PDA

View Full Version : What entertainment in Xykon's Fortress?

BaronOfHell
2013-05-06, 10:41 AM
If understood correct, Xykon made his fortress-thomb-thingie as a place to safely regenerate.

Xykon can apparently feel boredom and last time he regenerated it did seem like it took a while and he was not in a state to do much while regenerating.

As such, what kind of entertainment systems do you imagine Xykon has placed in the room he made for his phylactery

My guess would be his Teevo, maybe with a remote control which didn't require hands (voice operated?). What else do you guys think he could have placed in there which he could use to entertain himself until fully regenerated?

Shred-Bot
2013-05-06, 11:17 AM
If understood correct, Xykon made his fortress-thomb-thingie as a place to safely regenerate.

Xykon can apparently feel boredom and last time he regenerated it did seem like it took a while and he was not in a state to do much while regenerating.

As such, what kind of entertainment systems do you imagine Xykon has placed in the room he made for his phylactery

My guess would be his Teevo, maybe with a remote control which didn't require hands (voice operated?). What else do you guys think he could have placed in there which he could use to entertain himself until fully regenerated?

As far as we know, he hasn't watched the "paladin being chased by the rust monster" he saved yet... so he's probably got at least a few things to watch on there. Maybe some untrained prisoners to slip and impale themselves on their weapons? They could be in some sort of stasis/suspended animation set to deactivate when regen starts. (Because while a bunch of prisoners having starved to death would probably be worth a chuckle for Xykon, it definitely won't be the days/weeks of entertainment he needs.)

Also if he can start crafting items before fully regenerated, that would at least take up 8 of the 24 hours of each day. (He'll probably at least need hands for that, though.) And once his spells return, he can maybe blow some stuff up for a while each day too. Those early stages are gonna be rough for him though.

Angel Bob
2013-05-06, 11:34 AM
You forget that Xykon's phylactery is not actually IN his astral fortress; Redcloak gave him a decoy and kept the real one for himself.

Procyonpi
2013-05-06, 11:52 AM
Obviously, peseant death matches.

Ron Miel
2013-05-06, 11:55 AM
You forget that Xykon's phylactery is not actually IN his astral fortress; Redcloak gave him a decoy and kept the real one for himself.

But he doesn't know that, though. He's expecting to regenerate in his fortress. So he'll want some type of entertainment there.

Sunken Valley
2013-05-06, 12:04 PM
X-Box, obviously :smallbiggrin:

Reathin
2013-05-06, 02:46 PM
X-Box, obviously :smallbiggrin:

Nothing like dealing with a player who can troll you by actually sending fiendish trolls to attack you

ti'esar
2013-05-06, 03:11 PM
What an astonishingly frivolous question.

Also, Reanimated Gladiators. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0548.html)

BaronOfHell
2013-05-07, 08:57 AM
I read a little more about D&D today and came upon Astral Projection.
While the spell assumes a body on the material plane, I wonder if it'd be possible to set up a kind of contingency spell (maybe in trap form, triggered by Xykon's word when transported to his phylactery), which would cast Astral Projection upon Xykon and project him into a prepared body on the material plane?

Further more, no matter if this is possible or not, would such a body be able to cast spells?

Other than that, I imagine everything has to be voice activated.

Edit: @Angel Bob
No, I didn't forget that.

Shred-Bot
2013-05-07, 10:38 AM
I read a little more about D&D today and came upon Astral Projection.
While the spell assumes a body on the material plane, I wonder if it'd be possible to set up a kind of contingency spell (maybe in trap form, triggered by Xykon's word when transported to his phylactery), which would cast Astral Projection upon Xykon and project him into a prepared body on the material plane?

Further more, no matter if this is possible or not, would such a body be able to cast spells?

Other than that, I imagine everything has to be voice activated.

Edit: @Angel Bob
No, I didn't forget that.

I don't think astral projection can send you into another body at all, BUT there are spells that can, Magic Jar for one. Though that particular one might run into issues depending on how the soul issue is interpreted. (Though I think it should work, since a lich's phylactery's explicit purpose is to keep the soul around.)

Anyway if he has a trap/item of that, he can swap into some critters he's got there and go kill stuff/operate the Teevo remote/whatever. Better than lying around waiting to get enough limbs to do stuff, anyway.

martianmister
2013-05-07, 11:07 AM
Torture rooms with jelly and WWII style war planes.