PDA

View Full Version : Some PF game data: what organic level 7 WBL looks like

Spuddles
2013-05-08, 01:42 AM
I thought this was sort of interesting.

Some background info:
6 characters- Sorcerer (lvl7), Druid (lvl7), Paladin (lvl 6), VoP Cleric (lvl7), SUmmoner, Rogue (lvl 6). Level differences reflected by side adventures/not showing up.

Not counting healing consumables (probably totalling no more than 5k), and a bunch of MW weapons we've gotten from humanoid enemies, we have found 379,856gp worth of wealth.

Subtracting out equipment that we've found (robe of arcane heritage on the sorcerer, greyflame on the paladin, etc.), after selling remaining loot, the pay out looks like this:

Sorcerer 22 595
Druid 20 303
Paladin 13 470
Cleric 32 437
Summoner 23 078
Rogue 16 084

The wealth discrepancy is almost entirely due to magic weapons & armor.

Keneth
2013-05-08, 02:25 AM
So your DM gave you 3x the amount of wealth you should have at that level. What's so interesting about that? :smallconfused:

Spuddles
2013-05-08, 02:46 AM
So your DM gave you 3x the amount of wealth you should have at that level. What's so interesting about that? :smallconfused:

The relative difference between classes. Essentially the T1 & 2 classes are functioning with WBL while the T4 require substantially more.

Keneth
2013-05-08, 02:51 AM
What do you mean functioning with WBL? WBL includes your equipment, not just currency.

Spuddles
2013-05-08, 02:57 AM
WBL for a 7th level character in PF is 23k, btw.

But let me explain a little better.

We've found a total amount of wealth worth 379,856. Liquidating and selling that would yield each of us a share of 31,654gp. However, items like a rod of metamagic or a +3 greyflame longsword are instead claimed by an individual and the value of that item subtracted from their share of the loot.

The numbers listed above show how much currency each player gets after everyone's claimed the items they wanted vs. opting to sell it.

The paladin and rogue have used up nearly their WBL in equipment while the sorcerer, summoner, and druid have used only about half their level worth of wealth.

Keneth
2013-05-08, 03:02 AM
Which is normal since lower-tier classes are a lot more reliant on equipment than upper-tier classes. It's not really a big secret. :smallbiggrin:

Seharvepernfan
2013-05-08, 03:09 AM
Essentially the T1 & 2 classes are functioning with WBL while the T4 require substantially more.

Yes, they require more wealth to function, but those T1 & 2 classes could be spending the rest of theirs on scrolls and wands and stuff to keep it even, they just haven't.

Spuddles
2013-05-08, 03:17 AM
Yes, they require more wealth to function, but those T1 & 2 classes could be spending the rest of theirs on scrolls and wands and stuff to keep it even, they just haven't.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Which is normal since lower-tier classes are a lot more reliant on equipment than upper-tier classes. It's not really a big secret. :smallbiggrin:

I like data, though.

Seharvepernfan
2013-05-08, 04:19 AM
My point was that T1 & 2 classes don't need wealth to function, but they can still use it, and that yours just aren't. The other classes need it to function, and they have thus spent theirs.

Spuddles
2013-05-08, 04:26 AM
My point was that T1 & 2 classes don't need wealth to function, but they can still use it, and that yours just aren't. The other classes need it to function, and they have thus spent theirs.

No one's spent anything. We've acquired about 500gp in coins each, which wasn't even included in those numbers.