PDA

View Full Version : "Ixion's Folly" - IC

Vizzi
2013-05-06, 09:14 PM
The bridge appears as a teeming hive where orders and directions are sent across the the ship in preparation for emergence into reality. The crew prepared as well as they could for the always harrowing experience and with a simple movement they emerged beneath the wailing of klaxon's and a burgeoning groan as the very bowels and structure of the ship flowed oddly as reality exercised its power fully.

As the ship settle and all sections confirmed readiness and no incursions a sigh of relief spread quietly as the bridge turned to more worldly matters, its Auger Array's activated and swiftly provided information.

Some distance away a sprawling complex of shipyards, recreation facilities and industry stood a mute testament to humanity's hunger. Its hunger for resources feed as to provide more and more war materials and ships by the towering spires on the planet below, The "The Flame of Endeavor" moved closer and soon was hailed by the complex. A brief discussion ensued as details and confirmation keys where exchanged before finally docking clearance being given, a hearty voice with a most peculiar accent, most likely an ancient recording echoed in the bridge "Howdy partner, welcome to Ungoliant."

As the ship approached the outermost layer of the complex one could distantly see new scaffolding growing in a almost organic fashion, ever expanding to feed the need for materials and space required. Shortly before docking two different messages where received, both requests transmitted publicly across the void for the presence of the Rogue Trader Callidia Albrecht and companions to attend at her leisure the estates of the Hjermstad and Eisen Rogue Trader Dynasty's.

http://www.freakygaming.com/gallery/game_art/starcraft_2/human_space_station.jpg

If you want you may roll Common Lore (Imperium), Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) or Active Augury. Any other rolls can be requested if applicable.

Glarx
2013-05-06, 09:26 PM
Simpkins tottered in the bowels of the ship, connecting his various MIU tendrils to the myriad panels that festooned this part. His mind accessed the cameras and downloaded the data, giving him the ability to understand the situations and issue orders. The tech-priests were chanting. He didn't have the internal energy to snap at them from afar -- his ire wasn't incensed as greatly as when they were in his presence.

He sent a little vox up to the Lord-Captain of the ship.

"Lah-Cap'm, t'would appear all systems be green across th' bahrd. Awaitin' yer orders, wot fer the enginarium or assorted associ'ed compar'ments. At yer leisure, Lah-Cap'm, thar's not a rush in th' void wot Oy can see."

jolinaxas
2013-05-06, 09:54 PM
Callidia was standing at one of the bridge's viewports, looking at the busy warren of a station when both the announcements and Simpkins' "all clear" came across the vox. She put a hand up to her micro-bead.

"Acknowledged, Enginseer Prime. Warp-Guide Attano, the warp was blessedly still this voyage as well. Once again, the Emperor protects his own."

Two other noble houses wanted to meet, and said as much in public. They could either be vultures, picking at the bones of the Albrecht dynasty, or much-needed allies. Maybe both. She attempted to recall significant details about both Eisen and Hjermstad.

CL:Imperium trained, Int 51, unsure of any modifiers. [roll0]
SL: Astromancy trained, Int 51. [roll1]

She sent out a call over the vox, to her senior crew members.

"As soon as we make airlock - we've been invited to meet with a few of the other dynasties. Any of you who wish to accompany me are welcome to do so. Keep me personally appraised of any purchases you deem necessary while we're in hab."

Callidia looked over to her calculance array, somewhat wistfully.

"Lady-Captain out."

Glarx
2013-05-06, 10:08 PM
"Lah-Cap'm, will'n'ye be needin' me out there, or am Oy alla'd to wot sit about 'nd make the Flame burn broighter?"

Vixsor Lumin
2013-05-06, 11:20 PM
Josef fiddles with the chain looped around his neck, and looks at all the readouts available to him. "Everything looks good here as well." He licks his lips as he double checks that the disruption cannons are being fed adequate power."I'd prefer to stay here and keep the ship warm. Unless of course the the Lady-Captain would prefer I come along." he calls from his command center

Tigger
2013-05-06, 11:51 PM
The call over the vox made Savonarole startle, as he was absorbed reading various reports from the ship's clerics on the state of the Imperial Creed aboard The Flame.

He thought for a few minutes about whether he should go to the Rogue Trader Houses with the lady captain or go directly to the headquarters of the Ecclesiarchy in Ugoliant. As we was leaning more and more towards the probably lavish receptions the two Dynasties would have prepared or them, he noticed with alarm the casualness of the captain's message over the vox.

Picking his most ceremonial voice, he broadcasted to all the crew : "Let us thank the Emperor for the safe passage he has granted us through the realm of the enemies of mankind. Let us thank his shining light that has guided us here so that we may do his will. Let us pray for success in our work in his name. As he has proven once more to strengthen our pitiful minds, the Emperor protects."

Not his best ever, but still, it was all right for something put together on the spot. Full of smug satisfaction, he sent a call to the captain on the vox : "Lady, I will be coming with you to the houses of the Traders. I expect the representatives of the Faith in their houses will be eager to provide me with information on the state of missionary work in the sub-sector."

Who said you couldn't have fun doing the Emperor's work.

Hemnon
2013-05-07, 12:36 AM
Having already begun to chart the route they've just traveled, Calista was busy imprinting it all into her familyknowledge, which was psychicly implanted into her metal staff.

As she heard the sound of her ladyship, the captain call over the vox, Calista answered back immidiately, right after having thanked the emperor for safe guidance through the immaterium.

''This is Navis Attano your Ladyship, The Emperor Protects indeed, but having warpsbane hull doesn't hurt either. If it would please you, I'd like to accompany you alongside whomever joins us as well, no matter which of the dynasties you choose to visit.''

Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)
Int 50 vs. [roll0]

Leon
2013-05-07, 01:15 AM
A meeting of traders, hmm more like a nest of vipers
Katyinna had been on a snap inspection of a mid deck gun battery when this message came through and immediately set about returning to the command levels and assembling a detail from the elite of the ships Arms-men.

Lady-Captain i will be along with your Honor Guard, we will join up at the airdock

Ipphli
2013-05-07, 09:56 PM
Isaak opened his eyes, revealing the solid whites that were his eyes. He'd been meditating in the astropathic chamber, trying to shut out the background noise of both the recently-left warp and the thousands living on the station below and on the ship. Thinking of going down to the station made him give a sigh.

Opening his a channel on his micro-bead to the Captain, he replied. "I will accompany you Captain thank you for the invitation m'lady."

jolinaxas
2013-05-07, 11:01 PM
Callidia left the bridge started planning a formal announcement of the Albrecht Dynasty's arrival in port. While doing so, she continued speaking on the Senior Officer's vox channel.

"Enginseer, Gunnery-Master - I know this is a beauty of a ship, but we all must leave it at some point. I'd prefer that you accompany me with the rest of the senior crew. And remember - dress to impress!"

These formal announcements were nothing if not pompous and over-wrought. Still, this was how things were done when you held a Warrant. They'd need voidsmen, bearing the dynasty's seal, and some kind of oratory. She starting examining an entry on the process in a dusty old Lord-Captain's logbook she kept in her quarters, making the needed substitutions as she went through it.

"Savonarole, once again, you remind me why the Ecclesiarchy had me counting Thrones instead of inspired souls. We depart as soon as I'm done sorting out this 'introduction' business. We'll assemble at the airlock in a few minutes."

"Citizens and Nobility of Ungoliant, I hereby announce the presence of the bearer of the renowned Albrecht Warrant - written by hands made rough with the effort of repelling the Great Heresy itself -Lady-Captain Callidia Albrecht and her senior crew, servants of the God-Emperor's will!"

Pompous? Certainly. Overwrought? A little. But she's already wearing a dead xeno-creature as an accessory, might as well go all out.

"Mistress-At-Arms, prepare our men for parade maneuvers. Any armsmen I see in any state of dishevelment will answer to me personally. First Officer Kyner, you have the bridge."

She started the long walk down to the airlock.

Glarx
2013-05-07, 11:22 PM
With a great pronounced hunch, the familiar click of chitin plates scratching each other, the sweeping red robe of the Adeptus Mechanicus (never before worn -- Simpkins kept a few in cold storage for whenever the Lord-Captain required something spiffy-looking) and a little servo-skull puttering next to him, Simpkins certainly looked the part of a loyal Adeptus Mechanicus techpriest. He used his power axe as a walking stick and as a symbol of his position, a not-so-subtle reminder to anyone who might think of getting too close to his Lord-Captain. On the hand that gripped the axe, a great ornate ring sparkled, a reminder of a bygone era. It was an ancestral seal, and something Simpkins wasn't particularly attached to. Still, it evoked a fair amount of respect from those who saw it, and while Simpkins wasn't able to capitalize on it, the effect might be beneficial for his Lord-Captain's dealings.

From beneath the perpetually enshadowed hood, two glowing yellow dots indicated where the techpriest's eyes were. A beard rolled down, comprised of a thousand thousand fibrous wires and connection ports. For added effect, Simpkins let his respirator sound ominously, a scratching intake every few seconds. Not the default setting -- he took care of his machinery -- but it played to what people thought about techpriests. If you were going to be a foreigner, be very foreign. Kept people comfortable.

His mind raced with information, cataloging what was seen for potential storage if deemed usable. Between the memorance implant and the calculus logi upgrade, Simpkins was able to collate data with admirable efficiency. The baleful eye's HUD indicated his ammunition and calculated ranges, attached as it was through his MIU.

"Can Oy ask whar we be a'headin', Lah-Cap'm? Bein' out from the Flame wot fer shore-leave ain't wot Oy'd call efficient, t'were Oy to be the callin' toip."

Vixsor Lumin
2013-05-07, 11:55 PM
"As you wish my lady." Josef says over his micro bead. He stands up and goes to put on some respectable clothes. As he is changing in his private quarters, he stops and stares at the wall. He glances over his shoulder quickly. "Shut up!" he shouts at no one in particular. Satisfied, he finishes dressing and goes to meet the others.

Tigger
2013-05-08, 12:02 AM
As he was walking towards the airlock to meet Callidia (he was trying to get himself to call her by her surname, so that he would prevent himself to consider her as his boss) and the other members of the crew that would form the delegation to the Houses, Savonarole was trying to remember if he knew anything about Ungoliant or the Hjermstad and Eisen dynasties, and even though he could not remember anything, he was certain he should have known at least a smidge of information. about the place he was going to enter and the people he was going to meet.

Part of the problem was that, during his time at the monastery, he had become accustomed to relying on a large library for his research and he had discovered with anguish upon stepping on the Flame of Endeavour that the book he was carrying with him, a copy of Mefonte’s Orthodoxy that the abbot had given him on the day of his departure, was to be more useful than any of the tomes he was going to find on the ship. Something would obviously had to be done about this, and, as unglamorous as it was as an objective, he was going to have to gather a substantial collection of writings if he wanted to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

Well, in addition to asking about missionary work in the sector to his counterparts in the Houses they were gonna meet, he would have to make some inquiries about opportunities to acquire such a collection in the sector. He hoped having the Orthodoxy with him would establish his credentials as an erudite, and smooth-talking people into giving him information was going to have to be enough to compensate for his faulty memory.

He had just regained his self-confidence when the Lady-Ca... Callidia made a nasty comment about his thanksgiving prayer. He had thought that having a Rogue Trader that had worked for the Creed Temporal would make his job easier, but it had turned out that it just meant that she knew the Ecclesiarchy and its methods too well to be easily swayed by them. He would have to do something about that, or he was going to be as mocked and ridiculed on this ship as he had been back on Persepolis.

“Lady-Captain, we simple servitors of the Creed were not presented with the oratory gifts that the grand rogue traders received at their births. But we do not need them as we are preaching the glory of the Emperor and not our own.”

Maybe that was just a bit too much on the snide side, but she had made him lose his temper. Nevertheless, he was wearing his tailor-made black velvet soutane and his golden aquila was around his neck, so he would look as if he had obeyed her orders.

Leon
2013-05-09, 09:59 AM
Having made ready a Detail of Armsmen for the Honor guard Katyinna awaits the arrival of everyone else at the dock

Vixsor Lumin
2013-05-09, 10:13 AM
Upon arriving at the dock, Josef spots Katyinna. "Well hello there!" he calls out giving a jaunty salute. "Ready to meet some more people who think that they're better than everyone else?" he asks while patting his pockets. He pulls out a lighter and keeps patting his pockets. "Anyone got a lho stick on em?" he asks without looking up from his search.

Hemnon
2013-05-09, 11:13 AM
Calista left the Navigator room, and as she arrived at the Dock, fell in line with the others. Her Navis Nobilite Robes, crimson i color, flowed around her form. Her Headscarf covering up her 3rd eye, as was good manners (and a good idea, since it can kill others if they look into it).

Vizzi
2013-05-09, 08:39 PM
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy)

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/300761main_image_1258_946-710.jpg
{table] Mean distance from Ungoliant | 1.869×10^8 km
Visual brightness (V) | –7.50
Absolute magnitude | 5.03
Spectral classification | F5
Metallicity | Z = 0.017
Angular size | 26.6′ – 28.7′[/table]

Two Gas giants with 8 moons between them, both have established orbital facility's, one under Hjermstad Dynasty, another under the control of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Two planetary bodies, metal rich, with varying facilities, greater concentration on Drumar (Ungoliant Station). Two separate asteroid belts, anomaly of M-type (metal-rich) asteroids forming an estimated 72% of the total population.

Asteroid belts mostly unexplored due to anomalous density and unstable materials.

Common Lore (Imperium)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Vizzi/Ixions%20Folly/UngoliantStation.png (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Vizzi/media/Ixions%20Folly/UngoliantStation.png.html)
Ungoliant is composed of 6 different sectors.

Black - Hub Sector. Where the planet is connected to Ungoliant via massive thethers and a single Orbital Elevator, used to transport the massive ammounts of metals stripped from the planet up towards the manufactorums.

Red - Adeptus Mechanicus Sector. Where the most important factories and laboratories are. The homes of the Adeptus Mechanicus.

Brown - Industrial Sector. Where the massive manofacturums, storehouses, shipyards and homes to the teeming masses that work in them.

Green - Entertainment Sector. Divided into two areas, the 'Noble Service' and the 'Regular Service'. One can supposedly find everything at a price.

Blue - Imperial Navy Sector. Where the Imperial Navy sector headquarters are located, filled with offices, shipyards, training facilities and warehouses.

Pink - Noble Sector. Where the vairious noble estates, private shipyards and warehouses are. Divided into two different areas, one supporting the Hjermstad Dynasty and the other the Eisen Dynasty.

The Hjermstad and the Eisen Rogue Trader Dynasty have strived and opposed each other in the sector almost since it was conquered into the embrace of the Imperium. None outside the family remembers what started the feud or how many perished but all know how vicious it is. Rumours are that while both strive from trading they each have their own area of interest.

jolinaxas
2013-05-09, 09:17 PM
Callidia was making it down to the airlock in fairly decent time - new ship to get used to, and all. She continued to speak over the vox on her way down.

"To answer the question on everyone's mind, we're to head to the Hjermstad district of the Noble Sector. We'll try to make decent time and head to the Eisens at a later time. I'd suggest a sort of joint meeting to save time, but as I recall, that would cause nothing but bloodshed and hurt feelings. The former, more than the latter. On the bright side, we get to go to two parties?"

As she walked into the airlock, she turned down her micro-bead and adjusted her xeno-pelt cloak.

"Assuming everything is in order, we can leave."

She looked around to have a quick headcount.

Glarx
2013-05-09, 09:20 PM
Simpkins grumbled. Two parties is not a bright side. "As'n ye wish, Lah-Cap'm. Oy'll be boi yer soide fer the whole kit'n'kaboodle, if ye will. But should ye say so, Oy'll 'appily return t' th' Flame, wot fer repairs 'n' overseein' the restock, Lah-Cap'm." He stood still while she looked at the assembled group of officers. Simpkins spent the time tallying the number of rivets in the whole of the ship.

Tigger
2013-05-09, 09:33 PM
Arriving at the airlock, Savonarole saw Callidia (he was always worried he would call her Callista and offend both her and the Navigator) as she was scanning the faces of the crew to see who was still missing at that point. Maybe he had been a bit harsh to her, and thinking about it, he was not even that sure her comment was meant to be demeaning. The abbot had warned him about his tendency to perceive imagined slights. And the poor girl had just lost most of her family, so maybe he should not be so harsh to her.

He smiled at her and inclined his head as he said: "Was I the one delaying the party? I know you were not surprised: a missionary is always a showman, and all showmen like to be the last to enter the stage."

But, as he looked around, he saw that the Astropath had not arrived, and added with a laugh in his voice: "But it looks like I've been outsmarted by our friend Isaak. I should have known one does not win this kind of game against a telepath."

Vixsor Lumin
2013-05-09, 09:54 PM
Josef bows silently when the Lady-Captain approaches. Sighing, he puts away his lighter and instead pulls out his flask and takes a quick swig. Replacing it in his coat, he looks at the group. "So whats the plan once we get there?" he asks of no one in particular.

Ipphli
2013-05-10, 06:06 AM
As if summoned by the use of his name, the astropath walks onto the docks as Savon mentioned him. Dressed in plain, if well-made and maintained, grey robes, he stands tall and proud. On his shoulder, a large bird of prey sits trying to watch all of the room at once. The hand not holding his staff/walking stick reaches up and strokes the bird's head while he murmurs soothing words to it.

Reaching the rest of the group, Isaak bows his head respectfully to the Captain. "I apologize for my tardiness Captain. I assume you have given careful thought as to who's invitation you will accept first, as the other family will most likely take it as an insult."

Leon
2013-05-10, 09:26 AM
Katyinna falls in just behind and to the side of the Lady-Captain directing the Honor guard to their positions.

The plan is to be ready when the nest of vipers shows its true colours

jolinaxas
2013-05-11, 12:40 AM
"The plan, as it were, is to hopefully gain some contacts, perhaps a contract or two, with the Hjermstad dynasty. They're the ones with an orbital facility here, or so says the records, and that puts them ahead of the Eisens in my book - their feud has so consumed the history of both houses that I cannot accurately recall their particular areas of mercantile expertise, unfortunately."

The airlock continued to cycle while Callidia had a voidsman announce her prepared statement to the station.

"And yes, a meeting with one will likely enrage the other, such is their hatred for one another - my choice stands. We'll go to their manor, be on our best behavior, charm as many thrones as we can out of them, and hopefully come out ahead, Emperor willing."

She gave a smile to the Arch-Militant, Katyinna, and looked over her honor guard for any unkempt dress, finding none.

"I know I am not perfect, and hope to learn a lot from all of you as you serve on this ship, each in your own way. But if you learn nothing else from me, learn this: among the nobility, our true color is already 'viper's nest."

She stifled a laugh and took out a coffer from a pocket in her coat, giving Josef a knowing look.

"Anyone for a lho while the airlock finishes cycling?"

Glarx
2013-05-11, 12:45 AM
"Lah-Cap'm, how can a color be a voiper's nest? Oy'm not familiar with a great many voipers wot were a distinct, unique shade, but p'rhaps Oy've only been lookin' at the wrong voipers in moy day." The little beams of light under his hood looked at the lho stick and then returned to the door. He continued running a count of rivets.

"As fer the nobles, they're a roight hobnail boot to the cogitator. Oy'll do what Oy can wot to collate data an' foind you a way t' increase yer profits from this little venture, but Oy can make no guarantees. Not moy depahrtment, y'unnerstan', Lah-Cap'm."

jolinaxas
2013-05-11, 01:01 AM
Callidia absentmindedly lights a lho and gives Simpkins a sarcastic glare. Well, sort of - those are his eyes, right?

"That came out all wrong. You know what I mean. Hrm. Nerves, I guess. I dearly hope I can untie my tongue before we get to the Noble District."

Glarx
2013-05-11, 01:04 AM
"Nothin' meant boy et, Lah-Cap'm, nothin' meant boy et. T'ain't moy kettle, so t' speak. 'Nalogies 'n' such. Nah, t'ain't moy kettle 't all. Oy 'ave no doubt ye'll get untoied 'fore ye get to the Germstad 'ouse, no doubt 't all. Lah-Cap'm speaks fer the Emp'ror an' the Throne."

Vixsor Lumin
2013-05-11, 01:12 AM
"Ah thank you." Josef says, taking the offered stick and lighting it up."We are truly blessed to have such a benevolent and generous Lady-Captain." Releasing a large cloud of smoke, along with a contented sigh, he adds "So play nice and talk our way into some shiny. I think we can manage that."

Tigger
2013-05-11, 01:26 AM
Listening to the surrealist conversation between Simpkins and Callidia about the color of a nest of vipers, Savonarole was torn between his impulse to burst out laughing and his realization that they might be the most awkward negociation team ever.

Really, except for the Rogue Trader herself, these people looked like they never had a civil conversation before. Even the blind psyker appeared a sociable man when compared to the crazy tech-priest, the trigger-happy arch-militant and the three-eyed mutant.

The pilot said something that made some sense as he accepted a lho stick, and Sav thought it best to follow his lead and restore some sanity in this conversation before the enginseer started talking about the rate of combustion of lho sticks and its similarity to the propulsion of torpedoes, or the arch-militant proposed to kill everyone and take their money.

"As far as I know, the Ecclesiarchy does not have a higher opinion of either of these two families, Lady-Captain, so siding with the one who seems to be the most powerful seems perfectly logic to me. Feuds between servants of the Imperium should not be fueled, and siding with the weakest party in a conflict would qualify as adding logs to the fire."

Leon
2013-05-13, 12:25 PM
Declining on the lho

Shiny is good to have and better if only you and yours has it.

Small talk and polite talk was not something she was good at or had much interest in but in the current circles it pays to move as the others do to some degree even if its alien. Much of what Katyinna knew in great detail left others looking green or glazed over.

Hemnon
2013-05-13, 01:20 PM
Calista also waved away the offered lho, thinking that she always feels strange after smoking, so she had killed off that habit before it got too bad.

''I'm not sure if there is much i can help with concerning getting ahold on valuables. I'm a regular Navigator, not a diplomatic scion, but i'll do my best to keep us all safe, My Lady.'' Calista said to the Lady-Captain, stating the facts as they where, with no convoluting speech.

Vizzi
2013-05-16, 09:10 AM
As the party fully gathered they began moving into the facility proper, surrounded by a group of watchful men.

With purpose the group moves moves towards the 'Hjermstad District', using the awaiting luxury rail car. As it moves with fantastic speed they can glimpse increasing levels of security, they soon transverse the outer structure of the district. Brothels, bars, museums, parks, mansions of fantastic wealth and untold other luxuries as the travelled to the final destination. At the very centre of the district they stopped before a massive Adamantium Gate and as they moved closer it opened almost quietly as if welcoming them into the yawning mouth of a Kraken.

As they moved past the Gate and several buildings they approached a massive mansion dwarfing all others they had seen on the way here, the back of their heads tingling slightly as they were being scanned and most likely plenty of fire-power was pointed their way.

Soon enough they entered the mansion, their men left behind near all the other lesser companions, being guided by servants deeper inside, as they crossed a final door they reached their destination a massive room filled with finery and trophy's of conquest and a long storied history upon the end of the room at an elevated position stood what they likely assumed was the head of the Hjermstad family, an old but still hardy man his eyes held warmth but with a glint of coldness, bald but upon the side of his head a massive scar that made him appear to have a constant scowl, his right arm a massive cybernetic implement. As his hand signalled the help away you noticed his calloused and scarred hand.

Around the room stood various groups clustered, a simple delegation of the Adeptus Mechanicus, a group of Clerics surrounding a Bishop, near a table filled with drinks a group of rugged and menacing men and woman, and about the room several other nobles of varying colours.

Tigger
2013-05-16, 10:38 AM
Even though he was a bit surprised by the lack of a gigantic cathedral in the scenery he could see through the windows of the car that was bringing them to the palace of the Hjermstad dynasty, Savonarole could not help to be amazed at the wealth put on display by Ungoliant. The sector had to be extraordinarily prosperous in order to support such magnificience, but that meant nothing, as he knew that prosperity can be a favour of the Emperor or a gift of the Ruinous Powers.

The Gate of the Hjermstad House only aggravated his perplexity, as it was clearly an imitation, and not a cheap one, of the Eternity Gate, the entry to the Inner Imperial Palace's Sanctum Imperialis: such a monument could be construed as a pious reference or as a vainglorious comparision between one self and the Emperor. Ambiguities like this one were always useful to the Inquisition when it built cases against individuals, and the safe side was always to remain discrete and austere. Then again, these people were Rogue Traders, so discretion and austerity were probably not their strong suits.

These reflexions were interrupted by a surge of panic when he entered the hall in which they were to be received. The grandiosity of the room did not make an impression on him, as he realized there was not only, as he had hoped, an Ecclesiarchy delegation among their hosts, but it was led, as he had not anticipated it (May the Emperor damn his inability to recall anything about this place or these people !), by a Bishop. He did not even know his name.

As he separated himself from his group, he saw the Lady-Captain giving him her support with a glance, as she had recognized the robe of the high-ranking priest. Man, he was going to need a glass of amasec if he wanted to get through this. Thank the Emperor that the clerics were standing not that far from the bar.

Vixsor Lumin
2013-05-16, 10:58 AM
As he entered the room, Josef drank in the sights. This was why he had clawed his way into his position. This is the life he had earned. A quiet voice whispered in the back of his mind, and with every ounce of his will he silenced. This was not the place for an episode. He immediately noticed the drinks table and the men who seemed to be more his type, but held a stiff pose at the Lady-Captain's side waiting for the introductions to conclude.

Hemnon
2013-05-16, 12:59 PM
Even though she'd seen wonders like this place before, it was still breathtaking to behold that even now, the might of the God Emperor who engineered her bloodline with the navigator gene, his aweinspiring power could still be found in all it's glory, even if some was copies or imitations, it was still a great sight.

Calista was silently keeping her thoughts to herself, leading her own steps with the dignity and presence as was expected from any Navigator of her House. Her crimson colored robes was fluttering around her was she walked, her stature and looks, that of a Noble heart and soul. Calista was of course prepared for the hidden looks of distrust, hate or disgust for what she was. But that was something she was used to and she knew why most felt that way and she was glad they kept their opinions to themselves and acted polite in her presence.

Glarx
2013-05-16, 01:15 PM
Standing to her left, still using his axe as a walking stick, Simpkins whispered to the Lady-Captain. "Where would ye care fer me t' be, Lah-Cap'm? Oy've no preference, although it may be fer the best t'were Oy to go to moy own an' speak to 'em about this an' tha' -- nothin' questionin', I ain't here t' get ye in trouble, Lah-Cap'm, but just somethin' wot t' get the feel o' the land, so t' speak."

jolinaxas
2013-05-16, 01:31 PM
If the Hjermstads had set out to exceed even Callidia's expectations, they had certainly done it. Such grand displays of wealth and, more importantly, raw influence and power were staggering. As they stepped into the gathering proper, she lowered her voice.

"I am expected to speak to the head of their dynasty, and should do so alone. Don't let this whole thing get to you, I know each of you will be fine. This is it. If you don't know what to do, remember - you all have counterparts in this dynasty. Talk some shop."

She looked around at all of them, her gaze lingering on Savonarole as she made a nod towards the Ecclesiarchy Delegation. Then she headed towards the scarred man's dais.

"The Albrecht Dynasty would like to formally thank the Hjermstad Dynasty for their gracious invitation."

I'm sure I'm missing something here that Callidia would know. At any rate, I'll throw a charm check down. 60 Fel + 5 Honor Amongst... + 10 Renowned Warrant = Trying for less than 75, and I'll spend a fate point if I mess it up.

[roll0]

Leon
2013-05-20, 07:49 AM
Acknowledged Lady Captain, i'll be around if you need me

With that Katyinna will make a b-line to the buffet and then mosy into a likely looking group to talk to people who possibly wont turn green at the line of conversation.

After listening to the flow of conversation she works her thought into it but still is mindful of the need to be alert for trouble.