PDA

View Full Version : Feudal Fairytale, Inuyasha

LordErebus12
2013-05-07, 09:48 AM
Inuyasha based campaign setting.

Goals: (Crossed out when finished)

Yokai and Oni subtypes

Demon-fused template (naraku) and wind-tunnel cursed template (miroku)

8 base classes (Assassin, Barbarian, Demon Slayer, Monk, Priest, Samurai, Sorcerer, and Trickster)

4 base races: Medium Half-Breed, Medium Human, Small Kitsune, Small Tanuki

half-dozen magical weapons and wondrous items

Basic Feudal Japan Map
http://i.imgur.com/wqHhGLJ.gif

LordErebus12
2013-05-07, 09:51 AM
Classes

Assassin
Barbarian
Demon Slayer
Monk
Priest
Samurai
Sorcerer
Trickster

------------------------------

Races

Half-Breed Racial Traits

Racial Ability Modifiers: Half-breeds are tough but are often less skilled thinkers. They gain +2 Constitution and –2 Intelligence.
Medium: As Medium creatures, Half-Breeds have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Half-Breed base land speed is 30 feet.
1 extra feat at 1st level.
Low-Light Vision: Half-Breeds can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Athletic (Ex): Half-breeds receive a +2 racial bonus on climb and jump checks.
Survivors (Ex): Half-breeds receive a +2 racial bonus on survival checks.
Automatic Language: Common and Yokai. Bonus Languages: Any.
Favored Class: Barbarian

Human Racial Traits

Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Human base land speed is 30 feet.
1 extra feat at 1st level.
4 extra skill points at 1st level and 1 extra skill point at each additional level.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
Favored Class: Any

Kitsune Racial Traits

Racial Ability Modifiers: Kitsune are agile and companionable, but tend to be physically weak. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and –2 Strength.
Small Size: Kitsune are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 penalty to their grapple, and a +4 size bonus on hide checks.
Type: Kitsune are humanoids with the kitsune and yokai subtypes.
Base Speed: Kitsune have a base speed of 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: Kitsune can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Agile (Ex): Kitsune receive a +2 racial bonus on Balance and Jump checks.
Kitsune Magic (Ex/Sp): Kitsune add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against enchantment spells that they cast. Kitsune with a Charisma score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like ability: 3/day—dancing lights.
Natural Weapons (Ex): a kitsune has a bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.
Languages: Kitsune begin play speaking Common (Japanese). Bonus Languages: Sylvan or Yokai
Favored Class: Trickster

Tanuki Racial Traits

Racial Ability Modifiers: Tanuki are resilient and smart, but tend to be cowardly. They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, and -2 Charisma.
Small Size: Tanuki are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 penalty to their grapple, and a +4 size bonus on hide checks.
Type: Tanuki are humanoids with the Tanuki and Yokai subtypes.
Base Speed: Tanuki have a base speed of 20 feet. Are not slowed by armor or heavy loads.
Low-Light Vision: Tanuki can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Irongut (Ex): Tanuki receive a +2 racial bonus on saves against ingested poisons.
Natural Weapons (Ex): a Tanuki has a bite attack that deals 1d4 points of damage.
Languages: Tanuki begin play speaking Common (Japanese). Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Sylvan, Yokai
Favored Class: Sorcerer

Grippli Racial Traits

Racial Ability Modifiers: Gripplis are nimble and alert, but spindly. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Strength.
Size: Gripplis are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 penalty to their grapple, and a +4 size bonus on hide checks.
Type: Gripplis are humanoids with the grippli subtype.
Base Speed: Gripplis have a base speed of 30 feet and a climb speed of 20 feet.
Swamp Stride (Ex) A grippli can move through difficult terrain at its normal speed while within a swamp. Magically altered terrain affects a grippli normally.
Darkvision: Gripplis can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
Camouflage: Gripplis receive a +4 racial bonus on hide checks in marshes and forested areas.
Weapon Familiarity: Gripplis are proficient with nets.
Languages: Gripplis begin play speaking Common and Grippli. Gripplis with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aquan, Sylvan.
Favored Class: Priest

Tengu Racial Traits

Racial Ability Modifiers: Tengus are fast and observant, but relatively fragile and delicate. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, –2 Constitution.
Type: Tengus are humanoids with the tengu subtype.
Size: Tengus are Medium creatures and receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Speed: Tengus have a base speed of 30 feet.
Senses: Tengus have low-light vision allowing them to see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Swordtrained: Tengus are trained from birth in swordplay, and as a result are automatically proficient with sword-like weapons (including bastard swords, daggers, elven curve blades, falchions, greatswords, kukris, longswords, punching daggers, rapiers, scimitars, short swords, and two-bladed swords).
Natural Weapons: A tengu has a bite attack that deals 1d3 points of damage.
Sneaky: Tengus gain a +2 racial bonus on hide, listen, move silently, and spot checks.
Gifted Linguist: Tengus gain a +4 racial bonus on decipher script checks, and learn 2 languages each time they gain a rank in speak languages rather than 1 language.
Languages: Tengus begin play speaking Common and Tengu. Bonus Languages: Any
Favored Class: Samurai

Vanara Racial Traits

Racial Ability Modifiers: Vanaras are agile and insightful, but are also rather mischievous. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, and –2 Charisma.
Type: Vanaras are humanoids with the vanara and yokai subtypes.
Size: Vanaras are Medium creatures and thus have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: Vanaras have a base speed of 30 feet and a Climb speed of 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: A vanara can see twice as far as a human in dim light.
Nimble: Vanaras have a +2 racial bonus on Balance, Jump, and Tumble checks.
Prehensile Tail: A vanara has a long, flexible tail that she can use to carry objects. She cannot wield weapons with her tail, but the tail allows her to retrieve a small, stowed object carried on her person as a swift action.
Languages: Vanaras begin play speaking Common and Vanaran. Vanaras with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aklo, Celestial, and Sylvan.
Favored Class: Monk

Ratfolk Racial Traits

Racial Ability Modifiers: Ratfolk are agile and clever, yet physically weak. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, and –2 Strength.
Type: Ratfolk are humanoids with the ratfolk and yokai subtypes.
Size: Ratfolk are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –4 penalty to their grapple, and a +4 size bonus on hide checks.
Speed (Slow): Ratfolk have a base speed of 20 ft.
Darkvision: Ratfolk can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
Tinker: Ratfolk gain a +2 racial bonus on Craft (alchemy), listen, spot, and Use Magic Device checks.
Rodent Empathy: Ratfolk gain a +4 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks made to influence rodents.
Languages: Ratfolk begin play speaking Common. Ratfolk with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Any
Favored Class: Assassin

LordErebus12
2013-05-07, 09:52 AM
reserved for monsters and templates

Banshee

Naga (maybe 2)

Imperial Dragons (4 of them)

Jorogumo

Kappa

Ghost

Goblin

Grimlin

Oni (maybe 3)

red cap

Revenant (kikyo)

Shinidamachū, The Soul Collectors (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280428)

yuki-onna

Yokai (Dog, Wolf, Frog, Rat, Snake, Boar, Tiger, Monkey)

zombie

LordErebus12
2013-05-07, 09:55 AM
Weapons of Renown:

Tessaiga, Sword of Destruction (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282468)

Tenseiga, Sword of Life

Hiraikotsu, Giant Boomerang

Tōkijin, The Demon Blade

Naginata of Kenkon

----------------------------------

Artifacts:

The Shikon Jewel, Jewel of Four Souls

----------------------------------

Minor Artifacts:

Shikon Jewel Shards

danzibr
2013-05-07, 10:02 AM
This is quite interesting. I'm a fan of the show (only read a bit of the manga). I'd like to see how it turns out.

Oh, and lmk if you want me to delete this, but it looks like it's been 12 minutes since you posted.

LordErebus12
2013-05-07, 10:07 AM
This is quite interesting. I'm a fan of the show (only read a bit of the manga). I'd like to see how it turns out.

Oh, and lmk if you want me to delete this, but it looks like it's been 12 minutes since you posted.

nope, you're fine.

Frathe
2013-05-07, 10:18 AM
About this thread's title... I'm half Asian, and I've always found "Oriental" kind of offensive, or at least weird/dated. "Asian" is definitely preferred in most contexts.

LordErebus12
2013-05-07, 10:23 AM
About this thread's title... I'm half Asian, and I've always found "Oriental" kind of offensive, or at least weird/dated. "Asian" is definitely preferred in most contexts.

well, it wasn't meant to be offensive. I could change it, no problem.

We dont exactly call the west "Occidental", now do we... both are outdated but it came to mind when i posted it.

inuyasha
2013-05-07, 07:08 PM
I have an idea in mind for the demon bound template. And dont forget to add sounga the sword of hell to the weapons section (it was inuyashas dads blade, it was in one of the movies)

LordErebus12
2013-05-07, 07:48 PM
I have an idea in mind for the demon bound template.

And dont forget to add sounga the sword of hell to the weapons section (it was inuyashas dads blade, it was in one of the movies)

Cant wait.

Havent seen the movies, though I've watched inuyasha and inuyasha final act

inuyasha
2013-05-07, 07:50 PM
look up sounga on inuyashawiki, you'll get some good information, its even more powerful than tessaiga, and waay more evil