PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Mundane item crafting class

Jak
2013-05-07, 01:12 PM
Okay, so, I'm attempting to make a character who uses crafting, mundane items, and creativity to battle foes and overcome obstacles. I'm thinking intelligence and charisma based, and probably high skills, but mechanically, I'm not really sure where to start. Also, if you have any ideas for creative ways to use or combine items, feel free to post them. No homebrew please, Thanks in advance. =)

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-07, 01:26 PM
Factotum -> chameleon 2 -> factotum

Ok, your trick is to get the chameleon floating feat and the factotum ability to turn 1 rank in a skill into much more 1/day.

Use the floating feat to get the open minded feat for 4 skillpoints. Spend them to get access to any 4 craft skills you happen to need. Spend factotum inspiration points to bump the ranks up to your HD-2. Make anything you can do with a craft check.

Make everything you can out of here
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101

Big Fau
2013-05-07, 01:39 PM
Trapsmith and it's relative (Dungeonscape, Complete Scoundrel) have abilities that fit your concept. Not particularly effective, but it can be made to work.

Fouredged Sword
2013-05-07, 01:54 PM
Trapsmith is particularly nasty with sizing heavy crossbows. Setting a trap with a colossal crossbow for +40 to hit and 8d8 damage is not something to underestimate. Also, haste as a level 1 spell is nice.

For that I would go Factotum 5 / Trapsmith 1 / Chameleon 2 / Trapsmith 4 / Factotum 8

Jak
2013-05-07, 02:16 PM
Okay, noted, another idea that came to mind was making use of the fabricate spell and making a sort of Full Metal Alchemist-esc character.