PDA

View Full Version : All right, total recall arcadists, I need YOU!

TaRix
2013-05-08, 02:11 PM
I've got a couple of memories of arcade games jangling in my head, and they're driving me batty. Ever hear a few bars of an unknown song that you KNOW you know from ... somewhere? It's like that.

Anyway, game one:
The cabinet was a double-wide (though there was probably a normal-sized version) starring ninja protagonists of more realistic humanoid proportions. Guy ninja in blue, maybe a girl ninja in red (with blond ponytail?); their height was upwards of 20-25% of the monitor screen. They used shuriken but probably other things too. I remember seeing something causing limb damage, which revealed...metal. Yep, T-1000-type ninja. The last thing I remember about it is that the character faces off against a wide-honkin' tank either in the first level or attract mode. Judging from my memories, I'd say it's a very-late-80s game, but probably before 1990. At least before Street Fighter II.
No, it's not Shinobi, but the perspective is similar.

Game two:
A first-person-panning shooter, probably set in the Prohibition era due to the preponderance of trenchcoats, hats, and tommy guns. You control your gunsight manually (not with a light-gun apparatus) and probably your perspective as well. Whenever someone was about to shoot you down, there'd be a little speech balloon pop up on the screen corner with a number counting down, beeping away. Dying may or may not have been a bloody affair, but a rather scratchy riff accompanied it.

If anyone could identify them, I'd be much obliged.

Also, if you fear that an answer would date you to be older than myself, a PM would work, too.

Thanks, playgrounders!

Lost Demiurge
2013-05-08, 03:16 PM
Well, the first game was "The Ninja Warriors"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ninja_Warriors

No clue on the second, sorry...