PDA

View Full Version : Chaos warrior of Khorne.

smoke prism
2013-05-07, 01:55 PM
This is my firs PC, so PEACH will be much appreciated.
Also I am thinking of makig some feats for this PC (PM me with any idears you have) (I have underlined the problems i am having).

Chaos warrior of Khorne

“I have become death destroyer of worlds “
Ebus the destroyer, after his ascension.

HELP HEAR

Becoming a Chaos warrior of Khorne.

To qualify to become a chaos warrior of Khorne, a character must fulfil all of the following criteria.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
BAB: +7
Feats: Evil brand and willing deformity.
Alignment: chaotic evil
Deity: Must worship Khorne (or you’re regional equivalent)
special: Must have killed 100 sentient creatures in Khornes name.

Class Skills
class skills: Climb, intimidate, jump, listen, ride, spot, survival, swim
Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d10

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2| Skin of steel, Bloodlust (1)

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3| Mettle

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3| Bloodlust (2)

4th|+4|+4|+1|+4| Skin adamantine

5th|+5|+4|+1|+4| Bloodlust (3)

6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+5|Ruinous soul

7th|+7/+2|+5|+2|+5| Bloodlust (4)

8th|+8/+3|+6|+2|+6| Improved mettle

9th|+9/+4|+6|+3|+6| More than a man

10th|+10/+5|+7|+3|+7| Ascension

[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: You gain proficiency with all material weapons.

Skin of steel(Ex):

“As the arrow strikes Ebuses chest, he grins as the arrow crumples against his un-relenting skin.”

At level 1st the chaos warrior of Khorne gains DR 10/adamantine

Demonic boost (Ex):

As the knight’s hammer strikes Ebus chest he feels his ribs his crack and organs rupture, a felling of pain rip’s into his rib cage. Then a different sensation, like a fire condensing in his rib cage. Ebus gives the knight a toothy smile and spits “you’ll regret that worm”.

Starting at 1st level, when the chaos warrior of Khorne is reduced to ¼ its full hit points, it enters a state of bloodlust. This state lasts for a number of rounds equal to its con modifier. Whilst in an state of bloodlust the Chaos Warrior of Khorne gains fast healing 5 and a +2 profane bonus to str and con, at 3rd level and every two class levels afterward (excluding 9th level) the fast healing granted by this ability increases by 5 and the profane bonuses increase by an additional 2.

Mettle(Ex):

As the poison courses through Ebuse veins like an inferno, Ebuses grimaces in pain. Then moments later Ebuse fells an ice cold sensation trickles through his vein quickly quells the fire. Ebuse smiles to himself “lucky me”

At 2rd level a chaos warrior of Khorne can resist magical and unusual attacks with great willpower or fortitude. If he makes a successful Will or Fortitude save against an attack that normally would have a lesser effect on a successful save (such as any spell with a saving throw entry of Will half or Fortitude partial), he instead completely negates the effect. An unconscious or sleeping warrior of Khorne does not gain the benefit of mettle.

Skin of adamantine(Ex):

As the paladins grate sword strikes Ebuse neck, the blade bounces of. The paladin stunned is only able to stare in disbelief as Ebuse leaps at him.

At 4th level a chaos warrior of Khorne gains DR 15/- .

Ruinous soul(Ex):

As the fireball explodes in the mites of the chaotic horde of men, Ebuse sees the flames that are burn these lesser men, but all he fells is the demonic forces inside him quelling the fire around him.

At 6th level a chaos warrior of Khorne gains spell resistance equal to 15 + con modifier.

Improved Mettlel(Ex):

"You illusion will not fool me, wizard"

When you make a successful Will save, you completely avoid damage or effects from any spell or ability that would normally cause a partial effect or half damage when a save is made. (In other words, “Will partial” in a spell’s description becomes “Will none” for you.) You still take normal damage or receive the full effect on a failed save.

In addition, you receive only half damage or partial effects from spells or abilities that normally grant partial effecct on a successful Fortitude save, even if you fail the saving throw, and no damage or effect at all if you succeed.

More than a man(Ex):

“I AM MORE”.

At 9th level a Chaos Warrior of Khornes type changes to outsider (With the following subtypes; Native, chaotic, evil). Unlike other outsiders, the Chaos Warrior of Khorne can still be brought back from the dead as if they were a member of their previous creature type. .The Chaos Warrior of Khorne also has a 75% chance to negate the effects of critcal hits and sneak attacks, instead rolling damage normally.

Ascension(Ex):

Ebuse fells his skin boil, his muscles thicken and his bones elongate, but through all this pain Ebuse does not scream or cry, “no” he thort to himself “I’ve come too far, endured too much to shrink away from my rewarded”.

Then suddenly the pain stops and Ebuse looks down to sees the floor 20 feet below him. He lifts his hands to see massive claws and large muscular hands covered in red leathery skin. Then, suddenly there is a splitting sensation down his back, as large, members wings burst out of his back.

At 10th level a chaos warrior of Khorne gains the following ability’s:
• Re-forged: You gain a +2 bonus to str and con. You also grow 1 size categories (with all the bonuses and penalties).

• Weapons of Khorne: you gain 2 claw attacks a bite attack and a slam attack, with damage appropriate for its size. All of these attacks are treated as magical and adamantine for the purposes overcoming damage reduction.

• Death is not the end: If the chaos warrior of Khorne dies in battle, his soul is taken to Khorne personal domain. Were his soul and body are reattached. The chaos warrior of Khorne re-materialises on the spot where it died in 24 hours.

• Wings: the chaos warrior of Khorne gains fly speed 50 feet (poor).

• Frightful presence: Whenever the chaos warrior of Khorne charges, fly’s over head or attacks, every creature within 70 feet must make a will save, or be effected by the fightful presence.I would reccomend adding Those who successfully make their save against this effect are immune to the Chaos Warrior of Khorne's Frightful presence until 24 hours have passed.

• Demonic skin: The DR gained from skin of adamantine goes up by 5. The chaos warrior of Khorne also gains fire immunity.

Ir0npanda
2013-05-07, 03:54 PM
I am a huge WHFB nerd (and 40k to a lesser extent) and I can appreciate the impulse that led to this PrC.

I will critique in more depth later, but I have some quick suggestions:

Clean up and format the entire post with the premade forum template for class progression
All warriors of Khorne should gain proficiency with ALL martial weapons upon gaining the PrC. Khorne is the god of War!
Re-materialization after death should be contingent on the number of sentient creatures killed in the last week. Khorne does not give his favours to servants who do not constantly seek more bloodshed

Tanuki Tales
2013-05-07, 03:57 PM
Tables are your friend.

Prestige Class Name

Put an image of your class here!

Put a quote by or about a member of your class here!

A general description of what your class is!

Role: What your class does in and for a party.

Alignment: What alignment or alignments your class may have and why.

Hit Die: dx

Requirements
To qualify to become CLASS NAME, a character must fulfill all of the following criteria.
:
:
:
:

Class Skills
The CLASS NAME's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are...

Skill Points at First Level: (x + Int modifier)

CLASS NAME
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

2nd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

3rd|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

4th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

5th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

6th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

7th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

8th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

9th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability

10th|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Class Ability[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the CLASS NAME.

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: What weapons and armor your class is proficient in the use of!

All other class features go here (Use the format shown directly below if you don't know what to do.)!

CLASS FEATURE NAME (Ex, Su, Sp, Ps):

Moonwolf727
2013-05-07, 04:15 PM
Righty-o, you asked for help and you shall receive it. I've mostly corrected spelling and gramatical errors but I've also included a proper table for you to use if you like. I have refrained from messing with your flavor quotes to avoid accidentally displeasing you. Since I don't want to mess anything up I'll post my commentary and suggested changes in a spoiler just below each class feature (Though for other things I will simply write my commentary in red). If there is anything you don't like say so, this is your thing and I'm not going to do anything you don't want me to.

This is my first PC, so PEACH will be much appreciated.
I am also thinking of making some feats for this PC (PM me with any ideas you have, I have underlined the problems I am having).

Chaos warrior of Khorne

“I have become death destroyer of worlds “
-Ebus the destroyer, after his ascension.

HELP HERE

Becoming a Chaos warrior of Khorne.

To qualify to become a chaos warrior of Khorne, a character must fulfil all of the following criteria.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
BAB: +7
Feats: Evil brand (http://dndtools.eu/feats/fiendish-codex-i-hordes-of-the-abyss--66/evil-brand--963/) and willing deformity (http://dndtools.eu/feats/book-of-vile-darkness--37/willing-deformity--3145/).
Alignment: chaotic evil
Deity: Must worship Khorne (or your regional equivalent)
special: Must have killed 100 sentient creatures in the name of Khorne.

Didn't change much here, just standard bolding and suchlike. I also added links to the two required feats for ease of access.

Class Skills:
Climb, intimidate, jump, listen, ride, spot, survival, swim
Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Again, next to no change here. I don't imagine you need to add any extra skills for this class other than what is here, though it is up to you.

Hit Dice: d10

Fair enough, respectable fighter hit dice.

Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+2|Skin of steel, Bloodlust (1)
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+3|Mettle
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+3|Bloodlust (2)
4th|+4|+4|+1|+4|Skin of adamantine
5th|+5|+4|+1|+4|Bloodlust (3)
6th|+6|+5|+2|+5|Ruinous soul
7th|+7|+5|+2|+5|Bloodlust (4)
8th|+8|+6|+2|+6|Improved mettle
9th|+9|+6|+3|+6|More than a man
10th|+10|+7|+3|+7|Ascension

I cleaned up that paragraph and made it into a table, I haven't actually changed anything other than the formatting here though.

Weapon Proficiencies: A Chaos Warrior of Khorne gains no new Weapon Proficiencies.

All is good here, I doubt anyone taking this PRC needs new proficiencies anyway, though you might want to include all of the martial proficiencies just on the off chance some non-melee found their way here.

Skin of steel(Ex):
“As the arrow struck Ebus in the chest, he grinned feeling the feeble projectile crumple against his un-relenting skin.”

At level 1st the chaos warrior of Khorne gains DR 10/adamantine

Not much to say in terms of balance here, it might be a little too much at this level, perhaps you could have it scale?

Demonic boost (Ex):
As the knight’s hammer strikes Ebus chest he feels his ribs his crack and organs rupture, a felling of pain rip’s into his rib cage. Then a different sensation, like a fire condensing in his rib cage. Ebus gives the knight a toothy smile and spits “you’ll regret that worm”.

At 1st level, when the chaos warrior of Khorne is reduced to ¼ its full hit points, it enters a state of bloodlust. This state lasts for a number of rounds equal to its con modifier. Whilst in an state of bloodlust the chaos warrior of Khorne it gains fast healing 5 and a +2 profane bonuses to str and con (Every 2 levels ( stops at 7th level ) fast healing goes up by 5, the str and con goes up by +2.

I like the idea, though it scales with level properly so is most likely better than the last ability as far as I can see. It seems rather reminescent of 4E's bloodied state and the range of ways that players could exploit that. Suggested changes to the wording are in the spoiler.

Starting at 1st level, when the chaos warrior of Khorne is reduced to ¼ its full hit points, it enters a state of bloodlust. This state lasts for a number of rounds equal to its con modifier. Whilst in an state of bloodlust the Chaos Warrior of Khorne gains fast healing 5 and a +2 profane bonus to str and con, at 3rd level and every two class levels afterward (excluding 9th level) the fast healing granted by this ability increases by 5 and the profane bonuses increase by an additional 2.

Mettle(Ex):
As the poison courses through Ebuse veins like an inferno, Ebuses grimaces in pain. Then moments later Ebuse fells an ice cold sensation trickles through his vein quickly quells the fire. Ebuse smiles to himself “lucky me”

At 2rd level a Chaos Warrior of Khorne can resist magical and unusual attacks with great willpower or fortitude. If he makes a successful Will or Fortitude save against an attack that normally would have a lesser effect on a successful save (such as any spell with a saving throw entry of Will half or Fortitude partial), he instead completely negates the effect. An unconscious or sleeping warrior of Khorne does not gain the benefit of mettle.

Standard melee ability really, there isn't much I can say here. All is well in the land of mettle.

Skin of adamantine(Ex):
As the paladins grate sword strikes Ebuse neck, the blade bounces off. The paladin stunned is only able to stare in disbelief as Ebuse leaps at him.

At 4th level a Chaos Warrior of Khorne gains DR 15/- .

Ok then, seems fair enough and I understand that you want to give unbreakable damage resistance at some point down the line, here seems like an OK spot to do it.

Ruinous soul(Ex):
As the fireball explodes in the mites of the chaotic horde of men, Ebuse sees the flames that are burn these lesser men, but all he fells is the demonic forces inside him quelling the fire around him.

At 6th level a Chaos Warrior of Khorne gains spell resistance equal to (15 + con modifier).

I know this PRC was just posted but can we have some flavor that links this to Khorne please? Again, I can't say much about balance but this seems fairly OK.

Improved Mettle(Ex):

I question both why this is blank and whether you'd like me to fill it in for you?

More than a man(Ex):
“I AM MORE”.

At 9th level a chaos warrior of Khorne type changes to outsider (native. chaotic, evil). The chaos warrior of Khorne also gains moderate fortification.

Ok, I have some wording recommendations for this one, but otherwise I see what you are going for.

At 9th level a Chaos Warrior of Khornes type changes to outsider (With the following subtypes; Native, chaotic, evil). Unlike other outsiders, the Chaos Warrior of Khorne can still be brought back from the dead as if they were a member of their previous creature type. .The Chaos Warrior of Khorne also has a 75% chance to negate the effects of critcal hits and sneak attacks, instead rolling damage normally.

Ascension(Ex):

Ebuse fells his skin boil, his muscles thicken and his bones elongate, but through all this pain Ebuse does not scream or cry, “no” he thort to himself “I’ve come too far, endured too much to shrink away from my rewarded”. Then suddenly the pain stops and Ebuse looks down to sees the floor 20 feet below him. He lifts his hands to see massive claws and large muscular hands covered in red leathery skin. Then, suddenly there is a splitting sensation down his back, as large, members wings burst out of his back.

At 10th level a chaos warrior of Khorne gains the following ability’s:
• Re-forged: You gain a +2 bonus to str and con. You also grow 2 size categories (with all the bonuses and penalties).
• Weapons of Khorne: you gain 2 claw attacks a bite attack and a slam attack, with damage appropriate for its size. All of these attacks are treated as magical and adamantine for the purposes overcoming damage reduction.
• Death is not the end: If the chaos warrior of Khorne dies in battle, his soul is taken to Khorne personal domain. Were his soul and body are reattached. The chaos warrior of Khorne re-materialises on the spot where it died in 24 hours.
• Frightful presence: Whenever the chaos warrior of Khorne charges, fly’s over head or attacks, every creature within 70 feet must make
a will save, or be effected.
• Demonic skin: The DR gained from skin of adamantine goes up by 5. The chaos warrior of Khorne also gains fire immunity.

Well, let's take a look at this shall we?

• Re-forged: You gain a +2 bonus to str and con. You also grow 2 size categories (with all the bonuses and penalties).

I question the sudden change of size categories although I'll admit that the bonus to str and con is justified to an extent.

Why now? This could've been included earlier in the class to beef up one of the more dull levels.

Ok, so they are immortal until you kill their god or otherwise employ an epic caster to keep them dead. You might want to add some conditions to stop them from being literally impossible to keep down. Fair enough for now, I suppose.

Meh, another thing that could've been put in earlier but it still fits to have it here I suppose. Most of your friends will have been flying way before now though.

• Frightful presence: Whenever the chaos warrior of Khorne charges, fly’s over head or attacks, every creature within 70 feet must make
a will save, or be effected.

Words cannnot describe how OP this is with its current wording. I would reccomend adding "Those who successfully make their save against this effect are immune to the Chaos Warrior of Khorne's Frightful presence until 24 hours have passed." Or something like that.

This is relatively minor to have as a capstone, though while coupled with the other abilities I suppose it qualifies as decent. Fire immunity, much like flight, is something you and all of your party members probably had access to via wizard or a class feature long ago.

I'd reccomend switching the class features for 9th and 10th level, though keeping "Death is not the end" here in 10th would be a good idea. And the switching only applies to things you don't spread over the rest of the class to pad it out.

Overall, it could use some work. Then again, so could a lot of PRC's around here and it is your first try after all. Don't take what I've said as law, there are people frequenting these boards who have a much better sense of balance than I do, I would reccommend taking their advice over mine.

Hawk7915
2013-05-07, 04:35 PM
Moonwolf is spot on. One other note: even at ECL 17, a half-orc going from 6' to 16-18' tall full-time is a major issue in terms of logistics, lodging, exploration, and interaction. I'm not sure the size boost is needed: it would make more sense to give them "inhuman reach" (5' reach on all attacks, or existing reach extended to 5'), or just have them go up one size category when in a Blood Lust.

This is pretty solid, though. A bit on the strong side (DR 20 and Fast Healing 20, plus Mettle and SR, makes for a mighty hard to kill character), but melee deserves nice things and this is more or less exclusive to Full-BAB classes.

smoke prism
2013-05-07, 05:25 PM
Thankyou everyone for you're feed back and advice:smallsmile:

I only realised formatting was an error after posting, and now i don't have time at the moment to fix it:smallfrown:.

•All warriors of Khorne should gain proficiency with ALL martial weapons upon gaining the PrC. Khorne is the god of War!

•Re-materialization after death should be contingent on the number of sentient creatures killed in the last week. Khorne does not give his favours to servants who do not constantly seek more bloodshed

First point: Because fighters and barbarians are most likely to enter this PC with material proficiency, but good point from a fluff perspective.

Second point: Good point, but it dose say that they must die in battle.

Moonwolf727 all you're comments will be taken in to consideration when I edit the PRC later.

This is pretty solid, though. A bit on the strong side (DR 20 and Fast Healing 20, plus Mettle and SR, makes for a mighty hard to kill character), but melee deserves nice things and this is more or less exclusive to Full-BAB classes

I designed it to be a pain in the back.
------------------------------------------

As a side note I'm thinking as my next project (after editing this), is ever some feats for this PRC (PM me you idea's), or to go on and create the chaos warrior of Nurgle. Which one?

smoke prism
2013-05-08, 11:00 AM
formatting fixed.