PDA

View Full Version : What's going on with PS2?

mandijames
2013-05-08, 02:28 AM
I played on a PS2 today, and am so pleased i have not forked out £299 for this "thing"! (no offence to you guys out there who have ordered one, it maybe what your expecting.) Anyway when I heared about the Playstation 2 i was expecting the ultimate games playing machine. However I played on the new ridge racer title, and was exceedingly disappointed. The graphics are very reminiscent of the PSone, just smoother, and gameplay is so slow. I had high expectations of this machine, and if Ridge Racer is the shape of things to come, one of these units will never make its way throught my door. Sony really should have put more than 4mb VRAM in? For a machine with the PS2's potential this really is a ludicriously small amount. The Dreamcast has 8MB, so therefore shouldn't the PS2 have at least 12MB. From my time on Ridge Racer 5 I saw a huge amount of misting, reminiscent of the Ninetendo 64. With the PSOne there were crystal clear graphics, when the PSOne and N64 grpahics were seen side by side the clarity of the Playstaion's graphics were so obviously better.

Another question are there going to be any original titles coming out for the PS2? As currently i can only see sequels to existing games (or at least the only good games on the machine.)

I have enjoyed 5 years of the PSOne, i paid £279 for it, when it launched it was an original machine, with original titles really pushoing the boundaries of gaming. I'm sorry to say that, for me personally, the PS2 is looking like a huge disappointment.

I have had a dreamcast for about a year now, and have enjoyed a range of quality titles. I was wondering a) the sales numbers of the dreamcast. And if it gets to the point where Sega are forced out of the console market do you think they'll make games for the likes of PS2?

I'll probably get much abuse for this message, but I believe that Sony are taking advantage of their market situation, by flogging off products that aren't of as high quality as they should be. If this is the shape of the PS2 of the future, I would say to Sony please just concentrate on the Home Entertainment market.

Sorry everyone here I don't mean any offence to any of you who have forked out £299 for your console, i'm sure you'll be very happy with the product. I'm just expressing my personal feelings on the PS2 front, and besides the PS2 hasn't recieved any adverse publicity yet.

Brother Oni
2013-05-08, 02:48 AM
That's the longest post I've seen for a spam link. A pity it's about 13 years too late.

Alaris
2013-05-08, 02:57 AM
That's the longest post I've seen for a spam link. A pity it's about 13 years too late.

But the 'link' is in his signature... is it really a spam link?

Cespenar
2013-05-08, 05:37 AM

I think it's supposed to be irony about how the current "PS3 to PS4" transition is more or less the same as the "PS1 to PS2" transition from 13 years back. So it's not "late" or anything.

Apart from that, I don't know much about PSs as a whole, so I can't discuss the validity of the simile, but there it is.

KillianHawkeye
2013-05-08, 07:22 AM
But the 'link' is in his signature... is it really a spam link?

Yes, if you haven't noticed yet the spambots are getting more topical, and some of them are editing the spam into their signatures so as not to get caught as easily. Not that this thread is particularly topical in the year 2013, but at least they're trying.

http://xkcd.com/810/

Grif
2013-05-08, 08:21 AM
This has to be one of the smartest spam bot I seen yet. :smallbiggrin:

Xenrei
2013-05-23, 10:18 PM
I don't know if this is really a bot. It actually has an avatar! :O

Mando Knight
2013-05-24, 12:18 AM
I don't know if this is really a bot. It actually has an avatar! :O

It was a bot. It used a default avatar, and had now-scrubbed spam in its signature.

Loki_42
2013-05-26, 05:43 PM
I actually thought it was an intelligent parody of console traditions, and wondered what everyone was talking about until I noticed he was banned.

NeoVid
2013-05-26, 07:26 PM
Honestly, I'm impressed that a spambot made a great ironic humor post.

The Extinguisher
2013-05-26, 07:44 PM
Honestly, I'm impressed that a spambot made a great ironic humor post.

Don't be. Its probably stolen from another gaming site.

Closet_Skeleton
2013-05-27, 07:32 PM
Don't be. Its probably stolen from another gaming site.

So it reposted an article? If this was reddit then this spambot would be so close to a real person that I might argue that from a philosophical viewpoint one might argue that it has a soul.