have to respond in kind. Sir Hedgehog.

That honestly makes me seem a lot more clever than I actually am. I'm just working off a gut feeling that's probably wrong.

usourselves&we
2013-05-20, 08:11 PM
Think nothing of it, we would have made a joke in relation to the narration anyway, it works better with someone commenting then just us saying something.

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-21, 10:59 AM
Well, I'm not really willing to let Sir Undwir get lynched based on a gut feeling I no longer believe is correct, but I am willing to lynch Sir Hatter based on what Sir Onion believes.

smashbro
2013-05-21, 12:29 PM
Current Votes Day 3

About 30 hours remain.

Sir Hatter the Mad|Sir Onion, Sir Hedgehog|2
Sir Blade the Doubted||0
Sir Flea the Frenetic||0
Sir Zjoot the Zesty||0
Sir Hedgehog the Defenestrator|Sir Unwir|1
Sir Szilard the Shiny||0
[/table]

Internet Flea
2013-05-21, 02:57 PM
Zjoot for me.

Zjoot
2013-05-21, 04:33 PM
I'll go Hedgehog Ranger for now. Personally, I would've waited for Onionbreath to justify his claims before acting on them.

onionbreath
2013-05-21, 05:18 PM
Fair enough. My proof is in the voting record. Sir Hatter has helped lynch two loyal knights so far and is unique in this regard.

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-21, 07:38 PM
If I may justify my vote, I had decided to switch my vote from Sir Undwir, and Sir Onion was presenting the only other choice that wasn't me.

bladescape
2013-05-22, 07:57 AM
Sir Zjoot is my suspicion. Yay for 3way ties

Szilard
2013-05-22, 10:39 AM
I shall go with Sir Zjoot.

onionbreath
2013-05-22, 11:41 AM
I think I have figured out the identities of two of the disloyal knights. Unfortunately I can't vote for them both today, but I'll start with the one I have the stronger case against.

Sir Zjoot is the other knight I strongly believe to be disloyal. In the interest of ensuring that one of the bribed knights gets executed today, I will switch my vote.

(note that I still believe Sir Hatter to also be guilty as well).

Sir Peter said there were three bribed knights. What are everyone's thoughts on who the third is and why?

smashbro
2013-05-22, 02:31 PM
Current Votes Day 3

About 3.5 hours remain.

Sir Hatter the Mad|Sir Hedgehog|1
Sir Blade the Doubted||0
Sir Flea the Frenetic||0
Sir Zjoot the Zesty|Internet Flea, Sir Blade, Sir Szilard, Sir Onion|4
Sir Hedgehog the Defenestrator|Sir Unwir, Sir Zjoot|2
Sir Szilard the Shiny||0
[/table]

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-22, 02:52 PM
Alright, changing my vote for the second time to hop on the Sir Zjoot bandwagon. Apparently almost everyone else thinks he's a disloyal knight, so he has to be, right?:smalltongue:

Zjoot
2013-05-22, 04:30 PM
*Waits for any evidence to support the bandwagon against him*

EDIT: Actually, no time for that. I'm getting lynched. I'd take a look at my bandwagon though, who's on it and in what order and such, as it's a pretty significantly large one, for having no justification. There's gotta be at least one wolf in there, and my guess is that it's HedgehogRanger or Onionbreath or both...

onionbreath
2013-05-22, 05:44 PM
I have left no confusion as to my allegience so far. For this, I realize that I may be taking a dirt nap in the onion patch before this time tomorrow. Since we all gathered here for today's "ceremony" I would like to share what may be my final thoughts.

Sir Zjoot, I originally found the death of Lady Lexington to be suspicious. Your indirect defense of Sir Hatter convinced me that you have been bribed. We shall find out the truth shortly, I assume.

I still firmly believe that Sir Hatter has been bribed and I encourage whichever Loyal Knights are still alive at the start of Day 4 to pursue his execution.

I do not know who the third conspirator is. At the start of Day 3 I had suspected Sir Hedgehog since he seemed to jump on bandwagons quickly with no evidence. However, the events of today have convinced me that he is in fact loyal.

If I do not see you tomorrow, fellow Loyal Knights, please know that I have found it an honor to serve with you.

smashbro
2013-05-22, 07:45 PM
Final Votes Day 3

Day has ended.

Sir Hatter the Mad|Sir Hedgehog|1
Sir Blade the Doubted||0
Sir Flea the Frenetic||0
Sir Zjoot the Zesty|Internet Flea, Sir Blade, Sir Szilard, Sir Onion|4
Sir Hedgehog the Defenestrator|Sir Unwir, Sir Zjoot|2
Sir Szilard the Shiny||0
[/table]

"Ah, Si Zjoot. Funny name," said Lord smashbro. "but a good man. Fierce as a lion, on the battlefield and in the kitchen, made some delicious meals. I can't wait to see him again. Such a loyal knight."

Sir Zjoot, the Zesty and a Loyal Knight has been lynched Day 3.

Night 3 has started

Night 3 start is Wednsday, 22th of May 2013, 20:45 EST

Night 3 end is Thursday, 23rd of May 2013, 20:45 EST

smashbro
2013-05-23, 07:50 PM
Today is the day that smashbro arrives to meet with the rival lord. And when you wake, you find another Knight dead.

Sir Blade, the doubted and a Loyal Knight has been killed Night 3.

As you all stare at each other across the table you think about what you found the morning before, that Sir Peter had realized there were three betraying knights.

Three of the remaining knights grinned, while the other three's faces betrayed their sudden realization.

"Ah, time for a nice little chat with my good neighbor," smashbro said, as he entered the chamber. "And, it's nice to see my Knights... again..." smashbro frowned as he saw three dead bodies in the room, and three of his knights, weapons all drawn.

"Well... I guess my willingness to trust The Plenty was a bit Mad and Frenetic... maybe next time..."

Lord Smashbro, the trusting has been killed in Endgame.

Sir Onion of Halitosis and a Loyal Knight has been killed in Endgame.

Sir Hedgehog the Defenestrator and a Loyal Knight has been killed in Endgame.

Sir Szilard the Shiny and a Loyal Knight has been killed in Endgame.

(A bitter) Congratulations to the Betraying Knights, Sir Hatter the Mad, Sirs Undwir The Plenty, and Sir Flea the Frenetic for winning Knights of the Elliptical Table!

smashbro
2013-05-23, 07:54 PM
So yeah, this game went quicker than I expected. I thought that the Doc would be very helpful, and that town wouldn't need a second power role, but now I'm thinking I probably could have thrown another in.

Also, Hatter was gonna be lynched on Day 3, until there were 4 votes almost in a row for Zjoot... I was so hoping it would go back to hatter, wanted to see the town get at least one... but it looks like I'm not fit to create an organization based on the shape of a table.

Internet Flea
2013-05-23, 08:05 PM
Can't say I expected it to go any other way; no town network hurts and villagers around here usually only start to get traction around Day 3 or 4.

(Mad Hatter, any objection to posting the Quicktopic?)

Elemental
2013-05-23, 09:11 PM
I'm sure I would have been a helpful guy to have around, but alas... I was lynched on the first day and there was nothing that could be done about it.

HedgehogRanger
2013-05-23, 09:32 PM
I feel moderately proud of myself, I voted for 2 disloyal knights on the same day. Unfortunately, I didn't wind up voting for either one. :smallfrown:

onionbreath
2013-05-23, 10:15 PM
I really thought we were going to be able to get Sir Hatter on day 3. However, with only two votes so late in the day it didn't seem likely. I was afraid the Disloyal knights would all pile on someone near the end and win the vote. Since I thought Sir Zjoot was also guilty, I figured we could get Hatter on day 4. Oops. In other words...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/234/765/b7e.jpg

Even if we got smoked, I had fun. This was my first online WW game (I've played IRL a few times) so if you thought I was obnoxious or just not very smart, please let me know so I can do better next time. :smallsmile:
Thanks for setting this up, smashbro.

smashbro
2013-05-24, 09:14 AM
No problem, hope you guys enjoyed it, even if it was kinda short. Hopefully I can work on new setups, play and run more games here.

Internet Flea
2013-05-27, 01:15 AM
Wolf QT (http://quicktopic.com/50/H/Wf2v2CYvXHW) if anyone was interested.

bladescape
2013-05-27, 04:28 AM
I wasn't as scary as you guys thought in the wolfchat. =P Meh, first loss back, but I'm not surprised. I was a bit out of depth and had no time to really establish my reads.