PDA

View Full Version : Kobold Run: Green Team (IC)

boldfont
2013-05-06, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the First Centennial Kobold Run!

Green Team

Cue theme music (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVezbVxp2Pw).
An overhead of Kobold City can be seen. Hundreds of thousands of joyous kobolds dance like excited ants in honey in the streets, on the balconies of their six story mudscrapers, and thousands more watch from home on their scrying stones. The emblem of XIR the Magnificent flips onto the viewing image and the announcer's voices chime in.

Hello Kobolds and Koboldettes, and hatclings of all ages, and welcome to the First Centennial Kobold Run! I'm your host Grax Greyworm.

And I'm Diane Cuddlegrub.

We come to you live today from Mount Xir for this once in a century special event. There's going to be blood! There's going to be scales! Murder and mayhem! Thrills, chills, and good times for the whole family. They dangers that await our altheletes are manifold and some of the most creative death traps in the land. The buzz is that the players will face dragon spawn, frustrating and deadly puzzles, environment obstacles, and I've heard that Xir even has an incorporeal beholder on staff.

Incorporeal? You mean, like dead and ghosty and stuff?

Yes!

The beholder is dead? That's so sad.

Sad? Wha... It's a good thing you're pretty Diane. Regardless, this is shaping up to be one hell of an event.

Oh I can hardly wait, Grax. Who do you think is going to win?

Well it's tough to say Diane. There is a good possibility no one will win, but my electrum is on the Red Team. Trombag and Tax are both powerful spellcasters. Rumour has it that Tax was selected for the games for his financial indiscretions when handling the Mighty Xir's coin. If he can bring that ingenuity to the dungeon, I think a small team of two elites has a good chance of taking it.

Yes, and of course Trombag has those powerful wildshape forms.

That's a good point Diane. I know the kids at home are really looking forward to seeing that.

But what about the Blue team? Aren't they supposed to be a classic well rounded team of four?

Yes, but they decided to go a different route. Rather than diversify their respective positions the team has decided to focus on martial prowess and stealth. Blue team has two swordsages and a rogue. And for some reason they've thrown a Warblade into the mix. I'm not sure about this strategy.

Oooo... I like swordsages.

Of course, then there's the Green team. They did a pretty good job of diversifying and taking advantage of their superior numbers.

I understand that one of them stocked up on healing potions, is that correct?

Yes, a young "Julius the Tyrannical Paladin". We'll see if it pays off for him.

I like the Purple team!

Well, that's because you're retarded Diane

Xir the Great and Powerful Red Wyrm of Ages strides proudly through main street in Kobold City. Confetti chokes the air with colour and glitter and the screams of adoration fill the whole mountain.

And here comes Xir! The crowd is going wild.

He's so handsome! Uhh! I just want to lick his toenails or something.

I know what you mean Diane. That's one fine fire lizard.

Xir approaches the City Central Dias. His Colossal claws gesture to magically raise the sounding stone with which he will make his pronouncement.

My loyal subjects,
Thank you. Thank you. You are too kind.
Please... quiet down.

The cheering respectfully subsides.

Thank you.

As you know, this is our first ever Centennial Kobold Run. One day, while I was bathing in my vast piles of gold and picking my fabulous teeth with the femur of the latest adventurer to cross my path.

A rousing chorus of booing fills the catacombs. Xir chuckles.

Now now! They serve their purposes. If we didn't have adventurers the trap cleaners wouldn't have any gore to mop up.

An obligatory city wide chuckle follows.

Seriously though, I was looking for a way to improve our security system, when it occurred to me that my loyal subjects could use some entertainment. What if we could see our labour in action, and watch as the intruders get smashes, boiled, eaten, and pickled? Wouldn't that be fun? After years of planning and careful consideration I selected fifteen special kobolds to compete in a race. The winner will be rewarded with amnesty and riches will rain upon them forever. The losers shall die. And so it is with great pride that I declare that this First Centennial Kobold Run officially open...
BEGIN!

With a single flourish, the Dragon Xir activates his teleportation spell. The kobolds magically appear in their positions and the crowd goes wild.

Green Team
The Green Team finds itself on the top of the Mountain. The sudden change in altitude cause their ears to pop and the strong winds make it difficult to hear anything. The temperatures are freezing cold, and each of you knows that you won't last long in this environment. Fortunately Aury knows exactly when the cave entrance is. She leads the group to an icy precipice. A sheer drop that continues down for farther than any can see lies over the edge of that ledge. Mist obscures the bottom of the drop, but before the clouds become too thick they can see the northern entrance two hundred feet below. Meanwhile a fell wind blows over the horribly underdressed kobolds. The desert kobolds find this especially distressing. If they don't get inside soon...

In Kobold City excited spectators titter with glee at team green's opening position. The announcers join in the mockery.

Is that- Are they on top of the mountain?

Yes they are Diane. It seems Xir has a nasty sense of humour. Many, or all, of the group will find this climb difficult. The ice, the severity of the drop, and if they take their time about it they will start to feel the cold. They could die before they even enter the dungeon Diane.

That's pretty funny.

Yes it is Diane. Yes it is.

Clarkson
2013-05-06, 08:02 PM
"Brutus hate climbing! Brutus smash puny mountain!" The sound of metal on rock rings out.
Calm down Brutus. There is always a way. Violence may be the answer most of the time but not now. Now if I remember correctly one of you invested in a wand of Feather Fall correct? If so use it on those kobolds from the desert first. Brutus and I can wait. But first I brought something for everyone. Drink this. He hands out his potion of pass without trace to everyone. Otherwise he and Brutus begin their downward decent.

Brutus Climbing [roll0]
Julius Climbing [roll1]

Just to be clear these rolls don't get used if there's a wand of feather fall in the group

Gazzien
2013-05-06, 08:13 PM
Atik and K'gak cursed, simultaneously. Atik frowned, looking down at the cave, and then tilted his head back and forth, before turning back to his three Battletitans. "Aleph! Szess! Gurtak!" He stepped away from the majority of the group, then down at the cliff's face. "I need you three to be strong, okay? I need you to climb down." Yes, he talked to them like they were intelligent kobolds, but that was an affectation. Then he smiled, and paused.

He beckoned to his riding dog, and then gestured to the first Battletitan in the group, before ushering it up on top slowly. The weight didn't even faze the massive dinosaur, and he then gestured to the dog. "Stay!" he said in Undercommon, raising a fist, and watched the dog pull itself against the dinosaur, hanging on with all of its strength.

Then he turned back to the three Dinosaurs, and pointed down. "Guard the entrance down there." he murmured, then again, "Guard", as he pointed down the cliff. With a soft noise, they began to make their way down the cliffs.

[The three Battletitans are taking a 10 on climbing down. STR mod +17, +10 for "taking 10" = 27 to climb down, each.]

K'gak, the factotum, frowned. "I've only got 50ft of rope, and it looks like it's about 200ft to get all the way down to the entrance. Do any of you have more rope?" he asked quietly. "We can tie it up here, then have Atik untie it when you're all down."

Atik nodded with a smile. "My magic allows me to climb up and down vertical surfaces like this wall as easy as you all walk across the floor. But... what would we tie it to?"

K'gak Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [roll0]
K'gak Knowledge (Local) [roll1]
Atik Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [roll2]
Atik Knowledge (Local) [roll3]

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-07, 01:43 AM
Shivering furiously at the sudden drop in Temperature, Aury carefully shuffles over towards Atik and K'gak

"I-I h-have ffffifty feet of r-rope" She stutters, clearly suffering from the drastic drop in temperature. As a Desert Kobold, she would greatly prefer to be inside the Mountain. Luckily for her (and her older brother), Dragonwrought Kobolds are Dragons, clear and true, which means that unlike normal Kobolds, she is warm-blooded.

So, perhaps she'll last a few minutes more than she would've otherwise.

Drawing forth the coiled up Rope from her pack, she looks around at the group to see if any others had thought to bring any rope.

Her brother, however, has different plans.

Drawing upon the Copper Dragons he venerates, the Dragon Shaman's clawed feet easily find purchase on the ice as if he were a Spider clinging to its web.

"A-aury, tie y-ya' pack and m-mine wit' t-that rope" Pan-Pan instructs his younger sister

"...a-and t-then you'll d-descend t-to ffffifty feet a-above a-and l-lower it down! T-then y-you c-can c-climb b-back up and ferry me down!" Aury exclaims, realising the older Kobold's plan.

The siblings quickly get to work.

There's a few assumptions here; Pan Pan has a climb speed of 20ft due to his Always On Spider Climb ability, which means he can descend 40ft per round. If he wants to get to -150ft, he can lower his and Aury's packs down with the 50ft of Silk Rope (Aury takes 10 to tie the rope around their packs, for a result of 17; will that be enough?) and then return to the precipe.

This, by my estimate, would take four rounds to get down, one round to lower the packs and then start to ascent, and then another 3.5 rounds to get back up.

Aury will then grab onto Pan Pan; since she weighs 48lbs in her armor, Pan Pan will be on a Heavy Load, but will still be able to hold her. She'll grab onto him so that his hands are free.

Assuming there aren't traps on the cliff-face (there probably are), will I be able to pull this off without incident?

And just some general rolling to know more stuff

Aury's K. Dungeoneering [roll0]

boldfont
2013-05-07, 09:51 AM
The Kobolds set to work quickly pulling out their ropes. The first obstacle is readily apparent. As Atik pointed out, there is nothing to fasten the ropes to. If they had a spike and hammer, or a "climbing kit", or even a heavy weapon they were willing to sacrifice, they could drive an anchor into the ice and work from there.

Meanwhile, it is getting cold.

We'll wait on that wand, a plan, or some rope you can use before I evaluate those climb rolls Clarkson. I'm sure you would appreciate that.

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-07, 09:58 AM
Any response on my Spider Climb plan? After all, I don't particularly want my Desert Kobold Dragons to freeze to death this early in the game. The great and magnificent Xir wouldn't get nearly enough information about how well his security works if we died now :smallwink:

Gazzien
2013-05-07, 10:01 AM
K'gak nodded. "That makes sense." He 'smiled,' and turned his head. "Could I take the rope? I can tie them together, so we can get them down with less climbing."

Atik almost smiled as well, and nodded, like his friend. "I also can walk like a spider. Perhaps if we worked together, we could carry more on each trip?"

K'gak nodded back at his brother. "And my Bag of Holding will increase the amount for one of the trips, by holding more weight than it appears to be."

K'gak has the ability to hold 63 more pounds in his Bag of Holding, then another 62.5 pounds over that. He's also got pitons in his bag! (Thank you, Shax's Haversack, v0.5... restricted sources, hah.)

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-07, 10:13 AM
Aury looked at her brother, then nodded and handed over one end of her Silken Rope. Flashing a toothy grin, despite her teeth chattering furiously, she returned to tying the siblings packs to the other end of the rope.

"G-good idea... A-atik, right?" Pan Pan replied "I-If we b-both f-ferry g-gear down, we c-can h-have the l-lot of u-us down before we a-all f-freeze. H-heck, i-if we c-can fit all our g-gear into t-that bag, we could j-just d-drop it down a-and start with Kobolds"

"A-and r-remember to keep a-an eye out, g-get me?" The Old Shaman said, growling as a furious green aura exploded out from his body and enveloped all of the Kobolds. Immediately, you feel your eyes sharpen and your reaction times become more acute.

Senses Aura is on, everyone within 30ft of Pan Pan gets a handy +1 to Spot, Listen and Initiative checks. We're probably going to need it

Gazzien
2013-05-07, 10:20 AM
Atik nodded happily. "Yes, I am Atik, and that is my dog over there; I captured his sire from a little halfie a while back. My friend working on the ropes is K'gak, but it appears he's working too hard."

K'gak nodded, focusing on tying the ropes together. Taking 10, with +10 bonus; +2 circumstance from silk rope, +1 from ranks, +2 from DEX, +5 from Brains over Brawn. This is against DC10, to "tie a secure knot", which means auto-success, short of crazy-high situational maluses. (Check of 20.)

boldfont
2013-05-07, 11:50 AM
Atik and Pan Pan begin by ferrying the packs down to the cavern. The ice bites their fingers and the snow forces them to squint their eyes. They are successful in moving four of the eight packs to the cave entrance. It only takes a minute. The rope proves unnecessary for this plan and saves no time. Instead, they climb the full 200 feet and simply toss the bags in.

The numbing cold is beginning to take its toll. They need to move quickly before some of the more vulnerable kobolds freeze to death.

The temperatures are below -20 F (-29 C) with the wind chill. Personally, I find the damage estimation in the DMG a bit silly here. Maybe if you are naked it would kill this quickly, but even underdressed you'll be fine in extreme cold for a few minutes. Anyways, I'm going by the rules and not anecdotal experience.

1d6 automatic lethal cold damage for everyone exposed. Also make a DC 15 Fort check or suffer 1d4 non-lethal. Clarkson, lets belay those rolls (it'd be death) and I'll give the Green Team an ultimatum. You can wait to be ferried, and after each transport it will be 1d6 and the Fort save +1/check for each left over Kobold, or any one of you may attempt the climb at DC 15. (DC 5 for rope, but +5 for ice and +5 for numbing cold and winds.) That's assuming you anchor the rope. A bare climb without rope is DC 25. Those that have winter clothes, protection from elements, or some other way to stay warm are exempt from this damage. Please make your first check now. If Clarkson wants to climb, then please make new rolls with these guidelines.

If I'm missing anything, then let me know. And good luck.

Burrrr...

Gazzien
2013-05-07, 01:39 PM
Atik cursed. It's too cold... he thought. He motioned to K'gak, and then the rope. "K'gak, you said you had a piton?" he asked his friend.

K'gak nodded, then grabbed a piton out of his Handy Haversack. Atik smiled, and then helped his friend push the piton deep into the rock, anchoring the rope in. Atik then held open the Handy Haversack of his friend (why wouldn't K'gak bring it back up, it's only 5lb), and let his Riding Dog slip inside. (Handy Haversack is full)

"Good! Everyone, get inside!" Atik yelled, pointing down to the entrance. K'gak immediately began climbing down, trusting his friend to recover the rope at the end. Atik, meanwhile, began assisting (circumstance +2?, DMG p30) his friend downwards, helping him.

K'gak's roll: Take 10 + (-1 STR) + (5 INT) + 2 (Atik) = 16
Atik's Two Hunting Bats fly downwards, to the entrance (Speed: 60fly, good)

I can, from experience, tell you that having something or someone to hold onto while you're descending a rope helps immensely; honestly, even a +1 works. -shrug-

Clarkson
2013-05-07, 04:14 PM
"ROPE! I LOVE THIS STUFF! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A ROPE" Brutus shouts as he starts his decent

Take 10+6(ranks)+1(strength)

I think I'll get a ferry down personally. I don't trust myself to not fall. Xir protect me Julius states he then waits to be ferried down going last. If he falls below 10 hit points he drinks a healing potion.

Rolls for damage
Brutus [roll0] lethal
[roll1] save
[roll2] non lethal (possible)

Julius [roll3] lethal
[roll4] save
[roll5] non lethal (possible)

Hamste
2013-05-07, 04:36 PM
I will make a fire while we wait for the pitons to be tested and for the others to climb down. It just wouldn't do for us to pass out from the cold half way down. This also allows us to be ferried down quickly through my Bag of Holding quickly by simply dropping it while tied to the rope. Who here is left that feels they can climb down a rope unaided? Neither me or Con are good at climbing. Pyrom said as he quickly cleared the snow away from the place it would be burning and lights the oil.

I will keep a look out. Who knows what lives on this frigid mountain. Con said nodding to his friend.

Making a quick fire and Con is doing a spot check taking 10 on spot check with a +10 for a 20 (+1 from the aura as well I think) for 21...warning I will not be climbing down, the odds of both of them making it is horrendous

Clarkson
2013-05-07, 04:50 PM
Brutus can hold off on climbing down. He can make it. As long as he has the rope.

Gazzien
2013-05-07, 05:40 PM
Just to sum up the situation:
There is a fire burning/ being lit, to alleviate cold at the top.
There is a piton with rope, so you can climb down at DC15
Atik and the Dragon Shaman are currently ferrying those who are unladen, with K'gak's Bag of Holding to carry <=67 pounds of gear each trip.
The two Hunting Bats are similarly carrying <= 66 pounds of gear each trip; hopefully we'll have all of the gear down soon.
Atik, K'gak, and Brutus are on their way down; Atik is ferrying K'gak, and K'gak's Bag of Holding includes the Riding Dog that Atik owns.
Four of the eight packs are already at the bottom.
Two more packs are with the Hunting Bats.
The Hunting Bats can also carry people (on their trip after next), presuming that you weigh <= 66 lbs with your armor / things not in your pack.

boldfont
2013-05-07, 05:55 PM
Brutus can hold off on climbing down. He can make it. As long as he has the rope.

No, no. That was fine. You have to roll for the environmental effects for Brutus twice, (once for the first round spent formulating a pan, and once for his decent) but he made it. Those climb ranks made it easy.

Brutus carefully rappels down the icy cliff and into the cavernous hole below. As the first to really be inside the cave he takes the liberty of moving aside the four bags already down there. He is surprised to see a tent set up and three bed rolls laid out next to a dying fire. The cave is vast and deep. The noise from his every move is enhanced by an echo. From far off in the darkness he can hear the murmurings of voices.

Clarkson
2013-05-07, 06:30 PM
"Bru- Bru- Brutus is cold. Brutus' muscles not moving."

Brutus drinks a potion of CLW.

[roll0]

"Brutus better now. Brutus hear voices? Brutus think back to Julius' teachings. WWXD? Brutus know! Brutus get ready for attack!" he pulls out his Warhammer and a throwing axe "Now Brutus ready!"

[roll1] spot check
[roll2] listen check.

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-08, 03:24 AM
Quickly realising the cold was a much more immediate danger than they though, Pan Pan and Aury acted quickly to get out of harms way. Pan Pan moved swiftly to deliver the pair's packs down to the bottom of the cliff face, taking care to drop them into loose snow so not to damage any of the contents, and swiftly returned to the top of the cliff face.

Aury, shivering violently, clapsed her claws around her older brother and held tight with both arms and legs. Together, the two descended on their second trip, not wanting to leave Brutus, Atik and K'gak down there alone. Like Con had said, they didn't know what was on this mountain...

In case Pan Pan needs to take Element Damage, he takes [roll0] Cold Damage and...

Fort1 [roll1] DC15
Nonlethal [roll2]
Fort 2 [roll3] DC16
Nonlethal [roll4]

If he makes it down without incident, Pan Pan and Aury will got to the others that made it down. If anyone is below half-hitpoints, Pan Pan will turn on his Aura of Vigor to start bringing them back up to half. Since Non-Lethal damage heals first, we can get rid of that completely before we climb to half.

boldfont
2013-05-08, 10:04 AM
Atik and K'gak put their heads together and devise an elaborate "Dog in bag - bag in hand of kobold - kobold on spider climb kobold" plan and put it into action. K'Gak feels the icy sting of high altitude winds and snow, but other than that the plan appears to be working. The odd nesting doll arrangement is next to reach the bottom with Brutus.

The two dire bats ferry the remaining four bags down to the cave entrance. The remaining bags are light since those Kobolds didn't pack much. Atik whistles as he descends and like the well trained bats that they are they follow. They flutter about briefly in the wind and show a brief moment of difficulty staying in flight with their burdens, but the bags are mercifully light and they power through it. When they arrive they cuddle up to their master shivering.

Environmental rolls for the bats if you please.

Next to arrive are Aury and Pan Pan. The sibling pair aid each other as they always have. It works well! But during the decent the wind and snow bite their hides as well.

Split those rolls between Pan Pan (1st) and Aury (2nd) unless I missed a reason why Aury is immune.

Once inside the cave the temperatures are still cold, but a warmer draft flows gently from the depths of the fire dragon's mountain make the air less severe, and the shelter from the wind is welcome too. The unattended camp looks very inviting.

Pyrom, Con, and Julius remain at the peak, huddled closely together for warmth and hunkered over the oil fire as close as they dare. They wait for rescue, but their feet sting from the snow in the meantime. Fortunately the fire is large and provides some relief. As long as they leave some time soon they should be okay.

Meanwhile the five below can now clearly hear voices from deeper within the cave...

...It was one time! Anyways, it doesn't count if their paid. It's hardly cheatin'. Least, not the emotional sort...

You are such a pig! I can't believe I kissed you.

I'll remind you that you kissed him on a bet, for money. I hate to say it Elia, but this kind of makes you a hypocrite.

Shhh... Quiet. I think I hear something.

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-08, 11:03 AM
The siblings collect their packs and quickly head into the shelter of the cave.

Pan Pan grunts at the sound of voices further down the cave, and walks up onto the Cave Roof. Quietly, he looks for something that will provide decent cover from anyone further down the cave, and settles in until either the others are ready to leave or his Spider Climbing is needed again.

Aury listens in on the conversation being held further into the tunnels, and frowns as only a Kobold can "I don't think those voices are coming from the other teams... They're talking about "kissing"! I don't think they're even Kobolds" She mutters, confused and slightly disturbed by the thought.

She looks at Brutus, Atik and K'gak "Shall we send the bats back up to retrieve the others?"

After recieving an answer, she pulls out her Scrying Stone and cups it to her ear, checking to see if the Announcer's commentary would prove strategically useful.

Pan Pan will, if he can find a spot, start up his Vigor Aura (everyone below half HP gets Fast Healing 1 up to Half, which will eat all of your non-lethal damage if you wait for long enough) and make a Hide check.

Hide [roll0]

Aury did take damage from the Cold, but for some reason I split the rolls between the IC and OOC Threads. The damage she took is here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15194311&postcount=112), although your comment suggest that she only needs to make one check against the cold weather, rather than two? Not something I'm going to complain about, of course :smallbiggrin:

boldfont
2013-05-08, 11:23 AM
The scrying stone announcers are engaged in their usual annoying cheerful banter.

...and that's why I'll never eat another prune again.

Fascinating story Diane, if not a touch detailed for my tastes. And now back to the Green Team. It looks like Aury has finally figured out the scrying stone and is listening to us right now.

AAAIIIIEEEEEE!!!! AURY I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN!

Try to act professional for once Diane. You're breaking the fourth wall again.
Five of the eight kobolds have made it into the caves with only minor frostbite, there's still a chance to see one of the others freeze to death. There has been a lot of chatter from our viewers about wanting to see an early death. Personally, I'm against it. Freezing is far too passive and never makes for interesting viewing, but it can be fun to watch them suffer a bit.

What do you think about the company they have Grax?

Ah! You mean the adventurers! It's important to remember that this is a fully functioning dungeon in addition to being our race course. That means adventurers, intruders, natural hazards and innocent victims that Xir has placed in the dungeon for his own amusement.

Like the gnome girl?

Yes, like the gnome girl. That was great entertainment.

So these adventurers aren't part of the dungeon?

Not by design, no. But in my view intruders like these enhance the Kobold Run experience rather than tarnish it. It adds an element of the unexpected and a little extra gore for the kids.

So true Grax. So true...

And for a word from our sponsors, "K Kobold Scaling Wax". Remember folks, if it isn't K Kobold then your scales aren't shiny enough...

And from there the dialogue trails off into an endless stream of advertisements.

EDIT: Ladybug the cold damage everyone (except those wear winter gear or with magical protection) should have taken in that first minute on top of the peak, and then damage from the minute during the descent. You may retroactively count yourself as healed if needed.

That goes for everyone else too. One minute on top, one minute climbing down. The fire (started after the first minute) temporarily protects you if you are on the peak. So do the bags of holding or winter wear.

Gazzien
2013-05-08, 03:15 PM
Bat One:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Bat Two:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

K'gak:
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

Atik nodded, then pointed up to the remaining kobolds, yelling at his bats in Undercommon. "Fetch!" he told them, expecting them to go grab the other team members. They could carry the unladen kobolds, thankfully.

Hamste
2013-05-08, 03:21 PM
"Hey, can you hand this bag of holding to that animal for us? We are going to both get in at the same time to speed this up a bit." Pyrom said as he opened up the bag of holding. He quickly made sure all the items were still secured in the chest with in bag of holding and got in. Con shrugged and waved to Julius before entering with Pyrom to wait.

boldfont
2013-05-08, 03:46 PM
Atik nodded, then pointed up to the remaining kobolds, yelling at his bats in Undercommon. "Fetch!" he told them, expecting them to go grab the other team members. They could carry the unladen kobolds, thankfully.

The bats understand him. They've played fetch many times with their master. Although they dread it, they dutifully head out into the cold to fetch the remaining three with the bags of holding.

The caves are silent.

In a minute, which has not passed, the bats will return with the other three. They will take the cold damage again for that minute. In the interim it is possible that something may happen.

Clarkson
2013-05-08, 07:34 PM
Brutus moves to the shadows quietly

[roll0]
[roll1]

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-08, 10:10 PM
Aury looked at the Scrying Stone in shock; Adventurers! If there was one thing any Kobold didn't want to hear, it was that a group of deranged murder hobos was nearby. In shock, she looked at the others and at the quietly creeping Brutus moving further down the tunnel.

"Adventurers, and Xir didn't put them there. We either engage, or we try to get around them; what's the play?" Aury asks Atik and K'gak, after they've sent off their bats.

"I think we've got a good chance if we take them by surprise; Pan Pan can sneak up on them easily enough, and start melting them with his Acid. Hopefully that'll slow them down, too" She suggests, looking up at the ceiling for confirmation.

"Aye" Comes the taciturn response from the ceiling, and Pan Pan's pack drops into his Sister's waiting arms. She deposits it on the ground, and withdraws a wand from her own pack. She focuses on it, and attempts to get the blasted thing started, while slowly walking down the pathway after Brutus.

[roll0] DC20
[roll1] DC20
[roll2] DC20

Pan Pan moves in sync with his Sister, keeping to the dark spots on the ceiling as they prepare to attack or maneuver around the adventurers in their path.

Aury and Pan Pan stay a little bit behind Brutus, following the same path he did. If they haven't reached and/or been attacked by the group of totally not familiar adventurers by the time Aury has activated her Wand of Lesser Vigor, she'll start making Hide and Move Silently actions past that point, taking 10 for a result of Hide 22 and Move Silently 14.

Which I happen to know a certain Ranger who is definitely not ahead of us, beats a depressingly large amount of the time :smallbiggrin:

boldfont
2013-05-10, 10:47 AM
The bats pick up Pyrom, Con, and Julius and begin flying down to drop them off at the cave entrance.

This will take five (5) rounds. Initiative has not been rolled yet, so it would be a marvelous tactic to stall IMHO. Naturally, you will handle this as you see fit.

Rolls that don't mean anything so you probably shouldn't worry about them...
BL [roll0]
BS [roll1]
BHA [roll2]

CH [roll3]
cMS [roll4]

Bee S [roll5]

Meanwhile, A giant celestial bee buzzes through the cave, past the scouting kobolds and hovers in the middle of camp. It looks around, considering its surroundings.

The bee sees only the kobolds at the mouth of the cave. It hovers on spot, trying its best to look ferocious and guard the camp.

A disembodied voice fills the cave. You are intruding! Lower your weapons and surrender. For I... what? no I'm not saying that!

Because its ridiculous that's why

Why don't you stick to what you're good at human. I'm trying to work here.

Fine! But when this doesn't work you owe me a beer.

Ahem! I am the great and powerful Bee of Mount Xir. WWhhoooooOOOooooo...!! Leave or beeeee damned!

MAP (http://koboldrun.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/kr-green-apc1.jpg)

Clarkson
2013-05-10, 11:50 PM
"Brutus confused. Brutus surrender or leave? you told him do both.

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-10, 11:53 PM
Looking at the Gigantic Bee that has suddenly appeared in front of them, Aury and Pan Pan look at each other in confusion. They knew that Xir's dungeon was going to be tough, but they didn't know it was going to be so weird.

"Try to keep it distracted" Aury mouthed to Atik and K'gak, gesturing at Pan Pan.

The Elder sibling was quietly creeping closer to a spot above the Bee, moving slowly and carefully. Acid quietly danced around his maw, as he prepared to release an absolutely stacked Breath Weapon at his target.

Pan Pan will move 20ft across the ceiling, which will put him at E4. He's gonna spend a Full round action to do this as quietly as he can, so hopefully in your DM kindness he'll get a circumstance bonus or something for his troubles :smallbiggrin:

Unless you have any objections, I'm going to keep taking 10 for Move Silently and Hide (results of 14 for Move Silently, and 29 for Hide).

For now, Aury will take the Total Defense Action for a nifty +4 to AC until I start fighting again :smallsmile:

Gazzien
2013-05-12, 03:32 PM
K'gak cursed, along with - in synchronization with - Atik.

A bee. They were being threatened... by a bee. "You.... did see the adventurers, yes? We are merely servants of Xir, as you can tell! They, on the other hand, are trying to steal his treasures!" Atik said quickly, trying to convince the bee that the adventurers were a more prime target.

boldfont
2013-05-13, 08:19 PM
Pyrom, Con, and Julius arrive just as Pan Pan gets into position. They are shocked to see an enormous, and apparently vocal, bee facing the rest of the team. It does not appear to notice Pan Pan, or even be sentient, but it speaks to the group nonetheless.

Okay, so everyone is on scene. Sorry to cut you out of the action. A rookie mistake. DMs among you, don't do that in your games.

The bats need to take their cold damage.

Surrender and then leave! This is your last warning

"You.... did see the adventurers, yes? We are merely servants of Xir, as you can tell! They, on the other hand, are trying to steal his treasures!"

Adventurerzzzzz? What Adventurerzzzzz? Enough! The Bee of Mount Xir demandzzzz it!

What? No, I'm not going to ask them where the treasure is. We're pushing our luck as it is.

*Sigh* Fine!

Prove you are not intruderzzzz by telling us- er- me where the treasurezzzz beeeee...

Clarkson
2013-05-13, 11:13 PM
"Where Brutus go? There is no rope and Brutus cannot leave except with rope!"

"Maybe taunting a giant Bee is not a good idea. Just...doesn't seem that smart" Julius says in Draconic.

Both Brutus and Julius stand prepared for a fight.

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-14, 06:59 AM
Aury, bemused at the Antics of the Bee, decides to take a risk.

The Little Kobold, signalling for her Brother to prepare to intervene if anything seemed liable to go wrong, strode forward from her hiding spot towards the bee. Outstretching a Claw, she tapped the Bee's side.

Or, if her suspicions were correct, she would swipe a claw through empty air.

I wasn't sure about this, but whats life for a Kobold if not to be gambled on silly guesswork?

Pan Pan readies an Action to fire off his Line of Acid directly at the Bee if it is real and makes an aggressive action against any of the other Green Team members (or, if some other threat gets within 15ft, whatever that is), with Entangling Exhalation applied once and Clinging Breath applied 10 Times. So, this will do...

[roll0] Points of Acid damage, with a DC16 Save for Half. The Bee (if it is real) will be entangled for [roll1] Rounds, taking [roll2] damage in each of those rounds, and take half of the original Acid Damage for the next ten rounds. He'll get his breath back in [roll3] Rounds.

Aury will shout out "Its Real!" if there's actually a Bee there, or "Its a Fake!" if the contrary is true.

I'm not actually sure if Aury would need to roll a save to disbelieve if she can actually put her claw through the possibly-an-illusion-but-maybe-not Bee. Its pretty obvious that something is up. Unless this Dungeon has, iunno, Phase Bees or something. That'd be terrifying.

Hamste
2013-05-14, 03:45 PM
Pyrom and Con popped out of the bag of holding smiling and waving.I'm sure you missed us a lot while we were gone...wait why is there a bee here? Since when has Xir been hiring celestial creatures to guard his mountain? I mean they could have at least gone for a fiendish wolf. That would have made more sense to guard a doom mountain. Also why are you slapping it? Wouldn't it be more efficient to poke it with a knife? He said as he looked around. Ignoring the bee they got onto the side of the cave and prepared to fight whomever was unfortunate enough to come out.

Action: Ready action crossbow and shortbow to fire at the first non-kobold thing that passes through the door (both non-poisoned)... making a hide attempt(even if speaking breaks it) [roll0] for Con and [roll1] for Pyrom

boldfont
2013-05-15, 01:02 PM
As you can see, the next event required a massive post, which is why this has taken so long. During that time each of you had plenty of time to position yourselves, so no complaints about where you find yourselves at the beginning of the action please.

The who can see who is very complicated here, so I'm simplifying it. Determine if your character is (a) hidden successfully or if (b) there is no line of sight between the your character and the adventurers. As long as either of those conditions is met you may sneak attack and will not be targeted. The human has very high ranks in spot and listen and is aware of anyone who rolled less than a 26 on move silently. All the other adventurers are currently unaware of any kobold that rolled for move silently and didn't speak. If you are heard you must make a new move silent roll to successfully sneak attack. Assume success and roll all possible dice (i.e. roll SA dmg and I just won't count it if you aren't successful).

Only Pyrom, Aury, and Julius are in positions with a possible line of sight. Aury and Pyrom have cover. Pyrom is hidden.
Remember that line of sight works two ways. If you cannot see the adventurers, then you only roughly know where they are because of the missiles they shot. Establish a line of sight before attacking.

The bee is fair game for everyone. If you rolled hide, then you are hidden from it.

The bee hovers in spot and Aury swears that it stares her down and gives her a dirty look when she pats its hard (and very real) exoskeleton. This is despite the fact that the bee has segmented eyes and basically stares at everything and it has no facial muscles to shoot said dirty look with. The disembodied voice of the bee speaks...

Do not touch the bee!
*groan* Bastion, she's touching the bee. This isn't working! Let's do this before the spell wears off.

Behind the scenes the four adventurers conspire around the corner of the left passageway. Intrepid explorers of the highest caliber! It was their plan to avoid the fight by conjuring a summoned celestial bee and using an illusion to project their sorcerer's voice throughout the cave. It was supposed to be very spooky and effective, but instead the kobold called their bluff. They knew something was up (plus the hobgoblin sorcerer apparently forgot that everything he said would be projected by the spell). The human, who was half cut on gin from his canteen, came up with this stupid plan, which may have even worked but for his constant pestering of the hobgoblin to say this or that. In all, the plan was a spectacular failure. The actual conversation in it's entirety went something like this...

Human (referring to his recent infidelity and whoring): ...It was one time! Anyways, it doesn't count if their paid. It's hardly cheatin'. Least, not the emotional sort...

Sexy Elf: You are such a pig! I can't believe I kissed you.

Sociopath Gnome: I'll remind you that you kissed him on a bet, for money. I hate to say it Elia, but this kind of makes you a hypocrite.

Hobgoblin (now whispering): Shhh... Quiet. I think I hear something. (Dialogue by the kobolds confirms it)

Me too. (Takes a peak around the corner) Kobolds!

How many?

Right now I see two, but there are more.

There's always more...

Elia, can you summon up an imposing looking creature to drive them off?

Sure thing! (The elf cleric conjures a celestial bee)

A bee? Why the hell did you conjure a bee?

I- I don't know! Bees are intimidating.

Yeah, if you're a flower! What's it gonna do? Pollinate them?

Claudius is right. No one is going to be scared of a giant heavenly bee.

W- but- I'm scared of bees. They sting you and it hurts!

Seriously Elia! (Face palm) Is this your way of trying to get me back? You're going to get us killed? This is that incident with the horse all over again.

Well- ah- Maybe Charrok can make it scarier with an illusion.

I could cast a spell and make like the bee is super intelligent and can speak to them and stuff. It could be a psionic bee.

Psionic? Nobody uses psionics... Ah what the hell! Do it!

The hobgoblin casts his spell and puts on his very best psionic celestial bee voice...

You are intruding! Lower your weapons and surrender. For I...

Tell them you're the great and powerful bee of the mountain!

what? no I'm not saying that!

Why not?

Because its ridiculous that's why

It's not ridiculous. We're on a mountain and the bee is supposed to be great and powerful. We don't want them thinking this is some puss bee they can just kill with a stream of acid or something retarded like that.

Why don't you stick to what you're good at human. I'm trying to work here.

Just do it Charrok.

Fine! But when this doesn't work you owe me a beer.

Ahem! I am the great and powerful Bee of Mount Xir. WWhhoooooOOOooooo...!! Leave or beeeee damned!

Surrender and then leave! This is your last warning

"You.... did see the adventurers, yes? We are merely servants of Xir, as you can tell! They, on the other hand, are trying to steal his treasures!"

Adventurerzzzzz? What Adventurerzzzzz? Enough! The Bee of Mount Xir demandzzzz it!

Ooo! Ooo! Ask them where Xir's treasure is! That could save us a lot of time.

What? No, I'm not going to ask them where the treasure is. We're pushing our luck as it is.

Do you want to get rich off of dragon gold or not?

*Sigh* Fine!

Prove you are not intruderzzzz by telling us- er- me where the treasurezzzz beeeee...

The other kobolds arrive. Some kobolds hide. Aury goes up to the bee and taps it to make sure it is real.

Do not touch the bee!
*groan* Bastion, she's touching the bee. This isn't working! Let's do this before the spell wears off.

Yeah fine. You were right. I owe you a beer.

And me too. I was in on that bet.

You were? I don't remember that. Well, if you say so Claudius. I owe you a beer too I guess.

And so it goes...

Everything happens so fast! From around the corner of the left passage the four adventurers step out into the open to fire their weapons at the kobolds. The Kobolds, focused on the bee, are surprised (or at least Julius is). They are dismayed to find that they can only see two of the kobolds and one of them they can't see very well. First the spellcasters act. The elf lady moves into position and then blesses her companions from cover. The hobgoblin lets loose a readied spell. And missile of green corrosive acid darts from his fingertips and sails across the cave with ease. The human shoots his longbow. Then the gnome fires a crossbow bolt. It is a long shot for his (literally) but he gives it a try.

The giant bee darts at Aury with it's celestial stinger in reply to her gentle pat.

Elf - Bless
Hobgob - Melf's Acid arrow at Julius (light cover from hobgobs vantage point +2 AC) [roll0] Touch attack; if hit [roll1] this round and [roll2] next round in acid dmg.
Human - Comp Longbow [roll3] (no cover) for [roll4] at Julius.
Gnome Freak - [roll5] (-2 range increment, already factored in) at Julius for [roll6]
Giant bee - Doesn't get a surprise round.
Julius is Flat Footed

Initiative
Adventurers [roll7]

Pan Pan [roll8]
Aury [roll9]
Pyrom [roll10]
Con [roll11]
Julius [roll12]
Atik [roll13]
K'Gak [roll14] (2 for Dex, 4 for Imp Init. You may adjust if justified)

Please use grid coordinates when moving or I'll stick you where I want. Try to keep the questions to a minimum. Pacing is more important and in your best interest. Cheers and happy gaming!
(Whew! That was a big one)

MAP (http://koboldrun.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/kr-green-apc2.jpg)

Gazzien
2013-05-16, 12:40 AM
Bat 1
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Bat 2
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Atik pauses, and spends his standard action in order to command his bats. (It's a DC 22 check, maximum, and I have +23, skill checks don't fail on natural 1's, so I'm not going to bother rolling. If this is a problem, I will roll...). They move from around him to G2 and H2. (They're large creatures, but fit into medium spaces because of their Tunnel Fighting feat. They also have Blindsight 120ft.) He then uses his move action to mount up on his riding dog.

His riding dog then takes a second move action (first was getting out of the bag) in order to move to J2. Wooo, mounts.

Bats are making Hide/ MS checks, because they were not seen to start (no LoS past stone pillars)

Bat One:
Hide - [roll6]
MS - [roll7]
Bat Two:
Hide - [roll8]
MS - [roll9]

K'Gak, meanwhile, turns, and pulls out his sling (Move Action), then fires a bullet at the Celestial Bee. His initiative is actually +5 from that roll, because Brains over Brawn gives him INT to dex-based checks, and Initiative is a dexterity check!
First, Knowledge Devotion:
Celestial Bee: Know (Nature)
[roll10] (+1 to hit/dmg at DC15, +1 for each 10 above that)
Humanoids: Know (Local)
[roll11] (Same as above)

[roll12] (+1 if Knowledge Devotion on the Bee procs)
[roll13] (+1 if Knowledge Devotion on the Bee procs)

Clarkson
2013-05-16, 01:24 AM
"Shoot. My armor wasn't up to the task I guess. Julius states as he watches the magic arrow fly into his stomach. Distracted by that he just manages to dive in front of the human's arrow, as the gnome's flew through the air where he had been standing. He then moves to U3 and drinks a potion of CLW

[roll0]

Brutus for his part moves to O3 shouting "Brutus here to save day!"

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-16, 04:10 AM
"Pan Pan, they're in the tunnel" Aury shouts out to her still hidden Brother, trusting that he'd get the message and use his favourable position on the ceiling make things easier for them. Adventurers, the scourge of Kobolds everywhere. She was still confused as to how they'd gotten in here in the first place.

They were on top of a mountain, for Bahamut's sake!

Ignoring that for now, she decided that dealing with the attacking Bee would be a good idea. In a flash, the female kobold dissapeared and was replaced with a whirlwind of slashing claws and striking knees.

Full Attack the Bee!

Unarmed Strike 1 [roll0]
Crit Confrim [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Unarmed Strike 2 [roll4]
Crit Confrim [roll5]
Damage [roll6]
Crit Damage [roll7]

Claw1 [roll8]
Crit Confirm [roll9]
Damage [roll10]
Crit Damage [roll11]

Claw2 [roll12]
Crit Confirm [roll13]
Damage [roll14]
Crit Damage [roll15]

Bite [roll16]
Crit Confirm [roll17]
Damage [roll18]
Crit Damage [roll19]

Pan Pan, meanwhile, nods sagely at his sister's advice. The Adventurer's clearly knew they were there, but they didn't know just where he was. He'd like to keep it that way.

Still clinging to the roof, he edges forward to look around the side of the rocky tunnel at their foes, keeping to the shadows. He prepares his breath attack for any who cross his path.

Move Silently is pretty much worthless, since Pan Pan actually can't beat Bastion's stacked perception. But he can beat his Spot checks.

Pan Pan will take a 5ft step to G4 and take a peak around the corner, and use his standard action to ready his Breath Weapon once more (do you object to just using the same rolls as before?), this time if any Adventurer tries to push up into the tunnel. Pan Pan will use his swift action to switch to his Power Aura, giving every ally within 30ft (so, K'gak and Aury) a nifty +1 to Damage.

Hide check to remain (relatively) undetected in his little nook [roll20]

boldfont
2013-05-16, 04:33 PM
Waiting on Hamste

Hamste
2013-05-16, 04:57 PM
Pyrom slowly edged forward to the column to get a better position to snipe from. Con moved up with him as well to help better guard his friend and to allow them to surround their foes if they weren't able to take them out quickly.

Both characters move to where Brutus was. I am not sure if I need a hide check or not with the cover and stuff. [roll0] (move silently Pyrom) [roll1] (hide for Pyrom) and [roll2] (hide for Con) [roll3] (move silently for Con)

Don't forget the listen modifiers for far distance and that they are probably distracted. -5 to my move silently checks (haven't taken into account) for moving my full distance

This is followed by a ready action sneak attack with my crossbow and short bow if someone pops up around the cover.

Also sorry the post was so short, I didn't want to keep everyone waiting

boldfont
2013-05-17, 06:24 PM
Pyrom and Con take up Brutus' position while he abandons it in favour of standing in front of the firepit (really?)

The bullet is slung from K'Gak's sling with great speed. It whirls just past Aury's head, nearly striking her instead, but K'Gak's aim is true. A small crack forms in the bee's exoskeleton.
Aury takes front line in the fray, smashing about with her diminutive hands of pain! WHAPAWAPAWAPAWAPA!!!! POW! One strike blasts straight through the weakened portion of the bee's exoskeleton and the entire bee dissipates in a puff of magical smoke.

My bee! shouts the hobgoblin.

Never mind that. hushes the elf.

Julius wisely steps out of the line of fire and drinks a magical potion of heal. Even as he does so, the acid continues to burn. Sssssss.... (Rem: 4 more)

Their hiding! says the human.

I'm on it. Responds the hobgoblin. He moves forward enough to see Aury, Bee slayer, and shoots fine long strands of sticky webbing from his fingertips. These strands expand out and out until most of the cave is covered. This includes the firepit! Which Brutus is standing right next to! It wasn't planned, but the web burns all around him, charring Brutus' skin. He is free, but injured. Soon the web will be no more, and all those inside will similarly burn.

Nice! the human applauds. He leads the fight with his bow, hoping to pick stuck kobolds off from a safe distance. Instead, Pan Pan unleashes a mass of webbing of his own, only his is acidic! It holds the ranger in place, searing him badly.

Bastion! cries the elf out of obvious misplaced love and affection. She wants to get close enough to heal him, but the acid webbing would only draw her in as well. She does the next best thing and tries to cast a spell on the kobold that did this.

I can't see anything dammit! calls the stubby little gnome. Ugh... gnomes...
The coward runs off, as cowardly gnomes are wont to do.

Hobgoblin Casts Web (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Web)on Aury's position. 20' radius spread, check the rules and make rolls as appropriate.
Brutus takes [roll0] fire damage, but is free. Mixed blessing I guess.
Human Takes [roll1] acid from breath weapon. Reflex for half [roll2] DC 16. Entangled for [roll3] Rounds.
Retaliates by shooting at Pan Pan [roll4] (-2 to hit and -4 dex from being entangled resulting in -4 to hit ranged total)
if hit then [roll5]
Elf Moves, casts Hold Person (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/SRD:Hold_Person) on Pan Pan Will DC 16. If held then Pan Pan falls off the ceiling for 1d6.
Gnome Buggers off! What the hell, right?

MAP (http://koboldrun.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/kr-green-apc3.jpg)

Golden Ladybug
2013-05-17, 09:20 PM
Aury pulled her Knee back to a ready position, but the Bee was gone completely. In its place, webbing. Webbing that had caught fire.

She groaned, and started to push her way through the web and away from the Fire. Pan Pan had already entrapped one of the Adventurers, and the remaining fighters didn't seem too tough. They could take them if they worked together.

Reflex Save [roll0] against DC16. If she fails, she can't actually make the Escape Artist check.

Rollin' a Strength check then [roll1]

If she does pass, she'll make a double move action to get G6, which is right next to Elia and Bastion. Attacks of Opportunity (maybe), ho!

Meanwhile, Pan Pan ignores the Elf's magical assault without breaking a sweat, and unlimbers his crossbow.

"Nice Try, Elf" He mutters, firing at her.

Pan Pan, and Aury too for that matter, is not a Humanoid. He is Dragon! (http://dndtools.eu/feats/races-of-the-dragon--83/dragonwrought--748/)

Shooting Elia with his Crossbow, go!

Crossbow [roll2]
Crit Confirm [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Crit Damage [roll5]

Lol, rolling ones.

Clarkson
2013-05-18, 07:54 AM
"Gah! Fire bad! FIRE HURT!" Brutus screams in fury flying into a rage.

[roll0]

Julius drinks another potion.

[roll1]

Gazzien
2013-05-18, 02:25 PM
Bats fly to G3 and G4 (underneath PanPan), then both make standard-action attacks against the Elf. (Yay, 10-foot reach!) (Attack, damage, Crit Confirm (20/x2), crit damage)
Bat 1:

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Bat 2:
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]

Reflex saves for Web:
Atik: [roll8]
K'gak: [roll9]
Dog: [roll10]
K'gak uses an Inspiration Point on the save.

If they make it out, Atik and his Dog are making (escape artist / strength) checks to move north 1 square (that brings them out of the web), then squeezing (half move speed, but they're spending the whole round moving, so yay) to move to H2.
[roll11] (atik)
[roll12] (dog)

If he doesn't make it out, Atik is going to use his Flint and Steel to burn away his part of the web, after his dog gets out (if he makes it)

If he makes it out, K'gak uses an Escape Artist check to move north three spaces, then west one (that's the maximum he can move, so hey).
[roll13] (k'gak, with Inspiration)

If he doesn't make it out, he attempts the DC25 escape artist (use the roll above, same modifier)

Inspiration remaining: 1

Edit: I made a mistake with the four Bat Damage rolls; here they are (in order as above)
[roll]1d8+9
1d8+9
1d8+9
1d8+9

Atik ends in H2 (he was free of the web after one square, so he can take the rest of his double-move normally, right?), K'gak ends in J1, Dog doesn't move, but made his save.

Gazzien
2013-05-18, 02:29 PM
Oh. Can't add rolls in an edit. Good idea.
Bat 1 normal damage:
[roll0]
Bat 2 normal damage:
[roll1]

Hamste
2013-05-20, 01:14 PM
Pyrom quaffs a potion while waiting for the web to clear up. Both Con and Pyrom move slowly up to the web that sprang up from nowhere. The web should give a lot of cover to them.

Healing [roll0] and Con moves to 0,O and Pyrom moves to 0,P. They shouldn't need a move silently check with all the yelling and screaming and they have total cover from the webs.

boldfont
2013-05-21, 10:14 PM
Aury manages to dodge the strands that would bind her completely, but when she tries to push through the webbing and forge ahead to the battle she finds that the web pushes back. She is free in a very small and confined area, for whatever that is worth.

Meanwhile, her bother and the elf exchange insults while they clumsily fail to injury each other. If anyone had been listening to the commentators, they would have heard a snide remark about it.

Grax, correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks to me like Pan Pan and the elf adventurer really have it out for each other.

I didn't think I'd hear myself saying this, but I agree with you. They don't seem to think much of each other.

Who do you think will be victorious?

Who cares? They both suck! There's no sense in arguing which of the sucks more.

Does the acid continue to burn? Where can I learn more? Educate me.

Trapped behind the web, and not willing to risk becoming immobilized or vulnerable (or perhaps Brutus has had enough fire for one day), Con, Pyrom, Julius and Brutus dot not engage. The commentators comment:

Cowardly, but smart Diane. I heartily approve.

I can't figure out how to put on this lip stick I bought...

*FACE PALM* Kobolds don't wear lipstick, you fruitcake! To wear lipstick you need lips!

Atik commandth his bats and they obey. They glide under the Pan Pan and over the Elf. They dive and swoop and gnash and nibble, but the Elf woman is nimble and wearing a chainshirt.

Gazz - Hunting bats are medium sized creatures with a +10 Bite attack.
They have a 5ft reach and hit for 1d6+3. They are able to maneuver around the Elf and then attack without provoking an AoO, however. This is despite the close quarters and nearby web, because they are flying. Large creatures with a ten foot reach could not do this. I do not remember approving bats that with advanced HD. Such bats would no longer be CR 3, as we discussed.

I have made the AoE more clear in the third round map. I admit that I drew a rough circle. It took only 5 seconds! What Dm can resist that? *Sigh* The new map has a rules compliant AoE. There will be no retroactive fixes for discrepancies. This post was already significantly delayed and it is not in the player's best interest to slow it down further. (This is a race!)

The red squares are currently burning, dark red is burnt, and blue is active webbing.

K'Gak sees the web not as a mass of sticky strands, but as a natural pattern with rhyme and reason. He knows where to bend and leap without even looking. Truly, his movement through the web is inspired. Nevertheless, it slows his progress enough to impede him.

Human Fires bow at Pan Pan [roll0] if hit [roll1]
Stuck 2/3 rounds

Elf 5ft step and Cast CLW on Human. Aw. [roll2] if acid still burning then [roll3] acid for her troubles (even though nothing says I have to do that)

Hobgob casts magic missile at bat in LoS for [roll4] Pew! Pew!

Dirty Gnome?

GAaahhhh! Elia! shouts the ranger. The acid webbing continues to burn his skin. It blisters and weeps in some places. He spits on the ground hatefully and aims for the kobold harassing Elia from above.

The hobgoblin throws bolts of force up and over the elf's head to the bat above her. They collide with magnificent flashes of magical energies.

Answering her on again off again love/hate interest, the elf reaches out a hand to caress the human's fingers with her healing touch.

...where the hell did that gnome go?

EDIT: MAP (http://koboldrun.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/kr-green-apc4.jpg)

Hamste
2013-05-25, 12:20 PM
Pyrom smiling picked up a piece of wood from the pile next to the fire. He dipped it into the fire and lobbed it into the web to help speed up the process of the burning web. They then quickly hid to avoid any attack that might come from someone on the other side. Con hid with him but kept a good look out in case if any of them could fly.

[roll0] to hit the space between l1 and m1 (A specific square has ac 5 I think). [roll1] for spot.

Clarkson
2013-05-25, 04:44 PM
Brutus steps into O5 once it's done burning.